Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JS mentioned 4-5days, but I will check on that and get back to you. :D I have no idea if CM is going to speak. Personally, I hope he does though.

After the verdict, the prosecution said they had three days of testimomy, and the defense said they had two.

Then, you’re right that JD mentioned 4-5 days.

JD Crighton‏ @JDCrighton 6m6 minutes ago
You won’t believe what Merritt’s sister said in this video as she gets into her car: “He didn’t mean it.” Verdict Reached for Man Suspected of Burying Family of 4 in Calif. Desert

6s68UhCw

Verdict Reached for Man Suspected of Burying Family of 4 in Calif. Desert
This sounds dangerously close to the "it was an accident" excuse we hear all the time.

Yep, he picked up a sledgehammer and beat each of them individually on accident. I'm totally buying it.

Thanks for posting. I had not seen the actual footage of her saying this yet or the footage of Merritt family member grabbing the camera. Joesph and Summer's family remained stoic and classy.
I hope there will be an explanation of what she meant by "he didn't mean it," and verification of who "he" is.
It's hard to know for sure what she meant since we don't know the context of the conversation. Imo

'he didn't mean to bludgeon a family of four to death'
'he didn't mean to bash in two little boy's heads'
'he didn't mean to steal from and defraud his best friend'
'he didn't mean to gamble away his family's rent money'
'he didn't mean to stiff customers out of finished products'
'he didn't mean to .......... '

coming soon directly from death row's Theatre of Pain....Charles Merritt musical a la Chicago...

staring Chase Merritt....directed and produced by Charles Merritt....

Of course kids who are actually testifying are allowed into the courtroom. But as spectators? I have seen kids brought to the courtroom department, several times each year. I've been practicing since 2002.
Every single time (except once, in a closed courtroom, specially set and assigned- when the witness had an infant and a toddler and could not find child care), the bailiffs rushed to intercept the adult and child and get the kids out.

The only exception is middle school kids who get to sit in on a case during a mock trial group event.

That's my experience as an attorney in CA for 17 years.

I'm sure that's the case in several states and the child of a defendant may be an exception whether I agree with it or not. I suspect in this case it was simply the lackadaisical nature of the judge that allowed it.

There is literally signs on every court room door in the three other states I've been to courtrooms in. They basically say no hats, cell phones have to be silenced, that children are allowed but they must be quiet and not disrupt the proceedings.

I've seen dozens of children over the last few years... newborn - 10 generally. I presume older than that people just leave them home. I disagree with them being in there because I'm in criminal court. You never know what kind of case is going to come up next.

I've only ever seen them asked to leave when it was a closed hearing though. So apparently others disagree with my opinion. :confused:

I do hope Summer's family has decided to speak out. It seems that Summer got lost in the trial and her voice needs to be heard. She needs to be remembered as the loving wife, mother, sister and daughter that she was in stead of the dead mom found buried in the desert. :(
Hi cabo...Tracy is in Europe on a long planned vacation. The DA was going to try and figure out a way for her to testify remotely. They also were working on a way to get Blanche and Ken there

I do hope Summer's family has decided to speak out. It seems that Summer got lost in the trial and her voice needs to be heard. She needs to be remembered as the loving wife, mother, sister and daughter that she was in stead of the dead mom found buried in the desert. :(

I totally agree! I hope we get to hear from her mom, her sister, her brother!

Ridiculous that L&C isn't covering this live. I was crazy busy at work this morning, but I checked in around the time it was supposed to start and read all the posts about no feeds, etc. But it does sound like they are going to have audio/video? So maybe there was just a problem with the streaming today? Although, the scheduling looks ridiculous again too... days off, half days... I have never watched a trial like this before and hope I never do again lol ( I will not be watching any more Cali trials lol)

I wonder if CM had disclosed to his family what he actually did? WHY in the world would she instantaneously say that? THAT was no slip of the tongue.

Hi cabo...Tracy is in Europe on a long planned vacation. The DA was going to try and figure out a way for her to testify remotely. They also were working on a way to get Blanche and Ken there
Thank you for the update. I hope each family/friend who lost a loved one has an opportunity to express their tremendous losses. I think the jury needs to hear it and I think the victims need to speak it to help with their grieving process. IMO this seems like one of the more painful times in the entire trial as it really brings it home that their loved ones are dead never to return.

I wonder if CM had disclosed to his family what he actually did? WHY in the world would she instantaneously say that? THAT was no slip of the tongue.

it was though
it was a classic freudian slip
she knows IMO in her heart that he did it and the only way she can reconcile that knowledge is to tell herself he didn't mean it
the family dynamics are fascinating to me ... perhaps people have been making excuses for him his entire life

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member