Chase Merritt SENTENCED TO DEATH for murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gina Watson/ Patrick McStay wants to show a video during victim impact statements?

No, it looks like she sent a media request to record it for Motion Picture Video. Googled and found that she or the company is making a documentary apparently.

Last edited:
But is she affiliated with the company doing the documentary? I thought she was a friend? Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Looks like she's affiliated. It was just something that I didn't know and imagine others didn't either. Saw her name on the court portal and I was confused LOL

Checked to see if anything else was filed or any other notes, only media requests have been added the last few days.

She is super close with Patrick so if anybody is going to help do a documentary it should be them.

Before everyone goes sideways and the wrong information starts spreading all over the place as it seems it already started. Here is what Patrick told me.

Gina' husband has a production company and Patrick asked them to film the sentencing hearing for him. Patrick wants a last and accurate record of the sentencing for the man that killed his family.

He said in the past there has been so much misinformation that he wants to have the real truth for his personal records.

He also told me that Gina and her husband are traveling with Patrick to the hearing.

Now you know the facts not conjecture.

Before everyone goes sideways and the wrong information starts spreading all over the place as it seems it already started. Here is what Patrick told me.

Gina' husband has a production company and Patrick asked them to film the sentencing hearing for him. Patrick wants a last and accurate record of the sentencing for the man that killed his family.

He said in the past there has been so much misinformation that he wants to have the real truth for his personal records.

He also told me that Gina and her husband are traveling with Patrick to the hearing.

So Motion Picture Video is not making a documentary? (that is what is at the link that I shared)

That's what I was surprised about that we hadn't heard, and then of course that Gina was involved with it.

Looks like there will be a few media outlets there and I imagine that Law and Crime will upload to youtube afterwards.

ETA: just checked to see if anything was added to the court site, just more media requests.

So Motion Picture Video is not making a documentary? (that is what is at the link that I shared)

That's what I was surprised about that we hadn't heard, and then of course that Gina was involved with it.

Looks like there will be a few media outlets there and I imagine that Law and Crime will upload to youtube afterwards.

ETA: just checked to see if anything was added to the court site, just more media requests.

Thank you, missy, for bringing us the latest updates. Sure looks like Gina’s husband’s company is making a documentary .....

There certainly are a lot of media requests for coverage of sentencing. Where were they all during the trial? There were very few articles written about the trial.

life is so tender, so fragile and every person we love means so much to each of us. I am so sorry there is so much inexplicable cruelty and evil among us.

this case really is one of the worst I can remember in years.

if you have someone who is mistreating you, abusing your generosity, causing you financial
problems and making you feel threatened or responsible for their problems , find a way to protect yourself, call the authorities, secure your life and make sure you feel safe.

and please, women..when you call a contractor for plumbing..electric..whatever, please try to have a man with you in your home . Please know which neighbors are home and have a phone at the ready.

many of these people have criminal records and you should be very careful.

Chase Merritt is a destroyer of innocence, a killer on the road, a soulless ghoul... I pray he will stop the circus and accept his sentence.

He won't because he's a narcissist. He doesn't care what he did.

mOO

Your post touched me---yes life is tender and fragile--we a s humans are so
vulnerable---monsters like Chase Merritt, with a facade of normalcy, while hiding
the soul of the devil---cases like this and Heidi Broussard are among the worst
because they represent pure unadulterated betrayal-and the victims never
saw it coming

That’s what makes this case so sad to me is that Chase decided to do this after everything that Joey had done for him.

Even if he hated Summer and wanted revenge in his warped mind because Joey had somehow betrayed him then why the kids?

he valued the dogs life’s more than the children which is so *advertiser censored**ed up.

ETA - I am not wishing the dogs dead here as I love animals but it’s weird he didn’t also kill them.

Thank you @Bobcat1 for setting the record straight! I wish nothing but the best for Patrick and the McStay family.

Friday, January 17th:
*Sentencing & Post Judgement Motions Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - McStay Family: Joseph (40), Summer (43), Gianni (4) & Joey, Jr. (3) (Feb. 4, 2010, Fallbrook; found Nov. 11, 2013) - *Charles "Chase" Ray Merritt aka Charles Ray Mandel aka Charles Ray Morritt aka Chase Meredith aka Chase Jarvis (57/now 62) arrested (11/5/14) & indicted (11/7/14) of 4 counts of murder with special circumstance. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DP case.
Trial started 1/7/19. Dark on all Fridays. Jurors started with 8 women & 4 men; now have 9 women & 3 men (alternates started with 4 men & 2 women-alternates left 1 men & 1 woman). Took about 22 hours of deliberations for guilty verdict on all 4 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstance. Verdict: LWOP for Joey, Death for Summer, Gianni & Joey, Jr.
Trial Days (1-63: 1/7/19 thru 6/7/19) & Verdict (6/10/19) & Penalty Phase (Day 1-5: 6/11/19 thru 6/21/19) and court info thru 9/27/19 reference post #212 here:
GUILTY - Chase Merritt charged w/murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

11/1/19 Update: McGee was allowed to withdraw and it is solely on Maline now. Also the sentencing date has been changed to Jan. 17, 2020 from the Dec. 13, 2019 date. 12/20/19: Motions hearing held. 12/30/19: Defense’ motion for continuance-denied. There are also several motions that will be heard first & one of them is the defense Motion for a Sentencing Reduction.
1/14/20: Order on Media request to permit coverage filed by Law & Crime network & Motion picture video-Gina Watson.

Patrick McStay will speak at the sentencing January 17th...today. I can’t believe it’s taken almost 10 years for justice to be done. I wish Patrick peace...at last.

SAN DIEGO — Patrick McStay has waited for this day, when he finally gets to speak in court, gets to speak for his slain son Joseph McStay, daughter-in-law Summer and two young grandsons. On Friday, he will speak at the sentencing of the man convicted of killing them.

It will mark the end of a long journey, he said this week. And he will “absolutely” ask the judge to send the man to death row.

Sentencing set Friday for man convicted of killing McStay family

Last edited:
Holding out hope that today’s sentencing goes ahead and isn’t rescheduled! This has gone on way too long now. A year since the start of the trial and CM still isn’t on death row. Not long now, hopefully that’s where he’s going tonight. Justice is coming.

So.... does anyone have a link for live streaming for today's court proceedings? Tnx in advance!

I came here to ask the same thing. I don't see a link at L & C, but maybe they will add in as it gets closer to 8:30.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation
Back