Chase Merritt SENTENCED TO DEATH for murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was a program tonight on Oxygen channel called Killer Motive that went in depth into the McStay Family case. I remember being involved in this one at the time and because of the car being planted at the border, and the false sighting of the family that did actually cross into Mexico that everyone was sure that was what had happened to them. It's nice to get some actual closure as to the whole case.

I went away for a few days so missed him being sentenced.

I am happy he has been found guilty. I still have so many unanswered questions though unfortunately as I still think he had some help at some point and I’m not convinced the house was the crime scene it was too clean IMO

But all that aside he is definitely guilty and I hope he can grow a conscience and reveal what he did one day.
When the bodies were found, I was of the mindset that they had been kidnapped and killed outside of the house- i.e. driven to the Mojave desert and killed there. Their car being driven to the Mexico border was clearly a red herring/wild goose chase. He just had to have been thrilled at the false sighting of the other family crossing into Mexico. Why wasn't better video identification/cleanup attempted?

Last edited:
I'm sort of new to this case. I can't for the life of my find where people believe the McStays were murdered? Or how Merritt was able to I presume restrain all four of them and kill them when it seemed like he used a sledge hammer. I'm guessing he could have used a gun. I watched the closing statements and the prosecutor mentioned they don't need to prove where the family was murdered for conviction but I'm wondering about theories.

Thanks for any theories offered.
By separating them. That's how Cary Stayner was able to kill Carole Carrington and two teenage girls.

There was a program tonight on Oxygen channel called Killer Motive that went in depth into the McStay Family case. I remember being involved in this one at the time and because of the car being planted at the border, and the false sighting of the family that did actually cross into Mexico that everyone was sure that was what had happened to them. It's nice to get some actual closure as to the whole case.

Thanks for notification. I just got done watching it. It contained interviews with all the original players. It's amazing how Britt Imes and Melissa Rodriquez already look older from the days of this trial. I still love this trial.

I wish they had interview some defense side of things.

I would not be surprised if the director takes 10-years to make this like the directors of Making a Murderer. I am actually excited to see it regardless of whatever theory it follows. Status has been "filming" since 2019 on IMDB.

I would not be surprised if the director takes 10-years to make this like the directors of Making a Murderer. I am actually excited to see it regardless of whatever theory it follows. Status has been "filming" since 2019 on IMDB.
I firmly believe that the producers/director planned on this documentary being just exactly like Making of a Murderer. :rolleyes:

I truly believe they hope they will have enough defense ammo to sway public opinion into believing Chase was railroaded. I really really really hope that never happens.

But I think they have a whole lot of behind the scenes stuff with the defense, talking about the scandalous, corrupt Prosecution and the biased judge and false accusations will be coming forward, sadly enough.

Sean Daugherty suggested in court that the defense attorneys each made or are making a six-figure salary for signing with the documentary team. It means getting a salary that is at least $100,000. Contentious trial as it was, this is probably what paid for Merritt's defense amo.

It doesn’t matter what mud is thrown he has been found guilty.

he had motive and the time to do this.

That's just because you don't understand alternative accounting where you log into your employers accounting programme and print yourself cheques and forge his signature right around the time he happens to be dead

American Greed's profile of this case includes interviews with DA Imes, DA Rodriquez, Patrick McStay, Sgt. Hanke, Sgt. Smith, Sgt. Bachman, and Rajan Maline. Also, delves into some evidence I never quite understood.

DA Imes concedes it is likely he had help.

American Greed's profile of this case includes interviews with DA Imes, DA Rodriquez, Patrick McStay, Sgt. Hanke, Sgt. Smith, Sgt. Bachman, and Rajan Maline. Also, delves into some evidence I never quite understood.

There’s far too many things for me to conclude he did this alone. Possible but not probable.

For those of us with no possibility to watch, were there any interesting conclusions?

I'd love to know what they think happened. We know from some of the evidence that he was hanging around the McStay place in the days following the murders ...

From the beginning they suspected more than one person was involved. Shortly after the remains were found, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said the killings appeared to be “ extremely orchestrated” and carried out by more than one person.

From the beginning they suspected more than one person was involved. Shortly after the remains were found, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said the killings appeared to be “ extremely orchestrated” and carried out by more than one person.

Sheriff John McMahon said at 2 minutes and 5 seconds into the press conference announcing Merritt's arrest, "There's no information to suggest there were any other suspects involved in this crime." Either way, I'm not implying I have some kind of superior knowledge. It just wasn't anything Imes suggested at trial so I thought it was interesting that he talked about that openly. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbennett90
Back