GA Chelsea Metz, adult, Atlanta, 3 Nov 2022 *Missing & Wanted by Police*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Audrina

Proud Idahoan
Reaction score
Hi all! First thread I have posted, I am nervous. Please let me know if I miss anything/mess anything up!!
News on Facebook by 11Alive (with comments)
Chelsea Metz missing Houston County Georgia | 11alive.com
A mother of two has been reported missing by her family in central Georgia and authorities, who have put out warrants for her on charges including probation violation, believe she could be in metro Atlanta.
According to the Houston County Sheriff's Office, Chelsea Metz was last seen by family members on Nov. 3, nearly three weeks ago. The sheriff's office said she is believed to be in metro Atlanta.

Though she has outstanding warrants for her arrest by both the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office and Cobb County Sheriff's Office, her family told 11Alive that her going missing was concerning because she is the primary caretaker of her two children.

Police Searching for Information on Missing/Wanted Woman
1669262838843.png
HOUSTON COUNTY, Ga. (WGXA) -- A woman wanted on two outstanding warrants has been reported missing in Houston County.

According to Houston County Deputies, 32-year-old Chelsea Metz was last seen by her family on November 3rd in Houston County and is believed to now be in the Metro Atlanta area.

She is about five feet, two inches tall and has brown hair and blue eyes.

Metz has warrants in Cherokee and Cobb Counties for failure to appear and violation of probation.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call the Houston County Sheriff's Office at (478) 542-2085 or Macon Regional Crimestoppers at 1-877-68CRIME.

So were the warrants issued to assist in locating her? Or is she on the run and her family doesn’t want to accept? MOO
In my years of participation on this site, I've learned that it's not illegal to go missing. Filing a false report (eg saying you were kidnapped when you weren't) is illegal, and in certain jurisdictions, LE (often SAR) can demand reimbursement for searches done under false pretenses. But simply choosing to walk away and disappear does not break any laws. Thus I believe the warrants must be unrelated.

In my years of participation on this site, I've learned that it's not illegal to go missing. Filing a false report (eg saying you were kidnapped when you weren't) is illegal, and in certain jurisdictions, LE (often SAR) can demand reimbursement for searches done under false pretenses. But simply choosing to walk away and disappear does not break any laws. Thus I believe the warrants must be unrelated.
This makes sense, thank you.

So were the warrants issued to assist in locating her? Or is she on the run and her family doesn’t want to accept? MOO
My guess is that it's more likely the warrants were triggered by missed obligations due to her disappearance... looks like she missed a court appearance and probably a meeting with her probation officer.

They certainly won't hurt in locating her though.

Remember the Runaway Bride in Georgia? That was very close to me... in proximity and (sort of) personally. The jilted groom's uncle was once a doctor of mine.

She put that family through hell... especially when the groom was under intense public scrutiny for days (and presumably being investigated by LE). Thank God that was in the days before crazy *advertiser censored* attention seekers looking for internet fame start camping out "protesting" outside of homes. He wouldn't have deserved that.

Anyway, she popped in my head when I read your comment about LE demanding reimbursement.

The City of Duluth did just that... eventually settling for a fraction of the search costs

Then she sold her story for like $500K.

I do want to point out that there is a scenario in which walking away and choosing to disappear is illegal.

When one is on probation... which it appears she was since one warrant is for violation of probation.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Remember the Runaway Bride in Georgia? That was very close to me... in proximity and (sort of) personally. The jilted groom's uncle was once a doctor of mine.

She put that family through hell... especially when the groom was under intense public scrutiny for days (and presumably being investigated by LE). Thank God that was in the days before crazy *advertiser censored* attention seekers looking for internet fame start camping out "protesting" outside of homes. He wouldn't have deserved that.

Anyway, she popped in my head when I read your comment about LE demanding reimbursement.

The City of Duluth did just that... eventually settling for a fraction of the search costs

Then she sold her story for like $500K.

I do want to point out that there is a scenario in which walking away and choosing to disappear is illegal.

When one is on probation... which it appears she was since one warrant is for violation of probation.

Happy Thanksgiving!
You're right, and I should have prefaced my post "for an ordinary, law abiding citizen...".

*Is this the same woman? I’m confused.

The Cherokee Sheriff's Office is asking for help finding a woman reported missing by her family March 9.
  • Chelsea Metz.JPG
Chelsea Jean Metz, 32, was last seen in the Hickory Flat area, walking on foot wearing a blue long sleeve shirt, black pants, and a gray/tan hoodie tied around her waist, according to the sheriff's office

She has brown hair and brown eyes, is about five feet, two inches tall and weighs about 130 pounds, authorities said.
Anyone who sees or has information on her whereabouts is asked to call 911.

*Is this the same woman? I’m confused.

The Cherokee Sheriff's Office is asking for help finding a woman reported missing by her family March 9.
  • Chelsea Metz.JPG
Chelsea Jean Metz, 32, was last seen in the Hickory Flat area, walking on foot wearing a blue long sleeve shirt, black pants, and a gray/tan hoodie tied around her waist, according to the sheriff's office

She has brown hair and brown eyes, is about five feet, two inches tall and weighs about 130 pounds, authorities said.
Anyone who sees or has information on her whereabouts is asked to call 911.
It is the same woman, the pic used in your post is also on the above Namus link

But this whole dates and circumstances are confusing or do not make sense!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus
Back