Child discovery leads Alabama police to 2 bodies, arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Indy_ar

Reaction score
Child survived but unfortunately there might be two victims

<modsnip - not an approved source>

A man is facing multiple charges after a child, found walking alone Monday night, led investigators to a horrific discovery.

Sheriff Jimmy Abbett has confirmed the arrest of Jose Paulino Pascual-Reyes, 37. The man is being held on three counts of capital murder after two decomposing bodies were found, as well as one count of first-degree kidnapping after the child was discovered walking along a roadside. He is also being charged with two counts of abuse of corpse.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 12-year-old girl found walking on an Alabama road Monday morning led to the discovery of two decomposing bodies inside a nearby home and the arrest of a man on a kidnapping charge, officials said.

“I would say she’s a hero,” Tallapoosa County Sheriff Jimmy Abbett said at a news conference Tuesday.

NBC affiliate WSFA of Montgomery reported that court records indicate the girl had been tied up and drugged with alcohol before she was able to escape

The girl had been restrained to bed posts for about a week, according to a criminal complaint. She had chewed off her restraints -- breaking her braces -- and her wrists show marks consistent with restraint, it states.
The 12-year-old had been given alcohol to stay "in a drugged state" and was assaulted in the "head area," the complaint states. She had not been reported missing, the sheriff said.
[snip]
The sheriff further stated that "other people" were living in the residence. The sheriff did not say whether these people were being charged or held in connection with the alleged crimes at the residence.
[snip]
"This is horrendous to have a crime scene of this nature and also a 12-year-old juvenile to deal with this horrendous situation," Abbett said, calling the girl "a hero."
Kidnapped girl's escape leads investigators to 2 decomposed bodies in Alabama

so many questions. How brave of her, what a survivor. Not reported missing. wondering if the bodies are those of indivuduals who are known to her, or would have stopped her ordeal :( I hope not, she's endured so much I would hate to think that she wasn't reported missing because those who cared most are dead at her captors hands.

Who were these "other people" who lived there? Did they know what was happening under their roof? How could they not? and if they did, WTF? So many questions. I am sure the answers will come.

Bless whoever saw her walking down the road and recognized she needed help. There are two heroes in this tale. MOO

She wasn't reported missing for the two weeks she was captive and restrained to the bed?

The fact that she had braces on tells me there were parents who were taking car of her. Braces are expensive.

I am worried that the two decedents were her parents/ caretakers /siblings.

Kidnapped girl's escape leads investigators to 2 decomposed bodies in Alabama

Admittedly, I haven't done my research yet, but this is interesting.
I just saw this on the NYT. We don't have many details yet, but I would like to know why the girl was not apparently reported missing. From this article:

The authorities said the girl, who had not been reported missing, was “doing well.” Sheriff Abbett said she was in state custody.

And also this:
Sheriff Abbett said that Mr. Pascual-Reyes had worked at a construction site in Auburn, Ala., about 25 miles southeast of Dadeville, and had been living at the home since February. He added that other people were at the residence when the authorities arrived but didn’t provide further detail.

I just read an update to the story that said one of the victims was a female in her 30's that had been smothered with a pillow, the other was a juvenile that had been bludgeoned and cut up into small pieces. The original story stated two people were at the residence when police arrived. Honestly, were there really two people living there surrounded by a girl being held captive and two deceased victims?

from the NYT update:

Sheriff Abbett declined to provide details about when the girl might have been kidnapped, although court records indicate that it was around July 24. He also declined to describe what relationship, if any, she had with Mr. Pascual-Reyes.

“It was not a random abduction,” Kevin Hall, an assistant district attorney for Tallapoosa County, said in an interview on Wednesday. “As far as the nature of the relationship, I don’t think I can get into that yet.”
[snip]
Sheriff Abbett said that Mr. Pascual-Reyes had worked at a construction site in Auburn, Ala., about 25 miles southeast of Dadeville, and had been living at the home since February. He added that other people were at the residence when the authorities arrived but didn’t provide further detail.
Girl, 12, Escapes Captivity, Leading Alabama Authorities to Find 2 Bodies

1st set of BBM - I hate to think what this child has been through. this doesn't sound good. it's more what is not being said than what is IYKWIM

2nd set of BBM - he hasn't resided there that long, and this says other people were present in the home WHEN POLICE ARRIVED, meaning they were also probably ther WHEN THE GIRL ESCAPED. Allegedly she was picked up right outside the home on the road?

Jose Paulino Pascual-Reyes, 37, is charged with three counts of capital murder, two counts of corpse abuse and one count of kidnapping.

Pascual-Reyes is charged with capital murder of a child under the age of 14, capital murder during a kidnapping and capital murder of two or more victims.

One of the victims has been identified through court records as Sandra Vazquez Ceja.

The second victim – a male child – was identified only as “AOGV.”

Charging documents against Pascual-Reyes state the little boy was fatally bludgeoned by the suspect, who used his hands and feet. The woman was smothered with a pillow.

Both victims were then “cut into small pieces at the joints in order to hide evidence,’’ according to depositions in the cases. Vazquez was killed in the course of Pascual-Reyes trying to hold her hostage.

The records do not indicate if the suspect knew his victims or was somehow related to them. The victims are believed to be family members of the 12-year-old girl.

Last edited:

DADEVILLE, Ala. (WRBL) – Horrific details continue unfolding in a real-life house of horrors investigation involving a boyfriend suspected of killing and dismembering his girlfriend and her son while holding her daughter hostage for more than a week before she escaped.

Tallapoosa County Sheriff Jimmy Abbett confirms the boyfriend, 37-year-old Jose Reyes, is charged with multiple counts of Capital Murder, Abuse of a Corpse, and Kidnapping 1st Degree.

Are the three counts of capital murder actually two victims, but three different crimes can be charged?

And the other people that were at home in the residence, besides the perp and the young girl hostage?

Does anyone yet know who owned or rented the home? The report says the perp had lived there since February, implying that he moved in with the deceased woman and the children.

A driver picked up the girl and notified authorities, prompting an investigation and search that led to police officers discovering two decomposing bodies inside the mobile home where Pascual-Reyes lived and the girl was believed to be held, Abbett said. Other people lived at the residence, he said, but no one else was there when police arrived.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back