Chloroform in the trunk of caseys car

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the stain in the trunk ever actually confirmed to be body fluids? I wonder now if the stain was spilled chloroform.

OH and my mom is an RN my dad an oncologist - I've never seen chloroform. Its not something ANYONE has hanging around their house.

The only time I've seen it has been in biochem lab (yeah I had dreams once of going to med school...shot down with my first big-girl (college) test with numbers)...

And I'll apologize if I'm loopy tonight, I'm half asleep but I am in shock about this

After reading the scientific article, it was used in the lab as a carrier for ink components. I don't think this can rule out a tattooist using it as a solvent for his inks, but I would think it would burn like crazy.

That's not how I understood that article - I understood it as an experiment in the dissolution of inks under UVB radiation and sunlight. Tattoo ink is known to fade (in tissue) in these conditions, so they were testing to see if when the ink fades, the byproducts were carcinogenic or otherwise dangerous. They were using chloroform along with other solvents as carriers *in solution* that would allow them to easily isolate the byproducts - not in flesh.

Short version - using chloroform as an ink carrier in a tattoo is not normal and I see no reason anyone would even think to do that.

Not to disparage tony at all.. but maybe he just didnt want to be a "daddy".. or he was always busy with school, etc.. and wasnt the most "kid friendly" person... and in casey's twisted mind .. instead of finding a new man, she pulled a "susan smith/diane downs" and decided to get rid of the innocent baby instead.

My thoughts exactly. That is why I was wondering why Caylee always had to be somewhere else when casey spent the night with Tony. She never stayed the night at Tony's so Casey had to go through all the trouble of taking her somewhere else (supposedly)

I can hear cindy now....

It's all a big misunderstanding.

Casey was doing a search on Chlorofluorocarbons & she mispelled it and ended up on a chloroform website.

Just because Casey is a bad speller doesn't mean she's a murderer

Just had to jump in here...chloroform is a common lab solvent. However, it evaporates very quickly. I used to find empty bottles from it carefully stored in flammable cabinets. "Old stock" is pretty unlikely.
(respectfully snipped from Peculiar Petunia above)
Agreed! Yes, this is what I was ref to in my last post abt this.... (my DH has always worked in med research area & when I asked him that's exactly what he said too....)

I can hear cindy now....

Casey was doing a search on Chlorofluorocarbons & she mispelled it and ended up on a chloroform website.

Right on the money!

I can hear cindy now....

:laugh: TOO funny... mustve been for that online course she was taking in chemistry LOL

Freon, also known as refrigerant R-134a, is a chemical refrigerant made by DuPont and typically used for air conditioning. It is been known to be used for huffing and is can be deadly if too much is inhaled. It has Difluorochloromethane in it which is made with the same stuff that is in Chlorform. Could some of this group have been huffing this stuff and thought it would be ‘fun’ to see little Caylee high and she ended up dying. A canister of this stuff could have been tossed in the trunk and leaked what levels would be detected. Also if then poor little Caylee was put in the trunk, hence decomp and DNA.
Just a thought

Chloroform present, along WITH a computer search is indicative of intent.

Orlando is a major metropolitan area. I'm confident LE knows what their local druggies, gang members and other "stellar" members of society do with chloroform if it's a regularly used substance.

If CA was using it as a "mommy's little helper", while she partied, they'll figure out that, too. I so hope we're coming to a point in this case with more answers than questions.
BINGO!!
The chloroform can be explained away with chlorine and urine mixing but with the added info about the puter searches, that is key evidence, and very damning as well.

I would definitely buy this and have thought of this before but then why would LE leak this info specifically about the chloroform, kwim?

I don't think we should assume that leaks in general are purposfully put out by LE. There are several possible sources, which would include the chance that someone overheard Cindy, George, or Lee discussing it. Maybe Casey mentioned it to someone in jail, an LE officer's teenager might have overheard mom or dad on the phone to a co-worker, or security staff from the bail bond staff may have heard it discussed. Could have even been an employee of the defense lawyer, who knows?

Susan

I think that Cindy is gonna say that the police set Casey up and planted all the evidence they use against her.... I would bet money on it and I am not a gambler.

I hope nobody comes up missing in any of our households after all these searches WE have now done on Chloroform!!

You know what else is disturbing?

If she put this much thought into how she was going to kill Caylee then she most likely thought out how she was going to dispose of the body.

Hopefully she left some trace of that as well ....,,,,,,,
I hope so too.
When I first read about the chloroform I remembered a movie called "The Cider House Rules" where Michael Cain's character dies of an accidental overdose of the stuff. He was using it in the movie as a sleep aid.

I can hear cindy now....

Well you can bet your sweet @ss that she already has some kind of BS excuse, as she does for everything else her precious Casey has done. I bet Cindy has been making up excuses for Casey's behavior all her life. :furious:

I think that Cindy is gonna say that the police set Casey up and planted all the evidence they use against her.... I would bet money on it and I am not a gambler.

I hope nobody comes up missing in any of our households after all these searches WE have now done on Chloroform!!

The comment yesterday about LE "railroading" KC, I believe it was, was the start of it. I can't wait to see the evidence. THis is going to be an even crazier ride than we thought, I think

I have seen people asking all kinds of scenarios as to how it got in there. She did NOT spill bleach in the trunk. I believe we all saw photos of the inside of the trunk. No lighter patches where bleach would have been spilled. And no matter the scenario, there is no way her computer search was a coincidence. I am physically ill at this point. Like I said yesterday: Give me immunity...immunity and ten minutes with her alone. We'll be planning that proper burial by tomorrow afternoon.

And I thought this whole time it was Zanax. Chloroform? I really used to think this was an accident. It would be so much easier for Casey to get her hands on Zanax than Chloroform.
But the fact that she researched it...she knew just how dangerous it was...
I cannot wait for this evil monster to get what she deserves.
Imagine if she weren't sitting in jail right now. I'm sure the Anthony house really WOULD be lynch mobbed tonight.

At six years old there was about a two month period where I feared the monster under my bed.
I'm thirty today. I understand that there are no monsters waiting under my bed to bite my toes. But that there are monsters far more sinister walking the earth pretending to be parents. Pretending to be human.

Casey is the monster I am losing sleep over these days.

She can come up with whatever excuse she wants but all of this evidence is PILING up - she didn't even CRY! She was CALM going into court each time! CALM when she was arrested!

I'm sorry I keep bringing it back to law but a jury is a jury of our "PEERS" - think of any time you had a pet die, how upset were you? Anytime someone you loved lost a job, crashed a car, got sick, etc. Think of if your baby was sick in the hospital. Would you calmly walk anywhere? NO! The average/reasonable person would be UPSET and CRYING even for minor matters...your baby is missing? dead? and you don't seem like you care?

If someone explains that to me with a reason besides "she killed the baby" or "someone killed the baby and she's a sociopath" I will gladly step back and accept it. But I cannot think of a reason. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy