Cindy mouths, "I love you" to Casey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is the same CA, it will always be the same CA, she loves her daughter, no matter how much we want her not to (and even tho we know we couldn't turn on our kids), it is that ICA is SO repulsive we want CA to turn on her, the public just demands this of CA and she can't do it.

After all of this is said and done and ICA put away for however many years (or life or DP) she will be in court for YEARS and YEARS to come, and CA & GA will be there for her sitting in the back, hoping for her to acknowledge them someday. But when they are not in court CA and GA (whether together or divorced, and I sure hope GA leaves to find some peace somehow in his remaining years) will become very wealthy writing books or signing off on movies about this case, TL, AH, JG and RM have moved on with their lives, they will go on to have children, get married, travel and live FULL lives, LA and Mallory will have more Grandbabies for CA & GA to spoil while ICA rots in jail. That is justice right there. Her looks and her charm fading every year as she sees only 1 hour of daylight a day. And even in her fantasy jail world of flirting with guards, and risky letter sneaking, and snack eating, its prison, its horrible, but because she is so crazy, its not so bad for her, for us it would be intolerable, because we are sane. Which is why we are on our computers, watching TV, planning vacations, sitting out side on beautiful days, having wine with our mates, and raising the children we love more than life itself (fur babies included).

So, really in the end, we, the pubic, we do win, she is going to jail, we just don't know how long and CA & GA will be there for her in some capacity while they spoil Lee's children and that right there is going to burn ICA's as.s til she dies, someone else taking her spotlight, because once Lee starts having children, those letters from CA will become fewer and fewer and CA & GA sitting in courthouses on beautiful sunny days when there is a Grand-child to love will also become fewer and fewer. That is the ultimate punishment for ICA being ignored by her parents and that is what eventually will happen as life goes on for US on the outside. What she does on the inside...that is her problem. Today, I am taking my children to the beach, and I am sure all of you are doing other wonderful things that ICA will NEVER do again (or will when she is an old, ugly broken woman).

I have a much different vision of Cindy and Casey's future....

Casey will get out of jail by her mid thirties, and deliberately get pregnant ASAP. Soon, we will see her in news clips, smiling and strolling up to Cindy's house, holding her toddler's hand. A smiling Cindy will rush out to meet them and sweep the toddler into her loving arms, then Cindy and Casey will vanish into the house.

Terrifying, but very likely.

This morning, I heard one of the trial analysts say that Cindy knows what happened to Casey to make her have done such a thing to Caylee, either she knows about emotional abuse or sexual abuse in the family, and she must not be telling. Further, since she isn't telling, she's either a.) the abuser or b.) as culpable as the abuser.

Why is it that everyone always blames everything that could possibly go wrong with a child on the mother? After watching Casey for three years, I've come to the conclusion that there is something wrong anatomically with her brain. They've done a study recently where scientists have found an abnormality in the brain of pathological liars, it's something that causes their thinking to rev, to overule reasoning and to lie faster than they can stop themselves. And likewise, I think she has some kind of disorder that causes her apparent sociopathic behaviors. And yes i realize that Casey is consciously lying now to save her own bottom and that may not jive with the scientist's theories. But really! Couldn't it be true that there's something wrong with the girl's brain? How do we know CA is to blame, or knows, or is holding out or otherwise responsible for how messed up Casey apparently is?

Case in point: my fifteen year old son just got out of the hospital for suicidal depression. My son has also been treated like a princess his whole life. He has financial advantages that most kids dream of, he wears all the popular brand labels, he has a built in professor at home to help him get the straight A's he's always scored, he's got a mother who gets up early every day to make him a hot breakfast like they did in the old days, a mother who bakes fresh bread for him, a mother who took him to karate, ice hockey, swimming and endless pokemon tournaments. He's gone to good public schools his whole life, lives in a nice home, has a loving adoring brother. He has microscopes, telescopes, fishtanks, top of the line computers! Went camping in the Sierras at one of those camps for spoiled brat movie star kids. He picks his own friends and within reason and with consideration for his safety, makes all his own social and educational decisions. Do we fight here once in a while? Yes. Are we perfect parents? No. But he's never been abused, neglected or scapegoated.

So I go into the shrink's office after my son has been released from a five week stay and that doctor has the nerve to say to me, "Something must have hurt your son or caused your son such trauma to have caused this, and he's not saying what it was, so you must know. So what was it?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I can't help but feel like I'm being accused of something and I told that GD doctor so too! I read off the list and said, "You're the shrink, you tell me what caused his depression. I have no idea!"

This is just like how my youngest son's doctor blamed his late talking on me because I had the soaps on in the afternoon, when in reality, he had autism! Autism that went undiagnosed for a year, because of their assuming MOM was the cause of it all.

Ok, I know, I can see like everyone else sees, that clearly this family is dysfunctional, but I can't help but feel that everyone's pointing the finger at GA and CA for the way Casey ended up here, and I'm not going to do that because I don't know it for sure.

I've said this before here: I've known good parents that raised rotten kids, and I've known terrible, unfit parents who've raised remarkable kids. I think we should just consider, just maybe, that the reason why Casey is the way she is because she's sick in a number of ways. I didn't like it when the doctor pointed the finger at me, and I don't think it's fair for the analysts to blame Cindy.

The woman loves her daughter, and doesn't want her to go to the chair. Maybe even forgives her. Maybe can't help but love her. Believe me, if you're a mother, and you fear for your child's life, or someone tells you your child might die, believe me, you just don't ever want to be in that position no matter what! My heart goes out to her.

This morning, I heard one of the trial analysts say that Cindy knows what happened to Casey to make her have done such a thing to Caylee, either she knows about emotional abuse or sexual abuse in the family, and she must not be telling. Further, since she isn't telling, she's either a.) the abuser or b.) as culpable as the abuser.

Why is it that everyone always blames everything that could possibly go wrong with a child on the mother? After watching Casey for three years, I've come to the conclusion that there is something wrong anatomically with her brain. They've done a study recently where scientists have found an abnormality in the brain of pathological liars, it's something that causes their thinking to rev, to overule reasoning and to lie faster than they can stop themselves. And likewise, I think she has some kind of disorder that causes her apparent sociopathic behaviors. And yes i realize that Casey is consciously lying now to save her own bottom and that may not jive with the scientist's theories. But really! Couldn't it be true that there's something wrong with the girl's brain? How do we know CA is to blame, or knows, or is holding out or otherwise responsible for how messed up Casey apparently is?

Case in point: my fifteen year old son just got out of the hospital for suicidal depression. My son has also been treated like a princess his whole life. He has financial advantages that most kids dream of, he wears all the popular brand labels, he has a built in professor at home to help him get the straight A's he's always scored, he's got a mother who gets up early every day to make him a hot breakfast like they did in the old days, a mother who bakes fresh bread for him, a mother who took him to karate, ice hockey, swimming and endless pokemon tournaments. He's gone to good public schools his whole life, lives in a nice home, has a loving adoring brother. He has microscopes, telescopes, fishtanks, top of the line computers! Went camping in the Sierras at one of those camps for spoiled brat movie star kids. He picks his own friends and within reason and with consideration for his safety, makes all his own social and educational decisions. Do we fight here once in a while? Yes. Are we perfect parents? No. But he's never been abused, neglected or scapegoated.

So I go into the shrink's office after my son has been released from a five week stay and that doctor has the nerve to say to me, "Something must have hurt your son or caused your son such trauma to have caused this, and he's not saying what it was, so you must know. So what was it?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I can't help but feel like I'm being accused of something and I told that GD doctor so too! I read off the list and said, "You're the shrink, you tell me what caused his depression. I have no idea!"

This is just like how my youngest son's doctor blamed his late talking on me because I had the soaps on in the afternoon, when in reality, he had autism! Autism that went undiagnosed for a year, because of their assuming MOM was the cause of it all.

Ok, I know, I can see like everyone else sees, that clearly this family is dysfunctional, but I can't help but feel that everyone's pointing the finger at GA and CA for the way Casey ended up here, and I'm not going to do that because I don't know it for sure.

I've said this before here: I've known good parents that raised rotten kids, and I've known terrible, unfit parents who've raised remarkable kids. I think we should just consider, just maybe, that the reason why Casey is the way she is because she's sick in a number of ways. I didn't like it when the doctor pointed the finger at me, and I don't think it's fair for the analysts to blame Cindy.

The woman loves her daughter, and doesn't want her to go to the chair. Maybe even forgives her. Maybe can't help but love her. Believe me, if you're a mother, and you fear for your child's life, or someone tells you your child might die, believe me, you just don't ever want to be in that position no matter what! My heart goes out to her.

Mary,

In all seriousness, maybe he should get into sports - I am serious - something that exhausts him so much, he does not have time to THINK. Just a thought, because I know it works.

Mary,

In all seriousness, maybe he should get into sports - I am serious - something that exhausts him so much, he does not have time to THINK. Just a thought, because I know it works.

He's in cross-country at school, and now, I'm driving him twice a week, thirty miles, one-way for tennis lessons. I know you're right. It's so important. I exercise every day. We're all health conscious here.

But I said to him the other day, "Don't you feel a little embarrassed sitting with kids in group therapy who cut themselves, who are meth addicts, who's parent's are meth addicts, who are on the street or homeless, who are poor, who grew up without enough to eat, who are abused, who are molested or raped, and when they get to you, all you can say is, "I got in a fight with my dad cause he said I couldn't download software from the Internet without paying for it first?" I mean sometimes, I even think he's holding me emotional hostage! That's what Casey did to Cindy with Caylee!

He's in cross-country at school, and now, I'm driving him twice a week, thirty miles, one-way for tennis lessons. I know you're right. It's so important. I exercise every day. We're all health conscious here.

But I said to him the other day, "Don't you feel a little embarrassed sitting with kids in group therapy who cut themselves, who are meth addicts, who's parent's are meth addicts, who are on the street or homeless, who are poor, who grew up without enough to eat, who are abused, who are molested or raped, and when they get to you, all you can say is, "I got in a fight with my dad cause he said I couldn't download software from the Internet without paying for it first?" I mean sometimes, I even think he's holding me emotional hostage! That's what Casey did to Cindy with Caylee!

I have a personal theory that children were much better off when they were a necessary part of their family's labor force--i.e. helping with the chores on the farm, or ranch, or dry goods store in town. They had a valuable role to fulfill, one that came with responsibilities and a lot of work, but which automatically gave them a sense of self worth and of being necessary and important. Or maybe they were just kept too busy to feel sorry for themselves or go looking for trouble.

Will cut this short--I've gone off topic.

maryaok....((((((((((HUG))))))))))

This is driving me insane... and IMO its one of the things that we nit pick so much because of the 3 years of insanity that we've had to endure. But truly, I think its being read too much into.

Of course Cindy loves her daughter! Is that surprising to anyone? Yes, her daughter did something horrible... I think CA has come to that conclusion. But that don't mean she don't love her. You don't stop loving your child no matter what... Just because she tells ICA that she loves her means nothing to the case. It shouldn't make anyone "sick"... Its natural to love your child UNCONDITIONALLY.

I just don't get what the big deal is.

MOO

I think people's reactions are also due to ICA not seeing her mom for so long, and refusing her mother's visit before this trial started. There are a whole slew of factors responsible for the current relationship between CA and ICA. It's not that CA doesn't love her daughter, or that ICA doesn't love her mom (though that may be true!) It's that the terms and dynamics of the mom-daughter relationship have changed a great deal. No matter how strained it was before, it is all different now.

GA and CA with a missing gdaughter cleaned out ICA's car that both knew smelled like human decomposition because there is something beyond a dead gdaughter that they want to keep covered up.

When there is dysfunction in a family they become a team: to supress the truth from ever, ever being revealed. It becomes reflexive.

It appears that GA, CA, ICA, and LA teamed themselves right into defending a murder charge and a vibrant 2 year-old into an animal-gnawed skeleton.

Please note the something is still unknown and will remain so.

Mary, I'm so sorry your dealing with this... but for what you've stated your situation and the Anthony's are very different. Instead of trying to get help for Casey's issues the Anthony's, Cindy in particular, denied them and/or excused them away. Add that to all the lying we know that Cindy did and to some extent George did AFTER they 911 call to backpeddle on the "dead body" smell comment along with all the other insane behavior they have exhibited (a lot of it on tv) and it just screams that abuse/mental illness is the common denominator in the family. My bet is on Cindy as the source because she tends to lie and deny more than George. The woman didn't even notice her daughter was 7 months pregnant..I mean REALLY? George is an enabler because he just lets Cindy have her way instead of putting his foot down. Personally I think he's scared of her.

This doesn't surprise me - I went and read Cindy's depo last night and it is very clear she fudged on some things and then flat out lied on one or two others. Very sad.

The main lie that sticks out was that Cindy was sleeping with Caylee's "Teddy" and she had told Casey this, Casey being the spiteful little B* that she is went and raided the house and took it from Cindy. Teddy turned back up at the house 15 July, it probably came back with her stuff from Lee. Linda knew this story very well, hopefully she will be able to slip it into rebuttal some how or when Cindy gets back on the stand.

BBM: ITA.....I am anticipating some interesting info coming out during cross off the defense witnesses in general!!!

I saw the video after work on JVM. I clearly saw CA mouth, I love you. I do not have any problem with it. To, me.. ICA's non reaction was typical and sad. I can only hope, that after ICA is on death row, that Lee, his wife, (wife to be), and GA and CA, can start a new life, and let ICA have a "beautiful life" in prison.

KC looked almost surprised and couldn't fake an emotional reaction because she didn't anticipate it IMO. She still reminds me of Joran Vandersloot, only not as practiced or as smart.

The kind of parenting that produces the most at risk behaviors isn't abusive, it's permissive. The A's haven't abused her (imo), they have let her lie and cheat and manipulate, create a fantasty world, they have treaured the imaginary KC, so much so that the real KC wasn't good enough. At the same time, they bought her lies so much that she didn't know how to have integrity, or what it was. Why would you go to work if you've been taught to hustle with your words instead of actions? When you are motivated by sex and feeling good in a moment. When no one teaches you how to work hard for something.

It is my firm belief that it was permissive parenting that caused this, not abuse. Call it abuse if you want, but it's not in the fashion that some might think.

MOO

Is there really anything greater than the love a mother has for a child? Even when that child disappoints you so greatly, as this one surely has disappointed her mom?

As a mother, I really don't find this surprising. We may hate the choices our children make; we may abhor their actions, but still, we love them.

I can't speak for Cindy and I can't pass judgement on her or even speculate on her feelings and thoughts. I feel tremendous sympathy for her and all I will say is that I have felt so much sorrow and compassion for her during her testimony, because she has been so genuine and hurting. I KNOW she loved Caylee with all of her heart.

I'm a mom of two daughters so I do know a mother's love. My kids are not much older than Caylee so I feel very bonded to the love that Cindy surely had (and KC should have had, that a normal maternal person would have) for Caylee. All I can say is I would walk through fire and barefoot over nails and give my life to protect my girls. If One of my girls ever grew up to what KC did to Caylee (assuming she did it), I think I would be able to compartmentalize, because I would keep all of the love I had for my daughter, but never be able to get over the loss or horror of knowing she killed her own daughter/my grandchild...so I guess I'd still love my daughter but it would DEFINITELY be different for me and most likely I would be grieving the loss of both a daughter and granddaughter because only God could get me to forgive someone who could harm an innocent child (and by my definition all children are innocent!) I really feel that if my daughter grew up to kill her own child....I possibly might have to put some love away as bad as that sounds! I don't think ANY mother can ever imagine that her daughter could be a killer......so not being in Cindy's shoes, I can't judge, and all I can do is pray for her ...

The kind of parenting that produces the most at risk behaviors isn't abusive, it's permissive.

(quote shortened to the line I wanted to comment on)..I agree. This is clearly a very disfunctional family. I can't explain what makes a sociopath, I believe KC was probably born that way BUT her environment certainly made it, well, enabled it. Bad all around....but you can't blame George and Cindy for KC killing Caylee, no way....that is ALL on KC 100%, if she did it, and to me, I believe she did. This is my opinion. I can't read George...I don't trust OR blame him, I just don't know....to me he seems LIKE KC, sort of unfeeling. To me, Cindy seems to be the one with the feelings and the heart in that family, just in major denial and trying to keep the family glued together, and probably living in denial as a coping mechanism. I truly believe Caylee was her sunshine. Cindy has my heart, I don't trust George and Lee because they seem so unfeeling...but I feel an affinity for Cindy even though some things were crazy...being so in denial about KC being pregnant etc....I still feel sorry for Cindy because I am sure Caylee was her sunshine and at the end of the day, forget KC, Caylee is gone....I feel so sad for Cindy most of all- well, Caylee first and foremost.....obviously..but I feel for Cindy, too. The others, not so much....and for KC, none.

The kind of parenting that produces the most at risk behaviors isn't abusive, it's permissive. The A's haven't abused her (imo), they have let her lie and cheat and manipulate, create a fantasty world, they have treaured the imaginary KC, so much so that the real KC wasn't good enough. At the same time, they bought her lies so much that she didn't know how to have integrity, or what it was. Why would you go to work if you've been taught to hustle with your words instead of actions? When you are motivated by sex and feeling good in a moment. When no one teaches you how to work hard for something.

It is my firm belief that it was permissive parenting that caused this, not abuse. Call it abuse if you want, but it's not in the fashion that some might think.

MOO

I so agree!! And imo it is abuse- one of the worse kinds. Our job as parents is to raise our children to become self-sufficient, independent functional members of society. It is our job to teach them right from wrong and children learn what is right and what is wrong by being held accountable for their actions. From a very young age children need to be taught- not simply told- that stealing and lying and taking advantage of others is wrong. When a parent doesn't teach their child these things, sends mixed signals (sometimes they punish them for the behaviors but other times not. or allows them to treat certain people badly but not others.. as in, you can steal from THEM but you better not steal from me!) or engages in the very behaviors they are telling their child not to, the child is getting the wrong message and grows up with a warped sense of right and wrong. You are taking something very important from your child (and future member of society), something every human has a right to learn! Who is going to teach them if their own parents don't/won't? You are destroying your childs character before they ever have a change to "grow" one.

I was raised this way. I was never held accountable for my actions.. my mother did everything for me, took care of my every need, never taught me how to care for myself (I never made my own bed, swept a floor, washed my own clothing, cooked my own food.. paid for my own gas money, car insurance, cigarettes..). In her head this was love, this was how a mother loves their child, by "taking care" of them, (and I see SO many people talking about this here about how Casey was sooo lucky to have all her needs met,a free place to live, provided her with a car and being willing to take care of Caylee any time she wanted) but that kind of love teaches children nothing.. well, nothing good anyway. It teaches them to expect it, teaches them that they are entitled to all these things and nothing could be farther from the truth!

We, as parents, need to prepare our children for the world, give them the tools they need to care for themselves in a healthy manner. I get so angry when I hear people saying "oh, man, this generation of kids have no respect.. they all act so entitled. blah blah blah" IMO- Perhaps it's time we look at the people "raising" "this generation" of kids.

MOO

I so agree!
Every parent has to be willing to administer some tough love at times and be unpopular when laying down the law. It is neglect to always give in and take the path of least resistance to avoid conflict with your child if it is an issue of right or wrong. This is where CA lost ICA's respect, by not being firm enough, and by always trying to be her BFF or the forgiving, lenient parent.
She didn't get ICA's affection for her actions, she gained her contempt.

MOO

RoseTree your post is excellent! IMHO exactly spot on.

ICA was not ever abused in any way. ITA! That being said I saw Cindy's ILY to ICA as just that. ILY but I am going to get up there and be truthful. She did the very best that she could. It must have been one of the hardest things to face and go through. I cannot even begin to imagine the horrendous nature of the situation that Cindy and George are in. Yet Cindy did get up there on the stand and manage to pull the SA prosecution of their daughter all together in the end with a neat little bow on it. Laslty I truly believe that this last lawyer M. Lippman has done a world of good for them.

If it were my child I would still love them, but hate what they have done. My heart goes out to them both. IMHO they all want the truth despite the pain that it will cause them. I think that being there through out trial has been an eye opener for them. Slowly pulling them back out of denial and into the stark reality of who their daughter really is. Realizing that they do not know her as they had thought. George being former LE has got to have realized also that he and his wife may have actually also been on her hit list. If we all recognize it, I am certain it has not gotten by him. How horrible!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321
Back