Cindy Over the Edge? Where are the A's?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Bolded by me)
I've been reading this thread since yesterday and haven't jumped in with an opinion because, to tell the truth, I'm conflicted about the thread topic............."Has Cindy Gone Over the Edge? Where are the A's?"

I think Cindy may have begun the journey to going over the edge long before Caylee went missing. From all that's been stated by Casey's friends, neighbors, and extended family members, life with Casey has been an ongoing crisis for many years. Although we haven't heard too much about Casey's early or teenage years, I have no doubt those years were filled with one crisis after another. Lies, theft, and promiscuity seem to be a way of life for Casey, and not something that's just happened in the past year or two.

I think what we've seen in the past 6 months is the culmination of years of crisis. I also think that Cindy, as the dominent parent in the household, played a major role in each and every crisis, and failed when it came to dealing with them effectively. It was always a matter of smoothing things over until the next crisis, nevering dealing with the issue head on. Casey was never made to take responsibility for her actions.

I have great sympathy for anyone who loses a loved one, and especially when that loved one is a child. For that reason I sympathize with the Anthony's loss.

But, I'm conflicted. Even though I sympathize for their loss, I can't forget the behavior exhibited by Cindy, George and Lee for the last six months. I can't excuse it, saying that none of us know how we would act if we were in their shoes.

I know, without a doubt, that I would not behave in the manner that Cindy has behaved. I wouldn't be insulting strangers telling them to get off their a$$ and look for my grandchild. I would not be alienating law enforcement or the media.........I would be grateful for their help. I would not be confrontational, wielding a hammer or baseball bat in a threatening manner, nor turn the hose on people gathered in front of my house, nor kick over cameras belonging to media. I wouldn't have done anything that would cause angry protesters to gather in front of my home. The media wouldn't be camped in front of my home waiting for my next angry outburst. I would not be going on television programs and telling lies or casting doubt on law enforcement or those searching for my grandchild. I wouldn't be seeking donations with an eye to profit. I would not align myself with a shady organization like Kid Finders. I would not even consider selling my story to media, and I would not be giving tours of my home to media. I wouldn't be alienating my immediate or extended family, and would instead be relying on them for help.

Back to the question of this thread............has Cindy gone over the edge. None of us know for sure what's going on with George and Cindy. I'm sure they're grieving the loss of Caylee, and the last time we saw Cindy in an interview (LKL) she did appear to be on medication. I'm sure the last six months is catching up with her.

I seriously doubt that a new attorney has made George and Cindy suddenly realize they should stay away from the media. I think it's more likely they've been informed of their own cupability, hence the request for immunity. I would hope that the Anthonys have sought out the help of counselors to deal with everything that's happened and to deal with their grief. In the long run, whether or not they realize it, they're going to need the help of others for years to come.

Very well put and I share in your feeling of confliction when it comes to the A's. It's an ongoing interchangable rollercoaster & tidel wave of emotions, one moment, :boohoo: next, :furious: to :confused:, on to :rolleyes:, until you've gone :crazy:

I don't think so. Here is why. Why did she tell Jesse that he was the father and it was not until the paternity test that he learned he was not? No. She was lying long before then. I believe a lot of this started in her teen years in school and also explains why she didn't graduate.

That is true. Very true. She evidently was in a downhill slide after that!
Thanks for clearing that up. Probably why it was in the back of my mind. Guess it should have stayed there.:waitasec:

Whatevery happened to the announcement by the A's atty, that in exchange for Immunity, the Anthonys will help prosecute their daughter & want justice for their grandaughter?

Is this correct?

I've been reading this thread since yesterday and haven't jumped in with an opinion because, to tell the truth, I'm conflicted about the thread topic............."Has Cindy Gone Over the Edge? Where are the A's?"

I think Cindy may have begun the journey to going over the edge long before Caylee went missing. From all that's been stated by Casey's friends, neighbors, and extended family members, life with Casey has been an ongoing crisis for many years. Although we haven't heard too much about Casey's early or teenage years, I have no doubt those years were filled with one crisis after another. Lies, theft, and promiscuity seem to be a way of life for Casey, and not something that's just happened in the past year or two.

I think what we've seen in the past 6 months is the culmination of years of crisis. I also think that Cindy, as the dominent parent in the household, played a major role in each and every crisis, and failed when it came to dealing with them effectively. It was always a matter of smoothing things over until the next crisis, nevering dealing with the issue head on. Casey was never made to take responsibility for her actions.

I have great sympathy for anyone who loses a loved one, and especially when that loved one is a child. For that reason I sympathize with the Anthony's loss.

But, I'm conflicted. Even though I sympathize for their loss, I can't forget the behavior exhibited by Cindy, George and Lee for the last six months. I can't excuse it, saying that none of us know how we would act if we were in their shoes.

I know, without a doubt, that I would not behave in the manner that Cindy has behaved. I wouldn't be insulting strangers telling them to get off their a$$ and look for my grandchild. I would not be alienating law enforcement or the media.........I would be grateful for their help. I would not be confrontational, wielding a hammer or baseball bat in a threatening manner, nor turn the hose on people gathered in front of my house, nor kick over cameras belonging to media. I wouldn't have done anything that would cause angry protesters to gather in front of my home. The media wouldn't be camped in front of my home waiting for my next angry outburst. I would not be going on television programs and telling lies or casting doubt on law enforcement or those searching for my grandchild. I wouldn't be seeking donations with an eye to profit. I would not align myself with a shady organization like Kid Finders. I would not even consider selling my story to media, and I would not be giving tours of my home to media. I wouldn't be alienating my immediate or extended family, and would instead be relying on them for help.

Back to the question of this thread............has Cindy gone over the edge. None of us know for sure what's going on with George and Cindy. I'm sure they're grieving the loss of Caylee, and the last time we saw Cindy in an interview (LKL) she did appear to be on medication. I'm sure the last six months is catching up with her.

I seriously doubt that a new attorney has made George and Cindy suddenly realize they should stay away from the media. I think it's more likely they've been informed of their own cupability, hence the request for immunity. I would hope that the Anthonys have sought out the help of counselors to deal with everything that's happened and to deal with their grief. In the long run, whether or not they realize it, they're going to need the help of others for years to come.[/QUOT

I agree totally with your post. But for me, I would much rather have the A's keep quite and stay out of the media. The more interviews they did with the media, the angrier I ( and I am sure others) got with them. Some of what they did say was ridiculous.:eek:

Whatever happened to the announcement by the A's atty, that in exchange for Immunity, the Anthonys will help prosecute their daughter & want justice for their grandaughter?

Is this correct?

I seriously doubt that a new attorney has made George and Cindy suddenly realize they should stay away from the media. I think it's more likely they've been informed of their own cupability, hence the request for immunity. I would hope that the Anthonys have sought out the help of counselors to deal with everything that's happened and to deal with their grief. In the long run, whether or not they realize it, they're going to need the help of others for years to come.

I honestly like the idea of the A's staying out of the public. When they did the media interviews, I was infuriated more and more with each on eof their interviews. My stomach hasnt been better since they have been hidden away!!:)

Whatever happened to the announcement by the A's atty, that in exchange for Immunity, the Anthonys will help prosecute their daughter & want justice for their grandaughter?

Is this correct?:waitasec:

Is there a link? I never heard that she was offered a safe house.

I saw an interview with Padilla before he bonded her out, saying they were going to get her into a safe house and get her talk. (away from family and attorneys maybe?) That's where the 1 week thing came from. I don't know how it came about that the safe house idea was scrapped. Baez I'd guess...

I think that's a cop out. Casey can make up her own mind. If she wanted a deal she would have taken it. Any defense lawyer is going to do anything they can to get their client off, that's what they are hired to do.

In my opinion, from what I have read about KC, I am not sure she has the emotional maturity to make a decision like that. I am almost convinced that Baez is not telling her all the information and giving her good choices. I would feel much better if she has another attorney with DP experience working with her too.

I honestly like the idea of the A's staying out of the public. When they did the media interviews, I was infuriated more and more with each on eof their interviews. My stomach hasnt been better since they have been hidden away!!:)

I think that's a cop out. Casey can make up her own mind. If she wanted a deal she would have taken it. Any defense lawyer is going to do anything they can to get their client off, that's what they are hired to do.

In my opinion, from what I have read about KC, I am not sure she has the emotional maturity to make a decision like that. I am almost convinced that Baez is not telling her all the information and giving her good choices. I would feel much better if she has another attorney with DP experience working with her too.

IMO KC has had to give JB legal responsibility for the remains while the defense team and experts carry out their own examinations/tests etc. I expect when that is all completed then custody will probably be transferred to the A's so that they can go ahead with the funeral.

No, he did not have to have legal custody. The grandparents were just as capable of giving them permission for the autopsy. This is the just the FIRST move in blaming one or both of them for Caylee's death.

IMO KC has had to give JB legal responsibility for the remains while the defense team and experts carry out their own examinations/tests etc. I expect when that is all completed then custody will probably be transferred to the A's so that they can go ahead with the funeral.

Don't think there is a chance of the A's getting Caylee's remains. I feel JB is going to attempt to use Caylee's funeral as a means to gather sympathy for KC (if he wants to know where sympathy lies in the dictionary, I can tell him).

I like Turbothinks scenario. KC is setting the A's up. Bring up confusion to the jury. Say GA/CA/LA all had keys and access to her vehicle. Remember KC told AH that GA had hit the squirrel while driving her car.

As to CA being on the brink of a breakdown, loosing it or whatever. I already said my :twocents: earlier but wanted to add this:

No one in the A's clan would stand in front of a bullet coming towards them and Caylee. They would each jump out of the way to save themselves; then continuously scream at each other that no one saved Caylee.

I too see no relevance in this. They were not allowed back into there house, where else should they have gone? Who cares if they ate? I know I wouldnt be able to eat, but that doesn't mean everyone is the same. Some eat for comfort. Maybe they were drowning their pain. Who knows, it doesn't really matter.

For sure. It's not like they could walk into Applebee's. Fact is...doubtful they can comfortably do that now, or grocery shop, or go to church, or the drug store, etc.

I had a real nice response to Leila's post, put it went poof! BTW...great post!

With all the people that have come out of the shadows to offer their services to this family, wouldn't it be nice if a mental health specialist slipped their card under the door? Don't know if that's even ethical, but in my perfect world I wish that someone would step forward and offer them help and support.

The Orlando Ritz has 9 restaurants/cafes. Norman's is the most $$$$. I'm sure a salad or sandwhich from Room Service would not have cost as much as anything at Normans. So saving $$$$ isn't the reason they ate there.

Frankly, if they were truely shocked by the news, I would think they would have cherished the privacy of a room service meal. If they weren't shocked, they may have agreed to a "working" dinner in the restaurant with their attorney, PIs etc. Do we know who else was there with them ?

Far too much is being analyzed by a dinner at the Ritz. Again, we have no idea whatsoever if that was advised for them to stay due to security purposes and/or if their dinner consisted of a meeting with their minister, council or whatever....and quite honestly...who gives a flyin' hoot if the dinner was just the two of them and who cares what it cost or what they ate? We should care about what it is going to cost the citizens of Florida to house, feed and care for their daughter who put many LE on spins and the exhorbitant costs involved in investigating that had she opened up and told the truth she just may have had a chance for parole someday. Thus...I think the meals she has is what Florida should be concerned about..not her parents. Course then again, it was Florida that decided that a brain damaged woman (not brain dead) wasn't worthy of having meals and starved her to death. :rolleyes:

I agree, 100%

I guess you interpret it differently than I do in this paragraph.
First, they were cooperating with LE and also were cooperating with the FBI and had even bonded and maintained some of those from the FBI. (remember the advice to Casey to talk to Scott from the FBI?)

You can't say the media would not be camped in front of your house. You would have no control of that. It's a new thing that people do. Ask Drew Peterson. Ask the Anthony's themselves. They didn't invite them and did all in their power...including legally to have them thrown out.

Saying they obtained donations for profit is unfounded and unjustified. No charges have been made, or pending, on any fraudulant activities with the fundraising money.

Unless you have experience in the media, you don't know what you would do. You don't know if your legal representation advises you to interact with the media. you cannot say you know what you would do as you have not walked in their shoes and have not been receiving the same council and advise as they have.

And you cannot predict if you would alienate your extended family or immediate family for that matter. You don't know what they could say or do that could cause you alienate them.

Who you are today and what you feel today...same with me....just may not be the people we would be tomorrow should something like this happen to us. Just pray to God it never happens that we are under the media eye or camera's....and certainly that no tragedy befall our families as it has this one.

Don't think there is a chance of the A's getting Caylee's remains. I feel JB is going to attempt to use Caylee's funeral as a means to gather sympathy for KC (if he wants to know where sympathy lies in the dictionary, I can tell him).

I like Turbothinks scenario. KC is setting the A's up. Bring up confusion to the jury. Say GA/CA/LA all had keys and access to her vehicle. Remember KC told AH that GA had hit the squirrel while driving her car.

As to CA being on the brink of a breakdown, loosing it or whatever. I already said my :twocents: earlier but wanted to add this:

No one in the A's clan would stand in front of a bullet coming towards them and Caylee. They would each jump out of the way to save themselves; then continuously scream at each other that no one saved Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member