Cindy's Deposition #3 *UPDATED* MOTION FILED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone else noticed the look in Cindy's eyes??? That really strikes me as I watch her depo. She looks like she has mental issues, and I don't mean that as a smear against her, they just look very cold, unfeeling and angry.

Yes, I have noticed Cindy's eyes and totally agree with you.

Maybe CA needs to go and take her rage and anger out on the one that caused all this. She needs to stop picking on the world. None of us killed her precious grandchild. We all are the ones that are trying to get justice for this precious baby. CA and her family seem to have forgotten this child. The only thing they care about is KC and covering her worthless butt. I cannot excuse their behavior. She came into her depostion just as GA did going to put the blame everywhere but on the one it should be on. So they are upset, they could have put a stop to it the night of the 15th of July if they had wanted. They chose to go back to work and ignore it one more time. Karma is a biotch, and theirs has slapped them hard. Personally I think they have not even been slapped as hard as they are going to be. You play your life by lies, deceit and blaming everyone else it always comes back to your door. OOO well they made their choices just like everyone else does now they live with them. I could care less what happens to any of them. Just sad it is Caylee in a vial around her neck listening to all this crap. Make room for another vial CA. :)

How could they have put a stop to it on July 15th? It was CA's desperate calls to 911 that ultimately alerted the world to the fact that Caylee wasn't where she should have been, and which subsequently led to the whole public exposure nightmare that so many people are now caught up in. Are you suggesting that she could have chosen not to have made that call?

Maybe CA needs to go and take her rage and anger out on the one that caused all this. She needs to stop picking on the world. None of us killed her precious grandchild. We all are the ones that are trying to get justice for this precious baby. CA and her family seem to have forgotten this child. The only thing they care about is KC and covering her worthless butt. I cannot excuse their behavior. She came into her depostion just as GA did going to put the blame everywhere but on the one it should be on. So they are upset, they could have put a stop to it the night of the 15th of July if they had wanted. They chose to go back to work and ignore it one more time. Karma is a biotch, and theirs has slapped them hard. Personally I think they have not even been slapped as hard as they are going to be. You play your life by lies, deceit and blaming everyone else it always comes back to your door. OOO well they made their choices just like everyone else does now they live with them. I could care less what happens to any of them. Just sad it is Caylee in a vial around her neck listening to all this crap. Make room for another vial CA. :)

You are so right. If CA had known Caylee was dead on July 15th and that there was a possibility that KC had done it there would have been no 911 call. JM has a job to do and winning a popularity contest is not one of them. If he was out of line you would have heard more from BC and BC pretty much kept his mouth shut even when he should have advised his client that she needed to stick to JUST yes or no. CA is about control. CA verbally attacking the plaintiff was probably what set JM off. But as he said to her, this is the way you like it and she agreed. In other words, bring it on JM I am spoiling for a fight. CA makes her own bed. IMO

You are so right. If CA had known Caylee was dead on July 15th and that there was a possibility that KC had done it there would have been no 911 call. JM has a job to do and winning a popularity contest is not one of them. If he was out of line you would have heard more from BC and BC pretty much kept his mouth shut even when he should have advised his client that she needed to stick to JUST yes or no. CA is about control. CA verbally attacking the plaintiff was probably what set JM off. But as he said to her, this is the way you like it and she agreed. In other words, bring it on JM I am spoiling for a fight. CA makes her own bed. IMO

:clap: Truer words were never spoken IMHO..

How could they have put a stop to it on July 15th? It was CA's desperate calls to 911 that ultimately alerted the world to the fact that Caylee wasn't where she should have been, and which subsequently led to the whole public exposure nightmare that so many people are now caught up in. Are you suggesting that she could have chosen not to have made that call?

Maybe since KC was home, by them not going back to work telling everyone the car smelled like a dead body, by not letting her get by with her BS Nanny story, telling her they know what that smell is and she will be going to jail for murder. That they would personally see to it. Then calling LE for murder, not a report on a Nanny stole the child. Instead we all play the Nanny game. You enable like they do her what do you expect. They lost their chance to talk with her that night. She might have opened up with them all there espically Lee. That chance was lost the first time she was arrested. They would all rot in hell before she ever tells them truth. I never said ever not to call LE. I am saying they played the game with her one more time and they lost. ENABLE Now the whole family is destroyed. They have no respect left, no dignity and not a clue what is going to happen to them. I have not met any 22 year old woman/child worth that.

"I thought CA was very co-operative for the bulk of this depo." (respectfully snipped from Devon)

After ascertaining that she is Cindy Anthony, mother of Casey, and grandmother of Caylee, the Morgan&Morgan attornedy states that he is going to ask some questions about the time surrounding Caylee's disappearance. BEFORE he can ask one question, Cindy asks "what's the relevance?"

She signaled from the beginning that she was going to be difficult and went on to be insolent and rude to her questioners.

I'm sure her attorney had prepared her for the deposition, which is a fact-finding mission. Relevance is one thing that doesn't have to be proved. Cindy went on and on about "relevance" and attacked the Morgan&Morgan attorneys over and over.

They were very patient with her over a long period of time. They only "badgered" her when she went so far over the top as to be contemptuous of the proceedings. At that point, they mostly appealed to Conway to do something about her outrageous behavior.

Cindy's deposition: http://www.forthepeople.com/#

Her attitude and behavior were disrespectful of the legal system and will come back to haunt her in future proceedings. Also, let's remember, the ONLY reason she is being deposed is that Casey filed that counter-suit saying that Zenaida has ruined HER reputation!

Read Casey's suit against Zenaida: http://www.wftv.com/news/17983147/detail.html

BTW, here is an interesting tidbit from Casey's suit:

P. 5, Para #8

"A picture of the Plaintiff was shown to the Defendant by the police and she did not identify that picture as the Plaintiff."

A few people are lying here! Wonder who?

I'm gonna cut right to your chase here (hehe)......great synopsis! Wish they'd read p.5, para #8 to Cindy when she said she believed KC - but that would have been unprofessional huh?

Of the whole disgusting depo I think the part that repulsed me most was when Cindy called Sgt Allen a liar........twice I think. There just are no words!

I thought CA was very co-operative for the bulk of this depo. She began to get frustrated and annoyed only when the questioning attorney started repeating questions she had already answered, and asking questions in a confusing format. She clearly lost her cool when JM started wading in during the later part of the depo and frankly I'm not surprised. She obviously thinks this lawsuit is frivolous (one thing I agree with her on) and tried repeatedly to point out that no one in the A camp had ever said that this particular ZG was the person claimed to have taken Caylee.

JM's behaviour WAS bullying and intimidating. He made a point of reminding CA that the depo was a court procedure and that it could/would be used in court, but then proceeded to badger and bully CA (who is a witness) into a confession of her own 'guilt', as if she was actually in a court room and on trial herself!

I obviously don't know what is permitted in an actual court room in the US, but I know that such intimidation of a witness, and the bullying that was used to get this witness to confess to being 'guilty' of defamation herself (even though it is not CA that ZG has sued) would never be allowed in a UK court room.

It really does not matter what someone who is under supeona for a deposition THINKS. Depositions are not about their THOUGHTS or OPINIONS but their testimony about the case.

Cindy started out trying to tell Morgan what was relevant. That should been stopped right off the bat. Her attorney should have told her off the record - Don't do that again !! - It is NEVER appropriate to talk back to the questioning attorney like that. My brother said he would have most likely stopped the deposition if that was his client and they were non cooperative like she was.

First of all you have to answer ALL the questions they ask no matter HOW RELEVANT you believe them to be. Where you live, may not be relevant to you, or where you work, but you do have to answer them. It is very common procedure to re ask the same question with different phrasing of the question. I have never seen a deposition where that is not done for important information many times over. It only "confused" her because she was tying to avoid answering with the truth. She found it hard when he kept rephrasing them in different context because lies are hard to keep straight when asked differently, and that is the purpose of re asking many times.

Second, you do not have the right to ask anything of the questioning attorney except to restate the question.

Third, her attorney did not do his job !! If he prepared her for that she didn't listen to him (which I believe), but when he lost control of her, he should have stopped the deposition, took her off to herself and told her the penalties available to the questioning attorney if she did not shut up that nonsense. If she still went on with her nonsense, he should have stopped the deposition entirely until he could get control or put a call into the judge and let the judge tell her to answer.

Fourth, Morgan and his staff were very professional and had evidently expected some type of off the wall reaction, because he kept tying to bring her back to what they were there for. If I had been him, I would have taken her before a judge right then, but he was tolerant and tried his best to steer her correctly and tried his best to get her attorney to intervene.

Fifth, Morgan got what he wanted when she admitted she told on TV as "KC's agent" that this ZG was not cleared although LE had told her and George that she had been cleared and KC could not identify her.

I don't know if he will bother to depose her again since he got all he needed from her, but I am sure he will depose George again, after he has had the judge "instruct" him and his attorney what he has to answer.

This ZFG lawsuit is totally frivolous IMO. If she has in fact lost her job because her name was used in this case then her ambulance chaser lawyers need to go after the employer that fired her because THAT is against the law. And as Seagull stated above its been said since the beginning that she was NOT the ZFG that took Caylee.

Not according to Cindy on TV...........

My brother also said that the amount of the lawsuit was so insignificant that it was insane for Baez to answer it and particularly to file a counter suit. He said they could have let ZG win the suit by default and KC would have been out nothing as she had no assets. That way it would not have implicated the Anthonys or involved their insurance company, but instead Baez made a very foolish mistake in trying to defend the case, and even filed a counter suit.

That opened up everyone to being deposed and ,now if it goes to court, the amount awarded can and will be a LOT more than the lawsuit calls for because there will be damages added to it.

Thanks so much for posting your brother's insight into this. ITA with everything he said. I have one question if you or anyone else knows the answer. I thought KC's attorney for the civil suit was Jonathan Kasen... from the certificate of service on the interrogatories. http://www.forthepeople.com/Casey.pdf (page 4) Did Baez file the countersuit before Kasen was involved? I tried looking at the actual countersuit which is listed here: http://www.wftv.com/news/17983147/detail.html but the last page seems to be missing. Gosh if Baez filed that before helping her get a civil attorney who may have known what he was doing it just seems so much worse. His inexperience shows so often! :sheesh:

bolded by me..

Seagull, prettier than what OTHER ZFG..if you don't mind my asking?

Did we ever get an answer to that OTHER ZFG?

I can't seem to find it.
I read it as the ZFG that KC described, the "10" ZFG. That is the other ZFG. That was the irony that Seagull referred to as I read it.
Isn't there a comparison going on between the Plaintiff and KC's description?
I'll go check again for you.

Thanks so much for posting your brother's insight into this. ITA with everything he said. I have one question if you or anyone else knows the answer. I thought KC's attorney for the civil suit was Jonathan Kasen... from the certificate of service on the interrogatories. http://www.forthepeople.com/Casey.pdf (page 4) Did Baez file the countersuit before Kasen was involved? I tried looking at the actual countersuit which is listed here: http://www.wftv.com/news/17983147/detail.html but the last page seems to be missing. Gosh if Baez filed that before helping her get a civil attorney who may have known what he was doing it just seems so much worse. His inexperience shows so often! :sheesh:

My brother's question after reading and watching the deposition was was WHY would they file that counter suit and then their attorney not show up for any depositions. He said something is seriously wrong in this when the filing attorney for the counter suit does not show up when they depose a witness and/or witnesses.

I read it as the ZFG that KC described, the "10" ZFG. That is the other ZFG. That was the irony that Seagull referred to as I read it.
Isn't there a comparison going on between the Plaintiff and KC's description?
I'll go check again for you.

That could be...........I took it as if there was "another" ZG somewhere not identified.

I could be wrong, but I do believe Baez filed that on his own and then brought this other attorney into the case, because I remember thinking when the guy appeared, "now who is this?"

I was wondering if anyone else noticed the look in Cindy's eyes??? That really strikes me as I watch her depo. She looks like she has mental issues, and I don't mean that as a smear against her, they just look very cold, unfeeling and angry.

I did. Her eyes were scary to me. And I do think that she was under the influence of something. There were times she would blink so slowly like drowsy. I can't explain about her speech. But, there seemed to me, to have an odd effect to it.

I did. Her eyes were scary to me. And I do think that she was under the influence of something. There were times she would blink so slowly like drowsy. I can't explain about her speech. But, there seemed to me, to have an odd effect to it.

She reminded me of watching my girlfriend in college when she would try to lie to her parents when drunk and never could pull it off. LOL

I understand the horror George and Cindy have been through but watching the deposition, it is difficult for me to muster support for them.

I read all the depositions but only watched portions.

I did wonder if there was any truth to their comments that the Sawgrass ZG is not really a ZFG but a CZG. Cindy said she had done her homework and that Fernandez was not part of this lady's name on her DMV record.

Cindy also indicated that the Sawgrass ZG "nodded yes" when Cindy said (paraphrased) Ask her if this is her signature. Ask her if she signed this C. Zenaida Gonzale[z].

(Cindy had the discovery page, p. 45? (it is 57 in the version I am looking at), which was the Sawgrass card. I believe Cindy indicates the z was also missing from the last name? (it is there on the version I am looking at) I thought it was typos/misspeaking but I think it was intentional.)

I understand the horror George and Cindy have been through but watching the deposition, it is difficult for me to muster support for them.

I read all the depositions but only watched portions.

I did wonder if there was any truth to their comments that the Sawgrass ZG is not really a ZFG but a CZG. Cindy said she had done her homework and that Fernandez was not part of this lady's name on her DMV record.

Cindy also indicated that the Sawgrass ZG "nodded yes" when Cindy said (paraphrased) Ask her if this is her signature. Ask her if she signed this C. Zenaida Gonzale[z].

(Cindy had the discovery page, p. 45? (it is 57 in the version I am looking at), which was the Sawgrass card. I believe Cindy indicates the z was also missing from the last name? (it is there on the version I am looking at) I thought it was typos/misspeaking but I think it was intentional.)

Who knows how this lady's signature endend up without the "z" on the end. Who knows what the "C" means. Fact is, this is the lady that signed the card by her own admission at the depo.

Quite frankly, CA was grasping at straws in the face of so many more realities.

Who knows how this lady's signature endend up without the "z" on the end. Who knows what the "C" means. Fact is, this is the lady that signed the card by her own admission at the depo.

Quite frankly, CA was grasping at straws in the face of so many more realities.

I am wondering what that admission does to her case (if anything). Maybe someone can answer that from a legal standpoint. I couldn't tell if they stopped taping because ZG's lawyer could not believe the behavior of Cindy and figured at this point going to the judge was his best course of action or whether she'd hit a nerve.

By the end of the deposition, my head was spinning. I doubt I could have told you my own name. This was worse than listening to Dominic Casey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler