Civil Suit Hearing Tues., 1/6/09 Judge Reprimands Defense Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The thing that drives me nuts about this ZG suit is KC was very clear and concise in her description of "the nanny" right down to her hyphenated middle name. A name that this ZG does not share. Open and closed.

That's what I thought at the beginning...but if KC doesn't depose due to the 5th, will that give ZG an advantage to win her suit anyway?

I'm pretty shocked that they haven't already dropped it, they have known about this for at least a month probably more.

I would have thought the same. Why waste time on a civil suit, when you have a criminal murder case over your head. It seems like resources would be better served putting everything into the criminal case.

I'm pretty shocked that they haven't already dropped it, they have known about this for at least a month probably more.

I would have thought the same. Why waste time on a civil suit, when you have a criminal murder case over your head. It seems like resources would be better served putting everything into the criminal case.

I would have thought the same. Why waste time on a civil suit, when you have a criminal murder case over your head. It seems like resources would be better served putting everything into the criminal case. Maybe it's just an ego thing with Jose, or KC.

I'll help you!:) John Morgan has been around for years---I remember him from way back in the 80's when I was growing up in South Fla. He and his firm have always had commercials and billboards up b/c they were/are a large successful law firm. He's always appeared to be professional, IMO. He is NOT scum like JB.

Thanks! I've his commercials and billboards for years, since I was a young child. I just didn't understand the connection that JB was trying to make with the Morgan Law Firm having a "Merry Christmas" billboard and being publicity hounds for taking on ZFG's case. The two just aren't related. So what if a law firm wants to put up a billboard? That's one way of advertising. Word of mouth referral is another, which is something that JB will never have after this case :rolleyes:

I would have thought the same. Why waste time on a civil suit, when you have a criminal murder case over your head. It seems like resources would be better served putting everything into the criminal case. Maybe it's just an ego thing with Jose.

I'll help you!:) John Morgan has been around for years---I remember him from way back in the 80's when I was growing up in South Fla. He and his firm have always had commercials and billboards up b/c they were/are a large successful law firm. He's always appeared to be professional, IMO. He is NOT scum like JB.

Thanks! I've his commercials and billboards for years, since I was a young child. I just didn't understand the connection that JB was trying to make with the Morgan Law Firm having a "Merry Christmas" billboard and being publicity hounds for taking on ZFG's case. The two just aren't related. So what if a law firm wants to put up a billboard? That's one way of advertising. Word of mouth referral is another, which is something that JB will never have after this case :rolleyes:

Here's my objection to this case. ZG's middle initial isn't F. How can she claim to be hurt by KC's story when this isn't her name?

It makes no sense to me that any lawyer would take her on as a client against KC . If she lost her job over the police ruling her out as a suspect then she needs to go after the company that fired her.

JB wasn't in court today, it was the other Jose. He looked a little shaken when leaving the courthouse.

Defence: ATTORNEY JONATHAN KASEN is representing Casey Anthony from what I understood. http://www.wftv.com/news/18419522/detail.html

Lawsuit was filed by Orlando attorney John Morgan, who is representing one Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez.

Click here to read lawsuit filed by Zenaida Gonzalez- http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092408zenaidalawsuit/indexGallery.htm

Fernandez-Gonzalez claims she has been wrongfully accused of kidnapping Caylee, stating that information provided to law enforcement about her by Casey Anthony was, "done with malice." Morgan told FOX 35 on Friday that his client has never met Anthony.

Anthony claims she last saw her daughter in June, after she left the child with a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez. Authorities believe Anthony is lyi

What is ZFG suing KC for? I understand the defamation of character, but what will come of it? $$ judgement? What $$?? We don't even know how JB is getting paid!! How is she affording all this crap??

According to the OC docs I'm seeing online, her name is ZFG, exactly as stated by KC. If there is other info out there, could you point me there?

Also, slightly off topic but ZFG significant, I wonder if the daisy-chain LP has been referring to is the one that somehow gets info about ZFG from Sawgrass complex to KC and that's how her name got drawn in. Thoughts??
I asked about this in my post on pg 3,I think,but no takers.
I'll restate...Katie Sue R. was supposed to have an interview with LE and didn't show up/When they went to her she refused to be interviewed but referred them to Vicky A. KSR told LE Vicky A. knew Casey much better.I think both lived at Sawgrass.I don't recall seeing an interview with Vicky A in the docs.I'm wondering if she is connected somehow to Casey learning the name.That's why I was asking about who J morgan might depose or call as a witness.
If LE has a link from someone to the name ZFG,to KC,they can prove she simply made the nanny up.Nanny defense closed.

I would have thought the same. Why waste time on a civil suit, when you have a criminal murder case over your head. It seems like resources would be better served putting everything into the criminal case. Maybe it's just an ego thing with Jose.

Any wasn't ZG visit to Sawgrass on the same day KC stated Kaylee was dropped off there? Strange!!!

ZG was there June 17th according to a form filled out at the apt.

Not at all. In case you don't recall, the reason LE iv'ed this ZG is because Casey gave them the Sawgrass Apartment address and apartment number that ZG had looked at. She went so far as to tell LE that she handed Caylee to her in the stairwell there. Unless you can find me another ZG associated with Sawgrass and show the police, and not Casey were responsible for ZG being iv'ed, then it's gotta be this ZG.

CA was showed a picture of ZG which she couldn't identify.

Apt 210 is empty, 110 is the model used for displaying to potential renters.
ZG looked at an apt on 6-17. KC said she dropped Caylee off on 6-9. I don't recall this ever changing even after the A's corrected the last time they saw Caylee.

ZG never rented an apt there, she merely looked. If someone at SawGrass gave KC the name ZG there is another possible suit for ZG, but since KC handed over Caylee to ZFG, a 'straightened' brown haired/ bleached blond woman, age 24 with no children. Then it couldn't possibly be ZG a 40 something yo mother of 6, there is no possible way ZG was the nanny.

Also, slightly off topic but ZFG significant, I wonder if the daisy-chain LP has been referring to is the one that somehow gets info about ZFG from Sawgrass complex to KC and that's how her name got drawn in. Thoughts??[/QUOTE]

Slightly O/T--Do you all know what a "Daisy Chain" really is?

I can't believe everyone keeps using this highly sexual terminology.

Including LP...and fellow WS'ers

Here's my objection to this case. ZG's middle initial isn't F. How can she claim to be hurt by KC's story when this isn't her name?

It makes no sense to me that any lawyer would take her on as a client against KC . If she lost her job over the police ruling her out as a suspect then she needs to go after the company that fired her.

JB wasn't in court today, it was the other Jose. He looked a little shaken when leaving the courthouse.

Defence: ATTORNEY JONATHAN KASEN is representing Casey Anthony from what I understood. I also seen the name of Jose Garcia, but I think that Kasen will be the one representing Casey. http://www.wftv.com/news/18419522/detail.html

Lawsuit was filed by Orlando attorney John Morgan, who is representing one Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez.

Click here to read lawsuit filed by Zenaida Gonzalez- http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092408zenaidalawsuit/indexGallery.htm

Fernandez-Gonzalez claims she has been wrongfully accused of kidnapping Caylee, stating that information provided to law enforcement about her by Casey Anthony was, "done with malice." Morgan told FOX 35 on Friday that his client has never met Anthony.

Anthony claims she last saw her daughter in June, after she left the child with a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez. Authorities believe Anthony is lying.

Oh boy. First, no lawyer should ever, ever, ever demean another member of the Bar in pleadings unless it is a suit against that lawyer and even then calling him/her names is verbotten! Bad form for Baez. I wonder if he perhaps Baez doesn't need a little tutoring on the Canons of Ethics and the Rules of Professional Responsibility. But, bumbling along, his errors in judgment will not be taken out on his client so his bad form will not mean much when it comes time for the judge to make the decision as to whether to allow the deposition to take place or delay it pending trial.

Since the trial is presently scheduled for March and a 90 or 120 day delay in the deposition schedule is not going to cause ZG irreparable harm, there is simply no reason for Judge Rodriguez to push the issue. He will grant a reasonable extension of time to Baez and Morgan will have to deal with it.

Frankly, I do not think that ZG can prevail in her case in chief. Her ex-employer would have to take the stand and say that ZG's employment was terminated BECAUSE of the Caylee Anthony case and for no other reason, as would a spokesperson from ANY and ALL companies with whom she applied for employment and was denied. If ZG was fired from her cleaning job, the reason for termination will be in her employment record. I just do not see anyone entering "has the same name as Caylee Anthony's phantom Nanny" as the cause for termination. And if her termination were the result of such and her records reflected this information, she would be on unemployment. Since employment laws vary by State and I do not know how Florida's laws work, I can only assume it is an "employment at will" State, meaning that one can be terminated without reason - at the will of the employer. If it isn't, she would be suing her employer for firing her for such a ridiculous reason. Sorry, but I do not believe anyone will swear under oath that ZG was a perfect candidate for a position with their company, but was not hired because of her name being associated with the case.

On top of this, KC was shown a photo of ZG and said that this was not ZFG. ZG is not ZFG, there is no Fernandes(z) hyphen anything. KC said ZFG had no kids, ZG has 6. KC's description of ZFG could in no way be construed to be ZG. The link between KC's imaginary Nanny and ZG is tenuous if not remote. KC at no time implicated THIS particular woman. Morgan's actions are that of an "ambulance chaser" which is what every ignoramous calls a plaintiff personal injury attorney. This is a derogatory remark for a PPIA because it implies unethical conduct. But, Baez is a jailhouse jockey, so who is calling who names here?

A verbal and public chastisement from the Judge is sufficient as punishment for Baez' for allowing such pleadings to be filed. From what I understand Baez is only 3-4 years out of law school and Judges are lenient on newbies. I dont' know about Florida, but here Judges are elected, so they tend to not *advertiser censored** over the attorneys because it is the attorneys who finance the Judge's campaign and re-election. Furthermore, all Judges understand that they may one day lose an election to a new face and be looking for a job, so they do not burn any bridges. Finally, a Judge who really sticks it to another member of the Bar loses face with the attorneys who practice in front of him/her.

Remember that Judges, at some point before they rose to the bench, were practicing law somewhere and got to their new job by the good graces of their friends in the Bar. Any Judge who gets too high and mighty will find his "friends" $upporting another candidate in the next election.

Oh boy. First, no lawyer should ever, ever, ever demean another member of the Bar in pleadings unless it is a suit against that lawyer and even then calling him/her names is verbotten! Bad form for Baez. I wonder if he perhaps Baez doesn't need a little tutoring on the Canons of Ethics and the Rules of Professional Responsibility. But, bumbling along, his errors in judgment will not be taken out on his client so his bad form will not mean much when it comes time for the judge to make the decision as to whether to allow the deposition to take place or delay it pending trial.

Since the trial is presently scheduled for March and a 90 or 120 day delay in the deposition schedule is not going to cause ZG irreparable harm, there is simply no reason for Judge Rodriguez to push the issue. He will grant a reasonable extension of time to Baez and Morgan will have to deal with it.

Frankly, I do not think that ZG can prevail in her case in chief. Her ex-employer would have to take the stand and say that ZG's employment was terminated BECAUSE of the Caylee Anthony case and for no other reason, as would a spokesperson from ANY and ALL companies with whom she applied for employment and was denied. If ZG was fired from her cleaning job, the reason for termination will be in her employment record. I just do not see anyone entering "has the same name as Caylee Anthony's phantom Nanny" as the cause for termination. And if her termination were the result of such and her records reflected this information, she would be on unemployment. Since employment laws vary by State and I do not know how Florida's laws work, I can only assume it is an "employment at will" State, meaning that one can be terminated without reason - at the will of the employer. If it isn't, she would be suing her employer for firing her for such a ridiculous reason. Sorry, but I do not believe anyone will swear under oath that ZG was a perfect candidate for a position with their company, but was not hired because of her name being associated with the case.

On top of this, KC was shown a photo of ZG and said that this was not ZFG. ZG is not ZFG, there is no Fernandes(z) hyphen anything. KC said ZFG had no kids, ZG has 6. KC's description of ZFG could in no way be construed to be ZG. The link between KC's imaginary Nanny and ZG is tenuous if not remote. KC at no time implicated THIS particular woman. Morgan's actions are that of an "ambulance chaser" which is what every ignoramous calls a plaintiff personal injury attorney. This is a derogatory remark for a PPIA because it implies unethical conduct. But, Baez is a jailhouse jockey, so who is calling who names here?

A verbal and public chastisement from the Judge is sufficient as punishment for Baez' for allowing such pleadings to be filed. From what I understand Baez is only 3-4 years out of law school and Judges are lenient on newbies. I dont' know about Florida, but here Judges are elected, so they tend to not *advertiser censored** over the attorneys because it is the attorneys who finance the Judge's campaign and re-election. Furthermore, all Judges understand that they may one day lose an election to a new face and be looking for a job, so they do not burn any bridges. Finally, a Judge who really sticks it to another member of the Bar loses face with the attorneys who practice in front of him/her.

Remember that Judges, at some point before they rose to the bench, were practicing law somewhere and got to their new job by the good graces of their friends in the Bar. Any Judge who gets too high and mighty will find his "friends" $upporting another candidate in the next election.

Can't find it in my heart to shed tears for KC's attornies. There are a great many people on KC's side of the fence who seem to think the rules don't apply to them.

From the short clip I saw of Judge R he was not rude or yelling but calm, reasonable and serious. This bodes well for a fair and just outcome in this lawsuit. :clap:

Because JB was starting new tip lines, and being the gopher for the high powered names on the defense side

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back