Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nopers. The new FB page is by an Italian going by the name. No one has replied & he didn`t say much of news anyway. I made a phone call to someone who confirmed what the media said. Seems the cops are pouring water all over the story. Looks like no arrest is happening. Now they also said the media have been abuzz about this since before Christmas. So it`s not come from FB. I`d like to know why the media are so rumour spreading between themselves & where they got this one from.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...ed-to-wa-murders/story-fnjuhxh0-1226821040903

Fears Bannockburn mother’s disappearance may be linked to WA murders
ERIN PEARSON POLICE •
Geelong Advertiser •
February 08, 2014 9:29AM

THE family of missing Bannockburn mother Lorrin Whitehead fear her bizarre disappearance may be linked to the historic Claremont murders in Western Australia.

On the first anniversary of her disappearance, Lorrin’s eldest daughter Amelia revealed the family were following the new lead after revelations her mother attended Iona Catholic College with all three women connected to Australia’s longest-running and most expensive murder investigation.

Amelia also said Cottesloe-raised Lorrin had only reverted back to her maiden name in the months before her disappearance.

She now fears the missing mother of five may have fallen victim to a serial killer.

“We had a message about a lead regarding Iona College in Western Australia, which is a Catholic boarding school. There’s supposedly been a string of missing persons all within the two year levels surrounding mum’s,” she told the Geelong Advertiser.

“A number of people think there’s some connection and all the circumstances are quite similar.

“Because she’s changed her maiden name back maybe they were finally able to track her.”

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...ed-to-wa-murders/story-fnjuhxh0-1226821040903

ERIN PEARSON POLICE •
Geelong Advertiser •

THE family of missing Bannockburn mother Lorrin Whitehead fear her bizarre disappearance may be linked to the historic Claremont murders in Western Australia.

On the first anniversary of her disappearance, Lorrin’s eldest daughter Amelia revealed the family were following the new lead after revelations her mother attended Iona Catholic College with all three women connected to Australia’s longest-running and most expensive murder investigation.

Amelia also said Cottesloe-raised Lorrin had only reverted back to her maiden name in the months before her disappearance.

She now fears the missing mother of five may have fallen victim to a serial killer.

“We had a message about a lead regarding Iona College in Western Australia, which is a Catholic boarding school. There’s supposedly been a string of missing persons all within the two year levels surrounding mum’s,” she told the Geelong Advertiser.

“A number of people think there’s some connection and all the circumstances are quite similar.

“Because she’s changed her maiden name back maybe they were finally able to track her.”

Well that's interesting. Thanks Strangeworld :seeya:

I didn't realise that they all attended Iona.....seems very sinister to think someone may be stalking specific women from the same school.:facepalm:

I wouldn't have thought the same guy who killed the first three would have killed this woman as she doesn't fit his 'type' - women in their twenties, no children. But he may well have numerous 'types' that we know nothing about. I'm sure that there have been many more murders committed by this guy than just the three we know of.:twocents:

QUOTE=Strangeworld;10241714]http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...ed-to-wa-murders/story-fnjuhxh0-1226821040903

ERIN PEARSON POLICE •
Geelong Advertiser •

Well that's interesting. Thanks Strangeworld :seeya:

I didn't realise that they all attended Iona.....seems very sinister to think someone may be stalking specific women from the same school.:facepalm:

I wouldn't have thought the same guy who killed the first three would have killed this woman as she doesn't fit his 'type' - women in their twenties, no children. But he may well have numerous 'types' that we know nothing about. I'm sure that there have been many more murders committed by this guy than just the three we know of.:twocents:

It does seem out of place, Isis. If the same person is responsible for this latest disappearance, that is a long time to have a grudge. I wonder what the family think the motivation is, or are they just grasping at straws?

It does seem out of place, Isis. If the same person is responsible for this latest disappearance, that is a long time to have a grudge. I wonder what the family think the motivation is, or are they just grasping at straws?

Yes, I'd wondered if they were grasping at straws. (which is completely understandable - you'd look at every single possibility.....)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/claremont-serial-killings.985161/page-5

^This is an excellent thread about the Claremont Serial Killer with 19 pages (so far). Some of the posters are long-term locals who have followed the case from day one (or thereabouts). Lots of new pieces of information that I've never heard of before. Sure, not all of them could be true...but I'm pretty sure most of them aren't false.

I've linked to page five, where things start to get a little more interesting, but most of the discussion throughout the thread is pretty good. One user in particular indirectly helped me put a name to a very possible match for the "martial artist" suspect the police have been following (and probably following VERY closely, now that the public servant L.W. has been eliminated).

Also, one user in in that (above) thread posted what seemed to me to be a really good quality still from the CCTV footage outside the Claremont Hotel that featured Jane Rimmer smiling (beaming, really) upon seeing the "Mystery Man". This image is reproduced below. Make of it what you will. I just find it much better to look at than the footage on YouTube.

42452_239e2b5878d3bdcd825d0b1a40cc9846.jpg

Hey everyone. Just joining this thread. I live in Perth but I was only 5 when these murders took place so I don't remember them at all. My parents remember it well though.

One thing that scares me about Perth though, is that there are so many places to hide a body because there is a lot of semi-rural areas and it's very spread out, and once you're out of the city it's just desert. I often think about where Sarah could be because there is so much space.

I have a feeling that whoever did these murders is either dead, very old or has moved elsewhere and will unfortunately never be found, but I think the police have an eye on him. I think it was a very smart person who realised the police were closing in and therefore stopped. I also think it was opputinistic and random and they just targeted young girls who were by themselves and it wasn't someone who was known to the girls.

I really don't think Lorrin Whitehead's disappearance is connected to them at all and it really seems like the family is grasping for some explanation, which is sad. I'm actually surprised they think it's related to be honest because to me the circumstances couldn't be more different.

1) Victims of the Claremont serial killer were in their 20's and this woman is in her 40's
2) The women disappeared from the same part of Claremont and all went to the same bars and nightclubs as each other (at least two of them did). Lorrin disappeared from Victoria and as far as what I know, failed to show up for work. She wasn't last seen leaving a nightclub or bar.

The school connection is very loose imo and I don't believe these murders were premeditated, even though if the women were alive today they'd be around her age. In fact, I had never heard that all three women had gone to the same school before this article.

I think the family doesn't have an explanation for the disappearance of their loved one so they're trying to grab onto anything and make any kind of link, which is sad. I hope they can get answers but I really think they're looking in the wrong place. They're clearly two separate cases with two different perpetrators to me.

^This is an excellent thread about the Claremont Serial Killer with 19 pages (so far). Some of the posters are long-term locals who have followed the case from day one (or thereabouts). Lots of new pieces of information that I've never heard of before. Sure, not all of them could be true...but I'm pretty sure most of them aren't false.

I've linked to page five, where things start to get a little more interesting, but most of the discussion throughout the thread is pretty good. One user in particular indirectly helped me put a name to a very possible match for the "martial artist" suspect the police have been following (and probably following VERY closely, now that the public servant L.W. has been eliminated).

Also, one user in in that (above) thread posted what seemed to me to be a really good quality still from the CCTV footage outside the Claremont Hotel that featured Jane Rimmer smiling (beaming, really) upon seeing the "Mystery Man". This image is reproduced below. Make of it what you will. I just find it much better to look at than the footage on YouTube.

Thanks for the link! It will give me some reading to do tomorrow!

One thing that scares me about Perth though, is that there are so many places to hide a body because there is a lot of semi-rural areas and it's very spread out, and once you're out of the city it's just desert. I often think about where Sarah could be because there is so much space.

I have a feeling that whoever did these murders is either dead, very old or has moved elsewhere and will unfortunately never be found, but I think the police have an eye on him. I think it was a very smart person who realised the police were closing in and therefore stopped. I also think it was opputinistic and random and they just targeted young girls who were by themselves and it wasn't someone who was known to the girls.

Regarding Jane Rimmer's body, I would imagine it's probably the most well hidden because the killer had a much stronger relationship/link with her (either socially/romantically, or through work, outside of work, etc). She meant more to him, so he was more motivated to keep her body hidden after he'd had his way with her and the "fun" was over (I mean, I doubt it's much fun digging a decent grave for anyone, or weighing down their corpse to throw into a river, etc). The following two victims meant less to him, so he was less motivated to put in the same kind of effort. He basically killed them because he wanted to be able to repeat his earlier crime.

And at this stage, I don't believe (and as far as I can tell, the WA police don't believe) the killer is dead, in jail for other crimes, etc. I believe that they continue to watch every move that this well educated "martial arts expert" makes. I believe there will be more, significant developments to come in this one...sooner or later. I don't see this case becoming "cold".

I believe that I know who this unidentified man is!.

I gave the info (in writing) to WAPOL after 2 detectives from the Major Crime squad interviewed me about him when I contacted them.

He confessed in writing that he is the unidentified man in the Jane Rimmer CCTV footage.

At the time he worked at P & P Print in Claremont.

I believe he probably killed the missing woman Lorrin Whitehead in Victoria.

6 months before she disappeared (in late 2012), he threatened (again in writing) that the Claremont Serial Killings would start up again.

For reasons known only to themselves Plod cannot seem to put the pieces together.

How many more will he kill?

As many as he likes - seemingly!.

He is known to have been with Sarah McMahon, during the week before she disappeared, was found with her personal diary in his possession, and says in writing, that he was with her the morning she disappeared.

Murdered Deborah Anderson's body was found in her step mums burnt out Ford Meteor Car, in Dec 2000 at the liquor Store in Dances Drive Midland, less than 100 yards behind his house.

Laura Kate Muckersie, 20, was found murdered in a storm drain in Swan View in 2001 just a couple hundred meters from where this guy lived at the time.

Try convincing plod... they have their own suspect and won't consider anyone else.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/22388352/police-evidence-system-a-shambles/

Police evidence system 'a shambles'

It would seem plod have probably "lost" (misplaced) much of the CSK macro task force evidence...

I doubt they will ever solve this one unless the guy hands himself in and confesses.

I believe that I know who this unidentified man is!.

I gave the info (in writing) to WAPOL after 2 detectives from the Major Crime squad interviewed me about him when I contacted them.

He confessed in writing that he is the unidentified man in the Jane Rimmer CCTV footage.

At the time he worked at P & P Print in Claremont.

I believe he probably killed the missing woman Lorrin Whitehead in Victoria.

6 months before she disappeared (in late 2012), he threatened (again in writing) that the Claremont Serial Killings would start up again.

For reasons known only to themselves Plod cannot seem to put the pieces together.

How many more will he kill?

As many as he likes - seemingly!.

He is known to have been with Sarah McMahon, during the week before she disappeared, was found with her personal diary in his possession, and says in writing, that he was with her the morning she disappeared.

Murdered Deborah Anderson's body was found in her step mums burnt out Ford Meteor Car, in Dec 2000 at the liquor Store in Dances Drive Midland, less than 100 yards behind his house.

Laura Kate Muckersie, 20, was found murdered in a storm drain in Swan View in 2001 just a couple hundred meters from where this guy lived at the time.

Try convincing plod... they have their own suspect and won't consider anyone else.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/22388352/police-evidence-system-a-shambles/

It would seem plod have probably "lost" (misplaced) much of the CSK macro task force evidence...

I doubt they will ever solve this one unless the guy hands himself in and confesses.

Thank you so much for all of that info, Ian :seeya:

Were the written confessions in letter form? Just wondering why he would write that info down? (if you don't mind sharing that info)

And if what you say is true - that is really scary :scared: All of those other women.......although surely nobody believes that he only killed the known Claremont women! These guys don't stop until they're caught, unfortunately :facepalm:

And yep, nothing surprises me regarding the WA police on this investigation. It's been an outrageous bungle!!!:banghead:

I have not seen any news coverage of this case here in the States. The first I heard of it was in a 1999 book about unapprehended serial killers entitled Still at Large by Michael Newton.

Hi Isis,

The written info was 2 years worth of private messages on facebook!

I copy pasted them all into a word doc for Plod. 139 pages of it!

I questioned him slowly and over a long period to garner the details one piece at a time.

There's a LOT more about him... BUT he makes a habit of watching and participating in most any online blogs about the CSK case, so I haven't named him publicly here (As I know he has a history of violence....and is a likely serial killer suspect).

Plod have the details.... up to them if they wish to do anything with it!
It's not my responsibility to solve their crimes for them.

My experience is they are just totally inept. I can't see that's likely to change any time soon.

Are you saying Dr is the man in the CCTV image?

Nope - Gary Hughes suggests that in his article I linked.

Also, Dr ****** is saying that in his PM's!

yeah its me in the video. sorry to say. I need to thin up a bit now. Getting slack in my old age. Only one not to be identified at Bay View Terrace... on the night in question, ha.

Oh well I know plenty of ppl in the sex community if I get out of the printing trade hey. I could go back to work in Highgate.. But havta thin up first. No I didn`t get sacked for harrassing male workers lmao. They just wanted to get rid of me.Yeah the cops won`t tell me re the printing components cause i have asked Stanbury about it. Wouldn`t it be really bad if Jagoe is responsible for the Claremont Cul De Sac murders starting up again.... Claremont Ghost may come back from O/seas & start it all up again.
That was Sept 4 2012 & 'coincidentally" in Feb 2013 Former Cottesloe Girl Iona Presentation College student Lorrin Whitehead, disappears without trace.

So it's not me suggesting it, but rather Gary Hughes seemed to suggest so in his article & ****** confirms it and laughs about it in his PM's to me.

He was sacked for making unwanted sexual advances to a fellow male employee at the P & P Print I am reliably informed.

But that's not all - he's definitely a weird bucket of bolts...

Why does he refer above too - his ability to get work in the sex industry?
Oh well I know plenty of ppl in the sex community if I get out of the printing trade hey. I could go back to work in Highgate.
Way back In 2006..he posted in Dreaded Neds Free Gay Australian Personals as below:-

Date: 3-Aug-06
Name: mandy
Subject: crossdresser

Wishing to meet dom lady or sim for fun times,i`m a submissive servant, into piercings,cross dressing,fishnets,slave sub work,am into wild dressing up,ankle spreaders, etc,e mail me; not into dirty/ shty facial work etc. TA. mandy.

Email: XXXRedacted by meXXX
But suffice to say the redacted email addy is the same email addy "Dr ******" has used since the serial killings back in 1996 in his various blogs.

Reportedly - some of the recovered remains of Rimmer & Glennon were minus clothes and jewellery (but shoes left behind) & Deb Anderson $17K UK Pounds diamond engagement ring was also missing never recovered.

Would a cross dressing transvestite perhaps "keep" some of his victims clothes and jewellery to wear as trophy's?

Maybe not the shoes if they were too small to fit his larger male feet?

There's a squillion things seem to point to this guy as being the perp... except...

Plod already have his DNA profile on CODIS, according to him

They have my dna from when i got done for obstructing police in the front yard of 280 Morrison Rd, Swan View. I lived there 7 years & 2 months
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/woman-by-road-seriously-assaulted-in-midland-20120820-24hsh.html

This is 2012 - I believe the young woman passed away subsequently according to subsequent media articles.

Woman by road 'seriously assaulted' in Midland ... injured on the side of a Perth road, amid reports a male was seen near her body shortly ... About 2.30am the 19-year-old was discovered lying near Morrison Road in Midland.
Also earlier... in 2001

https://wa.crimestoppers.com.au/help_solve_crime/unsolved_cases/cold-cases/laura-kate-muckersie

Laura Kate MUCKERSIE
HEIGHT:
BUILD:
EYES: Brown
HAIR: Long brown hair
COMPLEXION: Fair

Sadly, at just 20 years of age, Laura Kate Muckersie was found deceased in a storm water drain at the intersection of Fairfax and Morrison Roads in Swan View, on Monday the 30th of July, 2001.

Her body was located by two young boys early that morning where she lay fully clothed, facing upwards and partly submerged in water.

The circumstances surrounding Laura's death remain a mystery and the tragedy continues to haunt her family and friends who are left behind wanting answers.

Laura's last hours were spent at the Darling Ridge Shopping Centre where she made a number of phone calls from the phone box before travelling further up Morrison Road to the phone box situated at Fairfax Park where she made her last known telephone call.

That night Laura's handbag was located several meters away from the phone box, but Laura was no where to be found.

Loved ones urge anyone with information surrounding Laura's death to help resolve the unanswered questions which remain.
Also

https://wa.crimestoppers.com.au/help_solve_crime/unsolved_cases/cold-cases/deborah-anderson

DESCRIPTION (at time):
HEIGHT: 178cm
BUILD: Medium
EYES: Blue
HAIR: Short brown hair
COMPLEXION: Fair

The 25th of January 2000, is a date that will never be forgotten by the family of Deborah Michelle ANDERSON.

Discovered in a burnt out motor vehicle parked outside Marant’s Deli Lunch Bar at the Middle Swan Shopping Centre, Deborah’s incinerated body was discovered after several triple 0 calls were made to FESA about the grim finding.

Engulfed in flames, the small white 1990 Ford Laser hatchback with Deborah’s body inside triggered a full scale homicide investigation involving Midland Detectives, the Major Crime Squad, Arson Squad and the Forensic Division.

Despite extensive inquiries by investigators, eleven years have gone by and the full circumstances surrounding the horrific death of Deborah Anderson are still unknown.

Born in Perth on the 20th of August 1975, Deborah moved to the United Kingdom in 1990 to be with her mother, returning nine years later in August 1999 to re-unite with her father and commence a cooking course at the Australian School of Tourism and Hotel Management. Scheduled to return to the course in February 2000 following the Christmas break, Deborah spent the holiday residing at her father’s Woodvale home where she was last seen alive by him at 9.00am on Monday the 24th of January 2000. When he returned shortly afterwards at 11.45am he noticed his defacto’s vehicle missing and assumed Deborah had borrowed the car with the intention of returning it by the afternoon so his defacto could drive to work.

Deborah did not return that day, prompting her father and his defacto to inquire with hospitals and police in a desperate bid t find her. The search ended shortly after midnight on Tuesday the 25th of January 2000, when Deborah’s body was discovered.

Inquiries into her death revealed that at 9.39am on Monday the 24th of January 2000, an amount of money was withdrawn from Deborah’s bank account from an ATM at the Woodvale shops.

Inquiries also revealed that Deborah may have driven along the Brand Highway, as far as Geraldton before returning to Perth the morning of January 25.
This last one in Dec 2000 of Deborah Anderson, the remains in the burnt out car were located in Dances Drive Midland parked up alongside the liquor store there.

****** lives within 50 yards of this spot across what was then a empty block, that he can walk to the liquor store and back in a straight line of sight and back in less than 5 minutes.

So - if they had ANY DNA evidence... even a partial dna profile from the remains of Jane Rimmer & Ciara Glennon etc - they SHOULD have been able to link him, to the CSK macro task force investigation.

The thing is - dead women's body's litter the ground around this guys place.

He has a criminal history of abuse... and other weird proclivities that tend to suggest he is a likely suspect IMHO.

There's probably more I have forgotten... to include!

Like he was born approx 1970 & went to school from ~ 1976 - 86 or 88, (i.e. 10 or 12 years) at La Salle College in Midland, which from 1976 was a co-ed school - not the old De La Sal Christian Brothers boys school it used to be prior to that - after it joined with St Bridgits Girls school in Midland in 1976 to become co ed.

Try as best I can, I just cannot link him to Iona Presentation College, other than I believe his Father at one time or possibly a grand parent maybe owned a house in Cottesloe at one point.

The first Iona woman to disappear, Julie Cutler - vanished in 1998... making ****** just 18 by then. Perhaps his first victim.
Then CSK victims Glennon and Spiers in 96 & 97 (Jane Rimmer apparently went to Hollywood High School BUT had grand parents lived in Cottesloe & may have mixed with the other Iona Girls outside of school).

Then all the girls around Midland in 2000 Anderson, 2001 Muckersie, & recent 2012 victim linked, then 2103 Lorrin Whitehead!

Heres the thing tho....

I just cannot find ANY link between ****** and Iona Womens Presentation college!

For e.g. Iona Women's presentation college - was a "sister college" to St Thomas Aquinas Boys school for the purposes of school balls and dances etc back then... no official pairing with La Salle Co Ed College in Midland (and why would there be other than they were both Catholic schools?).

A Girl graduated Iona Presentation College in same 2 years class as all the other 4 Iona Victims - Victoria (Same surname as ******)..... yet I can't find any link connecting them.

The only POSSIBLY / Likely link I can think of is that after leaving school and working in the printing trade @ P & P Print in Claremont - it's "possible" ****** might have drunk at the same hotel/s the girls vanished from after work maybe.

Lastly WAPOL were interested in rope used to bind one or more of the recovered CSK girls & found at the scene... because it contained dried printers ink.

****** confirmed that when he worked at P & P print they used to print posters but also parking tickets for City of Perth etc and the printing process they used a rope clothesline under cover out back of the building, to hang fresh printed posters up to dry.

Did he go back to work to get the rope... to use later when the girls were abducted to tie them up?

All good questions.

IMHO there's too much evidence linking this guy to so many of the crimes, remembering his involvement also with Missing Sarah McMahon.

The list is long... of his possible victims.

ATTENTION: We do NOT post the names of people who have not been identified/named by Law Enforcement as suspects/poi's.

If you do not have a valid link - do NOT post names.

Zero tolerance on this issue.

Thanks,

Salem

I used to read those posts.. talk about give me the creeps! Lots of complaining about being surveilled, but also a weird hint of pride in the subtext, lots of hinting. I honestly thought he was just one of those attention seeking wackos who latches onto famous cases like that, but always thought he had a nasty feeling about him. No way would I have entered into private convos with him, good on you IM for doing that.

If it was him, he would not be the first to seek attention , or just a chance to gloat, on the net.

So you deleted an entire post, destroyed the entire context of the thread - rather than redact one word containing a surname mentioned by a POI to WAPOL (Detectives from the serious crime squad interviewed me about his claims) which I "quoted" because it was Germain to the case - you were requested to redact just one word but instead you deleted hundreds of them?

What is this amateur hour?

Don't bother, I won't waste my time here any further.

Good day.

I used to read those posts.. talk about give me the creeps! Lots of complaining about being surveilled, but also a weird hint of pride in the subtext, lots of hinting. I honestly thought he was just one of those attention seeking wackos who latches onto famous cases like that, but always thought he had a nasty feeling about him. No way would I have entered into private convos with him, good on you IM for doing that.

If it was him, he would not be the first to seek attention , or just a chance to gloat, on the net.

Agreed, the Dr. P comments are creepy as hell.

This case is of particular interest to me as I am from W.A and was a young lady when these cases were going on. I also went to one of the sister schools of the victims.

For those who are unfamiliar, while Perth is a city with a population of just over 1 million people - it's isolated location makes it almost small town like.

Everybody knows everybody else, their dog, their business and their cousin's brother's boyfriends sister (I jest, but you get the idea.) So the fact that this remains unsolved nearly twenty years later is quite astounding.

The area of bushland where one of the bodies was found (the one down Wellard/Mandurah way) is INCREDIBLY isolated and would have been even more so twenty years ago before that part of town started to be developed. It's one of those routes you wouldn't take unless you knew exactly where you were going and had some familiarity with the area.

I hypothesise that the man responsible has a fantastic knowledge of Perth and the surrounding areas, was known to or familiar to the victims (given the circumstances of their disappearance).

Also given the fact that the police did not release many details about the crime scene where the women's remains were found. I'm taking a guess that the crimes committed against where quite barbaric in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..