Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow bit creepy if you go back and read my posts on this thread starting page 16 and compare to bft starting around page 9

I have a Question....
Prior to the release of the security camera footage in 2008, how many of you were aware that such footage existed? (Apart from the 700 or so that were there that night)

Quote Originally Posted by ExcaliburX View Post
the DM book (the only book on the CSK investigation.

Might be wrong but I don't think it's the only one
I'll get back to yo
PS I haven't read any yet

ok there's the books by estelle blackburn which aren't specifically pertaining to the csk and then the two books by debi marshall, only one of which are specifically about the csk

I have a Question....
Prior to the release of the security camera footage in 2008, how many of you were aware that such footage existed? (Apart from the 700 or so that were there that night)

None I believe

Don't you find it odd that..
Not one of those 700 people leaked that information?
That Macro waited so long to reveal it's existence?
That in all likelihood...even the one unidentified man didn't even know that it existed!
That perhaps...Macro sat on it for a valid reason (ie He really is a significant player)
And finally....why have the police still got an appeal out for his identity if he wasn't considered a significant POI?
As late as 9 July 2012......https://wa.crimestoppers.com.au/case?field_case_type_value=murder&=Apply

That in all likelihood...even the one unidentified man didn't even know that it existed!
That perhaps...Macro sat on it for a valid reason (ie He really is a significant player)
And finally....why have the police still got an appeal out for his identity if he wasn't considered a significant POI?
As late as 9 July 2012......https://wa.crimestoppers.com.au/case?field_case_type_value=murder&=Apply

No that is just the crimestoppers page. If you read it it says "Between 26/JAN/2006 and 15 /MAR/1997 three young w..."

It also lists the case date as "Case date Monday 09 Jul 2012 "

their page on cold cases might be more accurate

i'll look

So the crimestoppers page is lagging behind a good number of years...don't buy it sorry!

I would say that "Case date Monday 09 July 2012" was an updated renewal for information.

And DID police tamper with the footage as suggested? If so...why?...what is missing?
AND......(from this article) http://www.theage.com.au/national/n...al-killers-victim-released-20080828-44k7.html

The new footage was first released to a pay TV documentary series, which enhanced the original material, but not to the general media. WHY NOT THE GENERAL MEDIA?????

The footage was released to the media before they aired the documentary. The 'media' got grumpy because the production company doing the doco just got access to it first. It got announced in early August and was released to press on August 28 - the afternoon before the doco aired basically. A better question would be, why not release it 10 years before?

As for 'tampering',consensus seems to be that there is missing footage from the time stamp analysis a few pages back.

The footage was released to the media before they aired the documentary. The 'media' got grumpy because the production company doing the doco just got access to it first. It got announced in early August and was released to press on August 28 - the afternoon before the doco aired basically. A better question would be, why not release it 10 years before?
As for 'tampering',consensus seems to be that there is missing footage from the time stamp analysis a few pages back.

Yes I agree. We all think it was an act of incompetence. But what if the delay was more about not alerting that unidentified man that he was on film. What if they held back on that, hoping to have caught him by other means and only released the film because they hadn't made headway by other means as to his identity? Why are they still appealing to the public about that if he wasn't of some value to them?
It would very interesting to know if the film was limited to a fleeting moment "by design".
One man, on his own,..just happens to be there at the right moment..presumably not a patron...pretty suss to me!!!

Take that interaction out of the CSK context though. It's just as likely a bloke walking past being friendly, probably cracking a joke. If you reviewed every camera out the front of every nightclub in the city for one night you'd probably find the same version of that interaction dozens of times.

I still think the focus of the doco was JM.

The footage is so crap it could have been someone that was in the club the entire night. He could have walked around the corner and changed shirts. Who knows.

Driver of car behind the three men never came forward
Driver of car CG was talking to never came forward
MM never came forward
Driver of car JR (must have) got in never came forward
Man in back of cab with Steve Ross never came forward
Woman in back of cab with Steve Ross/Clegg and man that got out in Dalkeith never came forward

That's a lot of people.

Don't you think at the very least you'd remember pulling over to talk to CG or getting a cab with SS the night before she disappeared? Was she in the car with two complete randoms?

Regarding the Dalkeith woman, Droc in the BF thread was asked by another user "What is significant about Dalkeith Leon" (his name backwards) in a patronizing tone. I have still never worked that out. Was it a reference to this story above?

Seriously.. MM is either ridiculously important and it's been covered up. Or he's ridiculously unimportant and that's why the footage came out 12 years later. Given that it's the most expensive and longest running murder investigation in Australia, which do you think it is??

Not long now anyway with familial DNA testing of all POI's involved in the investigation.

The only one they can't test is Mystery Man. Yet police still confident they will solve it. He must be very important.

From BF thread:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/claremont-serial-killings.985161/page-101

Droc post on 12 March 2015 (page 101)

"And the link to animals mentioned earlier, and the killing of animals! You were a slaughter man were you not!"

I'd be looking at this connection carefully.

Wondering why the ex mate of Droc has an ongoing odd and very public predilection for liking YouTube videos such as Cloud Atlas (limited to Somni 451 section and Xultation), stun gun reaction videos, soundtrack from the Zodiac serial killer movie, naked women covered in green paint, IP masking and an Aztec death whistle. Almost forgot the cake knife and the cryptic distasteful comments on FB. Must love the attention despite it all being very sick.

https://m.youtube.com/user/tonetonix

I have a Question....

I'm pretty sure only those Interviewed, and that 700 were told to keep a tight lid on it.

I think MM was a red herring and the real point of the show was to get JM's face on the tv.

The footage is so crap it could have been someone that was in the club the entire night. He could have walked around the corner and changed shirts. Who knows.

Driver of car behind the three men never came forward
Driver of car CG was talking to never came forward
MM never came forward
Driver of car JR (must have) got in never came forward
Man in back of cab with Steve Ross never came forward
Woman in back of cab with Steve Ross/Clegg and man that got out in Dalkeith never came forward

That's a lot of people.

Don't you think at the very least you'd remember pulling over to talk to CG or getting a cab with SS the night before she disappeared? Was she in the car with two complete randoms?

Regarding the Dalkeith woman, Droc in the BF thread was asked by another user "What is significant about Dalkeith Leon" (his name backwards) in a patronizing tone. I have still never worked that out. Was it a reference to this story above?

Seriously.. MM is either ridiculously important and it's been covered up. Or he's ridiculously unimportant and that's why the footage came out 12 years later. Given that it's the most expensive and longest running murder investigation in Australia, which do you think it is??

The only way I can see MM being ridiculously important is if those questioned that were standing at the front when those car headlights come pulling up, Id'd MM as being the driver of that vehicle. The group then move forward to it only to be waved back to see JR step forward, Otherwise It's just because of the smile she gave. I can't think of anything else. And maybe the reason the end of that footage disappeared upon initial release, is because it is very important. Someone pointed out the time stamp had been changed to the original so I believe it to be doctored. I'm pretty sure BillyWhiz showed me some footage that was nearly full in length but not quite. I have a very good memory and watched that footage at least 20 times. Especially the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper