Clever or Lucky?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clever or Lucky

• Total voters
She was no innocent pawn- I think we all know that. But it has to be considered that maybe it wasn't her husband who was the molester but her son(s). In that case she WOULD certainly try to cover it up.

Very true, but you also have to consider the fact that multi millionaire husbands aren't easy to find, and maybe Patsy was okay putting up with John diddling around with JB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true, but you also have to consider the fact that multi millionaire husbands aren't easy to find, and maybe Patsy was okay putting up with John diddling around with JB.

Sadly, she wouldn't be the first.

To paraphrase a judge from "Law & Order:"

As eloquent as your counsel was in your behalf, you are not the victim here, Mrs. Ramsey. As for you, sir, from this seat, I thought I had witnessed every degradation, every monstrosity possible, but you, Mr. Ramsey, are beyond contempt. You have helped a woman destroy herself. You engineered the tragedy of a little girl's death. But you took pretty good care of yourself, didn't you?

Sadly, she wouldn't be the first.

To paraphrase a judge from "Law & Order:"

As eloquent as your counsel was in your behalf, you are not the victim here, Mrs. Ramsey. As for you, sir, from this seat, I thought I had witnessed every degradation, every monstrosity possible, but you, Mr. Ramsey, are beyond contempt. You have helped a woman destroy herself. You engineered the tragedy of a little girl's death. But you took pretty good care of yourself, didn't you?
Or, to paraphrase another:

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks. You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!

(Sorry, SD. Reminded me too much of another soliloquy. RIP, Jerome Silberman, aka: Gene Wilder.)

I'm gonna go with mostly lucky, in that they were blessed enough to have $$$ to purchase a high-powered attorney, PR firm and all the rest. They were also lucky the Boulder PD on the scene that morning were inept and let the place be trampled.

But I also think they had some knowledge of true crime from the books found in their home and their movie preferences (which were referenced in the ransom note). That Mind Hunter book by that FBI guy was found next to the Ramsey bed as if someone was actively reading it at the time of the murder, according to Steve Thomas's book. And it contained references to a case eerily similar to JBR's I believe (don't quote me on that).

So my assessment is 70% luck; 30% cleverness.

I'm gonna go with mostly lucky, in that they were blessed enough to have $$$ to purchase a high-powered attorney, PR firm and all the rest. They were also lucky the Boulder PD on the scene that morning were inept and let the place be trampled.

But I also think they had some knowledge of true crime from the books found in their home and their movie preferences (which were referenced in the ransom note). That Mind Hunter book by that FBI guy was found next to the Ramsey bed as if someone was actively reading it at the time of the murder, according to Steve Thomas's book. And it contained references to a case eerily similar to JBR's I believe (don't quote me on that).

So my assessment is 70% luck; 30% cleverness.

And 100% perseverance.

I say they're lucky, for the same reason Casey Anthony was lucky. They're lucky that our Constitution is as defendant-friendly as it is. They're lucky that they couldn't be forced to come down to the station, separated, and grilled until somebody spilled the beans, before they had a chance to get their stories straight, demand written questions, and see the police reports. This damn presumption of innocence has allowed many a guilty party to go unpunished. Not to mention the Fifth Amendment. The right to remain silent. Spousal privilege. Not only did these legalities provide them with extensive rights, but they provided a shield behind which they could be granted even greater rights (such as an "island of privacy" with respect to medical records) by a legal system that was reluctant to prosecute such apparently upstanding and influential members of society.

Lucky. They had the social standing and income to insulate themselves. The police made mistakes in not treating the entire house as a crime scene and preventing friends and neighbors from contaminating it. They treated the Ramsey family differently than they would have treated parents in a low-income neighborhood. They had Lou Smit who may have meant well but who was in the "Ramseys Are Innocent" camp all the way. Mary Lacy. The DA. All of these were sympathetic and reluctant to prosecute. Plus the law was on their side altogether if BR was the perpetrator of the crime, because he could not be prosecuted.

I say lucky because with the staging, they tried to point away from themselves. It only pointed back at them however. And, they got away with it.

They're the kind of people to park in a handicapped spot and never get tagged.

I say lucky because with the staging, they tried to point away from themselves. It only pointed back at them however. And, they got away with it.

They're the kind of people to park in a handicapped spot and never get tagged.

Like you say, Ambitioned, they didn't outsmart the cops, they out-lawyered them.

I like Walter the Dummy's solution to that problem!

Like you say, Ambitioned, they didn't outsmart the cops, they out-lawyered them.

I like Walter the Dummy's solution to that problem!
I would say Patsy outsmarted them in the interviews but John certainly didn't. He didn't need to. He basically had Smit and Kane leading him and feeding him the answers they wanted from him.

I would say Patsy outsmarted them in the interviews but John certainly didn't. He didn't need to. He basically had Smit and Kane leading him and feeding him the answers they wanted from him.

There's that too!

There's that too!

SuperDave. I know I asked the name of your book way back when it first came out, but life has a way of interfering , and I'm just now getting back to it. I've just finished Kolar's book and have see so many others, and not sure which one was yours and which one are not worth the time or money ie anything John and Pasty Ramsey has penned.

TIA

ILPB

SuperDave. I know I asked the name of your book way back when it first came out, but life has a way of interfering , and I'm just now getting back to it. I've just finished Kolar's book and have see so many others, and not sure which one was yours and which one are not worth the time or money ie anything John and Pasty Ramsey has penned.

TIA

ILPB

I believe this is SuperDave's book. It better be, anyway, I ordered it the other day! Hasn't arrived yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1618...F8&qid=1484178632&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIA

ILPB

Droll Foreign Faction was kind enough to provide!

The little girl pictured on the cover has brown hair.

That was the picture the publishing company showed me for the cover and it conveyed the right feeling for the reader.

BTW, JonBenet's hair was naturally brown.

That was the picture the publishing company showed me for the cover and it conveyed the right feeling for the reader.

BTW, JonBenet's hair was naturally brown.

Going to order it in the morning...well it is 3:10am, so maybe about 8 am. Then will be mad that I dont have it for this ice storm! Cannot wait to read it! Thanks SuperDave

Going to order it in the morning...well it is 3:10am, so maybe about 8 am. Then will be mad that I dont have it for this ice storm! Cannot wait to read it! Thanks SuperDave

It's not just me. A lot of the good folks here at WS had a hand in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back