VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 4m4 minutes ago
#McStay - Rodriguez: "Since when does the defense not have an obligation to find out what the court's rulings are..?"

D7wc7CTU0AAtxy_.png

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 3m3 minutes ago
#McStay - The judge said, "Mentioning potential failure to call potentially logical witnesses is a fair comment on the evidence and certainly people can respond that defense had equal opportunity to locate and call Mr. Kavanaugh." Rodriguez reminds the judge about his ruling.

D7wbW_pUwAAqDgp.png

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
#McStay - Rodriguez tells the judge this was the very reason he allowed the defense to call their investigator to testify on his attempts to locate Kavanaugh and there is a jury instruction related to that. Judge Smith: "Well, apparently I did not recall that...."

D7wbxZzUYAAbndF.png
My gawd! How could this judge "forget" his ruling not to mention Dan K in closing arguments. DK and his absence was a vital part of the trial. What is wrong with this judge? He allowed defense to get away with contempt.

McGee is as dishonest as Merritt claiming to not be aware of the Judge's ruling. I consider him downright sleazy now.

If I understand rightly, defense attorneys are considered ‘officers of the court’, too. So isn’t Maline at fault, too? He certainly has no excuse for not knowing the judge’s earlier ruling.

But you can’t unring a bell....

Wow low point in the trial

The judge really screwed up in the face of a dodgy defense lawyer
How did you feel about the either or? His admonishment or letting the PT address it.
To me you can't unring the bell .
I think it would be better if the PT had said we will address it. Jury needs to hear that he was ruled out as a suspect and if the DT was so convinced of possible guilt THEY should have called him.
Also underline how it's not difficult in this day and age to find people.

How did you feel about the either or? His admonishment or letting the PT address it.
I think it would be better if the PT had said we will address it. Jury needs to hear that he was ruled out as a suspect and if the DT was so convinced of possible guilt THEY should have called him.
Judge must address this to the jury. He allowed a serious infraction. PERIOD!

Judge needs to speak in court

He has been used as a doormat

I think Imes should have answered, “Both.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members