VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have to adjust my earbuds one-time. With defense it was up and down.

interesting... I think it's the first time ever that I was able to listen at work without my ear buds and still be able to hear. Only put in my headphones when others were around so they didn't think I was a wackadoo haha

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I can get past the truck. I can get past the "not going in" to the residence with Mike McStay. I can get past the pings/no pings, no alibi. I can even get past the not reporting them missing. I can get past the "were they murdered in the house or in the desert?" The dogs being fed/not fed. Summer liking/hating Chase and vice versa. All of that.

I just can't get past the lack of calling Joey right after he disappeared, given CM and JM's calling patterns. If that was the only thing riding on my decision, I'd think he wasn't guilty BARD. It's the cancelling of the Quickbooks account. Pretending to be JM to cancel something, considering there were contracts outstanding, vendors with balances, customers with balances. There was no evidence brought forth that there was to be an account migration, or how the vendors would be paid, customers would be invoiced etc. You just don't shut down an active company account when you have all of this business going on. And why would you have multiple cheques made out to yourself when your boss had just given you one that you deposited?

And why would all of this activity occur, and then be backdated to the 4th specifically? If this was all legit, approved by Joey, why not any other day on the calendar other than the day he goes missing? I can't see that as coincidence. He backdated them for a reason. He backdated them because he knew Joey and Summer's phones were not going to show any normal activity after that. What he didn't know was how long it would take people to discover they were missing. If he dated them for the 6th and they were reported missing on the 5th, he would be caught. He had no choice but to backdate them. He couldn't be sure there wouldn't be an immediate search, or what was going to happen in the first few days after he murdered them.

It's too bad he didn't call Joey constantly, like he had before he gone missing. He would have seemed more believable. He made himself a suspect by doing things out of the ordinary. And he would have got away with it, if it hadn't been for those pesky unaligned cheques.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan was not an authorized user on quickbooks, so, he never would have seen those checks. What a load of horse poop. Then saying that joey showed Chase how to doctor the quickbooks on his 4 year olds computer. Like he kept his accounting
software on his 4 years olds computer. Right, doesn't everyone?
Oh, and Chase never mentioned this to anyone, not his girlfriend, Mike, Susan or law enforcement.

It just comes out now, in closing. Sheesh.

It looked like the defense gave up on accusing DK in closing, or did I miss something?

When McGee was trying to say that Chase was the only person in the world who could do the pumps on a waterfall, I was surprised that he said Chase was ticked in response to (as he claims) MSM trying to muscle in on his business. Showing the defendant getting angry is a mistake.

It seems like the entire defense strategy relies on the story that Chase was told to write checks to himself and was never getting fired... oh and he was told by Joey to delete QB to hide all of the records. Not sure the jury will buy it.

haha too late! :p if my calculations are right, if WS's is representative of the jury.... that would mean at least one person would vote not guilty on the jury, and then if you add me in... I would be in the corner in the fetal position saying I don't wanna decide haha
I was actually trying to do the math last night but got a headache, so thank you. And no corners for you.

haha too late! :p if my calculations are right, if WS's is representative of the jury.... that would mean at least one person would vote not guilty on the jury, and then if you add me in... I would be in the corner in the fetal position saying I don't wanna decide haha

You know that, if you vote, you can change your vote, right? At least we could in the earlier poll.

To be fair and truly objective (because this is a death penalty case) I wanted to wait for closing arguments before I voted on the poll. I will wait, but the Defense's closing so far is so painfully lame. His first bullet where he could have tackled a major point against the PT closing argument, was the improper tactic of evoking sympathy for the victims. It went downhill from there imo.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I can get past the truck. I can get past the "not going in" to the residence with Mike McStay. I can get past the pings/no pings, no alibi. I can even get past the not reporting them missing. I can get past the "were they murdered in the house or in the desert?" The dogs being fed/not fed. Summer liking/hating Chase and vice versa. All of that.

I just can't get past the lack of calling Joey right after he disappeared, given CM and JM's calling patterns. If that was the only thing riding on my decision, I'd think he wasn't guilty BARD. It's the cancelling of the Quickbooks account. Pretending to be JM to cancel something, considering there were contracts outstanding, vendors with balances, customers with balances. There was no evidence brought forth that there was to be an account migration, or how the vendors would be paid, customers would be invoiced etc. You just don't shut down an active company account when you have all of this business going on. And why would you have multiple cheques made out to yourself when your boss had just given you one that you deposited?

And why would all of this activity occur, and then be backdated to the 4th specifically? If this was all legit, approved by Joey, why not any other day on the calendar other than the day he goes missing? I can't see that as coincidence. He backdated them for a reason. He backdated them because he knew Joey and Summer's phones were not going to show any normal activity after that. What he didn't know was how long it would take people to discover they were missing. If he dated them for the 6th and they were reported missing on the 5th, he would be caught. He had no choice but to backdate them. He couldn't be sure there wouldn't be an immediate search, or what was going to happen in the first few days after he murdered them.

It's too bad he didn't call Joey constantly, like he had before he gone missing. He would have seemed more believable. He made himself a suspect by doing things out of the ordinary. And he would have got away with it, if it hadn't been for those pesky unaligned cheques.
Very nice, MsRyber, QuickBooks and checks says it all. Appreciate the common sense, of course. n:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay