Closing Arguments- thread #172

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adios amigas y amigos...off to wash dishes, watch HLN and feed the pets....my butt cannot this chair for one second more.

Ugh.. tomorrow.. Nurmi... Blah blah blah...eeaaaannnnnnnndddddd *crickets.........blahblahblah......

Whoa that was AMAZIIIINNGGG. Loved it. Esp. the end with the gas cans...who on the jury is gonna want to help the lying murdress carrying the gas cans out of the courtroom??

God Bless Juan Martinez...he gave Travis a voice today.....and it did it with as much sensitivity as humanly possible.

STANDING OVATION from me

Good Night my sleuthers...I'm emotional, sorry

He is brilliant. Amazing closing. I am utterly in awe. But I have to add this: my mama was a true crime aficionado. I borrowed 'Small Sacrifices' from her when I was 11 and never looked back. We watched a great many trials together and I've had to watch several without her. :( (Knowing she'd be shouting: Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!) I have never, not once, seen an attorney object during closing statements.

I think that says a lot for the caliber of this defense team...I actually lost count of Nurmi's objections.

:eek:fftobed:
Well midnight here and that was just the best night ever !!!

I wont be around til later but might miss Nurmi altogether

Night all and x

ok now im going back to catch up on the beginning. preparing myself for amazingness

Felony murder..easy peasy
Premeditated murder...easy peasy

not hard for the jury since JM has walked them through the instructions.

I hope when this trial is over we are privy to the closed hearing proceedings re LaViolette. Juan certainly was comfortable calling her a liar over and over in his closing. I suspect it had to do with whatever information was uncovered during this hearing.

arias looking nasty as usual and coloring on paper and gesticulating to wilmott and the mitigation asst. (oookay... )

also: don't forget.. wilmott may be up tomorrow but Juan has THE LAST WORD.

Links peeps to what I missed from 1:30 on ......

Is it Nurmi tomorrow. I might watch if it is him. If it's JW I'm going to go mow the lawn and have a tooth extracted or something

I had to leave for a bit....

Did Juan use

1)i'd beg for the death penalty
2)no jury will ever convict me
3)the pedophile stuff

THANKS, I really need to know lol

No on 1)

yes on 3)

I think he will definetly use 2) again in his rebuttal, I can see him closing with that.

might use "I'd beg for DP" during rebuttal but would definetly use it during penalty phase.

wilmott is still acting sneaky and passing notes with arias. I know she is her attorney but her behavior is disgusting to me. save it for the RECESS.

that "high school" note passing whispering only that side has done throughout really irritates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth