Closing arguments- thread #173

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, that woman grossed me out honestly. Why is she calling rather than her daughter who (according to her) actually loved with Jodi? Just another drunk looking for attention.
:floorlaugh:Schub .. :facepalm:

I don't know, that woman grossed me out honestly. Why is she calling rather than her daughter who (according to her) actually loved with Jodi? Just another drunk looking for attention.

I'm with ya .. attention seeking BS.

JM may have his critics, but how could anyone criticize the masterpiece he painted today for the jury? Anyone who is serious about their profession should take note of his passion, knowledge, organizational skills and obsession in obtaining justice for the Alexander family. I would hope that law professors take this closing and use it as an example of how closings should be done.

Detective Flores was spot on when telling Arias that JM was very good at what he does and I'm sure that Arias is now convinced of his brilliance despite her plight.

Bravo Juan, may the jury reward you with a guilty verdict of murder in the 1st and may Arias sit on Death Row wondering where it all went wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

In the interest of ear cleaning, I your ENT physician remove your restriction from watching Mr. Nurmi's closing arguments tomorrow.

Dr. Knowitall

PS...follow up appointment with psychiatrist will be scheduled PDQ.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
You have me rollin' here LOLOL You are sending me off to bed literally scaring my cat with my nonstop laughing LOLOL

I'm sure she did too, but Nurmi definitely objected to mischaracterisation of her testimony.
Will be more than interesting to see how the DT spin their closing argument. This issue especially.
Jodi definitely said on the stand that she returned the gas can to the same Walmart.

Glad to hear a few of you also thought that! She really looked defeated in the afternoon. Well, that's understandable, LOL

She was so unprofessional in the first part, but she just looked resigned in the afternoon session. Then again, she'll probably get over that tonight and by tomorrow, will become the JW we've seen over the last few months. Gasp.

Yes I saw it. I saw her whole demeanor change. She was slumped back in her chair and had such a sad look of fear mixed with desperation.

As I was doing a little web surfing just now, came across this post on Radar. Supposedly an exclusive about the email exchanges between the Hughes and TA back in 2007, in which they accuse TA of being a heart predator. I think the timing of this "exclusive" is suspicious. What do you think?

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/travis-alexander-heart-predator-accuses-friend-emails/

I think it's legit. Sky didn't go into details on TV the other night, but it certainly jives with what she said. I think she has tried to soften what that email said by appearing on TV. I think she did do damage with her email. I think she fueled JA's fire and we all know where that went.

It's kinda weird that there was a conference call and CH was boarding his plane to Cancun!

He texts (the guy on HLN, don't know his name), that Jodi is the #1 suspect.

If I found out my best friend died, i'd be on a plane, but not on one to Cancun. moo
Remember Travis was found late at night. The man was headed to Cancun with everyone else when they were notified. I guess the flight hadn't left yet.

I don't know, that woman grossed me out honestly. Why is she calling rather than her daughter who (according to her) actually lived with Jodi? Just another drunk looking for attention.
She said they did call and speak to Det Flores. I can't imagine someone would say that on national TV if she really hadn't spoken to him, but maybe
she is just looking for attention.

It was just...jaw dropping, in my opinion. Speaking hours on end, telling the story, with such emotion and emphasis. As you said, a gifted artist. Maricopa County residents are so lucky to have him. Dang, how will they ever replace him?

I'm having such difficulty even considering that Nurmi or Willmott could come up with a logical, reasonable closing that draws emotion and makes any sense. I just honestly cannot picture it. Maybe they can, but well, I'll be shocked.

yep, i laughed and cried during Juan's closing today. not even halfway thru i posted
'geeze, how lame and laughable will the defense closing be?' totally agree with you :seeya:

Okay yeah I said I was going to bed.....BUT we know Nurmi will rattle on ALL day tomorrow. So does that mean JM will be back up Monday? And then finally the jury will get the case?! Ughhhh this is taking over my life :facepalm:

So what's this about Nurmi being ill? Rumor or fact? Source? Ill as in a little cold or something more? TIA!

Reminds me of "if anything can go wrong, it will..." Murphy, go away!

You all are thinking Nurmi will do the DT close tomorrow? I doubt he could stand long enough.

Spoiler Alert!

When JA is convicted, her lawyers will be walking down the street, away from the courthouse....running hellbent-for-election, but never quite catching up will be JVM, breathing like a greyhound, screaming to them.....

Don't say I didn't warn ya. That nightmare is going to happen again....

Is Daniel Freeman friends with Travis's friends or family?
he should have given TRAVIS the "benefit of the doubt" how is he supposed to be Travis' friend and so loyal to JA? He didn't know she had changed her story? so he believed the NINJA story? so, you talk to the only person suspected of murdering your good friend and never even talk about Travis at all and what other things are there to discuss? lets see, how about " daniel, i will get out of here becuase i am 100% innocent and I will prove those mean friends of travis WRONG! in fact, i almost got killed by the ninjas, i am a victim! " and Daniel says to Jodi " well, he was mean and a lil "over the top" to you on that trip" He must feel like a ninCOWpoop !! how gulliBULL and naive can you get? I was surprised NG wasn't being nasty to Daniel.jeez Daniel, don't you think people are going to look at you differently because since TRavis's murder, in your quest to try to be fair to Jodi, you are alienating his family, his friends, his legacy ? You come onto national TV claiming to be TA's close friend but at the same time, visit JODI and support her? wait, you KNOW jodi, right?

Exactly, it's shameful what he is trying to do now. MOO I guess he wants in on the party where the family and friends of Travis have united and who we all feel sorry for. The ones who are getting the special treatment.

Also once this is over, which is just around the corner, all of those things that Nurmi had closed will now be opened. That I believe will include the jailhouse visits that Juan wanted public but Nurmi had shut tight quickly. That is going to show all those times Dan and his sister went to visit Jodi for years.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member