Closing arguments- thread #173

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fashion question...After tomorrow and the reading of the verdict, does Jodi get to come to court in prison clothes? Just wondering how many more days she gets to wear street clothes.

I asked exactly that on the legal thread a few weeks ago. LOL!! She'll get to wear street clothes at all court appearances including sentencing and then it's prison garb only for her.

Snipped:

Willmott was mouth agape laughing when they reconvened after lunch break. Her behavior in court, especially when JM is speaking is truly astonishing. I'd support sanctions in her case.

It's a strategy. They're all listening intently to everything that's said, but IMO are also trying to project disdain, disgust, and disbelief to the jury without having to say anything. IMO, even JW whispering with JA is a strategy. "Oh, this silly prosecutor has nothing of substance to say."

This was posted on another discussion but I wonder why JM didn't use this evidence in his efforts to show premeditation:

Quote: Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute
2 more : "dyed hair" ...

adding another : "NO receipts in Arizona" ...

adding another : "deleted camera photos" ...

What else ? Please add ...

I have to get back to studying -- but checking in with you peeps for updates !
another: On her way to Arizona, Jodi Arias borrowed $1500 from (paul stern) to fund her trip that included killing her ex boyfriend. Jodi Arias Trial - Interview With Man Who Gave Jodi Money - Dr Drew - YouTube
Mr. Stern's account is certainly indicative of JA's guilt.
:seeya:

I have always wondered by this Paul Stern didn't testify. Anybody know?

Anagrammy

If he laughed at that, I think it's because he made a motion specifically to preclude references to Travis being naked because it goes to a dp aggravating factor that's not at issue. I don't know whether he won or lost on the motion, but I can see him chuckling (not in a haha way) either way. jmo

Really? I did not know that and wonder how it is he would dream of such a motion when the evidence pics show TA naked? :scared:

Whatever his reason for chuckling, his demeanor in the courtroom is one of no class and disrespect. IMO

oh, okay. And this is different from the one the two wrote after they got lied to about Travis' sexual inclinations, correct?
:dunno: I thought they were told by the defense about "letters"
that TA wrote about his "issues".
I have no idea who he allegedly wrote them to.

Anyone remember Jodi in the interrogation room saying something like, "Still hate me, ___ ?"(something else I don't remember)

When she is fake crying trying not to look at Travis's bloody body, but then peeks through her hair to look, I picture her saying something like that in her head.

Anyone remember Jodi in the interrogation room saying something like, "Still hate me, ___ ?"(something else I don't remember)

When she is fake crying trying not to look at Travis's bloody body, but then peeks through her hair to look, I picture her saying something like that in her head.
Did she really say that ?

I am a sick sick girl...I did a bit of housework....with HLN on....I am unable to shut off the TV....:(

One of the programs had the mother? of a former roommate in Ca. Mother wanted to take out a protection order against Jodi.

I DO NOT like Holly Hughes. She just gets under my skin. Personally, I think Beth will land on her feet. She is by far the best legal analyst/crime report EVER in my opinion. I love her. Someone will grab her. Maybe she'll even get her own show. Wouldn't that be AWESOME!!!

Great job today Juan.
juanettes.gif
juanettes.gif
Let's go girls!!!

Me EITHER .. I cannot stand her either! Here's hoping there's someone starting up a rival network somewhere and they're going to give Beth her own show (I know .. but imagine an intelligent True Crime network with live trials, intelligent panels, documentaries .. oh we can wish can't we .. ) Beth should be their on the ground reporter. She is amazing :)

I don't know what I think about the CDs. I want to say if you're packing, why would you pack these CDs, just as JM pointed out. Others have mentioned that they have things in their bags that just stay with them all the time because they never clean their bags out.

But, I do kind of believe it's a stretch that she moved away, packed her stuff, unpacked her stuff and set up a new life in Yreka, and these CDs of her old life with Travis somehow stayed in her bag that she carries with her all the time. The idea that the CDs got in her bag in the first place is in question for me. Who made the CD and where? If she made it at home, which I assume because she's a "photographer" and probably has software, why was it in her bag? who was she going to show it to or where was she taking it that it would just "be in her bag" incidentally?

I assume this was a trip she took with Travis before she moved. When was this trip? How is it that Travis didn't get copies or didn't see this CD before she moved? Could it be because the CD hadn't been made yet and she made the CD while she was in Yreka with the plan of giving it to him when he visited? Then when there was no hope of him visiting, she did put it in her bag to take on her deadly trip? Maybe to "remind" him of their good times on trips so she could talk him into letting her go to cancun? I'm not saying take Mimi's ticket. I'm saying BUY Jodi her own ticket.

Could it be that Travis actually did throw that CD against the wall because he knew it was a ploy?

That purple dressed gal #3 on HLN is extra annoying. Anyone else watching her? Are these real people or are they 'actors' on their After Dark program?

oh, okay. And this is different from the one the two wrote after they got lied to about Travis' sexual inclinations, correct?

Yes .. this is very early in the relationship between Jodi and Travis .. I guess the other ones will come out now too ..

Yup, I've often felt about asking where MM and DB are ?

And also, where is Angela and JA's other siblings. I heard quite some time ago that Angela (the dumb stupid sister) has left the country. That was probably just a rumor. But MM seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. Interesting. Guess we'll never know .... hmmmmm??

HLN is trash IMO. Good only if you miss portions of a live streamed trial. LOL

It reminds me of a station here, CBC. Everyone turns on CBC to watch HNIC, then avoids the station the rest of the week. :floorlaugh:

OMG You're comparing the CBC to HLN? :floorlaugh:
I love you Nhic!! I really really do! :seeya:

Our tax dollars at work :drumroll:

That's cause she's innocent right, and you the jury are not going to convict her right? - JM

Talking about the Pricewise/Budget car rental.

I wanted to see JM build a foundation for two things:

1. JA abusing Josh Freeman's suicide dynamics in order to paint Travis as a pedophile, and
  2. JA testifying that she feared for TA to be around children, when in reality JA herself was the focus of the Hughes' fears regarding their children.

I didn't think we would see this yet.

Perhaps in his rebuttal of the Defense's closing argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg