Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi will have at least as much time as Juan did yesterday.

I think that at one of their 'in chamber' pow-wows last week the judge made them estimate their time needed for closings. Then she added in the time need for jury instructions and this allowed her to come up with the schedule she laid out.:twocents:

Guys, I really should clean a bit and get something done on my day off. But I can't seem to move from here.

There will be plenty of time to clean after this trial and before Andrea Sneiderman starts. :fence:

Guys, I really should clean a bit and get something done on my day off. But I can't seem to move from here.

Me either. And I have to get something done today!

Also, I have a computer question from some of the experts here...how come everytime I try to watch a youtube video lately my computer freezes? What do I need to delet to fix that? or is it not space on my computer problem? I am illiterate when it comes to the computer. I turn it on and pray for the best after that!

Thanks!

K

I also read an earlier post that suggested that in 2008 there was only 1 Walmart in Salinas. I would think if the defense could prove that she returned the gas can to another Walmart anywhere in the US they would have done so when the Walmart person testified for the prosecution Not to say that Nurmi couldn't just throw that possibility out there in his closing to try to cause doubt.

The time to do this is during the trial. Not after. Even if she only had two, nothing changes. She told Brewer she was going to Arizona.

Is it just me or was anyone else confused by JM jumping from "she brought the gun" right into "she stole the gun from Travis" if there is anyone on the jury hunting for an excuse to acquit or convict of a lesser offense I am afraid they could use that. I am so nervous she is going to walk.

Basically he was just trying to say that either story you want to believe makes her guilty of murder 1. Premeditated if she stole the gun from gpa or felony if she stole the gun from TA. The jury doesn't have to agree on which type of M1.

HLN bleeped dildo? Are you kidding me? And they don't just bleep the word, they bleep many words around it.

Have I told you lately, HLN sucks?

Oh drat, I like HLN. And they really stepped up imo by showing all the closing argument without any commercials. Unbelievable. Plus I really, really like Vinnie, Ryan Smith, Joey Jackson, Nancy, and Beth, even Dr. Drew. But I don't like regular T.V. much at all, so that doesn't leave much else to watch.

When rewatching some of the juror questions when JA was on the stand, one of the questions was about the number of times she had attempted suicide (paraphrasing the question). JA herself said that she had only attempted once, with the razor, the rest of the times were only ideation. Big word there for someone who just likes to use it as a manipulation tool imho. Then Dr. D mentioned the amount of ideation in the journals etc that showed that JA used suicide as a manipulation tool to get her way. Again, paraphrashing there but what I got out of the whole thing. So you could be dead on with the final moments of TA's life. The picture of him sitting in the shower, he seems so resigned. Could it have been the moment he realized that he couldn't be held hostage to the 'suicide' issue anymore?

K

BBM. Einstein has a clear case of Fresman-itis in my view. Freshmen tend to view academic writing as the height of obfuscation. They often fill their papers with high-powered vocabulary, though they usually have little understanding of what the words mean or of their proper usage.

Appearances are everything for her, even in communication. She wants to put a "learned" face on her speech, but it is a transparent facade.

Yep, I've got the Cheetos! Will you share the Twizzlers? I've had a craving since whoever brought them the first time.

Of course... I have little doubt I brought them up ... I am obsessed. Have one of those gigantic buckets on my desk. When happy hour hits... I bite both ends offa' one and use it like a vodka straw. Ya know... cuz I'm a grown up.

BBM
I agree! I think there was far more going on in chambers with ALV than we know about. Any decent lawyer would object to their witness being called a liar, unless there is a reason he felt he couldn't!

That's exactly what Juan got out of it, being able to call her out on her lies during closing and the defense cannot object. imo

If Nurmi tries to say that, I submit that Juan should print out and enlarge on the screen her EXACT words which clearly stated she returned it to the SAME walmart she bought it from. So that would give her ONE MORE LIE in front of the jury.

When Nurmi objected yesterday saying Juan was misrepresenting the testimony, Juan clarified his statement by saying, You guys remember me saying to Jodi, "would you be surprised if I told you THAT Walmart doesn't have ANY RECORDS of ANY gas cans being returned to THAT store on THAT DAY? And she said, yes, it would surprise me, because I did! Juan did a great job on that question, and gave her no wiggle room!

Exactly. I watched her closely when the graphic neck pictures and back wounds were shown to the jury and she always had to sneak a peek at them and then she would turn away and act all sad. She really enjoys seeing pictures of what she has done. It is sickening and she needs to be punished for what she has done.

She should have admitted guilt and thrown herself at the mercy of the court a long time ago but she is just not that way. She will continue to deny all the way to her single cell.

The way Jodi goes about peaking at the crime scene and autopsy photos is how criminal profilers describe serial killers, mass killers, arsonists and all the other psychopathic killers behave.

These sick individuals will often visit their victims graves, keep tokens of the victim/murder or revisit the scene bc these acts give them a secondary rush of pleasure they felt when they were actually committing the murder.

This is the only reason Jodi peeks at those graphic photos and why her tears are not real, IMO.

I must admit that I am getting nervous. I remember the CA trial and we were on verdict watch. My father looked at me and said "she will not be found guilty" In my mind I was saying "STFU Dad." Sure enough he called it. :stormingmad:

It gives me some hope that he has NOT said anything like that about this trial.

Jurors do your job and do right by the Alexander family :please:

I know how you feel. I am very paranoid due to the CA trial, (and still in shock that witch walked). I have not been thinking she will walk, but am worried about the manslaughter charge which can carry as little as 7 years. Yesterday was the first time I allowed myself to have hope on the 1st degree charge. Juan was brilliant, He showed it was premedicated in my opinion.

I must admit that I am getting nervous. I remember the CA trial and we were on verdict watch. My father looked at me and said "she will not be found guilty" In my mind I was saying "STFU Dad." Sure enough he called it. :stormingmad:

It gives me some hope that he has NOT said anything like that about this trial.

Jurors do your job and do right by the Alexander family :please:

I lost some serious faith in the "Justice" system with the CA case. I am as well nervous, this is the first case since CA that I have let myself get this invested in. I am Praying for the Alexander Family.

Whatever the outcome of this trial, this has to be one of the finest JM moments. :floorlaugh:

BJWKqAmCcAAOsGW.jpg:small

He should say, " She's too pretty to put to death", rest his case and sit down. She'll receive life and everybody can call it a day.

I also read an earlier post that suggested that in 2008 there was only 1 Walmart in Salinas. I would think if the defense could prove that she returned the gas can to another Walmart anywhere in the US they would have done so when the Walmart person testified for the prosecution Not to say that Nurmi couldn't just throw that possibility out there in his closing to try to cause doubt.

Even if he does try, Juan can object. Nurmi can't talk about anything during the close that wasnt presented into evidence during the trial. He chose not to cross examine Amanda Webb, and they could have brought in their own witness during surrebuttal if they had any evidence to support her returning the gas can to another Walmart.

Even if he succeeds in confusing the jury, they can refer back to her testimony to clarify what she said.

Why don't we ASSUME the jury will do exactly as they are instructed and give them the benefit of the doubt?

WHY saddle THEM with a load from another jury and another case from two years ago?

Would anyone here want to be treated as if they weren't a cogent, respectable, law-abiding person who can and will follow the judge's instructions? Would anyone here want to be compared to some other group--a group that has nothing to do with the current jury?

No way.

Don't 'hope' the jury follows what the judge tells them to do. ASSUME they will!

And if there is blame in that last case...well...good 'ol Judge Melvin Blowhard Perry assured the acquittal as much as anyone. HE even picked some of the jurors, allowing jurors who openly said they didn't think it was "fair" to judge someone. Further, he directly impacted the jury instructions and confused the jury with all the charges. :banghead:

Sorry I've been at work and finally got 2 days off. I'm unable to follow this case closely as work and sleuthing just don't mix well lol...

Could someone please tell me when closing arguments will resume today EST. I'd like to watch.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member