Closing arguments- thread #173

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.......is that what had TA all angry with her in that last text??

I think it could be. It had to be something really bad for TA to have been that mad. And I think it was something immoral for him to feel she had betrayed him. jmo

That's a great theory. It would certainly explain all the unaccounted for moolah.

That's just Dwane Cates. Pay him no mind. He's the one that gave Nurmi the idea to say Jodi returned the can to a different Walmart even though Jodi herself said already she returned it to the same Walmart.

I don't understand the logic also that the chaotic nature of the murder scene also means it wasn't premeditated. Murder is messy business, no? It doesn't mean it wasn't planned.
It clear that Jodi completely underestimated Travis's will to live and didn't expect him to fight the way he did. I do believe she attacked him in shower in an effort to contain the crime scene and limit clean up. Assuming the stab to the heart came first, she most likely expected it to incapacitate or kill him immediately, and when that didn't happen, all hell broke loose.

No worries...its probably the same one who has been spouting that stuff for over a month now....pffffftttt

---------
I agree! look at the astronaut (sp) who drove from Texas to Fla. to get at the other woman? Some of those T/H drive me nuts. Especially J. Whinetraub! you can tell as soon as she opens her mouth shes DT..she wore depends so no stops! :floorlaugh: :seeya:

Well she did ... She already had the knife .. She wanted to feeeeeeel it IMO she wanted to sink the knife into his flesh .. She took the gun because she was worried he'd overpower her so had it for backup .. She shot him to make sure he was dead and because she wanted to keep killing him.

I agree. Her anger at his final resolution to get her out of his life meant she wanted the killing to be personal and painful. A knife is much more personal than a gun. I believe the gun was a back up, just in case, and she shot him because his body expelled the air in his lungs after his death and she thought he might still be alive.

I think you mean Dan and Desiree Freeman.

And yes, Joshua was purportedly close to the lightly-friended sociopath, and vice-versa.

Is that where she got the idea for the self-help pedophile pamphlets she claims to have given TA for "his issues", as she test-lied under oath?

Smart money says so...

Yeah, I went back and corrected my OP. I meant Dan. Who's doing the "purporting"?

All the THs keep saying if JA wanted to kill TA why not when she got there with the gun. Too much noise and she wanted to use her knife. Why only one shot? Because she had to silence his death sounds as roomate came home, before he came into the house. JMHO

About 5 minutes into croakerqueen's part 2 of day 55, JM is talking about Jodi standing there, watching Travis for 45 seconds without saying anything. JM goes, "Who does that?" and Jodi practically busted out laughing to herself.

http://youtu.be/1XJsW-_hmFY?t=5m

Yeah, true.

She could of wrote it out and handed it over to MM who would then write it.

Bull....bet Jodi herself wrote it.

And what was she doing hanging with an ex-boy friend when she was with Travis?

She even managed to get in the cat scratches and not killing bugs...Just like she told Det. Flores....she wrote it.

The part where Juan pointed out that Travis could see Jodi stabbing him in the mirror was particularly heart wrenching.

I have never believed Travis knew she was coming. Why on earth would he invite her over (much less guilt her into it) a week after saying she was evil, a psychopath, and the worst thing to ever happen to him? Never made sense to me.

I'll see your gopher and raise you a
250px-Pr%C3%A4riehund_P1010308.JPG
(Cynomys ludovicianus).

Well I watched 3/4 of JM's closing and have hope. He really pulled at the heart stings. I'm gonna skip Nurmi tomorrow in favor of doing laundry. Yes, you read that right. I'd prefer to do laundry over listening to Nurmi or Wilcott. :scared:

Hey thanks for the idea. I was going to watch paint dry rather than listen to Wilmot or Nurmi :gasp: but now that you mention is, doing laundry sounds more fun. :floorlaugh:

Juan had a co-pilot today - angel wings on his shoulder! When he referred to the blood smear in the hallway as a 'rainbow arch'...I lost it.
If JA had a conscience, she would not have been able to stay in that courtroom during Juan's flawless re-creation of the heinous murder she committed. She has no remorse and will never beg for Travis's forgiveness. Rotten to the core!

I agree! If Juan's walk through the murder wasn't exactly right, I believe it was VERY close to what actually happened. Must freak her out to know they can put together the scenario so completely with her having planned it out thinking she had covered all her tracks. (gas, car rental, "robbery" of the 25 caliber, etc)

He was saying she was lying and faking about that so easily as she's lying and faking before the jury.

Wonder if the men on the jury with SO's asked them tonight "Have you been faking?" "You have? What else have you been lying about?"

I think it could be. It had to be something really bad for TA to have been that mad. And I think it was something immoral for him to feel she had betrayed him. jmo

Agreed. Along with being angry, he sounded humiliated at the same time. I also think she has tapes/pics/videos of every man who has been within 2 feet of her. Locked away somewhere, for future use to use against them.

It was bizarrely TMI on the stand. But since you asked sincerely, I'd say optional only in general for women (but optional, sure!). Individual differences might have some ladies needing extra stimulation, though, so I wouldn't be very surprised to hear a friend say that or something.

JA offering that up on the stand seemed very strange, though, I thought. Probably her demeanor!

I guess she didn't have earphone, bluetooth, speaker phone.....

I don't know that a woman needs two hands because she needs extra simulation, but I'd be way across the border of TMI to explain a couple of reasons a woman might need two hands.

I have to say I'm somewhat looking forward to Nurmi's closing. I thought he was much more dynamic during his "keep your eye on the ball judge" argument than he was at any other point. Just in terms of his ability to deliver argument, I think you guys are selling him short.

Shouldn't you be rewriting your final arguement JW?
J/K!!

Okay...another defense attorney just gave his :twocents:

According to him, it cannot be premeditated because nobody would steal a gun, then drive 1000 miles to kill someone with a knife.

I must be dumber four months into this mess, because I honestly don't understand this. Anyone willing to help decode? TIA.

Such a mind blowing idiotic statement for that defense attorney to make! The blond defense attorney (Holly?) on HLN has said the same thing in the past. I shake my head every time. It's such a dumb statement - it's insulting that she even thinks anybody would be stupid enough to buy it.

I think Jodi thought the cops would think it was two killers by using two weapons. From what I've seen it's unusual for a single killer to use two different weapons.

Then when they could prove that she was there she came up with the ninja stoy. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member