Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so sorry for every other prosecutor in any trial from now on.
The comment will forever be
yeah he's good but he's no JM.
The bar got notched up considerably yesterday in AZ.

This really ticks me off. Last night I watched a bit of HLN, and a female Def attorney from Ariz. suggested...well, I'll paraphrase what she said here:

" We've seen some crazy things happen in this trial, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Def makes a motion to "Have The Last Word", this judge has given in to them "

Now, in the past hour HLN is running the clip of this Sound-Bite, by this Talking Head, knowing that the Def Team monitors HLN, almost like she's telling them to request this....sickening

[Wonder if Einstein regrets some of her smart a$$ testimony yet? :floorlaugh:[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if "Einstein" gets it yet, but I'll bet her attorney's do.

Too bad that Jodi couldn't be charged with the cash she stole out of Travis' jean pockets and we all know she did it...or worse. Those Ninjas getting into her jeans' pockets and taking 4 twenties...Jodi likes to flaunt a bit of truth in all her fiction at times. Like her kleptomania.

[Wonder if Einstein regrets some of her smart a$$ testimony yet? :floorlaugh:

I'm not sure if "Einstein" gets it yet, but I'll bet her attorney's do.[/QUOTE]

Oh , IMO you could definitely see in Wilmotts face yesterday , defeat, resignation...she knows.... go back and look at her face by the end of the day...
I am not worried about the defense even if they do end up getting a last word as we have been hearing they can ask for... Juan has this and I am confident..

The part of Juan's closing statement where he paints the picture of what happened during the killing is so powerful, and what does JA do? She sits there with that "poor me" expression on her face. Not once has there been any genuine remorse or any real tears. If you had really done such a heinous thing to someone you cared for surely you would be sobbing your heart out . She has cold, dead eyes and a cold, dead heart and the DP should be the ONLY outcome.

Amazingly she seemingly cries to the stabbing he is describing in detail yet she has no memory of it....riiiiiiiigggghhhhht

This really ticks me off. Last night I watched a bit of HLN, and a female Def attorney from Ariz. suggested...well, I'll paraphrase what she said here:

" We've seen some crazy things happen in this trial, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Def makes a motion to "Have The Last Word", this judge has given in to them "

I heard her say that, but if that happens, I'll eat my car. The State has the burden of proof and always gets the last word for that reason. JSS can't go changing the rules because this is a DP case, or just because the DT asks for it. There are DP cases tried all over the country and The State always has the last word.

My guess is that Nurmi will spend the bulk of his 5 hours trying to explain away the multitude of "coincidences" and rely heavily on the testiphony of the defense experts.
I wouldn't want to be in his shoes today ...

I can't see any significant changes to their continuous mantra of abuse, sex fiend using Jodi, pedo claims, and otherwise trashing of Travis. Much of it will be the same old same old character assassination and dirty little secret claims. He will also attempt to discredit Dr. DeMarte while boosting ALV to some kind of status. I tend to think, don't ask why, that Nurmi is much smarter and much more crafty than Wilmott and will attempt to avoid things that look really bad for Jodi boo.

What I do see that has changed is the addition of the manslaughter charge due to sudden quarrel or heat of passion. The defense has slowly shifted to this heat of passion stuff during their cross of rebuttal witnesses. It has been subtle but they have been changing the story for a while, since they realized the self defense junk was possibly not going to fly. I look for Nurmi to focus on quarrels and the heat of passion aspects with respect to the actual murder of Travis.

It is however going to be a very hard sell as JM masterfully presented a compelling pre-emptive strike against that theory by putting up and leaving up the last picture of Travis before he was slaughtered - the one sitting in the shower. No way around his vulnerability displayed by that photo. JM read the tea leaves, he knows where Nurmi will go, as such, he has already laid out the guantlet, be careful where you tread Nurmi - JM is not done.

That is exactly what I got out of the 2nd half of closing. Wilmont looked like she aged from morning to afternoon, looked defeated. She also stopped taking notes and probably was thinking "what am I sitting next to." I also did not see the bff interaction when court was over with JA and Wilmont whispering and giggling.

Great observation. :rockon:

I saw the same thing between the two of them. Wilmott was also exhausted and her true self came out. I think Wilmott's job during this trial was to pacify and keep Jodi happy so she won't scream incompetent council after the verdict. Jodi is a handful and must be the center of attention like a 5 year old child.

Look what happens when you try to abandon Jodi. :stormingmad:

Good morning folks! After a "Juan-derful" day yesterday I am truly excited to MISS the defense's closing! I'll be watching here and look forward to your play by play! lol.

Now, in the past hour HLN is running the clip of this Sound-Bite, by this Talking Head, knowing that the Def Team monitors HLN, almost like she's telling them to request this....sickening

If the DT gets the last word, so what? what can they say? "If I killed Travis, I'd beg for the death penalty"? I think they've pretty much used up all their words. and their clients words arent too helpful. JMO

Can someone post or point me where I can see/hear Jodi's testimony regarding returning the gas cans? I MUST hear it for myself again before I listen to Nurmi's spin on it today. Thanks.

She can buy a lot of blue eye shadow and Clownish :clown::clown: ruffle blouses with all that money.

BBM - THANK YOU!

That was driving me CRAZY yesterday. She looked like she was hitting the club RIGHT after court or something... :facepalm: who does that??

Well, as Juan said "What's a girl to do?" :banghead:

I watched the closing again after I got home. :rockon: Juan was BRILLIANT! He tied it all together, he even put a pretty BLUE bow on it, from Travis. I LOVED when he said for the jury not to carry the gas cans, not to have the smell on their hands. You know they will always think of that statement and this trail when they smell gas, I know I will. My heart broke for the Alexander family. Yesterday was an emotional day for them, today will probably hurt them more than anything. Hearing all the lies they are going to spew one last time to save poor JA's life (I cant even make myself type her name). What about Travis' life JA? What about the man you said you loved so much. You took him away from the people he loved and the people who loved him because you are a crazy loony tune (and thats being nice) and he didnt want to marry you, or even know you at that point. :curses:

I cant imagine how Nurmi will follow that up, and I am not surprised to hear that he wasnt "feeling well" last night. GMAFB! Im sure the WHOLE DT wasnt feeling well. What are they going to say to the jury that would hold any water? :scared: Their entire defense is a LIE, based on a LIAR and testified by OTHER LIARS... I mean, Nurmi should just get up and tell the jurors "Thank you for your time" and sit the HE77 down, if he knows whats good for him. :facepalm:

I have no doubt that little miss JA will not see the outside of prison walls for the rest of her life. And Im happy about that!

Leaving for work in a few minutes. I just want to thank everyone who will be watching the Defense closing today in advance. I suspect it won't be easy to watch.

I'll be popping in every now and then, when I can. Thanks again :)

Justice for Travis!

I'm so nervous and worried about the outcome of this. I think I'm suffering from PTSD from the Casey Anthony trial:panic:

ITA

Jodi seduced many men with her looks, soft voice and body. I believe once she bleached her hair blonde and got breast implants she found out how powerful she was with men. She honed her skills and became an expert in seduction. You can see how she tried to seduce Det. Flores in the tapes. She also seduced LaViolette and Dr. Samuels.

Sometimes, men only see what it is in front of them, not what is inside of a person.

Interesting that most of the women saw right through Jodi. They had more insight in what she was doing and what she was made of. :rockon:

I just want to say in response to you, that this fellow saw the same pictures of the blonde bombshell, but the eyes tell the story. I would not care if she were the last woman on earth - this boy would be hightailing it as far away from her as would be possible. I am glad you used the word sometimes...:D

JMO - yes she used all you mention in the first paragraph but she used more. I believe she was much better at wicked and evil mind games and manipulation than she was at sex.

I'm so nervous and worried about the outcome of this. I think I'm suffering from PTSD from the Casey Anthony trial:panic:

I think lessons were learned with the Casey Anthony trial. At least I hope so. But I thought JM's going over the jury instructions in nice plain English will help.
Keep calm and let Juan carry on.

Last I heard, there would be no deliberations on Saturday or Sunday because there is no security at the courthouse, due to the budget and they will not be asked to work this weekend.

This is another reason I think the DT said they couldn't scheduled dr. G until weds. If they want to they can draw things out so they get the last word before the weekend. JM will say his final on mon but they will have had a long time since thurs to lose some of JM momentum. Typical manipulation/stalling moves by the DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice