Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

If you have a moment today, please check the Elephants for Travis thread and look for my post about Lucky the Elephant in the San Antonio Zoo. There is a petition to help take action to save Lucky from suffering alone.

My post is #20 on the first page of that thread.

Mods: if this is too OT or if the link I provided in the other thread is anti-TOS, please let me know and I'll remove all.

Thanks!
Sam

Juan really singles ALV out in the final part of his narrative before he gets onto jury instructions at the end ..

'We can talk for example about ALV .. one of the things that ALV has, and she has an extensive CV or Resume, and one of the things that she hasn't included on there is she is also a liar!'

He really hates her I truly believe Juan HATES ALV .. then he does an impersonation of her voice ..

:floorlaugh:

http://youtu.be/1XJsW-_hmFY?t=1h4m42s

Thanks for posting that youtube clip! I missed part of JM's closing argument and that was a key piece missed. So thanks again. :)

JM is so bang on - ALV did lie, RS did lie, and the DT KNEW they lied which IMO is the most egregious of them all. That the DT knowingly put witnesses on the stand to lie is something that should be reported to the Arizona Bar IMO.

You know it could be. I just thought it is strange to refer to guilt when she is presumed innocent prior to jury deliberations. But you could be right.

I am with you. It is confusing. This is the only link I could find that more or less split it up.

I can't fathom why the MS would pre bill for 100 hours for after the verdict. What if she didn't use 100 hours? Or is she piling up the hours now for research etc for the 'after' verdict time.

K

IMO, I think the Defense will go with "Something happened in that bathroom." And point to how Flores said that to JA when he was interrogating her.

They got the manslaughter option, and I feel he will pound on that.

Also, the ME Report. Dura mater was intact, therefore, the bullet did not pierce the brain proving that TA continued to be a threat.

No. This is for future billing during the guilt phase of the trial. At least that is what the Motion appears to reflect.

Thank you ! So, I take it the DT believes they are going to need her services in the near future... like early next week maybe?

BBM

I completely agree with your keen observations regarding the defense attorney. I, too, caught that moment when it appeared that a little light bulb illuminated her realization that she has been defending a murderess who viciously killed an innocent human being.

JW appeared almost remorseful for a moment.

I saw her begin to disengage from the defendant with her body language. She knows she has to be cautious now. Her client's manipulations are subtle and dangerous. If the defendant has any information about JW's personal life --her e-mail address, her family, her car -- her safety could be compromised.

It will be interesting to observe her body language today.

You dont think JW realized all along what JA was? I often wonder what they think...how they live with themselves. It must take a special kind of personality to defend such evil... To knowingly defend a guilty person.

I know someone has to do it...but still.

I really do believe that ALV has been charged with perjury. The defense didn't jump to object any of the times Juan called her out on being a LIAR. To me, that is telling. Also, Juan doesn't take kindly to lying. Thirdly, Alyce got a whoppin' so I hear while in chambers being questioned by Juan. I doubt Alyce with her pseudo freudian glasses and tweetie bird hairdo will be testifying in more trials anytime soon.

She just likes to be in the light so she can try to cast a REALLY BIG shadow, but ends up makin' stink all over the place instead.

I love Juan. He knows his *advertiser censored*.

amber, I thought the same thing.

:floorlaugh: Who was weird? TA or Flores? (don't remember)

Funny her saying anyone else is weird. :scared:

Agreed. If the jury sticks to the law they cannot vote for manslaughter. JM explained the law in layman's terms to that jury and all of the evidence in this case (not JA's lies, but real evidence), tells them it's M1

Flores!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The part of Juan's closing statement where he paints the picture of what happened during the killing is so powerful, and what does JA do? She sits there with that "poor me" expression on her face. Not once has there been any genuine remorse or any real tears. If you had really done such a heinous thing to someone you cared for surely you would be sobbing your heart out . She has cold, dead eyes and a cold, dead heart and the DP should be the ONLY outcome.

Yep - peek at nasty pictures, hide face, and fake cry. Wouldn't be lost on me if I was on that jury!

I really do believe that ALV has been charged with perjury. The defense didn't jump to object any of the times Juan called her out on being a LIAR. To me, that is telling. Also, Juan doesn't take kindly to lying. Thirdly, Alyce got a whoppin' so I hear while in chambers being questioned by Juan. I doubt Alyce with her pseudo freudian glasses and tweetie bird hairdo will be testifying in more trials anytime soon.

She just likes to be in the light so she can try to cast a REALLY BIG shadow, but ends up makin' stink all over the place instead.

I love Juan. He knows his *advertiser censored*.

BBM

Wow, is there a way to find out for sure? :please:

Thank you ! So, I take it the DT believes they are going to need her services in the near future... like early next week maybe?

I am not a 100% sure but I think it is for this part of the trial they have billed. If anyone can find a different link, this is the only one that really breaks it down into lay terms/language.

K

I do wish during the trial JM would have pushed JA on HOW she knew TA was dead. She said she knew something terrible had happened, and that she had been with TA but HOW did she know he was dead? Did she remember checking his pulse? If she can't answer than JM could have made not calling 911 even bigger if there was a chance after all he could have been helped. She either knew he was dead or she let him die

I think dragging his body down the hallway and then shooting him in the face would have told her she was finished. Once she started stuffing him in the shower she knew he was dead. She took time to wash him off. With 29 stab wounds, a cut throat and a gunshot to the face.....she made sure he was dead before she left.

The judge said they will have the jury lottery AFTER closing arguments. I think they are going to put all 15 numbers in a GAS CAN, and only draw out 3. They will be the alternates. :wink:

Question : Does anyone know IF there is a "time limit" for the defense's Closing Argument today ? THANKS !

No doubt the defense will drag this out ...

But seriously, what more can they say ? Their defense was an EPIC FAIL ... LOL !

I asked that question too and did not get an answer. I guess we do not know but HLN said Juan closing was a total of 3 1/2 hours. It seemed so much longer to me. I was so engaged at how he masterfully put everything together and went from beginning to end from premeditation to the final crime...exposing all the lies, the planning. Juan did great.

So she billed 100 hours for passing notes between Jodi and her family members and trying to soothe the murderess' feathers...seriously ?

Watching the mitigation representative during Martinez's closing yesterday I thought WTH, shouldn't you be writing down all of the mitigating points that Martinez is explaining that supports premeditated First Degree MURDER?

Hey Linda!

I'm glad that you will be watching Nurmi's story-telling today. I will watch it all from start to finish because JM will come out in the end and destroy the Defense's entire case. He's done it already but he'll do it again! And if the Defense should dare yack on about sex then the jury will be even more disgusted than I suspect they already are!

I made a JA pin cushion on the weekend to edify her naked self portrait lying on the bed with braids. I'd post it here but don't know how plus she's naked and we've all seen enough of that. In any case, I've decided to watch and not just listen to Nurmi today. As I believe JA to be the puppet master of her team, each and every reference to sex from Nurmis mouth today and the pin cushion is getting it. :seeya:

Kudos to the juror whose question allowed Dr Horn to correct the dura mater misconception. JW was enraged, not at the mistake which they intended to trumpet in closing, but to the correction. I wish JM would bring in a cantaloupe, cut it in two, and ask how a bullet could pass through the rind and end up in the inner seedy area but not touch the edible part between.

JW has nothing to worry about. JA will not be around doing her evil deeds for a looong long time.
Stay Positive. And JW? lighten up. it will all be over soon.
JW needs to lighten up.

I appreciate your reassurance.

I hope that all who have been in the courtoom will remain safe from any instructions from the defendant to her henchmen.

I, like many, will be so relieved when the defendant is led away in shackels to a lonely little room for the rest of her condemned abbreviated life.

The judge said they will have the jury lottery AFTER closing arguments. I think they are going to put all 15 numbers in a GAS CAN, and only draw out 3. They will be the alternates. :wink:

Right. And the alternates will not be released until the verdict is given. If it's 1st degree murder, they'll have to stay on as alternates through the next phases of the trial and not be released until the jury has voted on the sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankfurtfun