Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, all! Just wondering if anybody here has found a way to receive notification for when the verdict comes in? I'd like to receive a text, if possible. I signed up for alerts from one of the local news agencies, and although I received lots of news texts, there wasn't a single one about this trial. I don't want to risk not being notified!. Any suggestions? :please:

The only thing that will personally "shock" me today...and worry me...is if Nurmi actually brings up the Budget / Priceline thing. I would like to think it's late enough in the day that posting this will not give them any ideas! LOL!!

But yeah...it seems like Juan was wrong about that one point yesterday. And if Nurmi can make it seem like Juan was wrong about that, he can try to make it that Juan was wrong about everything.

NOT that it would be effective...but not beyond that he would try it! LOL!!

Juan has people who check those details out. A whole staff, in fact. It goes towards her credibility in renting the car so far away from her home town. I would think they checked with Budget on that little detail but used the bank statement to verify it without calling in a witness.

I'm sad that half of you aren't going to watch Nurmi's closing. I was a crying wreck yesterday. I was shaking, shivering and crying. This trial has me totally spent. I can't wait for the end. All those people who accuse us members of using this trial for entertainment? This trial drains me. Following this case has been a trauma in and of itself. This is anything but entertainment.

Just a little FYI/Reminder.

Today is Friday - no others in court, which is normally why we don't start on time.

Yes, there could be chambers meetings, etc. still...but I can't imagine that there is much left to discuss.

So chances are, we are going to start close to 9am.

Not saying it WILL happen, just be prepared. I know many think 9am and plan to not be ready until say 9:30 or so.

Start with Hemy Neuman--he's already been found guilty for killing Andrea's husband. Jury decided he was guilty, but mentally ill so he got life in prison with no parole. After that trial, they arrested Andrea for being in cahoots with Hemy. She, like Jodi, is bat-s*** crazy. She even got kicked out of the courtroom for good for hugging a witness when she got off the stand--during the hug she whispered threats!

OMG! Right up my alley! Definitely checking that one out.

I loved it when Juan called her an 'ornate liar.' That she has to embellish each lie with many small details and she just goes too far.

It's an easy way to spot when someone is lying.

People remembering events in the past cannot recall insignificant, small details, they just remember the big important stuff -

but a liar will add many little details in hopes it will make them more credible.

Please point to where I mentioned anything about "nerves" or "nervousness" in my post?

Oh, my bad, I apologize. I thought your post was referring to those of us that are talking about how the outcome of the CA case disappointed us, therefore making us leery of how manipulate women can get away with murder. Again, my bad.

My fantasy of Nurmi's closing arguments...

"This defendant killed Mr. Alexander in self defense...

Please don't give her the DP....

Kthnxbai...."

:hills:

I'm sad that half of you aren't going to watch Nurmi's closing. I was a crying wreck yesterday. I was shaking, shivering and crying. This trial has me totally spent. I can't wait for the end. All those people who accuse us members of using this trial for entertainment? This trial drains me. Following this case has been a trauma in and of itself. This is anything but entertainment.

:hug:

There is only one thing in my mind that could make JM's closing better and that relates to the 26 May text message Travis sent to Jodi calling her evil and a sociopath. The one thing unanswered for me relates to this text - what set Travis off, what made him so angry to finally come out and tell Ms. Arias off ?

Hi RC!

Boy that would be icing on the cake for sure. Unfortunately the only one who knows what that txt message was referring to is the lying murderess and she won't be telling us. That will remain one of the unanswered mysteries in this case. :-(

(((Rose))) - I'll be watching with you.

Up until yesterday she was busy... taking notes, objecting to every other question hanging at the edge of her seat ready to jump. Preparing her redirect etc... Yesterday she had her glasses of most of the day ... She had no real work left to do...She just had to listen. When it gets all tied up and told like a story .. and she wasn't distracted.. She was hit by the impact.

I got the feeling she was "impacted" all right - impacted by the fact that she knew in a short time her friend Jodi would be sitting on Death Row. I saw one point where I THOUGHT I saw a glimpse of tears in her eyes, but I truly truly think those were tears for Jodi. I'm not trying to bash Wilmott, in fact if it was me yes I would want her as my defense attorney I think she did a great job and I think she takes great pride in her work..She didn't give up ever. But I did see on some HLN show they had a defense attorney on had worked on death penalty cases, and she said yes, you do get attached to your client b/c you are working closely with them for months or even years and you are working to save their life. I really think she has an attachment with Jodi, much more than Nurmi does.

Why don't we ASSUME the jury will do exactly as they are instructed and give them the benefit of the doubt?

WHY saddle THEM with a load from another jury and another case from two years ago?

Would anyone here want to be treated as if they weren't a cogent, respectable, law-abiding person who can and will follow the judge's instructions? Would anyone here want to be compared to some other group--a group that has nothing to do with the current jury?

No way.

Don't 'hope' the jury follows what the judge tells them to do. ASSUME they will!

And if there is blame in that last case...well...good 'ol Judge Melvin Blowhard Perry assured the acquittal as much as anyone. HE even picked some of the jurors, allowing jurors who openly said they didn't think it was "fair" to judge someone. Further, he directly impacted the jury instructions and confused the jury with all the charges. :banghead:

I agree. The juror questions, especially, have impressed me; I have every confidence in the jury in terms of their reasoning ability. The Pinellas 12 were an aberration, IMO. I so agree about Perry, too! The presentation of this case has been a thing of beauty on so many levels. The worst thing is the hype from the media who foment all sorts of hysteria, cannibalising the past to ensure their own future.

This is no circus. There ARE reasonable people and we have seen that with this jury.

I loved it when Juan called her an 'ornate liar.' That she has to embellish each lie with many small details and she just goes too far.

It's an easy way to spot when someone is lying.

People remembering events in the past cannot recall insignificant, small details, they just remember the big important stuff -

but a liar will add many little details in hopes it will make them more credible.

I loved it when he would mock what Jodi said or would say (hypothetically) with a feminine voice :floorlaugh:

I just have ONE question for the day??? How on earth is Nurmi EVER going to compare, or even REMOTELY TRY to give a Defensive Closing Argument after that ANNIHILATION of a Closing Juan gave yesterday? HOW??? There is NO WAY POSSIBLE. Nurmi isn't a eloquent or even for that matter a efficient speaker, he will be all over the place.

He's not! That's the beauty of it all :floorlaugh:

I can't find an answer to that. Believe me, I've been looking for any word. Back before In Session turned crappy they had advertised that they would be showing it, but now, I dunno. At the very least, I am betting that it will be streamed online....

If it's not, then I gotta make a goooooood friend in Atlanta pretty darn quick lol so I can stay with them and attend trial.

Wild about Trial mentioned a week or two ago that it will be televised and shown on their site..

oh i will but i am a glutton for punishment

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

There is only one thing in my mind that could make JM's closing better and that relates to the 26 May text message Travis sent to Jodi calling her evil and a sociopath. The one thing unanswered for me relates to this text - what set Travis off, what made him so angry to finally come out and tell Ms. Arias off ? I have my own theory about that and that is she threatened him, threatened to take her little recording and pass it around to not only Travis' friends and family but also to Travis' bishop or anyone of authority within the church. I just have a feeling that if we had the answer to what made Travis so angry - there would be zero doubt as to premeditation and that she enjoyed stabbing him, enjoyed slitting his throat and absolutely relished shooting him in the head. There would be zero doubt she absolutely meant to destroy him both physically and spiritually and to lay waste to his reputation forever.

If JM had this answer - the jury would beat her 62 seconds of destruction before even entering the deliberation room.

I agree and wonder if we will ever know.

Think about their questions. At least one or two of those jurors asked excellent questions and appeared to already know the answer by the way the question was read. That would give the appearance this juror wanted this clear so that ALL the jurors understood. There are at least two great leaders on this jury, IMO. One, I'm sure will be the foreman.

One thing the jurors cannot ignore.....she either brought the gun and killed him, or she took his gun and killed him. Either way they vote it's murder one.

Thank You LambChop. I will try to relax and have faith in Juan, he really did do an excellent job yesterday.

I think there will be a lot of questions on here after JM closing remarks because JM is known for his one liners. They will make little sense IMHO to those who do not watch the DT's closing arguments today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson