Deceased/Not Found CO - Aarone Thompson, 4, Aurora, 2003 *A. Thompson guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the above Rocky Mountain News link:

~snip~

Jones held a press conference outside the young girl's house in the 16000 block of East Kepner Place Thursday evening saying, "We believe that Aaroné is no longer alive and we believe that suspicion is rising to the highest level."

Aurora Police also removed seven other children - ranging from 6 to 15 years old - away from the home Thursday because there were believed to be "in danger," Jones said.

A body has not been found. Jones said someone close to the family provided police with the information that led them to this conclusion.

Investigators are executing a search warrant at the home and want to speak to the girl's father, Aaron Thompson, and his girlfriend, Shelley Mary Lowe, whom Jones described as "persons of interest."

~snip~

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

WTF is WRONG with people???????? This poor little girl. :(

englishleigh said:

WTF is WRONG with people???????? This poor little girl. :(

This is beyond unacceptable. It's disgraceful.
What is going on? No one noticed for a year and a half that this little darling wasn't around?
Any more news? I can't even believe this. So, why did they report her missing now? I'm glad the other children have been removed. I want answers!

a year and a half? but you know, I figured something didn't wash right when it said that she walked out after a fight over a cookie, and the parents didn't follow her...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: This is a head banger.!

How horrible that she's been gone so long w/o anyone coming forward w/ info. Maybe I missed it, as I didn't read all the posts, but what led the father to report her missing, or did he report her missing? There must have been some reason to cause someone to report her missing, if she's been dead for over a year. Whoever called LE w/ a tip knows more and I think more will come out about her death. Poor child, life just doesn't seem fair to these young, innocent victims.

kahskye said:
How horrible that she's been gone so long w/o anyone coming forward w/ info. Maybe I missed it, as I didn't read all the posts, but what led the father to report her missing, or did he report her missing? There must have been some reason to cause someone to report her missing, if she's been dead for over a year. Whoever called LE w/ a tip knows more and I think more will come out about her death. Poor child, life just doesn't seem fair to these young, innocent victims.

kahskye,

The father drove to the police station to report her missing. I think someone in the family knows the truth and threatened to tell (I think they have told now, the reason the police say it appears that she died a year and a half ago) and he thought he'd better get there first and tell it the way he wanted it.

"9News also learned that since the year 2000, police have responded to the house on Kepner place 20 times. Many of the calls were for runaways. Others were for civil disputes, family violence, and welfare checks.

Jones said the six other children who lived at the home -- Aarone's 11-year-old brother Aaron and Lowe's five children -- have been placed in protective custody.

Aarone's mother, Lynette Thompson, lives in a homeless shelter in Detroit. The last time she saw her son and daughter was four years ago. She says she tried repeatedly to find out where her ex-husband had taken them, but her mother-in-law wouldn't tell her."

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=a0c8c6cb-0abe-421a-0121-8b97a0409727&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

The Police have went to this house 20 times since 2002. 20 Freakin times. that is just unbelievable. Dont you think that Social Services would have seen a red flag thrown up LONG ago on this. I mean these visits were for runaways and welfare checks? I guess this shouldnt suprise me but it does anger me. Also the mother is in a Homless shelter? Sometimes I wish I could just have 15 Min alone in a room with some of these people. :doh:

Well, that would explain the 18 month old picture of her. Also, the "family's" inability to describe her clothing.

My question is, was she enrolled in school before the alleged murder? If so, what did the school do when she just stopped coming? I don't have kids, so I don't know what they do in that case. Maybe the father called to say that they were moving, and so the school wouldn't suspect anything?

I don't think I've ever heard anything like this. Woah. :confused:

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_321193142.html

CBS4) AURORA, Colo. Aurora police believe the six-year old girl who was reported missing on Monday was killed in her home as long as a year and a half ago.

Interim Aurora Police Chief Terry Jones announced early Thursday evening they believe the missing person report on Aarone Thompson was fabricated.

"Late last night, we obtained information from a source in the family that Aarone Thompson, in all probability, is deceased," Jones said.

If she would have been 6 now then a year and a half ago she would not have been required to be in school. My question is this. In my neighborhood everyone knows everyone and if one of my children werent seen outside for an extended amount of time everyone in the neighborhood would have been asking questions as to where she was and was she ok. Where were the neighbors in all of this. Plus there was a 15 year old in the house. Why wouldnt a 15 year old go straight to the police or at least give them a sign at one of their many visits to the house. MY GOD it just sickens me that a child can be dead over a year and NOONE think anything about it.

I heard this story on the radio yesterday, the account of the girl's leaving after a fight over a cookie denied. And my hinky meter went right off. Without knowing about the outdated photo and the lack of seaching by the "father" and everything else, just hearing the story about her disappearance, I sadly said to myself: "She's dead. He killed her."

I take no satisfaction in being right. But I am sure that LE were looking at him right off the bat. Of course they had to search as well. But I will bet they were on him very soon.

How sad !! I hope they find this little princess and hang her daddy !!!!!!!

How can NO ONE have noticed this child has not been around in more than a year ??? Does she not go to school ?? Does her birth mother not have a relationship with her ?? Other relatives ?? I am sickened !!

This poor little girl will be in my prayers !

Aarone Thompson was reported missing on Monday by her father. Police in Aurora, Colo., with the help of the FBI, conducted an intense three-day search, but concluded, after a call from a close friend of the family late Wednesday night, that Aarone was killed in her home perhaps as long as 18 months ago by someone close to her.

We believe that Aarone was murdered in the home," said acting police Chief Terry Jones. "It [the call] shed some light on the fact that Aarone Thompson may have been murdered in this house on Kepner Drive, not recently, some time ago, but up to a year-and-a-half ago. The individual did have the information [for some time] and I don't know what prompted the fact that the information came forward other than the media coverage that Aarone Thompson was missing."

Police say they have not yet interviewed Thompson and Lowe since they became "persons of interests" but they have had preliminary talks with seven other children who live in their home. The children, whose ages range from 6 to 15 years old, have been taken into protective custody.

Police acknowledged Thursday that the family did allow detectives to conduct one-on-one interviews but said Aarone's father was still not completely cooperative.

"The cooperation has improved but there's still more cooperation that needs to take place," Aurora police spokesman Marcus Dudley said.

Police today will search the Thompson home again. On Wednesday, the FBI searched the home and a trash truck, and police said agents found some items of interest and took them away for further inspection. Investigators would not say what the items were or whether they are involved in the case.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1325602

We've been following this case at work. The Rocky Mountain News this morning said the picture was taken on a family vacation to the Grand Canyon. I wonder if she ever came back. But the police believe she was killed at the home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back