CO CO - Abby Blagg, 6, Grand Junction, 12 Nov 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I watched it again last night - so sad. I knew (IMHO) the husband did it from the get go. Just a hunch I guess, but the blood on the bed (shot), the missing daughter, and blood spatter in the van. But what convinced me, is where her body was dumped - in his trash bin at work! He also showed no real concern or signs of emotion for someone he loved so dearly. In my heart of hearts I believe Abby was dumped alongside her mother - they just didn't find her.

Best,

Mel

Daisy, I didn't know about the garbage from his office. What do you think he did with Abby?

I agree with mgardner that he put Abby in the landfill, as well, and that they just were not able to find her.

And I have to give credit to the people who were searching in the landfill for not giving up when they very well could have. They searched for about 3 weeks and this was in June. Temps during that time reached well into the upper 90's, and in that heat and smell, oh my!!! There is nothing but desert around the landfill. They were heartsick that they could not find Abby, too.

I have never had a doubt in my mind that he did it and that sweet Abby is in that landfill somewhere. I vaguely remember hearing that the investigators were heartbroken to have to stop searching for her after they found her mother. It would have been very difficult for me to walk away also, knowing in my heart that she was in there somewhere.

I agree with mgardner that he put Abby in the landfill, as well, and that they just were not able to find her.

And I have to give credit to the people who were searching in the landfill for not giving up when they very well could have. They searched for about 3 weeks and this was in June. Temps during that time reached well into the upper 90's, and in that heat and smell, oh my!!! There is nothing but desert around the landfill. They were heartsick that they could not find Abby, too.

I just wish that Blagg would finally find the decency in his heart to do the right thing and tell where he put Abby, be it the landfill or wherever. I still think of her and Jennifer from time to time after all these years. Abby's still out there somewhere all alone.

I have followed this story from the beginning and have never questioned Michael Blagg's guilt. This guy just gave me the creeps. He just seemed slimey and his fakey phone calls home on the day of their disappearance really were over the top to me. Talk about a crummy acting job!

Also, the bit about the *advertiser censored* on the computer being something that he and Jennifer viewed to "spice up their sex life" just seemed like a load of BS. This guy is disgusting and totally makes my skin crawl. Yuck!!

I have followed this story from the beginning and have never questioned Michael Blagg's guilt. This guy just gave me the creeps. He just seemed slimey and his fakey phone calls home on the day of their disappearance really were over the top to me. Talk about a crummy acting job!

Also, the bit about the *advertiser censored* on the computer being something that he and Jennifer viewed to "spice up their sex life" just seemed like a load of BS. This guy is disgusting and totally makes my skin crawl. Yuck!!

Totally agree! This guy IS a true disgusting CREEP, among other words I won't use here...
Poor Abby is in a landfill somewhere...rotting...alone and can't have the proper burial she deserves. This guy is a monster.

I just watched 48 Hours Mystery on ID about this case and I think it is interesting that Jennifer's brother searches the Mesa for Abby. Given the testimony regarding the boxes and the fact that Jennifer was found in the landfill where investigators expected to find her...surrounded by garbage from Michael's work, I wonder why her brother is not searching there?

What a heartbreaking case....They followed up the story with an update that Michael was beaten very, very badly by other prisoners due to the assumed murder of Abby.

I dont think he put Abby in the landfill. I think he buried her somewhere he was found of from his past or some where Abby liked to visit. I think Somebody should research his life and find out where he grew up and visited as a child or teen as a way of getting clues to finding Abby. I often wondered if his goal was to clean the house and van but he couldnt complete the task because of Abby. I am not trying to make him sound like less a monster either. I just think he felt like Abby was his and not her mothers so he kept Abby and did not keep Jennifer.

Soulmagent-----it is possible he put Abby somewhere else but he was seen putting 2 large boxes in the dumpster at his workplace. Jennifer's body was in an advanced state decomposition when found and Abby was just a little girl so she could have been easily missed. They were ready to call the search off when Jennifer's body was found.

The Blagg's were not from GJ and had only lived there a few years. They met in CA and had lived in TX and SC prior to coming to GJ. I'm not sure if they were into hiking or camping but Mesa County is a big outdoor sport area. The Grand Mesa, the Colorado National Monument (lots of hiking trails and canyons), hunting, fishing, biking, the Uncompahgre Plateau, I could go on and on.

A search was conducted by 200 volunteers on horseback for a 11-12 day period in a 45 mile wide area. Alot of places are only accessible by walking or on horseback. (Not sure if you are aware of the surrounding terrain in our area). I believe that search was because of the determination that about 45 miles were unaccounted for on the mini-van based on gas receipts and places Jennifer was known to be before the murder.

I think the extra miles came from him going back and forth to his workplace in order to get rid of the bodies and evidence(don't believe the gun was ever found--could have dumped it in the Colorado or Gunnison River). It is possible he did put Abby somewhere else but based on time/mileage I don't think he had much time to do that.

Her Killer is in jail, but where was Abby buried.... Let's keep looking

I saw on 'Darkside of the Mesa' on 48 hours (I think?) Abbys Blagg's uncle is still searching for her.....
I wish that man would just say something! It is maddening!

‘Lie’ focus of Blagg’s new trial bid

[snip]

In a renewed motion for a new trial filed on behalf of convicted killer Michael Blagg, attorneys argue a juror, Marilyn Charlesworth, lied when she represented during jury selection before Blagg’s 2004 trial that she had never been a victim of domestic violence.

[snip]

Blagg, now 50, is serving life in prison without the possibility of parole for his conviction in the November 2001 murder of his wife, Jennifer, at the family’s Redlands home. Their daughter, Abby, 6, was reported missing and is presumed dead. No charges were filed in connection with her disappearance.

More: http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/lie-focus-of-blaggs-new-trial-bid/

Thoughts go out to Missing Child - Abby Blagg.

Source - video at link
News for Michael Blagg - convicted murdering Jennifer Blagg (wife)
From an article dated Oct 30, 2013
During a conference call, Blagg's defense, the prosecution and the judge's office settled on May 19th to hear motions for a re-trial of his case.

The body of Blagg's wife, Jennifer, was found in the Mesa County Landfill back in 2002.

His daughter, Abby Blagg, was never found.

Having trouble finding any recent news that doesn't ask for me to sign up :facepalm:

I remember the televised searches on national TV for Jennifer Blagg in the landfill. I never thought they would find HER remains, but they finally did. Those were some strong LEOs who went to a landfill and dug and dug so carefully for the woman and her child.

I do not fault them at all for not finding Abby's body. She was so small.

There is little doubt in my mind that she was in the landfill too, probably crushed into almost nothing by the weight of the trash heaped on top of her little bones.

If Michael Blagg gets a new trial and walks out from this, it will be unthinkable. He is as sick and depraved as they come to treat the bodies of the wife he loved at one time, and the daughter he created, the way he did.

Here are some tweets from our local newspaper reporter attending today's hearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 9h

will Charlesworth take 5th Amendment & not testify? Nobody knows for sure. #blagghearing

News: Charlesworth on stand tomorrow, not today #blagghearing

Assistant DA Tuttle: "actual bias" is standard for new trial. Key phrase to remember. #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 6h

Judge: "you can bicker on your own time" things getting testy with lawyers. #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 5h

Dave Eisner, Blagg's attorney during trial, on witness stand. Things got heated with Asst. DA Tuttle. #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 4h

Explosive claims from ex coworker of Charlesworth. DA reacts with aggressive Cross exam #blagghearing

https://twitter.com/PaulShockleyGJ

Newspaper reporter tweets from today.

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 11h

Judge Bottger just told Lohmiller to shut the hell up, in his polite judicial way #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 10h

Charlesworth's dad, ex Eagle cop Ken Wilson, says daughter never told him about abuse by 2 husbands. #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 10h

Blagg lawyer Tina Fang: if she didn't perceive herself as DV victim in '91, why seek a restraining order? #blagghearing

Fang undercuts DA argument: that Charlesworth learned emotional abuse = DV after Brainard case #blagghearing

Judge: Clearly Charlesworth has lied. Issue debated: WHEN did she lie? #blagghearing

Charlesworth just called to the stand. #blagghearing

Judge advising her 5th Amendment, consequences including possible perjury charges. #blagghearing

"I refuse to take the 5th" she says #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 8h

Judge just told Charlesworth to watch her mouth in court, which is "not a back alley," #blagghearing

She had testified about an ex husband's "********" #blagghearing

Do direct exam over on Charlesw. Says she lied when she told cops in July 2013 that she lied to City Council #blagghearing

As she told us, testified didn't realize she was emotionally abused by prior husbands until Brainard last year #blagghearing

Denies being physically abused. But admits an ex hit her in the head with a full beer can. Says it 'didn't hurt' #blagghearing

Says felt like "victim" in her treatment by public defenders. Told a PD investigator in voicemail to "*advertiser censored** Off" #blagghearing

"You have intruded into my personal life for 10 years," she tells public defender Tina Fang. "I'm not pleased" #blagghearing

As a friend observes, "If you lie about lying, is that the truth?" #blagghearing

I pray this never gets to a new trial. If it does I pray for the same outcome. Anyway I am just ranting to myself. If it does get retried I will for sure be in the courthouse! ( maybe even on the jury haha)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite
Back