Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only thing at this point that I can think of is that the coroner has already ruled out foul play.

The Denver ME site says 3-6 weeks for final autopsy reports, but I agree I think they would have informed the family if it was a homicide. I was wrong above about paying $12 to get the report - it is free if you get it emailed.

Hated how everyone smoked over there

One of the reasons -apart from bullfighting, unemployment and the abysmal wealth gap- I no longer live in Spain :( all those "walking chimneys" around. Second country in Europe with the highest number of smokers after Greece.

I would love to read his blog. Link, please.

And still waiting for the autopsy reports. I never thought he committed suicide. He had a really high level of empathy and he clearly cared about his family & friends' feelings a lot.

If it is indeed ruled suicide, I wonder if it had anything to do with the person who had been harassing him in the bar? It makes me so mad to think that could have been what sent him over the edge. Some people are just so cruel.

I assume since I haven’t heard any news on COD, that there were no obvious signs of foul play. We will probably never know if it was accidental or not, but the loss is the same either way. I hope his family is coping best they can with their grief

I’ve read that autopsies can take anywhere from 30-90 days to be released, but I agree with you that I would assume the family would know the cause of death by now, right? (i.e. homicide, accident, natural causes, or suicide). Or maybe the condition of the body hindered that? Maybe they are being tight lipped for the purpose of investigating?

My brother passed away in The end of April. Our family did not get the full autopsy report until September. I was persistently emailing the detective and it took a long time anyway. Just for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJcares, thank you for the information. So sorry for your loss.

Just checking in to see if any more information had come to light. I think if Adam often.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just checking in to see if any more information had come to light. I think if Adam often.

Well for what it's worth, i saw this yesterday....

Tara Wrysec, Research Analysis with FOHVAMP (Families of Homicide and Missing Persons) and Psychic Investigator Troy Griffin investigate potential connections in the death of Adam Gilbertson (CO), Paul Kochu (PA), Joey Labute Jr. (OH) and Dakota James (PA).

Well for what it's worth, i saw this yesterday....

Interesting..

On January 13, 2017 the body of Adam Gilbertson (29) was found in the South Platte River in Denver, Colorado. Gilbertson was last seen at a local Denver gay bar on December 15, 2017. The cause of death is still undetermined.

On March 20, 2014, the body of Paul Kochu (22) was found in the Ohio river, West Virginia. Kochu a resident of Pittsburgh, PA, was last seen at a local bar in Pittsburgh in mixed neighborhood which includes gay bars on December 16, 2014. The cause of death is listed as drowning.

On March 5, 2016, Joey Labute Jr. (26) was last seen at a local bar in the Short North. On March 29, 2016, the body of Labute Jr, was found in the Scioto River. The cause of death undetermined as no water was found in his lungs.

On March 6 2017, the body of Dakota James (23) was found in the Ohio river. James was last seen at a local bar in Pittsburgh in mixed neighborhood which includes gay bars on January 25, 2017. The cause of death is listed as drowning.

https://www.pr.com/press-release/745010

I think of Adam often, too, anonypotomous. It breaks my heart that there wasn't a happy ending for Adam's family.

Something just doesn't jive with me- I still can't shake it. :(

I think of Adam often, too, anonypotomous. It breaks my heart that there wasn't a happy ending for Adam's family.

Something just doesn't jive with me- I still can't shake it. :(

Same :(

There was a CU-Boulder(35 miles NW of Denver) student found in six inches of water after a night out a week and a half ago, and within days the police said the investigation was nearly complete, with foul play not suspected. Granted, this student was found the next morning, but absolutely no communications from the Denver police in Adam's case six weeks later is frustrating.

I was surprised to read that Adam was identified through fingerprints; I did not expect after apparently so long in the water that fingerprints would still be viable.

I wondered if an autopsy was even done, thinking if an inspection of Adam's belongings confirmed suicide that no announcement was made for the family's benefit, as I don't think w/o an autopsy they are required to release info, so I did submit an autopsy report request, but there was no reply indicating a lack of an autopsy. That request form said it could take 12 weeks for the report, rather than the 3-6 weeks the website stated for results.

I still tear up every day thinking of Adam, and wrote a long post on Facebook yesterday about my reaction to his death 40 days after he was found, and sometimes wish I had never heard of this guy who lived just a little more than a mile from me.

There was a CU-Boulder(35 miles NW of Denver) student found in six inches of water after a night out a week and a half ago, and within days the police said the investigation was nearly complete, with foul play not suspected. Granted, this student was found the next morning, but absolutely no communications from the Denver police in Adam's case six weeks later is frustrating.

I was surprised to read that Adam was identified through fingerprints; I did not expect after apparently so long in the water that fingerprints would still be viable.

I wondered if an autopsy was even done, thinking if an inspection of Adam's belongings confirmed suicide that no announcement was made for the family's benefit, as I don't think w/o an autopsy they are required to release info, so I did submit an autopsy report request, but there was no reply indicating a lack of an autopsy. That request form said it could take 12 weeks for the report, rather than the 3-6 weeks the website stated for results.

I still tear up every day thinking of Adam, and wrote a long post on Facebook yesterday about my reaction to his death 40 days after he was found, and sometimes wish I had never heard of this guy who lived just a little more than a mile from me.

Thank you for your thoughtful post. ((Hugs))

I’m glad you’re still posting here. Would you be willing or comfortable to share what you posted on Facebook?

I feel like several of us here have bonded over this case; Adam really struck a chord in many of us.

Thank you for your thoughtful post. ((Hugs))

I’m glad you’re still posting here. Would you be willing or comfortable to share what you posted on Facebook?

I feel like several of us here have bonded over this case; Adam really struck a chord in many of us.

There truly was something very special about Adam. My heart aches at the thought that he may have committed suicide, if he did It seems that he had so many people that loved and adored him, that he loved and adored back. If he did kill himself, my heart goes out to him, that even though he studied depression in nursing school (everyone has to take psychology classes for nursing), he didn't recognize it in himself to try and get help with it.

If he didn't commit suicide, then where is the investigation?

I have just felt something wasn't right about this- especially where he told the bartender he had just had an argument with someone on his phone. He went to an awful lot of trouble to end up where he was, hiring a Lyft driver to bring him home, then leaving again after? I can't help it, my hinky meter keeps blaring about this.

RIP Adam. You touched my heart in a way that I can't explain or describe. :heartbeat:

I had replied to this last night for finding my post, but it seems to be gone, so maybe it violated the TOS here? You can probably search the social media site for current posts to AG if you are on it, but I probably won't duplicate it here.

I saw on the news in Denver that now a family in Texas is asking Coloradans and western staters for help finding Dayne Herndon, another outdoors lover and musician who is missing. The thread for him here is pretty sparse - very few clues. So many missing - it must be overwhelming for participants here to get involved in multiple disappearances, if my experience just with Adam's is anywise typical.

I had replied to this last night for finding my post, but it seems to be gone, so maybe it violated the TOS here?

Maybe because you posted your name? I didn’t know that violated TOS, but it’s all I can think of. I thought maybe you may have deleted it, but if not then a moderator must have. I’m glad I was able to see your post on FB about Adam. It was very heartfelt and moving. I gave you a ❤️ in case you were wondering who the stranger was that was liking your posts.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay