CO CO - Aletha Capps, 33, Douglas county, 17 Dec 1955

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did they ever locate the car? Because the absence of the car invalidates Quillin's story.
I think the search should have been done in Teller county, not Douglas county, as the last verifiable sightings took place at Victor and Cripple Creek. I think Quillin tried (and succeed) to take the search far from Teller county.

In the Greeley Daily Tribune Fri, Dec 30, 1955, Page 1, Police Chief L. B. Bruce said Quillin's admission that Mrs. Capps had suffered a heart attack came during a sesion attended by his parents, Mr & Mrs. Clarence Quillin and an unnamed Colorado Springs doctor. Bruce said the physician had treated Mrs. Capps for a heart condition as such that she could only walk a short distance without collapse. Source: Newspapers.com/Ancestry.com.

Alva Charles Quillin's parents lived in Graham, Young County, Texas and assumably had traveled up to Colorado Springs to be with their son, Alva, who was born in Bridgeport, Wise County, TX. He was enlisted in the Navy from 20 Nov 1950 until 12 Oct 1954. According to Ancestry.com, he married Marian Veronica Ceresa/Marian Ceresa Geiger on 8 Feb 1957 in Santa Ana, Orange County, CA. He later married Joyce Ellen McCain 11 Jul 1966 in Brown County, TX. They divorced 19 Sep 1990 in Taylor, TX. Since Marian died in 1989 and her husband later married in 1966, one can assume the first marriage ended also ended in divorce. Source: Ancestry.com.

Average daily temperature in Colorado Springs was 40-50 degrees so I assume the ground wasn't frozen in the lower elevations and it wouldn't be too hard to bury a body. There's also a huge sprawling strip mine between Victor and Cripple Creek. Considering her medical condition there's no way she walked away from the disabled vehicle.

rampart road.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maineguy1961
Back