CO - Alexa Bartell, 20, killed in car when thrown rock struck windshield, possibly connected to similar cases in Denver area - Broomfield, 19 Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ifindedout

Reaction score
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — Friends of 20-year-old Alexa Bartell, the woman killed by a thrown rock in Jefferson County, remember her as someone who left a mark.

According to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, Bartell, of Arvada, was driving northbound near the 10600 block of Indiana Street. The Sheriff’s Office believes the suspects threw a large rock either from a vehicle or the side of the road at Bartell’s car.

Bartell's case BBM
Bartell's death is believed to be linked to several other incidents in the area, including:
  • 10:04 p.m. Wednesday – Westminster - 100th Ave. & Simms St. – rock through windshield – driver not injured
  • 10:36 p.m. Wednesday – Boulder County - McCaslin Blvd & S. Indiana St. (entrance to Rock Creek neighborhood) rock through windshield – minor injuries to driver
  • 10:37 p.m. Wednesday – Boulder County – McCaslin Blvd & S. Indiana St. (entrance to Rock Creek neighborhood) - rock vs.Toyota 4-Runner – body damage to vehicle, driver not injured
  • 10:45 p.m. Wedneday – Jefferson County – 10600 block of Indiana St. – rock through windshield of yellow Chevy Spark – homicide
  • April 20 at 12:24 a.m. Thursday – Arvada - Hwy 93 at Hwy 72 – rock through windshield – minor injuries to driver

Was just about to make a thread on this ...

Sad.

I've seen they've eliminated the first vehicle of interest. (Dodge pickup truck)

Now asking for Tesla footage (or anyone with dash cam)

Her work put out a 15k reward earlier.

This hits close to home....

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — Friends of 20-year-old Alexa Bartell, the woman killed by a thrown rock in Jefferson County, remember her as someone who left a mark.

According to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, Bartell, of Arvada, was driving northbound near the 10600 block of Indiana Street. The Sheriff’s Office believes the suspects threw a large rock either from a vehicle or the side of the road at Bartell’s car.

Bartell's case BBM
Bartell's death is believed to be linked to several other incidents in the area, including:
  • 10:04 p.m. Wednesday – Westminster - 100th Ave. & Simms St. – rock through windshield – driver not injured
  • 10:36 p.m. Wednesday – Boulder County - McCaslin Blvd & S. Indiana St. (entrance to Rock Creek neighborhood) rock through windshield – minor injuries to driver
  • 10:37 p.m. Wednesday – Boulder County – McCaslin Blvd & S. Indiana St. (entrance to Rock Creek neighborhood) - rock vs.Toyota 4-Runner – body damage to vehicle, driver not injured
  • 10:45 p.m. Wedneday – Jefferson County – 10600 block of Indiana St. – rock through windshield of yellow Chevy Spark – homicide
  • April 20 at 12:24 a.m. Thursday – Arvada - Hwy 93 at Hwy 72 – rock through windshield – minor injuries to driver
This is so sad. This reminds me of a case similar to this that happened pretty close to my locale. Several late teens threw a rock off of an overpass. The driver survived without injury, but the passenger, the driver's wife, sustained a devastating brain injury. The juveniles received ridiculously short sentences, after years of winding through the court process. Shortly thereafter, the brokenhearted and despondent husband committed suicide. Essentially, their young adult children lost both parents because teenagers chose to do something very cruel.

I hope that the perpetrators are caught and punished fairly in this case.

something similar happened to me on the way home from work at night - except it was a piece of wood like part of a 2x4 - hit my windshield but did not crack the glass or cause me injury - I stopped briefly, then decided not to get out of my car ... someone threw it and I think it was targeted (o/t story)

this case seems completely random which is somehow scarier ...

hope they find them quickly

I'm guessing these are relatively small rocks (baseball sized?) being thrown from the drivers side window at oncoming cars' windshields. If so, you essentially have the speed of both vehicles added together as force behind the rock's impact. I'm surprised even five incidents have gone unrecorded by dash cams.

Thank you ! Now I'm curious to as how the scene is set up . I mean whoever it is has some great aim . But where do they hide ? Is it a straight path road ?
Like last person said, no overpasses. Most of the locations are more "desolate" areas. Which sucks because likely no footage from houses.

Indiana st. actually RIGHT ACROSS from where people are laying flowers there's a flipped car. Kind of a 'scary' road regardless, at first I assumed she died from the car accident - but nope.

Most likely someone is launching these rocks out of a car as they pass each other (makes the most sense)

I've heard the rocks were pretty substantial in size.

Like last person said, no overpasses. Most of the locations are more "desolate" areas. Which sucks because likely no footage from houses.

Indiana st. actually RIGHT ACROSS from where people are laying flowers there's a flipped car. Kind of a 'scary' road regardless, at first I assumed she died from the car accident - but nope.

Most likely someone is launching these rocks out of a car as they pass each other (makes the most sense)

I've heard the rocks were pretty substantial in size.
The rocks were around 4 to 6 inches in size. I live in the area. Not thrilled about taking my daughter out for her night driving hours to get her license now as that is the loop we take.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back