Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was JE attacked ? I thought it was more a case of exposure.
He laid his hand on her.
Snip
‘I remember a few large moles scattered over the body, on the back and on the legs. Just spread out, not in one place, but in several places on his back. “It was just the moles that caught my eye, and this grin,” she said, according to the newspaper Mirror.

She said she was left ‘saddened’ and in tears after the attack, in which CB, who is currently on trial for a series of rapes and assaults in Portugal between 2000 and 2017, grabbed her wrists and performed an indecent sex act on her.

But even if he had not touched her - that is a crime under German law.

Snip
“In this case of 2007 he is suspected of showing himself in a sexual, offensive way in front of a 10-year-old German child on a beach,” he said.

“I cannot say exactly if he was masturbating in front of the child or if he has just shown himself naked. In Germany that is a sexual abuse of a child — and that's why we are investigating.”

JE attacker had 3 distinguishing features:-
Rabbit front teeth
Marks/scars all over his body
A bandage on his arm, presumably covering some sort of wound.
The prosecution have surely established from friends/girlfriends of CB around the time of the attack whether or not he bore all those features. Collectively they are uncommon.
Hair/facial features/build may not be so easily recognisable or distinguishable from a photograph. It would be interesting to know what consideration the judges gave to these aspects.
HeB and MS allegedly saw CB on tape raping two women, did they ever mention such marks on CB? is it the same alleged perpetrator? HaB wasn't sure if a mark was a run in on a pair of tights worn by her attacker.

I haven't seen that. Was it mentioned in court ?

Yes from the Braunschweig news court report.

May 28, 2024
Braunschweig News 28/5

On the 7th April 2007 - just a few weeks before "Maddie" on the 3rd. May 2007 in Praia da Luz was kidnapped from her parents' hotel room - he is said to have committed another abuse.

On a beach section in Salema in the Faro district, he is said to have masturbated in front of a then 10-year-old German. Except for shoes, he was naked, first asked the girl for their name in English, then grabbed her by the arm, asked her to stay calm and watch him during the act. Two other children were witnesses - and Christian B. is said to have grinned at them during the crime. After ejaculating, he fled. The child alerted his parents, whose search for the perpetrator was unsuccessful. They filed a criminal complaint with the Portuguese police, who could not investigate a suspect and has now destroyed most of the investigation documents, including phantom images. 17 years after the events, the victim, now a woman of 27 years, testified in court.

May 28, 2024
Braunschweig News 28/5

On the 7th April 2007 - just a few weeks before "Maddie" on the 3rd. May 2007 in Praia da Luz was kidnapped from her parents' hotel room - he is said to have committed another abuse.

On a beach section in Salema in the Faro district, he is said to have masturbated in front of a then 10-year-old German. Except for shoes, he was naked, first asked the girl for their name in English, then grabbed her by the arm, asked her to stay calm and watch him during the act. Two other children were witnesses - and Christian B. is said to have grinned at them during the crime. After ejaculating, he fled. The child alerted his parents, whose search for the perpetrator was unsuccessful. They filed a criminal complaint with the Portuguese police, who could not investigate a suspect and has now destroyed most of the investigation documents, including phantom images. 17 years after the events, the victim, now a woman of 27 years, testified in court.
I don't see any mention of DNA in that report, which is what I was asking about

May 28, 2024
Braunschweig News 28/5

That is interesting.
The assailant of the ten year old German child assaulted on the beach, initially spoke to her in English!
He spoke to her and she understood what he was saying. Is it a fair assumption that he spoke in German?
DM's assailant spoke to her in poor Portuguese suggesting that it was not his first language. We know that forensics convicted CB of the crime as well as the positive ID of his friend and partner in crime.
Snip
She said she did not recognise her assailant as he was wearing a mask but said he was muscular and spoke poor Portuguese.

It is not a verbatim transcript. But even should there have been a DNA sample taken from the scene it is highly likely that it was destroyed according to Portuguese procedures.
I believe it was a sheer fluke which led to some material, including body hair, being overlooked from the DM investigation.

May 28, 2024
Braunschweig News 28/5

... and has now destroyed most of the investigation documents, including phantom images

Your original question was she assaulted or just exposed to .My reply was most definitely assaulted resulting in the offender ejaculating at the scene (hence the hint of DNA left at the scene . Apologies if I confused you but I really didn’t want to spell it out it just doesn’t sit well with me.

Your original question was she assaulted or just exposed to .My reply was most definitely assaulted resulting in the offender ejaculating at the scene (hence the hint of DNA left at the scene . Apologies if I confused you but I really didn’t want to spell it out it just doesn’t sit well with me.
OK, I wasn't querying the alleged assault only the bit about DNA. As you mentioned it, I assumed it had been raised as being relevant to the case, but that doesn't seem to be so, there being no suggestion of it having been collected or analysed.

Last edited:
Sometimes it is a struggle when putting into words referring to bodily functions which really are better unsaid. Unfortunately that is the sort of case this is with the alleged perpetrator already having a criminal record for doing just what he was accused of doing :rolleyes:

It is the puerile explanations which really do take the biscuit though. CB's body hair was not transferred into the forensic file because he had stroked her cat in passing. His body hair was in her bed ... not just one ... but several.

The excuse of urinating while crouching under the slide in the children's playground just doesn't hold water either. It was checked at the time and the ground was completely dry.

OK, I wasn't querying the alleged assault only the bit about DNA. As you mentioned it, I assumed it had been raised as being relevant to the case, but that doesn't seem to be so, there being no suggestion of it having been collected or analysed.
Sadly there wasn’t even a visit by the PJ to the crime scene to collect any possible evidence and was closed on the 14th April and not flagged up when MM went missing, huge error imo.

Can't see why it should have been flagged as there was nothing in common between the two events other than both vitims being female, albeit of quite different ages.

My take is a naked 6ft German described in detail sexually assaulting a child,age has no relevance regarding CB. Do you still follow the exposure
belief ?

My take is a naked 6ft German described in detail sexually assaulting a child,age has no relevance regarding CB. Do you still follow the exposure
belief ?
No such description regarding MM so reason to connect them. Indeed, no evidence of assault at all in the case of MM. IMO

I think anyone involved in the sexual assault of children living and
lived in close proximity to PDL should have been looked into.Do you believe the JE case was sa against a child or just exposure ?

belief ?
RSBM

No question it’s an assault IMO, he physically grabbed a ten-year-old and masturbated, that’s way more than exposure.

I do however think there are some points that don’t support this being CB.

I think anyone involved in the sexual assault of children living and
lived in close proximity to PDL should have been looked into.Do you believe the JE case was sa against a child or just exposure ?
If there was physical contact then it would be assault.
What remains to be seen is if CB is convicted for it.

If there was physical contact then it would be assault.
What remains to be seen is if CB is convicted for it.

If CB had not still been serving his time for aggravated rape the cancellation of the arrest warrant on the opinion of the judges that none of the witness testimony in five cases was fit for purpose, would have ensured his freedom to walk out of the court and onto the streets right now.

So I would not hold my breath awaiting a conviction from this court.

Proceedings before the 2nd Criminal Division in connection with five offenses against sexual self-determination - File number 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22) - Motion to recuse a professional judge is already inadmissible, in any case unfounded
In the proceedings 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22), the responsible representatives have already rejected the further motion to recuse the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office against a professional judge of the division as inadmissible. In any case, the motion would also have been unfounded.
The next continuation date is scheduled for:

Monday, August 5, 2024, 9:00 a.m., probably room 141

Braunschweig Regional Court, Münzstraße 17, 381002 Braunschweig.

Proceedings before the 2nd Criminal Division in connection with five offenses against sexual self-determination - File number 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22) - Motion to recuse a professional judge is already inadmissible, in any case unfounded
In the proceedings 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22), the responsible representatives have already rejected the further motion to recuse the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office against a professional judge of the division as inadmissible. In any case, the motion would also have been unfounded.
The next continuation date is scheduled for:

Monday, August 5, 2024, 9:00 a.m., probably room 141

Braunschweig Regional Court, Münzstraße 17, 381002 Braunschweig.
Back on with no change to the people steering the ship.

RSBM

No question it’s an assault IMO, he physically grabbed a ten-year-old and masturbated, that’s way more than exposure.

I do however think there are some points that don’t support this being CB.

Sexual assaults are a nightmare to prove particularly so when perpetrated on minors. But the fact is they do happen and anyone with prior convictions are most definitely in the frame, particularly when identified by the child who assisted in recall to make a police efit at the time.

Sheer accident found the evidence to prove without a doubt that CB carried out horrible assaults on this child for which he was convicted.
Snip
Braunschweig. 9th day of the trial:
A single mother travelled several times to CB.
When she helped out at the kiosk checkout, he abused her child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back