Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There’s a danger especially IMO in being so invested in the bigger case - that just normal old criminal litigation gets over interpreted.

The prosecution appeal was a long shot. but probably the only argument they had. no doubt there is bad feeling. not uncommon!

What i am saying is similar things happen every month in cases across the land but we are all hanging on it.

Judges make rulings in cases. One party or other feels it’s biased. but getting Judges removed for actual bias is highly unlikely based only on an adverse ruling. MOO
But it isn't just any old adverse ruling, is it.

The procedures taken against CB were instituted in 2022 when he was charged with five separate and unrelated sexual offences spanning the years and against females of all ages from infants to geriatrics.
CB began committing known and convicted for sexual offences against women and children at a very young age himself while resident in Germany.
He led a peripatetic lifestyle which makes for a very difficult felon to catch. Through the years based in Portugal he maintained his interest in *advertiser censored* and was convicted in 2019 of an aggravated rape committed there in 2024. His return to Germany resulted in a further sexual conviction for offences against a six year old child.

Having been charged on five counts what did the Braunschweig judges do?

It appears they spent a considerable amount of time succumbing to consideration of defence led motions fighting another case entirely. What on earth were they thinking of when allowing their court to consider cases other than the five they should have been concentrating on.

Something went seriously wrong in the Braunschweig court and it is going to take a lot of sorting out because the judicial prejudice displayed throughout these five hearings is massive.
Imagine it! three cases with victim and witness testimony and the judges didn't pick up on a word of it all. Really not good enough :oops:
My opinion

I'm inclined to agree with you here, that because this case is so loaded with the history of how CB came to be on trial for these five cases, people are, as you say, reading all manner of nefarious intent into what is really just fairly commonplace litigation tactics. Bottom line, the prosecution's case against CB seems, on the whole, to have numerous weak spots and accusations of bias on the part of the court can't change that.

I have never heard of trial evidence which relates solely to a case for which no charges have been laid but with witnesses called, taking precedence over a properly constituted trial which is in progress.

I'm inclined to agree with you here, that because this case is so loaded with the history of how CB came to be on trial for these five cases, people are, as you say, reading all manner of nefarious intent into what is really just fairly commonplace litigation tactics. Bottom line, the prosecution's case against CB seems, on the whole, to have numerous weak spots and accusations of bias on the part of the court can't change that.
Perhaps. I have said for some time that I think the investigators/prosscutors have been quite eager to nail CB.

This has been somewhat confirmed by some of the court info like the box factory search and the jail cell bugging etc. it’s all underpinned by HCW’s outlandish media trial for me.

Nothing is certain but I think they have put their professional reputations on the line and it’s difficult for them to wind in their egos and admit they have it wrong. It’s easier for them to stick to the story and claim the courts have it wrong rather than themselves.

Based on what we’ve seen, I can’t understand the thinking that they have any quality evidence in the MM case - I doubt they have much more than what’s in the public domain already.

Nothing is certain but I think they have put their professional reputations on the line and it’s difficult for them to wind in their egos and admit they have it wrong.

RSBM

I've worried about this from the start. Once they went big, they had to get something to show for it, if not the big prize.

This trial may fail for mundane reason. e.g they could get close to convictions, but be just a yard short of BARD standard. Normally that wouldn't be dramatic. But politically they need this.

Blaming the court is the next step I guess.

But let's see what the actual verdicts are. We have no idea what's coming.

RSBM

I've worried about this from the start. Once they went big, they had to get something to show for it, if not the big prize.

This trial may fail for mundane reason. e.g they could get close to convictions, but be just a yard short of BARD standard. Normally that wouldn't be dramatic. But politically they need this.

BIB, yes I think this is right. CB is probably guilty of some of these crimes but the prosecution haven’t proven it… to me anyhow.

I agree on the political comment, they have to continue and push every possibility so that if nothing else they can still claim he is guilty but they can’t get sufficient evidence to prove it.

Your insight from the beginning was very good. You were sceptical of the evidence they had and the German infallibility appear to be very accurate.

RSBM

I think we may have a very good idea about what may be coming. Having heard the eye witness/victims of crime evidence first hand, it appears the evidence is not good enough to sustain the arrest warrants.
Interesting, but a fait accompli for the time being. Although perhaps not entirely the end of the story.

Snip
The decision has been noted, there is nothing more to say, the public prosecutor's office said.

Further decision on rejection of the judge is pending

The court still wants to decide and inform separately about another request for recusal against an individual professional judge. This concerns alleged statements by the judge before the start of the trial, as a spokesman for the public prosecutor's office said, but without giving further details.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back