GUILTY CO - Amy Garcia, 41, shot & burned by man and 12 y.o. son, Huerfano Co, Dec 2018 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a strange, dumb thing for HG to do! But thank goodness he did.
Quoting the link:

The sheriff's office said after his phone pinged in New Mexico, Gleason actually called Huerfano County dispatch to inquire about the homicide investigation. He hung up on the dispatcher after she instructed him to go to the nearest law enforcement agency. Having his number, she called him back, and Gleason then admitted he and his son were sitting in a Santa Fe McDonald's.

Father, 12-year-old son face murder charges after body found burned beyond recognition in Huerfano County

After leaving the state, Heith called dispatch himself in an attempt to throw police off and even told police where he was, believing he had an alibi and all the evidence was destroyed in the fire.

12-year-old involved with murder in Huerfano Co.: police

Last edited:
What a great dad!

GLEASON, HEITH arrested:12/23/17 at 11:40
Arresting Agency: WELD COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
Booking Number: 17-22351
DOB: 12/03/83
Check Custody Status
Arrested for: 1891111A - HARASS (STRIKES SHOVES KICKS O
Bail: $0.00
Arrested for: 186401 - CHILD ABUSE
Weld County: Sheriffs Office Arrested Report

Heith told authorities he was a prior felon and they found that he had other misdemeanor warrants out of Weld County, Colo.

FOX21 checked Weld County records and found that Heith had been arrested last year for harassment and child abuse, also just before the holidays in December.

Capt. Daniels told FOX21 Heith's other son, not the one involved in this alleged murder, also had an active restraining order against him but could not elaborate.

Last edited:
W
What a great dad!

GLEASON, HEITH arrested:12/23/17 at 11:40
Arresting Agency: WELD COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
Booking Number: 17-22351
DOB: 12/03/83
Check Custody Status
Arrested for: 1891111A - HARASS (STRIKES SHOVES KICKS O
Weld County: Sheriffs Office Arrested Report

Heith told authorities he was a prior felon and they found that he had other misdemeanor warrants out of Weld County, Colo.

FOX21 checked Weld County records and found that Heith had been arrested last year for harassment and child abuse, also just before the holidays in December.

Capt. Daniels told FOX21 Heith's other son, not the one involved in this alleged murder, also had an active restraining order against him but could not elaborate.

Why in the world was he allowed to be with his abusive dad!!!

W

Why in the world was he allowed to be with his abusive dad!!!

This was during a school holiday, so he was possibly there because whatever custody agreement was in place required Gage to visit him. You’d think there would be no visitation because of his prior arrest for child abuse, but it can be hard to change these sometimes, so I hear.
Or else his mother is an idiot!

The thing is, I don’t get any sense from looking at HG’s multiple FB pages that he’s a bad guy. But IIRC he hasn’t posted since 2016, so something happened. Or else he was hiding his true nature like Chris Watts. Poor Amy! :(

He's only 12? I wonder if the kid has a history of anything else?

Because if this is the ONLY incident then I might wonder if he was terrified of his Dad and did it on his instruction. Many boys of "macho" fathers are rightfully terrified what will happen if they don't do the "macho" things requested.

I hate to just throw a 12 year old away without making sure he's a sociopath first. Just having a hard time imagining he would have committed this crime on his own. I'm guessing Dad was the mastermind and driving force.

Most 12 year olds don't pick up a gun and kill someone.

He needs to spend a LONG time behind bars. And so does dad.

JMO.

If he was instucted by dad, he could have called 911 or ran to a neighbors house and get help.

Even if he was abused does not excuse the fact that he killed an innocent person. Jmo.

Last edited:
Monday, Jan. 7th:
*Hearing (@ 10am MT) – CO – Amy Garcia (41) (Dec., 2018, Walsenburg, Huerfano County; gf of Heith) – *Heith Gleason (35) arrested (12/21/18 in Santa Fe, NM) & charged (12/20/18) with 1st degree murder.
Arrested last year (2017) for harassment & child abuse, also just before the holidays in December. Heith's other son, not the one involved in this alleged murder, also had an active restraining order against him but could not elaborate. 1/1/19 Update: Has probable cause hearing on 1/22 for case in Weld County. Still in Santa Fe jail has hearing on 1/7, held without bond.
Only for *Gage Gleason (12) arrested (12/21/18 in Santa Fe, NM) & charged (12/20/18) with 1st degree murder. Being extradited out of New Mexico (1/1/19).
12/31/18 Update: Gage will be extradited to a youth detention facility in Colorado after an extradition hearing Monday (12/31/18) in Santa Fe. Gage appeared before District Judge Sarah Singleton & the boy signed documents voluntarily agreeing to be returned to Colorado, where he faces a charge of first-degree murder. Hearing set for 1/7/19.

*Show Probable Cause Hearing (@ 8am MT) – CO – Amy Garcia (41) (Dec., 2018, Walsenburg, Huerfano County; gf of Heith) – only for *Heith Gleason (35) arrested (in Santa Fe, NM) & charged (12/20/18) with 1st degree murder.
Weld County #C622017M3763 (arrested last year (2017) for harassment & child abuse, also just before the holidays in December),
Heith's other son, not the one involved in this alleged murder, also had an active restraining order against him but could not elaborate.
1/1/19 Update: Has probable cause hearing on 1/22 for case in Weld County re 1 count of harassment & 2 counts of child abuse (12/13/17).
1/20/19 Update: Has Preliminary hearing (murder charges) in Huerfano County (#D282018CR279) on 3/22 @ 9am.

*Gage Gleason (12) arrested (in Santa Fe, NM) & charged (12/20/18) with 1st degree murder. Being extradited out of New Mexico (1/1/19).
12/31/18 Update: Gage will be extradited to a youth detention facility in Colorado after an extradition hearing Monday (12/31/18) in Santa Fe. Gage appeared before District Judge Sarah Singleton & the boy signed documents voluntarily agreeing to be returned to Colorado, where he faces a charge of first-degree murder. Hearing set for 1/7/19. Hearing continued to 2/8.
1/20/19 Update: Jury trial set for 5/20 to 5/24/19.

He's only 12? I wonder if the kid has a history of anything else?

Because if this is the ONLY incident then I might wonder if he was terrified of his Dad and did it on his instruction. Many boys of "macho" fathers are rightfully terrified what will happen if they don't do the "macho" things requested.

I hate to just throw a 12 year old away without making sure he's a sociopath first. Just having a hard time imagining he would have committed this crime on his own. I'm guessing Dad was the mastermind and driving force.
Ms Faceitous
Probably not a popular comment amongst some but I agree with you that when young boys ( not forgetting that some are 12 but are like 12 going on 10 in their minds - my son is anyway as I have him and his twin sister and she acts much more emotionally mature than he does ) are brought up with dads who expect them to prove their masculinity at an early age as possible, often it’s because of a combination of idolisation of their father and an equal measure of fear of consequences and ridicule if he doesn’t do it . Plus I’m speculating here but maybe dad doesn’t give praise easily and his son was desperate to impress him and because dad told him to go for it , this was his perfect permission without much thought about it at all almost like automation , certainly no thought as to the consequences because his frontal lobe is not developed enough for him to process it all.

Well - something must have happened yesterday for Heith's Weld County charges, as they are no longer in the court system....

Anyone local see anything?!! TIA! :)

Well - something must have happened yesterday for Heith's Weld County charges, as they are no longer in the court system....

Anyone local see anything?!! TIA! :)
Using the Colorado Judicial Branch Docket Search, once the hearing date passes (i.e., 1/22/19), the docket no longer populates, and the court record for Weld County no longer visible.

Also, defendent HG must have relocated since his charges in Weld County, which is about 250 miles north of Huerfano County (where he allegedly committed murder of AG).

Jan 1, 2019

A 12-year-old boy wanted in connection with a recent homicide in Gardner will be extradited to a youth detention facility in Colorado after an extradition hearing Monday in Santa Fe, according to the Santa Fe New Mexican newspaper

The newspaper reported that Gage Gleason appeared before District Judge Sarah Singleton. He and his father, Heith Gleason, 35, were arrested on a warrant charging the boy with murder at a McDonald’s restaurant in Santa Fe on Dec. 21.

Huerfano County sheriff’s deputies believe the boy shot 41-year-old Amy Garcia, whose body was found behind the steering wheel of her burned-out sedan n front of Heith Gleason’s house on Dec. 20, according to the arrest affidavit.

Garcia’s family members have told Colorado news outlets she was a single mother of four children.

Spencer Wertz alerted Huerfano County Sheriff’s deputies to Garcia’s death.

Wertz told officers he, Heith Gleason, Gage and Garcia had just returned from picking up some alcohol at Garcia’s home in Walsenburg. Garcia was in her car outside the Gleason residence when the elder Gleason picked up a gun, said “I’ll kill her,” and went outside, according to the affidavit.

“Mr. Wertz stated a heard a gunshot but that Mr. Heith Gleason came back into the residence and stated ‘he did not kill her,‘” according to the affidavit. ”[The witness] continued to say that Mr. Gage Gleason then went outside with a .22 caliber firearm with a scope and once more [he] heard more gunshots and that Mr. Heith Gleason then stated his son Gage ‘had earned his man card.’ ”

Authorities tracked the father and son via Heith Gleason’s cellphone — which the warrant says “pinged” in Trinidad and then in Ribera, N.M., — before arresting the pair without incident in Santa Fe.

Santa Fe District Attorney Marco Serna said the boy signed documents voluntarily agreeing to be returned to Colorado, where he faces a charge of first-degree murder, the newpaper reported.

Suspect, 12, in homicide to face charge in Colordao

Heith-Gleason.jpg

Booking photo of Heith Gleason (Huerfano County jail)

Heith-Everett.jpg

December 2018 booking photo of Heith Gleason (Santa Fe, New Mexico jail)

The criminal profile of HG was perhaps a good indicator of what was in store for GG -- his 12 year old son.

HG murdered a single mother of 4 children, not sure what he's smiling about.

Huerfano County man charged with murder returned to Colorado

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back