CO - Angela Craig, 43, mother of 6, allegedly poisoned by cyanide in protein shake by dentist husband, Aurora, Mar 2023

[…]

In motions filed last month, prosecutors revealed text messages between James Craig, 45, and a woman they referred to as his "mistress" as “the most damning evidence” against the father of six so far.

Craig is accused of first-degree murder, among other charges, in the high-profile alleged murder of his wife, Angela Craig. The case has received national media attention.

According to court documents, in the months leading up to Mrs. Craig’s death, her husband asked a woman with whom he appeared to be romantically involved to help him kill her.

On Feb. 2, 2023, he wrote Carrie Hageseth: "Do you know anyone who can help me with my problem down here? I can pay handsomely. I want to be with you.”

The next day, Craig suggested that “hitting up a homeless person actually sounds like the only choice right now.” He added: “I feel so trapped,” according to court documents.

The Google text message conversations between James Craig and Hageseth were found by Aurora Police Det. Bobbi Jo Olson this past February. They started Jan. 14, 2023, and ended a month later.

[…]

In other case developments, Craig fired his attorneys, Andrew Ho, Liz Delay and John Beller of Recht Kornfeld and on May 24 hired longtime Denver criminal defense attorney Harvey Steinberg to represent him.

Steinberg did not return a request for comment in a case which has been troublesome for the defense based on the evidence prosecutors have collected.

Craig is scheduled to appear at a hearing Wednesday afternoon in Arapahoe County court. His two-week trial is scheduled for Aug. 8, 2024.

[…]

In motions filed last month, prosecutors revealed text messages between James Craig, 45, and a woman they referred to as his "mistress" as “the most damning evidence” against the father of six so far.

Craig is accused of first-degree murder, among other charges, in the high-profile alleged murder of his wife, Angela Craig. The case has received national media attention.

According to court documents, in the months leading up to Mrs. Craig’s death, her husband asked a woman with whom he appeared to be romantically involved to help him kill her.

On Feb. 2, 2023, he wrote Carrie Hageseth: "Do you know anyone who can help me with my problem down here? I can pay handsomely. I want to be with you.”

The next day, Craig suggested that “hitting up a homeless person actually sounds like the only choice right now.” He added: “I feel so trapped,” according to court documents.

The Google text message conversations between James Craig and Hageseth were found by Aurora Police Det. Bobbi Jo Olson this past February. They started Jan. 14, 2023, and ended a month later.

[…]

In other case developments, Craig fired his attorneys, Andrew Ho, Liz Delay and John Beller of Recht Kornfeld and on May 24 hired longtime Denver criminal defense attorney Harvey Steinberg to represent him.

Steinberg did not return a request for comment in a case which has been troublesome for the defense based on the evidence prosecutors have collected.

Craig is scheduled to appear at a hearing Wednesday afternoon in Arapahoe County court. His two-week trial is scheduled for Aug. 8, 2024.

She continued to see him?????

Wednesday, June 5th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 2:30pm MT) - CO - *Angela Dawn Pray Craig (43) poisoned (potassium cyanide) by husband & left her brain dead & taken off life support (arrived at hospital on Mar. 16, 2023) & died Mar. 18, 2023, Aurora. *James Toliver Craig (45/now 46) arrested (3/19/23), charged (3/23/23), formally charged (7/12/23) & arraigned (10/9/23) with 1st degree premeditated murder after deliberations & tampering with physical evidence. Amended charges (4/12/24): 1st degree murder (F1) & 2 counts of solicitation to commit with physical evidence [1 for an inmate & 1 for family member]. Held without bond. Bond set at $10M on 6/28/23. Plead not guilty (10/9/23).
Jury selection was set to begin on 8/8/24 & 8/9/24.
Trial was set to begin on 8/13/24 (thru 8/30/24). No court on Mondays.
Defense attorney Harvey Steinberg.

Case & Court info from 3/16/23 thru 4/12/24 reference post #467 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...entist-husband-aurora-mar-2023.670769/page-24

4/16/24 Update: No info on motions hearing. Next preliminary hearing on amended charges on 5/1/24 @ 1:30pm.
5/1/24 Update: The 18th Judicial DA's Office filed a motion on 4/10/24 to add a third count against Craig — an additional solicitation to tamper with physical evidence charge. Craig appeared in court Wednesday to discuss that third charge. The sole witness called was Aurora Police Detective Bobbi Olson, the lead detective on the case. Olson testified that she spoke with an inmate [Kacy Bohannan] who was incarcerated alongside Craig. [Bohannan said Craig asked him to place letters at his house that would appear to be written by his wife, Angela Craig, saying she wasn't happy with life & that she was suicidal. The detective said Bohannan told her Craig wanted someone, like police, to find the letters.]. Craig's defense argued the inmate is unreliable evidence & violates Craig's due process rights. However, the judge ruled the prosecution established probable cause & met their burden of proof. According to a spokesperson with the 18th Judicial District Attorney's Office, the three charges don't need to be tried together, but it will likely happen. The next court appearance for Craig is motions hearing on 6/5/24 @ 2:30pm [for more info see post #468, page 24, thread #1]. Status hearing on 7/26/24 @ 9am & pretrial readiness conference hearing on 8/2/24 @ 8:30am with trial set to begin on 8/8/24 with jury selection.
5/24/24 Update: Case developments: Craig fired his attorneys, Andrew Ho, Liz Delay & John Beller of Recht Kornfeld & 5/24/24 hired longtime Denver criminal defense attorney Harvey Steinberg to represent him.

^^rsbm

Is Hageseth different than the woman he met at a dental conference and who came to Colorado to visit him when his wife was in hospital dying?

What a damaged "human." No thoughts of what this would do to his children. No care for his wife, who is innocent and trying to hold her family together. Taking so many risks, no worries about being caught, as long as he doesn't have to pay out in a divorce and can go live a fake-fantasy life.

He should just plead guilty, IMO.

The evidence being as damning as it is, I imagine his lawyer is working frantically on a plea deal to avoid the death penalty. Whether Craig would accept it is another matter.
I wonder if this delusional monster fired his last attorney because he tried to get him to see the light, and save their families the heartbreak of a trial. The DP abolished in Colorado so it can't be that.

So did Ms Hageseth report him saying these things to her? Or did they just find out by investigating his phone records?

Has anyone talked to this woman? It's the first I heard there was more than one "other woman." I wonder what her response was to him about this! They'd obviously talked about it previously if he's just referring to his wife as "his problem at home", which is disgusting on his part, btw.

I snipped a little more of this article about the woman, CH.

[…]

Hageseth was approached Feb. 21, 2024 by Olson and a Fort Collins police officer whom she trusted after attending a hearing of her own in Larimer County.

She interviewed with them that day at the courthouse and at the Fort Collins police station, according to a defense motion which accused investigators of coercing the interrogations and unlawfully downloading her cellphone information.

During the four-hour police station interview, Hageseth said that at first James Craig joked with her, which she liked, but then in late November or early December of 2022, he started talking about how he “wanted to get rid” of his wife by injecting an untraceable substance “with potassium in its name,” according to the prosecution’s motion.

In the texts, he repeatedly referred to “his problem.” On Valentine's Day 2023, he wrote Hageseth four times asking for help and maintained "It should NOT be this hard!" On Feb. 15, 2023, he wrote, "I want to bless your life."

Hageseth told investigators that Craig had several phone numbers, including Google Voice numbers, and brought up killing his wife “at least five times,” the motion stated, and mentioned that Craig had bought a car for her daughter.

[…]

I snipped a little more of this article about the woman, CH.

[…]

Hageseth was approached Feb. 21, 2024 by Olson and a Fort Collins police officer whom she trusted after attending a hearing of her own in Larimer County.

She interviewed with them that day at the courthouse and at the Fort Collins police station, according to a defense motion which accused investigators of coercing the interrogations and unlawfully downloading her cellphone information.

During the four-hour police station interview, Hageseth said that at first James Craig joked with her, which she liked, but then in late November or early December of 2022, he started talking about how he “wanted to get rid” of his wife by injecting an untraceable substance “with potassium in its name,” according to the prosecution’s motion.

In the texts, he repeatedly referred to “his problem.” On Valentine's Day 2023, he wrote Hageseth four times asking for help and maintained "It should NOT be this hard!" On Feb. 15, 2023, he wrote, "I want to bless your life."

Hageseth told investigators that Craig had several phone numbers, including Google Voice numbers, and brought up killing his wife “at least five times,” the motion stated, and mentioned that Craig had bought a car for her daughter.

[…]

Is he for real? "I want to bless your life"? I will buy you expensive things my MARITAL MONEY but I expect you to be beholden to me. Oh, and kill my wife.

How does an ego get that big?????

Is he for real? "I want to bless your life"? I will buy you expensive things my MARITAL MONEY but I expect you to be beholden to me. Oh, and kill my wife.

How does an ego get that big?????

Has to be to mental illness ... why would anyone buy a traceable drug and solicit murder assistance from someone who you are interested in but with whom it may not work out ?

Feel for his kids ...

6/5/24

The defense claims prosecutors lied to a witness - one of Craig's alleged mistresses - and coerced her into making statements. They want that evidence excluded.

Prosecutors claimed their motion is motivated by desperation, as the witness' claims are 'some of the most damning evidence.'

In their response, they included some of the alleged voice memos between Craig and the witness, which appear to show them discussing Angela's murder.

This poor excuse for a husband has truly gone full circle. I recall Angela's family telling how five years earlier, his wife was experiencing symptoms undiagnosed by doctors (most likely caused by his poisoning efforts), and that he believed she was suicidal because he had voiced wanting to take his own life.

More recently, Craig tried this false story again when he tried to convince an associate that Angela had asked him to order the cyanide for her because she was suicidal but lacked the proper credentials to obtain it herself.

Reminds me of another Colorado husband who'd threaten suicide as an attempt to control his wife who wanted a divorce. And neither wife here would ever kill themselves over their narc husbands. MOO

Craig tied to convince others his wife was suicidal...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohthatmakessense
Back