CO - Angela Craig, 43, mother of 6, allegedly poisoned by cyanide in protein shake by dentist husband, Aurora, Mar 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

@Niner Here are the latest dates.

She granted the requested continuance and set a case management conference hearing for July 2 and a preliminary hearing to deal with an added fourth count against Craig in the murder case for July 23.

Craig's 11-day trial, which was scheduled to begin Aug. 8, now won't likely start until at least November.

@Niner Here are the latest dates.

Thank you! The court site only has the 7/23 date on it right now - but I shall move him to 7/2 as per article.

Tuesday, July 2nd:
*Case Management Hearing (@ am MT) - CO - *Angela Dawn Pray Craig (43) poisoned (potassium cyanide) by husband & left her brain dead & taken off life support (arrived at hospital on Mar. 16, 2023) & died Mar. 18, 2023, Aurora. *James Toliver Craig (45/now 46) arrested (3/19/23), charged (3/23/23), formally charged (7/12/23) & arraigned (10/9/23) with 1st degree premeditated murder after deliberations & tampering with physical evidence. Amended charges (4/12/24): 1st degree murder (F1) & 2 counts of solicitation to commit with physical evidence [1 for an inmate & 1 for family member]. Held without bond. Bond set at $10M on 6/28/23. Plead not guilty (10/9/23).
Jury selection was set to begin on 8/8/24 & 8/9/24. Court deleted these from court site.
Trial was set to begin on 8/13/24 continued as Craig got new attorneys. No court on Mondays. All start @ 8:30am.
Defense attorney Harvey Steinberg.

Case & Court info from 3/16/23 thru 5/1/24 reference post #486 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...entist-husband-aurora-mar-2023.670769/page-25

5/24/24 Update: Case developments: Craig fired his attorneys, Andrew Ho, Liz Delay & John Beller of Recht Kornfeld & 5/24/24 hired longtime Denver criminal defense attorney Harvey Steinberg to represent him.
6/5/24 Update: The defense claims prosecutors lied to a witness-one of Craig's alleged mistresses & coerced her into making statements. They want that evidence excluded. Prosecutors claimed their motion is motivated by desperation, as the witness' claims are 'some of the most damning evidence.' In their response, they included some of the alleged voice memos between Craig & the witness, which appear to show them discussing Angela's murder. Court site has cancelled the next hearings 7/26 & 8/2 & trial dates beginning 8/8/24. Next preliminary hearing on 7/23/24 @ 10am.
6/14/24 Update: Craig switched attorneys just 2 months before his criminal trial The Judge granted the requested continuance & set a case management conference hearing for 7/2/24 & a preliminary hearing to deal with an added fourth count against Craig in the murder case for 7/23/24. Craig's 11-day trial, which was scheduled to begin Aug. 8, now won't likely start until at least November.

• 7/19/2024
    Time: 11:30 AM
    Name: CRAIG, JAMES
    Case Number: 2023CR664
    Hearing Type: Case Management Conference
    Appearance Type: IN PERSON
    Courtroom: 308

• Date: 7/23/2024
    Time: 10:00 AM
    Name: CRAIG, JAMES
    Case Number: 2023CR664
    Hearing Type: Preliminary Hearing
    Appearance Type: IN PERSON
    Courtroom: 308

Colorado Judicial Branch

Friday, July 19th:
*Case Management Hearing (@ 11:30am MT) - CO - *Angela Dawn Pray Craig (43) poisoned (potassium cyanide) by husband & left her brain dead & taken off life support (arrived at hospital on Mar. 16, 2023) & died Mar. 18, 2023, Aurora. *James Toliver Craig (45/now 46) arrested (3/19/23), charged (3/23/23), formally charged (7/12/23) & arraigned (10/9/23) with 1st degree premeditated murder after deliberations & tampering with physical evidence. Amended charges (4/12/24): 1st degree murder (F1) & 2 counts of solicitation to commit with physical evidence [1 for an inmate & 1 for family member]. Held without bond. Bond set at $10M on 6/28/23. Plead not guilty (10/9/23). Arapahoe County
Jury selection was set to begin on 8/8/24 & 8/9/24. Court deleted these from court site.
Trial was set to begin on 8/13/24 continued as Craig got new attorneys. No court on Mondays. All start @ 8:30am.
Defense attorney Harvey Steinberg is gone on 7/2/24. No name for new defense attorney.

Case & Court info from 3/16/23 thru 6/5/24 reference post #504 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...entist-husband-aurora-mar-2023.670769/page-26

6/14/24 Update: Craig switched attorneys just 2 months before his criminal trial. The Judge granted the requested continuance & set a case management conference hearing for 7/2/24 & a preliminary hearing to deal with an added fourth count against Craig in the murder case for 7/23/24. Craig's 11-day trial, which was scheduled to begin Aug. 8, now won't likely start until at least November.
7/2/24 Update: Judge granted the requested continuance & will deal with the 4th count against Craig for a preliminary hearing on 7/23/24. 7/15/24 Update: Next case management conference hearing on 7/19/24 @ 11:30am. And then preliminary hearing on 7/23/24 @ 10am.

I am so sad for Angela, and their children. The only good thing about this horrible account is how solid the investigation and evidence against JC is.

I am a dentist, and spend a lot of time on Websleuths. Often I tell my patients about the case I am reading about, during long appointments. (Distraction is such a blessing in the dental surgery) They will all be hearing about this monster tomorrow
I don't think I would enjoy a dentist telling me about a dentist killing someone while I'm basically helpless in the chair. Just sayin'.

So - what happened at the last hearing? He is NOT coming up on the court site this morning.

Is there still the preliminary hearing on 7/23? TIA if anyone knows! :)

@Niner During the hearing on Friday, the preliminary hearing for the charge of solicitation to commit tampering with physical evidence that was set for next Tuesday has been pushed back to Aug. 15. The trial pertaining to all other charges was postponed until December 2. No explanation for the delay is provided in the article.

@Niner During the hearing on Friday, the preliminary hearing for the charge of solicitation to commit tampering with physical evidence that was set for next Tuesday has been pushed back to Aug. 15. The trial pertaining to all other charges was postponed until December 2. No explanation for the delay is provided in the article.

Glad you told me what the article says - denied over here in the EU.... Thanks!

Updated: 3:02 PM MDT July 19, 2024

AURORA, Colo. — The trial for a dentist accused of killing his wife by poisoning her with potassium cyanide and Visine eye drops has been pushed back several months.

The new dates were set when James Craig appeared in court Friday morning. Instead of going to trial next month, he's now set for trial in early December in connection with the death of his wife, Angela Craig.

[..]

His trial for the other charges, including first-degree murder, is now set to begin on Dec. 2. James Craig's trial was previously delayed because a key witness was ill.

Updated: 3:02 PM MDT July 19, 2024

AURORA, Colo. — The trial for a dentist accused of killing his wife by poisoning her with potassium cyanide and Visine eye drops has been pushed back several months.

The new dates were set when James Craig appeared in court Friday morning. Instead of going to trial next month, he's now set for trial in early December in connection with the death of his wife, Angela Craig.

[..]

His trial for the other charges, including first-degree murder, is now set to begin on Dec. 2. James Craig's trial was previously delayed because a key witness was ill.

Ah - his trial on 12/2/24 - thanks - thought it was just a hearing.
So - from the setting - trial was to start on 8/13 - and jury selection was on 8/8 (Thurs) & 8/9 (Fri) - does that mean jury selection will - from Nov. 25 (Mon) to maybe Wed 11/27 - as Thanksgiving is on that Thurs. I guess nothing on jury selection date mentioned? The court site still has nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back