Judicial District: 18th Judicial District
Year Solved:
Race: Caucasian
NamUs Case #: Unknown
Eyes: Brown
NCMEC Case #: Unknown
Hair: Brown

About this Case:​

On July 6, 1987 Lynda Avery's body was found in the basement of the house in which she was living. The cause of death was multiple stab wounds and her throat had also been cut several times. The investigation revealed Lynda frequented bars in the Denver and Glendale areas. She lived with her sister and brother-in-law who had recently moved from Aurora to Washington State and were planning to sell the home. Lynda was living alone at the time of the homicide and was dating an individual by the name of "Steve". No witnesses were found who could put Lynda with any particular individual that night. Anyone with information regarding this case, is asked to please contact the Aurora Police Department.

If you have any information about this case, please contact:​

Aurora Police Department
Aurora
Colorado

In 2022, I reached out to Lynda's family with information on a potential lead. I have been in close contact with Lynda's sister ever since. We each do our own research and update each other periodically. The information I was able to provide in 2022 was enough to get the Aurora Cold Case Detective to actively start working Lynda's case.
Although the person that I pointed to as a potential suspect doesn't seem to be the focus of the investigation any longer, my tip generated momentum and new developments in the case. New DNA testing has been and is currently being done.

I don't have much info other than I know that police looked closely at a man named Steve Crigler. He was a suspect in 1987 and, as far as I know, is still considered a suspect. The detective isn't saying much but I want to get Steve Crigler's name out there to see if anyone has any information. Crigler currently works in Littleton, CO. As far as I know, he has lived in the Denver, CO Metro area for the past 40+ years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict
Back