CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnipped quoted post>

Have you listened to the two part series of this case by The Vanished Podcast? Archive

<modsnipped response to removed post>

Another caregiver who had access to the house is a possibility.

However, EB had motive, means, and opportunity. She has a history of threatening / stalking the children of her ex lovers, apparent mental instability, and IMO very violent tendencies. The whole story about a butcher knife falling off the counter and stabbing her in the stomach while she was pregnant is complete baloney, imo. It's more likely she had a psychosis episode and stabbed herself/ her baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Police have never named a suspect in this case.

Isn’t person of interest kinda like the same thing because they did name a person of interest they just probably don’t have enough info to tie her to the crime but they have interviewed her and have enough evidence to warrant that she could have some direct knowledge to the case or what happened to Christopher

nothing that i can recall on small infant cases or children that young. i did find some stuff out today if its not allowed to be posted mods please remove.

<modsnipped sleuthing facebook>
As I said before, Carlina White and Marx Barnes both fit this category. Other abducted infants have been found but I don't think any of them were found by questions the person themselves asked.

<modsnipped quoted post>

Will say a prayer. Gonna try to get on FB to see his posts if they're still there. I don't suggest people post because public backlash can suck. People may call him on FB messenger. It's very risky. I don't know why LE are doing that to him. Really makes them look like fools that they can't keep a secret.

I spoke to Denise before her mom passed about doing Ancestry DNA. Her mom is there, I believe she said her dad did one too.I recently spoke to her about uploading to the free sites, I have to hit her up again to see, she gets really busy.

I highly suggest you and your friend consider doing an Ancestry DNA test. I have a post on a public forum (and will paste it in below) on how to upload to my heritage, GEDmatch and GEDmatch Genesis for free ethnicity and family matching. My Heritage also has a bunch of cool tools free like sorting matches by country, chromosome browser, surnames of matches and their family tree. Also FTDNA allows free uploads for family matching. For $19 you can get chromosome browser and ethnicity. I'm not sure if it's on sale, let me know if he's interested, I can see if I find a sale for him. Some time Amazon has a sale. It will come back before LE tests usually depending on if NamUs/UNT did it. If NamUs/UNT then 6 months I believe. Ancestry 2 months max.

Link to my post
Family tree and DNA general instructions

Updated with more links
I originally wrote part of this as a reply to someone, hopefully what I've learned will help someone not waste time doing their tree. If anyone has any tips or correction of info, please let me know. I've been doing my family tree since fall of 2015, our DNA June 2016 so am fairly new myself. I wish I had found a basic guide but instead learned everything the hard way. My goal is to leave a tree for my kids, grand kids and my hubs grand daughter that we do not see, so she only knows her maternal history.

I started my family tree on My Heritage a year and a half ago. It's been a learning experience. My parents both came to the US from Hungary in the late 50's. My dad passed away 11 years ago, his brother only speaks Hungarian which I do not speak. My uncle gave me what he knew of their family (father, mother and her parents) when I had someone to translate a letter. My mothers relatives are in Hungary too, I have one Hungarian cousin who can answer basic questions using google translate, so I have a little help if needed. He gave me my grandparents, grand mothers maiden name plus my mothers siblings that I didn't know, I still need some date of births and locations. I have 2 kids, my daughter is in the same boat with immigrant grand parents from Poland and Germany while I had a good amount of info on my son's side. I have help from my kids grandmothers when needed. For my hub I had a good amount on his mothers side but not his fathers. I was able to start my tree with a decent amount of info. Now I have about 2,000 people in my tree at Ancestry.

So, I did my 1st tree on My Heritage, it gave me matches and some times smart matches where I looked at the match, was able to take what I needed to add to my own tree. At one point someone copied my kids relatives; so I ended up going to Ancestry to work in private; so far it's been great. I keep my main tree there. I've gotten pretty far because Ancestry gives you hints too. With the free account you can't save the hints, you have to type the info out yourself which is no big deal. I really do not do much with the tree at my heritage any more but that may change after I do my DNA there or if I run into a relative road block. I'll enter them to see if I get a match on someone elses tree.

I've used Family Search for records in the past. At some point I realized they gave free family trees too, so I started a basic one there. The tree view itself takes some getting used to but the person profiles are what I mainly use it for; I then go to their records search page to get info on a relative I'm working on at ancestry. The only time I add more relatives to my family search tree is when I run into a dead end so to speak. What's nice is they let you attach those records to the person profile in the tree. I have found more records at family search for some relatives then I have at ancestry. What I like about family search is that when you're entering say parents for your mother, it will do a search to see if she's already listed there; you may get lucky with a full tree branch as a result; which you then attach there, and when you have time, enter it into your tree at ancestry. It's not going to be a quick process; but you'll get rewarded with knowing more about your family and who you're working on.

When you do your tree, make sure you pay attention to privacy settings. Some people make their trees public but mine is private because I have relatives that are private people, they do not want their info to be public. I personally do not want my info public either. As a matter of fact, check out the thread 'Creepy' genealogy site knows a lot about you, it's about the site Familytreenow.com. In the search, enter your name; parents, grand parents, see what you come up with. That will give you an idea of what a public tree is like; info at anyone's finger tips. If you keep your tree private at ancestry or my heritage, people have to ask for an invite to view your tree. I didn't know about security when I started. I have not paid at any site and have not used my free trial at ancestry yet. I'm doing everything as a free account. I'm saving the free 2 week trial until I run into a dead end. Right now I'm getting tons of free info on 3 sites. IT takes more time entering things yourself but I feel it's worth it because the cost of membership at My Heritage or Ancestry is pretty steep. It wouldn't be bad if they did $10 a month but they want the hundred dollars or more in one shot. I'm going to need the world explorer which is a lot more.

Once you make a tree on Ancestry or My Heritage, you want to go to tree settings, save as GEDcom file. It's easier to make a tree on one site then upload the GEDcom file to other sites. I didn't know this when I started, had I known it, I would have started on Ancestry, then uploaded the GEDcom file to my heritage. I wasted a lot of time retyping my tree not knowing about it. Family Search also does GEDcom files, I haven't tried it so can't offer anything.

Family Tree Sites and GEDcom Files - Back up your family tree to upload to other sites

Ancestry - go to your family tree, next click the name of your tree in the top left corner, you'll see tree settings, click on it. On the right side you'll see a white box with Your home person in this tree; Your home person in this tree; Hint preferences; Manage your tree - Export your family tree data, as a GEDCOM file, to your computer, the GEDcom download will take a few seconds to generate.

My Heritage - Go to your profile, At the top it says home, family tree, discoveries, DNA, photos, research; mouse over family tree you'll see import GEDcom and manage trees, click manage trees, on the far right under actions you'll see export to GEDcom. My Heritage is limited with free family tree accounts. I have 203 people in my tree, it's telling me I have reached the maximum and will have to pay to add more people.

Family Tree DNA FTDNA - Log into FTDNA, you'll be on the main page that shows Welcome to myFTDNA with your account info in the left box, you can't miss where it says family tree; which you click then upload GEDcom is right there.

Family Search Scroll down on the main page, you'll see Do You Have a GEDCOM File? Preserve and Share Your Family Tree. You'll then see Submit Your Tree. To submit your tree, you must sign in or register with FamilySearch.org. What does it mean to submit your family tree? When you submit your family tree, you can upload a GEDCOM file so that others can search it on FamilySearch.org. This process replaces the Share My Genealogy feature that was used to submit information to the Pedigree Resource File (PRF). It then goes more into detail. Family Search trees are public trees, which I only recently found out. They do protect living people so only you will be able to see the info you add but I'm unsure exactly what others see so it's on my list of things to check out.

wikitree is a public tree. It's a community of genealogists trying to connect the world on one tree. I have not spent much time on wikitree so I can't really say anything about it except it's a decent place to get info for your own tree, but from experience you have to make sure you check what they have because it could be incorrect. There is a relative of my son's family there who has a lot of wrong information. I left comments on some of the profiles that have wrong info, she has not fixed it yet. I've emailed her asking to be on the safe list for the relatives because some are set to private, she hasn't answered. I haven't had time to go back to wikitree to each relatives profile to ask to be put on the safe list for each of the relatives we share. From what I see you have to sign up to volunteer before they'll let you do anything such as edit incorrect info.

Now to the DNA

Where should you test? I personally suggest Ancestry because of their family tree feature. I have not done 23 and me yet, last I read it was on a new chip that can't be uploaded to all of the sites except Genesis. Once you get your DNA raw results at Ancestry, upload to My Heritage for free ethnicity, family matching, chromosome browser, surnames and family trees when available. FTDNA gives free family matching and for a small fee (under $20) you can get chromosome browser and ethnicity. Also GEDmatch and GEDmatch Genesis for free ethnicity and family matching. Please note, it is a public site where law enforcement have been using. I personally use nicknames for my 6 samples and do not have a family tree GEDcom file. My email also does not use my name, it goes to "Rose Lover".

For anyone needing advice on which DNA test to buy, see the blog post by PA2UK
Which DNA Test Should I Buy? A Comprehensive DNA Buying Guide

Ancestry DNA RAW File Download
How to access and download your autosomal DNA results from AncestryDNA once you're ready to upload to other sites.

1. Navigate to the Ancestry.com website homepage.
2. In the upper-right corner, click Sign In to display the sign in window.
3. In the Username or email field, enter your username or email.
4. In the Password field, enter your password.
5. Click Sign In. Your Ancestry home page is displayed.
6. On the menu bar, click DNA > Your DNA Results Summary. The AncestryDNA home page is displayed.
7. On the right side of the page, click Settings. Your Test Settings page is displayed.
8. Scroll down the page.
9. On the right side of the page, in the Download your raw DNA data section, click Get Started. The Download your raw DNA data window is displayed.
10. Enter your password in the empty field.
11. Click Confirm. A window requesting that you check your email is displayed.
12. Check your email for an email from AncestryDNA with the subject line Your request to download AncestryDNA raw data.
13. In the email, click Confirm Data Download. You will be redirected to the Ancestry.com website.
14. Enter your username or email and password in the appropriate fields, and click Sign In. The Download DNA Raw Data page is displayed.
15. Click Download DNA Raw Data to download your raw data file. Note where you save the file on your computer

23andme Accessing your Raw Data

FTDNA Accessing your Raw Data to upload to GEDmatch

23 and me offers 2 tests, one for family finder ($99) and another for health ($200). If you do the family finder without health and you're interested in doing the health later on it will cost you an extra $25 so be aware of that. They do not support uploads from other sites. 23 and me uses a new chip that can only be uploaded to GEDmatch Genesis. If anyone wants to get their moneys worth, use ancestry. If your sample won't upload there is an online fixer tool

Ancestry DNA - costs $99 plus $10 shipping. They do not allow uploads from other companies. Tests normally go on sale mothers and father's day, black Friday $69 and the Christmas holiday $79. I have a coupon code in my 1st post here I believe where it's $89 but you have to add the $10 shipping to it. It's very easy to buy more tests to add it to the people in your tree.

Family Tree DNA costs $79 or you can transfer your Ancestry DNA or 23 and Me autosomal DNA data to discover new matches for free. For $19 more they will give you myOrigins, ancientOrigins and Chromosome Browser. I haven't done it yet. I plan to do it at some point so I can get the experience. I have directions on how to upload multiple raw data files at FTDNA in case anyone gets stuck. Once you have the 1st one uploaded and have electronically signed it, logout of FamilyTreeDNA, then select the drop down box "DNA Tests" and select the "Autosomal Transfer". Fill out First Name and Last name of the person who's test you will be uploading and select if they are male or female and then enter your email address if you are the person who will administer this account. It will then assign you a new kit number and email you a new password for the kit. Then it will proceed to the upload DNA page. Make sure you look for the password email. You're going to get one for each sample you upload. You have to upload your family tree GEDcom file for each sample which is a pain in the butt but over all it's been a good experience. Directions page in case anyone needs it.

My Heritage DNA is normally $99 but they're selling it for $79. They're a new company so you may not get many matches. I didn't have many matches until recently. Their database has really grown.. They allow free uploads from Ancestry, 23 and me and FTDNA. June 2017 - New, they now give free ethnicity estimates. I won a kit from My Heritage for a founders project. They were interested in me because my family has lived in Hungary for a long time. I got my ethnicity report from it, I'm 96.3% East European and 3.7% Italian. It took 6 months, they wouldn't release it until they were done analyzing data from everyone that was in the project. They did give me DNA matches, I only have 5 where on FTDNA and Ancestry I have a lot more. To upload your DNA from another company, go to your profile, you will see the DNA tab where you can upload your raw data. They're saying they will eventually be charging to upload raw data. They're also going to add a surname feature where they will give surnames at some point. To upload DNA to another person in your tree, find them on the tree then click their name, it will open a box on the left that has the link to upload.

My Heritage has a lot of neat features they recently added. I'll post a link to their newest blog about it
Introducing the New DNA Match Review Page

My Heritage free kits to adoptees and birth family - For any adoptees, my heritage is giving away free tests, you only have to apply. It's called DNA Quest main site
DNA Quest application

WeGene, - gives ethnicity for free as well as haplogroup. I'm still learning the site. 23andme's V5 chip now has been supported by WeGene. Users who tested with 23andme after August and uploaded your data shall have access to your ancestry composition analysis and others

GEDmatch Genesis Also be sure to upload to here too as it is separate from GEDmatch. Right now it's beta, eventually it will be merged with GEDmatch. IT contains results from the major 3 as well as results from 24 Genetics, Atlas, Complete Genomics, DNA Land, Full Genomes, Gencove, Gene By Gene, Genes For Good, Genos, GPS Originas, HGDP (Stanford), Living DNA, NatGeo, Oxford (FTDNA), We Gene, YSEQ, and some labs that a few of my matches used; Parabon, Dante Labs, Whole Genome and other sites that are not supported with regular GEDmatch. It also says there are more accurate matching tools.

GEDmatch where you can upload both your DNA and a GEDcom file; look for matches and do all sorts of things with finding out your ethnicity that's more involved then any of the other companies. They go back to hunter-gatherer. GEDmatch upload in case you can't find it. It only takes a few minutes to upload the DNA, then you can play around with the tools. Full results will come in a day or 2. I have not spent much time here so can't go into more detail on the matches. There are tutorials on DNA matching that I have not read yet. Click here to register

To get the break down on your ethnicity, see below GEDmatch Heritage Tool

GEDmatch Tools for DNA and Genealogy Research -
Analyze Your Data
'One-to-one' compare
X 'One-to-one'
Admixture (heritage) - Eurogenes and other admixture utilities
Admixture/Oracle with Population Search
Phasing
People who match one or both of 2 kits Updated
Predict Eye Color
Are your parents related?
3D Chromosome Browser
Archaic DNA matches
Multiple Kit Analysis NEW
DNA File Diagnostic Utility

GEDmatch Heritage Tool
copy your DNA sample number, go to Admixture (heritage), select project, Eurogenes. Next page, Select how you want to process it: Admixture Proportions (With link to Oracle); Enter your kit number: Select the 'calculator' model to use: Eurogenes K13, Enter your Ethnicity: you'll then get the graph, Eurogenes K13 Admixture Proportions; under the populations on the left, you'll see oracle and oracle -4
Here's a basic intro guide to gedmatch's admixture calculators: Genealogical Musings: Finally! A Gedmatch Admixture Guide!

Near East Neolithic K13 - select Admixture (heritage), Select the project GedrosiaDNA, Select how you want to process it: Admixture Proportions (With link to Oracle); Enter your kit number; Select the 'calculator' model to use: Near East Neolithic K13

DNA Land - free upload of raw data. See the Frequently Asked Questions to see what you can do and directions to upload multiple raw data files from other relatives

Q - I have consent from a number of my family members to upload their DNA files/I have DNA files from all three of the companies, but I only have one email address. Is there anyway I can make multiple accounts with one email? (top)
A - We can currently handle a single genotype file per user/account as part of the consent process. But, if you are able to use a Gmail account, there is a trick that will allow you to create all your accounts using one email address. Say that your Gmail address is dna.land.user@gmail.com. To upload another family member (say your mother) to DNA.Land, create an account with the email dna.land.user+mom@gmail.com. Though it may look weird, DNA.Land will accept this as a valid email account. When we send the validation email to dna.land.user+mom@gmail.com, Google will redirect the message to YOUR account (dna.land.user@gmail.com). You can do that for as many genomes as you’d like, all under one Gmail account

Those that have done DNA, please consider uploading your results to GEDmatch and GEDmatch Genesis (directions above) as there is a new organization by Colleen Fitzpatrick and Margaret Press called DNA Doe Project, they're taking on Doe cases, right now Lyle Stevik and Buckskin Girl have been identified by them.

To see a list of their cases go to DNA Doe Project Cases. Here is their FB page DNA Doe Project

Yes, I recall her. I mean a baby or small enough child, where it wouldn’t be immediately evident that the adult now claiming to be the child was, in fact, that child.

Not sure exactly what you're asking but there have been a few stolen babies found when they're in their 20's. One girl (African American) was a few years ago. I want to say she's from Maryland, Virginia or one of the Eastern states under it

Have you listened to the two part series of this case by The Vanished Podcast? Archive

<modsnipped>

Another caregiver who had access to the house is a possibility.

However, EB had motive, means, and opportunity. She has a history of threatening / stalking the children of her ex lovers, apparent mental instability, and IMO very violent tendencies. The whole story about a butcher knife falling off the counter and stabbing her in the stomach while she was pregnant is complete baloney, imo. It's more likely she had a psychosis episode and stabbed herself/ her baby.

I'm not big on podcasts but I think I listened to it. There is no way someone other then EB took Christopher. Period. <modsnipped> I'm shocked she didn't go after EB, cause I probably would have.

Someone asked if the sister had a caregiver. Back then either she was in a home for kids like her or stayed with the family with the parents doing the caring. I don't recall anyone I knew with a downs syndrome child having outside help back then.

After seeing the picture, yes, he does very much look like Christopher (as a toddler). <modsnipped reference to facebook comments>

After seeing the picture, yes, he does very much look like Christopher (as a toddler).<modsnipped>

For those asking for a link, see Christopher Abeyta FB
There are some screen shots as comments in this 4th post down

I have seen a few things he said but have not seen anything out of line. Unless your paternity has been called into question, you really can't know how someone feels, especially if he believes he's Christopher. Remember he will be 33 years old. Christopher is a few weeks younger then my son. I learned at 40 that my dad may not be my dad; I had a hard time dealing with it and even after taking DNA 2 hours after he passed (he's my father) I still have a hard time dealing with it. It's very emotional. I can't imagine thinking I'm a stolen child growing up in a household like he did. I hope the test brings him some peace either way.

I'm not big on podcasts but I think I listened to it. There is no way someone other then EB took Christopher. Period. There is no way Mrs Abeyta did something to him. I'm shocked she didn't go after EB, cause I probably would have.

Someone asked if the sister had a caregiver. Back then either she was in a home for kids like her or stayed with the family with the parents doing the caring. I don't recall anyone I knew with a downs syndrome child having outside help back then.

Roselvr, we've posted together on many cases down through the years. I respect you. I'm a bit concerned by the statement from one of us, who are not LEO's, stating something as emphatic as " There is no way someone other (than) EB took Christopher. Period. "
This is not what LE says about what happens when an infant who is not walking or talking disappears. Statistics of infants reported abducted from a private home in a low- risk area usually fall into 2 categories: 1) Accidental death covered up or 2) murder within the family which is covered up.

Also, maybe the area of caregivers for DS children hasn't been covered well due to privacy of the children involved, but they did exist in the 1980's and they exist now if the congressional district has obtained funding for special needs children. I have a child just a bit older than Christopher and my child, who is a non-disadvantaged adult now, was in preschool through HS graduation with some DS children, both boys and girls, as well as several extremely premature children with lasting physical and developmental issues ( usually forms of Cerebral Palsy) which required special care.

Also, I went to college with a young lady in the late 1970's whose mother likely received a drug during pregnancy similar to Thalidomide ( given in the U.K. for nausea but not ever cleared by the FDA in the US) which caused the girl to be born without complete limbs. This was before the era of huge lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies, but the young woman had a " special friend" who was about our ages and was her paid caregiver. Since the girl with agenesis of the long bones was apparently living quite some distance from her parents or they were deceased, her companion caregiver was paid out of a government grant by the college. We all knew it, she was very happy to have the help and praised the government for getting her the help she needed to be a full time student and learn skills to be a productive member of society as a young adult.

It was a live- in position and I remember the student saying that her companion helped her while she was living away from home by doing things to help her with her prosthetic applications and removals every AM and PM, carried her textbooks and study materials, helped her with the recording of all her lectures, assisted her as necessary with living tasks such as grocery shopping and financials such as check writing, and not least of all, drove her where she needed or wanted to go and was there to help her out of her apartment in case there was a fire. She would not have been able to apply her prosthetic limbs alone with the machines available in the time needed to get out of harm's way.

Regarding very young children to teens and above with caregivers who had their salaries paid by government subsidies, I saw children with their personal aides. I talked to their moms because of my career and my interest in how a family with several children affords what would usually have been considered " private healthcare aide" level of care, which is very expensive.
I found out that the total amount of the services rendered to the child ( children) were usually paid by the school district in a city school system from special funding they had applied for and received through their Senators and/ or House of Rep. members of Congress for their district. Because we did NOT live in an area with an unusual number of special needs children, this was funding that was made available to each district. Factors such as the income level of the parents or if the child was in a public, private or parochial school did not affect the enrichment programs the children who needed the services received. Again, this was during the time period of the 80's, and I'd expect funding to be almost nil for such programs at this time in our country, but it's not.

I just talked to a friend of mine who is the great- grandfather of a little girl who has profound developmental delays as part of her premature birth which caused C.P.
I talk with him often but wanted an update on her services provided to the family free of charge. Not only does she have braces, splints to prevent contractures, and all kinds of mobility aids as she is a large child for a 6 year old ( I suspect she was being overfed when she could take food by mouth) she does have a personal aide at preschool and will have one for all her life. This person performs all her personal cleaning and care, and makes sure she's comfortable enough to interact to her best ability with her environment, her peers and teachers at preschool. She ALSO has a rotation of personal aidea accompanying her everywhere on weekends and who get up to suction her and turn her in the night time. They do her exercises and bathe and change her.
Her great- grandfather told me that she's been diagnosed with a " wasting brain syndrome" and her life expectancy has been greatly reduced, which is a heartbreaking thing for he and his wife, but that child has had extraordinary care which had nothing to do with any type of legal settlement or the like because there wasn't any litigation over a natural birth which was at approx. 30 weeks' gestation.

The child has many resources despite living in a legal gray area, as as she was handed over by her very young parents to the great-grandparents shortly after birth. The parents, who are in an above- average income bracket have legal custody but do NOT contribute financially to her life in any way, while the great- grandparents, who are on Medicare as over 65 age senior adults, are maintaining physical custody to try to help the child most of all, and possibly help keep the parents stay together with their 4 other children under the age of 6 ( one set of twins and a baby per year).

Answers to questions aren't usually black and white. In this long- missing child case, there are many gray areas at present and there always have been.
LE is stating they don't think the guy who's come forward is Christopher Abeyta. Why would they say that before DNA testing is done, do you think?
Also, if E.B. is " absolutely guilty" as you've said, why hasn't there been enough evidence to charge her? Why is she not called a " person of interest" in the case by LE?

I know we all have opinions, and mine is that this little boy who was still too young to walk or talk LIKELY met his demise on the same night that he disappeared, the night that his father finally came home to his family. I do not have a strong opinion as to whether the father's former mistress abducted him, but statistics say not. Most very young children who are considered missing are not alive 24 hours after they go missing. They can't leave if they can't walk, so they aren't runaways. Likely, they are murdered or killed accidentally and the crimes are covered up. Tiny bodies may not be found for decades, if at all.
Of course, there are very rare exceptions, and there is a very tiny percentage of a chance that the Abeyta case will be one of those rare exceptions over 30 years later.

Not really specific to infants reported abducted or otherwise missing, here is a good key resources page from NCMEC. It helps put the number of children reported missing each year into perspective. It is a tragic epidemic. Key Facts about the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

Also, the Washington Post has a very well written article on the Myths surrounding child abductions. According to their facts published 5 years ago, only 1/100th of 1 percent of all missing children were abducted by a stranger or slightly known acquaintance of the family. The rest of the time, the infant was murdered by someone in the family home.
Here is the article. Number 1 applies more to the Abeyta case than the points regarding older children who may be runaways or in human trafficking, or a non-custodial parental abduction.

Five myths about missing children

For those asking for a link, see Christopher Abeyta FB
There are some screen shots as comments in this 4th post down

I have seen a few things he said but have not seen anything out of line. Unless your paternity has been called into question, you really can't know how someone feels, especially if he believes he's Christopher. Remember he will be 33 years old. Christopher is a few weeks younger then my son. I learned at 40 that my dad may not be my dad; I had a hard time dealing with it and even after taking DNA 2 hours after he passed (he's my father) I still have a hard time dealing with it. It's very emotional. I can't imagine thinking I'm a stolen child growing up in a household like he did. I hope the test brings him some peace either way.

Absolutely Roselvr. None of us could know.

It wasn't on that page that I saw it... well, it was, but it was screenshots from R-----.

EB has been named a person of interest. Having computer issues so I can't go grab the link right now, was about 2 years ago. She knew one of the cops if I remember right. It's probably why all the evidence was "lost" (purged) in an active investigation.

As for the sister being in a care home I don't know but I always thought she wasn't. Denise would be the one to ask; send her a PM she'll answer but she doesn't get here much. PM is the easiest way to get her to come here.

I don’t see any screen shot comments or photo on the FB post. Searched multiple places—no baby photo of the man who is claiming to be Christopher. I only see the age progression photo and the real infant photos of Christopher. Does no other website have the baby photo of this adult man?

I don’t see any screen shot comments or photo on the FB post. Searched multiple places—no baby photo of the man who is claiming to be Christopher. I only see the age progression photo and the real infant photos of Christopher. Does no other website have the baby photo of this adult man?
You have to scroll way back to like July 31st.

The post I linked to has 90 something comments, then you have to open up some of them to see what others posted. There is a screen shot right here of the one post he made showing his photo with baby Christophers. He has a lot of the same features, ears also seem to match. If I remember correctly, his eyes got bluer then the last known photo of Christopher.

<modsnipped>

The post I linked to has 90 something comments, then you have to open up some of them to see what others posted. There is a screen shot right here of the one post he made showing his photo with baby Christophers. He has a lot of the same features, ears also seem to match. If I remember correctly, his eyes got bluer then the last known photo of Christopher.

From what I understand, someone also posted on Reddit but I don't have a link. Those are the only 2 places you will see it unless the OP goes and deletes it.

Roselvr, respectfully, no.
What you have linked to is (L) an age- progression photo that is a mock up of what an adult age Chris Abeyta MIGHT look like. See the heart icon and Missing Kids logo? It's not a genuine photo of anyone.

The photo on the (R) is the baby Christopher Abeyta. This photo was provided by the family to LE.

I hope the grown child is found alive in some way, of course, but the chances are very slim and the age- progression composite is being mis- identified as " the mystery man". It's not him. It's not " anyone" but a very good rendering of what the baby might have grown up to look like.

I hope so much he's found but it's been so long and crime statistics of infants reported missing this long ago are extremely rare and almost never really come true. I will pray for the man to be found or the child's remains to be laid to rest and the case closed, which is a more realistic ending in most infants reported " missing".

Roselvr, respectfully, no.
What you have linked to is (L) an age- progression photo that is a mock up of what an adult age Chris Abeyta MIGHT look like. See the heart icon and Missing Kids logo? It's not a genuine photo of anyone.

The photo on the (R) is the baby Christopher Abeyta. This photo was provided by the family to LE.

I hope the grown child is found alive in some way, of course, but the chances are very slim and the age- progression composite is being mis- identified as " the mystery man". It's not him. It's not " anyone" but a very good rendering of what the baby might have grown up to look like.

I hope so much he's found but it's been so long and crime statistics of infants reported missing this long ago are extremely rare and almost never really come true. I will pray for the man to be found or the child's remains to be laid to rest and the case closed, which is a more realistic ending in most infants reported " missing".

Respectfully (and @Roselvr, correct me if I am wrong) but Roselvr was not directing anyone to the picture in the article, she was directing us to the screenshot in the comments. - See where Roselvr says "screen shot" and "of the one post he made showing his photo with baby Christophers."

If you click into the comments, the screenshot in which I believe Roselvr was discussing, is there for everyone to see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel
Back