Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
9NEWS Denver ‏@9NEWS 2m2 minutes ago
Search dogs began indicating around pond at Olympic Park, therefore a search was initiated. Crews in water discovered body. #FindingDavid

9NEWS Denver ‏@9NEWS 3m3 minutes ago
The area at Olympic Park will be treated as a crime scene, per Chief Metz w/ APD. #FindingDavid

Can't say yet if there is foul play or an accident. Treating the pond as a crime scene.

Body was found in pond in Olympic park I believe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just terrible. :( Glad for a bit of closure but I'm curious what the ME rules as a cause of death.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The tracking dogs and bloodhounds are useless..............they should just leave them at home and quit wasting time. I can't tell you the countless searches that have been conducted using those dogs and eventually the missing person was found dead a few hundred feet away from where they were last seen. The dogs never picked up on a scent........ever. Lindsey Piccone is the most recent one that comes to mind, but there are dozens of others, maybe even hundreds of cases like that. I've evolved to the point now where I think the entire concept of tracking dogs is nothing more than an urban myth.

Also, I think they are expanding the search perimeter out way too far. It was dark, it was cold, he was alone, and he was mad.................he didn't go very far. Like many little boys his age, I'll bet he has a favorite hiding place that few people know about with maybe the exception of his brother and some other friends. If this was a campground or a forest, I would be all for the idea of expanding the search out 3 or 4 miles, but this is an urban area with plenty of good hiding places within a couple of blocks from his home.

Another thing, if his house has a fireplace and a chimney, somebody needs to skedaddle their butt up on the roof and take a look down inside of it.

Do the homes in that area have crawlspaces under their homes? We don't in our area but I have read about crawlspaces being under homes in other sections of the country. Just wondering if he could have crawled in one trying to stay warm but then why wouldn't he just knock on the door and tell them he was lost and cold? 6 year olds are perfectly capable of doing that, imo.

Press Conference 1.3.17 @ 11:10am MST via Periscope (Aurora Police Dept)

----------

Chief Metz, Chief of Police of APD:
- NYE David reported missing from home. Many responded and intensive search and investigation ensued.
- Many agencies involved in case.
- In a pond, a body was found beneath the ice. Appears to be a child's body. Not yet able to identify body conclusively.
- Police have informed family of child's body discovered in pond.
- Area was searched heavily.
- Bloodhounds brought in early in investigation. Not a lot of results. Yesterday a specialty dog was used and this dog hit on the pond. They went into the water and located the body.
- Family has been informed that child's body was located. Family is asking for privacy as they process this tragedy.
- Officers will continue investigation until they have definitive word on the situation.
- Can't say yet if it was a tragic accident or foul play.
- Body was discovered today.
- No indication that any breakage occurred in ice by family or volunteers.
- Will not assume that the body was placed in pond by someone.
- Dog honed in on the pond last night. Request to further search the pond last night.
- Family is not at the pond.

Oh my goodness, I just saw the update. His poor mother. I'm so sorry :'(

It sure looks like it was an accident but wow, what would have caused David to leave his house, go over to Olympic Park and walk into that pond? It's likely there was a thin layer of ice on it on New Year's Eve so maybe he was trying to walk across it?

His poor parents.

They found a small body in a pond close to his house.

Oh no, bless his sweet soul. He probably couldn't see the water before he went in since it may have been dark by then.

What a horrible ending.

Praying for the family.

Press Conference 1.3.17 @ 11:10am MST via Periscope (Aurora Police Dept)

----------

Chief Metz, Chief of Police of APD:
- NYE David reported missing from home. Many responded and intensive search and investigation ensued.
- Many agencies involved in case.
- In a pond, a body was found beneath the ice. Appears to be a child's body. Not yet able to identify body conclusively.
- Police have informed family of child's body discovered in pond.
- Area was searched heavily.
- Bloodhounds brought in early in investigation. Not a lot of results. Yesterday a specialty dog was used and this dog hit on the pond. They went into the water and located the body.
- Family has been informed that child's body was located. Family is asking for privacy as they process this tragedy.
- Officers will continue investigation until they have definitive word on the situation.
- Can't say yet if it was a tragic accident or foul play.
- Body was discovered today.
- No indication that any breakage occurred in ice by family or volunteers.
- Will not assume that the body was placed in pond by someone.
- Dog honed in on the pond last night. Request to further search the pond last night.
- Family is not at the pond.

I would think that between yesterday and last night's temps, a thin layer of ice may have formed over him. We JUST had a talk with our 7yo about water and ice in Colorado winter and that you NEVER go out onto it because it is never thick enough to stand on. Gah this poor family.

Which pond was it?

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/03/david-puckett-aurora-missing-boy-search/
[FONT=&quot]
"A dive team has located the body of a child in a pond in Olympic Park. The body has not been identified as missing 6-year-old David Puckett, but tracking dogs involved in the search for him led the investigation to the pond.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Aurora Police Chief Chief Nick Metz announced the news at about 11:10 a.m. “I have the very unfortunate news of letting you know that… we found the body of what appears to be a child inside the pond.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The pond is being treated as a crime scene and may be drained, police said."[/FONT]

[video=twitter;816349060307316736]https://twitter.com/sallymamdooh/status/816349060307316736[/video]
Sally @sallymamdooh
This is Olympic Park Pond where a body of a child has been found by Aurora Police #BreakingNews @DenverChannel

In the water, it's so often water. Did they not check there first? Maybe I missed it?

LE is launching an investigation to determined exactly what happened.

Let me help you out. He went for a walk out on the ice and fell through it .

He was out of earshot, if he ever yelled at all. If after he fell in the water he was trapped under the ice, then he would have never yelled anyway.

I know LE said in the PC that nobody noticed a hole in the ice, including his family. While that may be true, that doesn't mean there wasn't one and it may have refrozen pretty quickly. It may have also been out in the center of the pond, unnoticeable from a distance. That's a BIG pond.

Maybe he fell through the ice?

AURORA - Aurora Police
say the body of a child has been found in a pond during a search for a 6-year-old Aurora boy who has been missing since Saturday.

The South Metro Fire dive team began searching the small pond in Olympic Park Tuesday morning. At the time, they said the search was a precautionary measure and they did not have evidence that David Puckett, 6, was there.
http://www.9news.com/news/local/body-of-child-found-in-pond-during-search-for-missing-boy/381433460

What??????

I went to put dinner on because I thought LE said they had NO reason to search the pond and it was just a 'precautionary' search

:( :tears:

He was right there under the ice!

I feel sick. When I was a kid I fell through the ice on a lake, well a so called friend pushed me onto it, the ice cracked and I fell through. I was very lucky to get out and it was one of the scariest things you can imagine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back