CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent were available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.

“We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

Contacted Monday at his home north of the reservoir, Mark Redwine declined to discuss the search for Dylan.

“I know they’re looking for my son, but I’d prefer not to say anything,” Redwine said at the door of his house. “I prefer to let the investigators do their work.”

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/-1/news

BBM

Wouldn't Dylan's scent have been on the bed sheets from Sunday night?

Very interesting. I would have thought articles of his clothing would be readily available since Dylan allegedly arrived Sunday night and spent the night? Did he take everything with him, including his bed sheets? I wonder why scent articles had to be brought from his home in Colorado Springs.

It says they couldn't get a scent object before stuff was brought from C Springs (my paraphrase)...am I misinterpreting? Does that mean he didn't even sleep for sure at his dad's place (thinking of using pillow or towels as scent objects)...am I off-base?

That seems very odd.

I have a hard time squaring his having been at the dad's house Sunday night with dad being unable to provide a scent item.

Pillow cases? A pair of dirty socks from Sunday night? I would expect to find his dirty socks in a pile under the bed, if he slept there Sunday night. JMO

The song is depressing to me, but if you are also watching the video it is even sadder. And it obviously deals with a mother, her boyfriend/s and her son. At least that is how it appeared to me. Video + song==bummer jmo

The strange thing to me about the video is all the "outdoorsy" things Dylan was doing. He also plays baseball, which is outdoorsy. The dad described him as the outdoor type. The mother said he is a techie kid giving the impression he does not like the outdoors, she may have even said he does not like the outdoors. I find it confusing that most of the video was of Dylan outside doing outdoor type of activities, yet he is not an outdoor person, according to the mother. He sure looked like he was having a blast to me!

Anyone else confused on this point or is it just me?

I bet he got up that morning and washed his clothes and bedsheets before he went fishing and then hitch-hiked to his friends' whom he hadn't spoken to at all that morning...

Just sayin'

The strange thing to me about the video is all the "outdoorsy" things Dylan was doing. He also plays baseball, which is outdoorsy. The dad described him as the outdoor type. The mother said he is a techie kid giving the impression he does not like the outdoors, she may have even said he does not like the outdoors. I find it confusing that most of the video was of Dylan outside doing outdoor type of activities, yet he is not an outdoor person, according to the mother. He sure looked like he was having a blast to me!

I think there is a difference in enjoying outdoor actvities with friends, which most boys that age do, and being the type of hardcore outdoor enthusiast who would take off on a solo 4 mile hike in fairly rugged terrain for an impromptu fishing trip. And I thought she said he didn't like the remoteness of that location, not that he didn't enjoy the outdoors at all. That was my impression.

I think she was trying to push back against the story that her ex is selling. He is saying that their son probably took off by himself, with his fishing pole, to hike 4 miles to fish all alone at the remote lake.

And Mom is saying that she doesn't think he would have done that. And she thinks he would have been texting or calling friends if he could as well.

None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent were available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.

“We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

Contacted Monday at his home north of the reservoir, Mark Redwine declined to discuss the search for Dylan.

“I know they’re looking for my son, but I’d prefer not to say anything,” Redwine said at the door of his house. “I prefer to let the investigators do their work.”

BBM

Wouldn't Dylan's scent have been on the bed sheets from Sunday night?[/QUOTE]

I would think so, if Dylan slept there Sunday night?

I think there is a difference in enjoying outdoor actvities with friends, which most boys that age do, and being the type of hardcore outdoor enthusiast who would take off on a solo 4 mile hike in fairly rugged terrain for an impromptu fishing trip. And I thought she said he didn't like the remoteness of that location, not that he didn't enjoy the outdoors at all. That was my impression.

I took it that way too. I have a 12yo boy that will play outside all day if that is where his friends are but if left alone Brandon can usually be found reading, playing video games or watching TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he enjoyed outside "group" activities with his friends, not fishing on the lake bank by himself....if he wasn't with his friends, he was texting/calling/FBing/playing video games.

Does anyone happen to know if it was ever stated that the clothing Dylan was reported wearing when missing is the same clothing/outfit he was wearing when he left his mums?

Not that that necessarily translates into anything "hinky" if it is the same outfit - I raised a boy myself and am (unfortunately) entirely all too aware of how they can blissfully wear the same outfit for days on end until it crumbles into tiny pieces at their feet .... I was just wondering .....seems strange they didn't have so much as a dirty sock for scent.....boys are constantly losing socks......

For those familiar with SAR dogs, what would be the reasoning for not needing Dylans scent at the lake, but at a later time? If they thought he had been at the lake, wouldn't his scent be a necessary thing?

Likely the dogs at the lake were only cadaver dogs. These dogs don't track the scent of a particular human, they only identify decomposing human scent.

When, if, they bring tracking dogs in .. then they would use a scent article to identify Dylans (live) scent.

imo

I bet he got up that morning and washed his clothes and bedsheets before he went fishing and then hitch-hiked to his friends' whom he hadn't spoken to at all that morning...

Just sayin'

I know this was meant to be funny but reading it gave me that sinking feeling. I've not jumped on the "doubting dad fence" yet but if scent items really had to be brought in from Mom's then I don't see how any scenario other than Dylan being dead by bedtime can play out.

If Dad saw Dylan that morning then at the very least there are bed linens of some sort with his scent on them. If these items are not available then we have to consider that Dad lied about when he last saw his son and then ask ourselves why he would lie about something so vital to the investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose it is possible LE didn't need Dylan's specific scent because three different SAR dogs alerted to the scent of human decomp on the lake water. Surely, SAR dogs can distinguish between human decomp and that of animals, marine life, etc. These are VERY highly trained dogs.

I think LE is focusing heavily on Vallecito Lake and I think it's for more reasons than are being broadcast through MSM (i.e. they have more than a hunch that Dylan is there -- maybe there is site-specific mud on Dad's/someone's tires, surveillance video, an eyewitness, or Dylan's belongings were found there but it just hasn't been made public yet). I find it telling how much time, effort, and manpower they have spent in this one location with little more to go on than Dad's word that Dylan's fishing pole is missing and is 'likely' with him.

There is something we just don't know yet that LE does.

BBM

Wouldn't Dylan's scent have been on the bed sheets from Sunday night?

BBM. Or any of his other clothes left behind? Or are they missing too? It's all too weird.

IMO, mom was merely making a point that Dylan wouldn't go into the woods and pitch a tent vs calling her or his brother if he wanted to leave his dads.

My son was trained in outdoor survivor skills at a young age. Even though he camps with a group in the snow every winter, no way in heck would he go off by himself to pitch a tent in November as an option. Or runaway anywhere. He'd be calling me or his sis so he could come home and pout in a warm house with his xbox.

Even though LE has not named a POI, the cards are certainly stacked against Dylan's father. We sleuthers were suspecting Bianca Lily Jones' father too when his carjacking story seemed hinky. Dylan's dad should make a statement or get an attorney to better advise him what TO say or the public at large is going to turn on him too.

The dogs are trained to distinguish between human remains and animal remains, according to handlers Rae Dreves and Katie Steelman, both of Durango. Their dogs are Selah and Darc, respectively.

The third dog on the search, Cayenne, is handled by Roy Vreeland of Bayfield.

Once the dogs are trained for land-based cadaver searches, they can then be trained for water searches, the handlers said.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121125/NEWS01/121129707/0/SEARCH/Divers-search-reservoir

So WHOSE remains (scent) did the dogs pick up in the water?

<snipped>

I'm glad he's letting investigators do their work (?)

He doesn't want to say anything? :waitasec: I wonder if he's such a total mess over Dylan being missing that he's unable to be an advocate for him. He theorized that Dylan may have gone to the lake with his fishing pole, may have hitchhiked, or may have been abducted. He was the last to see his son and has so much crucial evidence that LE needs but that the public could use if Dylan is out there and some predator has him.

I guess since there's not much else I can say at this point, I'll "plea" with the dad to please help us find your precious boy.

But I guess he prefers not to say anything.....

..... (sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member