CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they decided to wait for a body to surface on its own, rather than try to find it by 25-min-at-a-time dives? (hate writing that).

I wonder if they decided to wait for a body to surface on its own, rather than try to find it by 25-min-at-a-time dives? (hate writing that).

That's true....and I wonder how long it would normally take for a body to surface in the current temperatures?

I also wonder if dad's phone has been checked to see where it was pinging during his errands? Just curious.....

This just occurred to me; maybe Dylan asked his mom to live with her full time. In Colorado I don't believe there is an age where a child gets to decide, but if mom has been writing things down and such she could have went to the court and asked the judge for sole custody based on evidence she's collected. Just tossing an idea out there for motive.

I can't say for sure, obviously, but I think Dylan was miserable going to dad's. The one bright light in the whole situation was seeing his friends.

Now why did contact with them stop at 8pm? I think we know that something pivotal happened that night. And Dylan never carried his pole to fish by the dam.

Dylan....let us know where we can find you....

That's true....and I wonder how long it would normally take for a body to surface in the current temperatures?

I also wonder if dad's phone has been checked to see where it was pinging during his errands? Just curious.....

bbm, 4 hours of errands mind you. I can't wait to hear where he was for 4 hours.

Last person to see Dylan was dad.
Last time of contact with friends was around 8 pm.

No answering of any friend's or family's calls or texts after that.

Dad's comments unusual.
Mom's comments revealing.
Dad won't respond to mom or older son with info.

You would have to be blind not to see where this is going.

Get the crow ready, I might have to eat 'em....but I'm feeling pretty safe at this point.

bbm, 4 hours of errands mind you. I can't wait to hear where he was for 4 hours.

I'm with you on that, Elley Mae....I mean, when my grown kids come home for a visit, I try to have everything completely done so we can be together. I clean the house (even though it will be trashed with toys, shoes, clothes and pizzas in 12 hours time), I prepare their rooms, I buy up groceries they like, I catch up on laundry and chores...because I want the time I spend with them to be as carefree as possible. The 4-hour errands make no sense at all to me. I think dad needed to justify leaving home...he needed a place to be while Dylan "disappeared"....and he needed to buy time.

Between Dylan's last contact and his dad reporting him missing, we have almost 24 hours. This reminds me of the recent Katrina Smith case. Same type of scenario. When you have hours upon hours (and 20 hours is a lifetime) where a person is missing and its not being reported, that's a big flashing red flag to me.

Colorado boy still missing after two-day, underwater search

Updated: 11/26/2012 11:00:04 PM MST

"The New Mexico State Police Search and Recovery Dive Team called off its search for Dylan Redwine in Vallecito Reservoir on Monday night, said Lt. Jennie Pierce, the commander of the dive team.

Dylan has been missing for more than one week.

The New Mexico State Police dive team started searching the bottom of Vallecito Reservoir in southwest Colorado for Dylan on Sunday when cadaver-sniffing police dogs homed in on a section of the reservoir, Pierce said.

The dive team spent two days searching the area and is confident the dogs were wrong, Pierce said. "We had a specific area we were asked to search," she said. "At this time, we feel that he's not there.""

Read More: http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22071476/colorado-boy-still-missing-after-two-day-underwater

All three of them?!?! Then WHAT were they hitting on? That's very odd ...

imo

Colorado boy still missing after two-day, underwater search

Updated: 11/26/2012 11:00:04 PM MST

"The New Mexico State Police Search and Recovery Dive Team called off its search for Dylan Redwine in Vallecito Reservoir on Monday night, said Lt. Jennie Pierce, the commander of the dive team.

Dylan has been missing for more than one week.

The New Mexico State Police dive team started searching the bottom of Vallecito Reservoir in southwest Colorado for Dylan on Sunday when cadaver-sniffing police dogs homed in on a section of the reservoir, Pierce said.

The dive team spent two days searching the area and is confident the dogs were wrong, Pierce said. "We had a specific area we were asked to search," she said. "At this time, we feel that he's not there.""

Read More: http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22071476/colorado-boy-still-missing-after-two-day-underwater

Thanks for this post. bbm, So now the dive team members are experts on SAR dogs, bloodhounds? wow jmo

THANK YOU.

But did they take the dogs to dad's house?

JMO.

My question exactly...

Not to incriminate parents...

but the searching should start from home, or last visited, in most every case!

That is my most humble, and not experienced in law enforcement, opinion!

2 days is NOT enough time to search that entire lake. IMO

http://www.vallecitolakechamber.com/maps/index.asp
It's HUGE ... and if you scroll down a little ^^ you will see all the feeder streams/rivers that flow into that lake. It has a current. IF (God forbid) Dylan is in that lake, it will take time to surface. Praying he's not there.

ITA
I'm bringing forward Pensfan's previous post regarding body float times. It's very interesting and sad if Dylan is indeed in that lake. For those that may have missed this post it is worth the read. Thanks again Pensfan for the info!
IIRC the news reported that the water temp right now is 42 degrees.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8580404&postcount=443"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8580404&postcount=443[/ame]

Thanks for this post. bbm, So now the dive team members are experts on SAR dogs, bloodhounds? wow jmo

I don't think that are saying the NM Dive Team are dog experts, they are experts at diving and using sonar to search in deep water. The spots were marked, they dove in 25 minute increments to limit their time in the frigid water, risking high C02 levels and a body wasn't found.
http://www.nmsp.dps.state.nm.us/index.php/search-dive-team-cont/

ETA: They donated their time/service and also brought along a helicopter for use in the search for Dylan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper