CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if there is anyone else in the dad's house or that otherwise would have seen Dylan around the time he vanished?

Do we know if there is anyone else in the dad's house or that otherwise would have seen Dylan around the time he vanished?

I haven't seen any mention in MSM of anyone else living in the house. I also haven't seen any mention of the home being searched.

I wish we could get a handle upon the sightings of him. Are they valid?

I can't understand why he would run off into the woods when he saw searchers. He is not an avid camper or outdoorsman. He must be getting cold, hungry and lonely. Those sightings do not make sense, imo.

I am worried that something might have happened at home, before 7:30 am. The story about leaving at 7:30 to do 'errands' sounds hinky. Your son is visiting for the first time in a long while. What is so important to do at 7:30 am that you cannot have breakfast with him first and maybe bring him along?

It's hard to imagine, even if upset about being at his father's house for the holiday week that Dylan would just up and vanish. I hope the authorities have checked his cell phone, computer, social media, etc. to see if maybe he was communicating with someone who may have "helped" him. Each day that passes looks worse and worse :(

The mom looks absolutely devastated. Has the dad given any interviews?

It's hard to imagine, even if upset about being at his father's house for the holiday week that Dylan would just up and vanish. I hope the authorities have checked his cell phone, computer, social media, etc. to see if maybe he was communicating with someone who may have "helped" him. Each day that passes looks worse and worse :(

If he was upset about being at his Dad's, which is normal in custody issues, then I could see running away ' briefly.' BUT IMO, he would have run off, then called his mom and said he wanted to come home. I don't see any reason for him to hide out in the woods for a week.

It worries me that he does not know anyone in the area. He has to be getting help somehow. But if his cell has not been used since Sunday night, then how is he getting help?

I just keep coming back to the fear that something happened at his Dad's house.

I wish we could get a handle upon the sightings of him. Are they valid?

I can't understand why he would run off into the woods when he saw searchers. He is not an avid camper or outdoorsman. He must be getting cold, hungry and lonely. Those sightings do not make sense, imo.

I am worried that something might have happened at home, before 7:30 am. The story about leaving at 7:30 to do 'errands' sounds hinky. Your son is visiting for the first time in a long while. What is so important to do at 7:30 am that you cannot have breakfast with him first and maybe bring him along?

I couldn't agree more!

Someone who is not used to living with a thirteen year old might not think a thing about describing him fully dressed at that early hour on Thanksgiving vacation. I have plenty of teenager experience, and I've never had one up that early and fully dressed on a non-school day unless they had a sport tournament or other organized activity that started very early.

This particular boy was clearly not happy to be forced to visit his non-custodial dad. I think it would have been hard to pry him out of bed under any normal circumstance!

I couldn't agree more!

Someone who is not used to living with a thirteen year old might not think a thing about describing him fully dressed at that early hour on Thanksgiving vacation. I have plenty of teenager experience, and I've never had one up that early and fully dressed on a non-school day unless they had a sport tournament or other organized activity that started very early.

This particular boy was clearly not happy to be forced to visit his non-custodial dad. I think it would have been hard to pry him out of bed under any normal circumstance!

The only way my 13 yr old would have been fully dressed at 7:30 am on a vacation day is if he fell asleep with his clothes on.

The mom looks absolutely devastated. Has the dad given any interviews?

The only info I have been able to find regarding communication with the father is from the above quoted article.

"A message left on Mark Redwine’s cellphone Friday was not returned.

The telephone at his residence at 2343 County Road 500 rang until it cut off."

Is there a way to have the red "active search" icon placed in the title of this thread? Can only a moderator do that?

The only info I have been able to find regarding communication with the father is from the above quoted article.

"A message left on Mark Redwine’s cellphone Friday was not returned.

The telephone at his residence at 2343 County Road 500 rang until it cut off."

Hmmmm interesting. And frankly disturbing.

"He was last seen wearing a blue-and-white Duke Blue Devils baseball cap, black Nike T-shirt and black Jordan tennis shoes."

That does seem hinky. His Dad says that at 7:30 am, as he is leaving to do errands, he last sees his 13 yr old wearing his baseball cap and his Nikes? Why would he have his cap and his tennis shoes on?

Did they do any searches of the dad's house, vehicles, surrounding areas and did they bring in any dogs to assist?

Did they do any searches of the dad's house, vehicles, surrounding areas and did they bring in any dogs to assist?

Ransom posted up thread that dogs have been used. I haven't been able to find any info on a search of the house or vehicles.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...g-teen-dylan-redwine-who-disppeared-on-monday

Letter from Dylan's mother
She posted a letter to Dylan on Facebook that said:

Dear Dylan

I don't know if you can see this and I know your not a big reader so I will keep this short. We are all in Durango looking for you.

I AM HERE and I will never give up looking for you. You are my ray of sunshine and the best kid a mother could ever have. I miss your laugh and your smile so much. We will find you and bring you home with us!

We all love you so much son and hope you are safe. You are the glue in our family so come home and stick us back together!

Son...call your mother!

We love and miss you immensely and will never stop searching for you. Don't give up on us son we will NEVER give up on you.

Love Your Mommy.
and Big Brother and Mike!

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Circumstances: Dylan was last seen on November 19, 2012. He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes, and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Shorts? Is this accurate?
Seems like there is confusion about what he may have been wearing.

The official flyer from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office says "it is unknown what clothing he was wearing":

http://co.laplata.co.us/sites/default/files/departments/administration/documents/dylan_missing_poster.pdf

I wonder if the info you have posted about the hat, shoes and shorts came from the person who believed he or she saw Dylan on Monday afternoon walking with another boy. His dad also may have noticed at some point that the hat he was wearing the day before and shoes were missing.

Seems like there is confusion about what he may have been wearing.

The official flyer from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office says "it is unknown what clothing he was wearing":

http://co.laplata.co.us/sites/default/files/departments/administration/documents/dylan_missing_poster.pdf

I wonder if the info you have posted about the hat, shoes and shorts came from the person who believed he or she saw Dylan on Monday afternoon walking with another boy. His dad also may have noticed at some point that the hat he was wearing the day before and shoes were missing.

Chili I agree there seems to be some confusion on what he was wearing. I couldn't connect him wearing shorts and running away at all! :what:

Chili I agree there seems to be some confusion on what he was wearing. I couldn't connect him wearing shorts and running away at all! :what:

I agree they may be using one of the witnesses statements. The description in the Denver Channel article includes a black backpack and I highly doubt dad saw him wearing that at 7:30 am. I wish they would only use confirmed information. By that I mean someone who was SURE it was Dylan.

Was Mark Redwine paying his child support payments? Did anyone see Dylan after he arrived at his dad's home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee