CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just a little curious as to what Dylan's mom and dad do for a living. I'm not trying to say it has any bearing on what happened to him. I was just wondering and don't recall it being said. tia

In my stuffy achy head i do recall Mom worked at a College. It is on one of these threads as what exactly she did. I have not read anywhere if Dad is currently working. There was reference to a past job. Pipeline or something? Anyone remember?

Quoting myself to compare statements:

Ryan Nava, 13, a friend of Dylan's said in a phone interview Saturday that Dylan was originally going to Bayfield to visit his friends Sunday night but then changed that to meet them early Monday morning.

OKAY----Here is the discrepancy. Mom said his plans with his friends were for Monday morning. The friend said they had plans for Sunday night, but Dylan changed the plans.

WHEN did he change the plans? And how did he do so?

How did mom know? Why is she going by Elaine REDWINE... she's remarried to Mike Hall. Per CR calling Mike his stepdad:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bo...-disappearance/story?id=17813458#.ULbMNYXTlJM

I think we need to give great leeway in scrutinizing the details of these boy's understanding of Dylan's plans. They are 13 years old. Kids that age feel like they are so grown up and independent and they make great plans which then get shot down or altered by the parents.

Dylan may well have talked with his buds about coming over Sunday night, but flight times may have changed or Mom may have reminded him that it would be rude not to spend the evening with Dad. Dylan might not have been willing to admit to his friends that Mom only agreed to letting him go the next morning.

It is embarrassing to have to tell friends that Mommy and Daddy said no. Dylan may have been hoping to get Dad to take him over there Sunday night anyway. My teenagers have both tried stuff like that when they don't like my answer and they think that Dad doesn't know that I already said no. Apparently, Dylan's mom and dad both knew the plan was for Monday so Dylan had to "change" the plan with his friends.

MOO

But when and how?

OK so from what people said there was no activity on Dylans phone from 8pm Sunday night, but from what is posted here
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2849330.shtml?cat=500

Investigators said, like most teenagers Dylan is a frequent Facebook, text message and phone user but hasn't shown any activity since the day he was reported missing.

Investigators said there wasn't any activity since the day he was reported missing which was on Monday....meaning there are phone calls after the call to mom.

OK so from what people said there was no activity on Dylans phone from 8pm Sunday night, but from what is posted here
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2849330.shtml?cat=500

Investigators said, like most teenagers Dylan is a frequent Facebook, text message and phone user but hasn't shown any activity since the day he was reported missing.

Investigators said there wasn't any activity since the day he was reported missing which was on Monday....meaning there are phone calls after the call to mom.

Hmmmmmmm good point ICU

Question about pings... can a cell phone ping if the battery is dead or removed from the phone? I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask.

Not if the battery is removed, but if it seems dead it can still sometimes send out a ping because pinging takes a lot less energy than making a call or texting.

This has probably already been discussed. I thought the below snippets were interesting. LE is not only looking at an abduction, kidnapping scenario. And they explain some of why they do not think he ran away. And then I think of WHEN the social contact stopped.

(snips)
Investigators are looking into the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine as a possible “abduction, kidnapping or some kind of foul play,” a spokesman for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday.

Investigators had considered all options, including that Dylan was a runaway. On Wednesday, however, they ruled that out.
Factors that led to that conclusion include the absence of activity by Dylan on social media, lack of text messages to his friends and the passage of time, authorities said.
“He was very socially active. He had friends he texted all of the time. A typical runaway contacts his buddies and there’s been none of that,” Bender said.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/vallecito-147839-redwine-father.html#ixzz2DZmciiwI

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/vallecito-147839-redwine-father.html#ixzz2DZlh2nJ9

I'm not sure kids would even have any idea how to get a hold of friends without their own phone. They would not know their numbers.

True. But Dylan had his cell and his charger. It just had bad cell service, apparently. We don't know that for sure even. But if he didnt have good service, he could still look up the numbers on the cell and then use the landline to call,imo.

If Dylan called any of his friends to pick him up, there would be a phone record. But his phone last had activity at 8 pm.
So to me, that theory doesn't hold any water.

In my stuffy achy head i do recall Mom worked at a College. It is on one of these threads as what exactly she did. I have not read anywhere if Dad is currently working. There was reference to a past job. Pipeline or something? Anyone remember?

There is a link on page 21, thread 2 post #523.

True. But Dylan had his cell and his charger. It just had bad cell service, apparently. We don't know that for sure even. But if he didnt have good service, he could still look up the numbers on the cell and then use the landline to call,imo.

Then landline would still have a phone record.
But we heard nothing of the sort.

I cannot remember where I read it, but it was in MSM. They had tried to contact the "pipeline" company where he worked in 2010 when he had a kitchen fire at his house to see if he was still employed there, the company refused to answer their question.... I know I saw this but wish I could remember where...

I think you are right Portabella!

Does anyone remember which article talked about where Mom and Dad worked? Someone posted a link earlier today. It said where Mom worked before she moved and where she is working now.

There was mention of Dad working for a pipeline company back in "April 2010 when a kitchen fire destroyed his house." I thought that was a strange thing to put in the same sentence that was supposed to be about where he worked. Why would a fire at his home have anything to do with it?

Anyone remember where that article was from? It didn't look like a newspaper website.

MOO

Just a thought about using landlines: I have both, as my landline is my husband's business and fax line. However, if my cell is dead or not functioning, I do not know anyone's number by heart anymore to call them, especially if it is a call to their cell. I still remember some numbers from my past, but they are mostly family I grew up with. Children who are raised in this generation might not even know actual numbers at all, as they are used to scrolling through contacts listed by names, not numbers.

I asked my kids, and my almost 13 year old knew my Dh's cell, my cell, and our home phone. My 11 and 9 year olds only knew our home phone (landline,) which is something I need to work on. If they ever get separated from me, they need to have my cell memorized, as well.

Btw, none of my children have phones of their own.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I do not have the link at my fingertips...

but it was in an article I read today... Or yesterday...

Mom works in the financial aid department at Colorado College...

Dad work(s)(ed) at Pipeline Systems... But calls to that company produced "no comments" by the person(s) answering the phone..

HTH...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member