CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But how can the mom expect to get away with something as crazy as that. How does she return Dylan and ever expect to see him again herself?

And is Dylan supposed to be in on it too?

I just don't think this is a realistic scenario. The court decision was not that big of a disaster for mom. She still had primary custody I believe. Dad just got regular holiday visitation. No big deal. I don't see any reason for her to go to any extreme lengths there.

Dad is another story, if it involves child support. That is what I wonder about now. And also, the very morning Dylan went missing, Dad was seeing his DIVORCE ATTORNEY. what's up with that? They divorced in 2007.

My guess would be the custody issue. Living in the same area didn't make visitation much of an issue. My assumption, JMO, is that when Mom and/or New Hubby/boyfriend decided to move further away, Dad didn't like the idea of not seeing his sons as often. Having shared custody and Dad uncooperative, Mom had to get permission from the courts to move, then went to court again to get primary custody so she could continue to live that far away. While primary custody could increase child support since he no longer had him as often, I would like to think Dad's main problem was not being able to see his son as much as he used to. Maybe DR not wanting to go didn't have anything to do with violence or negativity towards him, maybe Dad talked bad about the Mom and put the kids in the middle, or constantly insisted that DR come and live with him... from the sounds of it, the relationship between the parents doesn't seem very amicable.

For ye experts here, please?

How much of Dylan's scent would still be in the house from his previous visit? Apparently not enough for the tracking dogs earlier this week, but would be there be enough for dogs to detect now?

Thanks!

I am going to see if Sarx or Oriah can pop in and answer questions (they are verified SAR)

That being said, Sarx explained to me during the Sierra LaMar case that the dogs track the "freshest scent"...

example: Sierra walked to the bus every morning so how could the dog tell that on THAT morning she only made it a short distance? The answer was the dog was following the freshest scent. Sarx also said think of it like a stale bunch of flowers in one room and a freshly picked bunch in another room and your nose leads you to the freshest scent. I hope that made sense and sarx doesn't have to take me out back with the 9 iron hahahaha.

"The next day, while his father ran an errand, he disappeared after setting off to meet friends in the secluded vacation spot high in the mountains near Durango."

REALLY? Do we KNOW that to be the case? Is this what LE is saying or did the reporter make an assumption?

Really who would let their kid do that and if that was the case his friends would know cause they were meeting him right. And wouldn't you worry and try to call to see if he was ok,IF you couldn't give him a ride. Makes no sense again

With my phone if I don't have good coverage and can't receive a call or text, the text will come through sometime later. So I would think that once the dad saw those texts he would want to call back. He would know that Dylan's mom and brother would be worrying and you would think he would be quick to get info to them. (despite feelings) I would try to borrow a neighbors phone or drive to a store or somewhere to connect to the other family members as soon as possible!

Unless by the time that he did get the messages Mom had already roasted him in the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a crucial question I think.... when he immediately contacted his friends was it to say ' hey 'ill see u later' or was it to say ' im too tired to go tonight' . If it was ' hey i'll see u later' and then he text back say an hour or 2 later and suddenly is too tired to go with them, I think YIKES ! :(

Good question. Granted it was texted from Dylan's phone but that doesn't mean Dylan did the texting.

I keep going back to the police's request to the public for any tapes showing Dylan or his father or both of them starting from the hour of six o'clock on Sunday evening. IMO that means that sightings of Dylan, talk of Dylan spending the night at his dad's, everything past six is subject to doubt.

We only have her word that he didn't answer her calls or texts. And maybe she's just venting. She either flew or drove up there that afternoon, how many times did she try to reach him? What if he was busy being interviewed and not allowed to answer his phone?
I wouldn't answer calls either, if I got yelled at or accused of murdering my son. Just saying.

BBM, me either.

Good question. Granted it was texted from Dylan's phone but that doesn't mean Dylan did the texting.

I keep going back to the police's request to the public for any tapes showing Dylan or his father or both of them starting from the hour of six o'clock on Sunday evening. IMO that means that sightings of Dylan, talk of Dylan spending the night at his dad's, everything past six is subject to doubt.

the request was for any footage on main roads between Durango and Vallecito between those hours... I do not recall any names being mentioned only vehicles in general.

Sorry; didn't mean to sound snarky :blushing:....thread is moving so fast...

I have earbuds in; Mom's watching TV; dogs are barking

:banghead::banghead:

Oh no worries! I didn't think you were being snarky whatsoever. I probably shouldn't have even thrown that in there about him getting on the plane. It was a fleeting thought that crossed my mind, but one of those I should've edited before posting. :)

With my phone if I don't have good coverage and can't receive a call or text, the text will come through sometime later. So I would think that once the dad saw those texts he would want to call back. He would know that Dylan's mom and brother would be worrying and you would think he would be quick to get info to them. (despite feelings) I would try to borrow a neighbors phone or drive to a store or somewhere to connect to the other family members as soon as possible!

and to jump off your post....

even if he was meeting with SO or out searching himself, he could have at least sent a text saying so....the ignoring/not answering doesn't sit well with me at all :furious::furious:

So towing his two vehicles and searching the home with the CSI truck and 15 technicians could just mean that they have no idea what happened and they are looking for any tiny clue of where to look next. But it also means that dad has not been absolutely cleared yet either, correct?

Relieved to hear that LE has ruled out the dad. Now, we can start figuring how what happened.

(I have suspected Dad from the beginning, but have been sitting on my hands to avoid a time-out).

So towing his two vehicles and searching the home with the CSI truck and 15 technicians could just mean that they have no idea what happened and they are looking for any tiny clue of where to look next. But it also means that dad has not been absolutely cleared yet either, correct?

they did the same thing in the Jessica Ridgeway case and look at that outcome.

Or to be sure they were not being followed?

Well nothing will come from the search if he never actually got to the house Sunday night. Just my opinion.

Hmm maybe a lack of things to find? No toothbrush, no or few fingerprints, no recent scent if they check that with the dogs?

and to jump off your post....

even if he was meeting with SO or out searching himself, he could have at least sent a text saying so....the ignoring/not answering doesn't sit well with me at all :furious::furious:

Me either. In that moment it wouldn't be about me or whatever was slung my way. It would be about my child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member