CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen some people talking about dragging a divorce out for seven years. (Not just you Linda, but others throughout this thread. I didn't think it took seven years to get the divorce did it? Court records for real estate show Mark to be a married man buying real estate as a sole & seperate property in May 2006. Then another peice of real estate in April 2007 shows him to be a single man.

http://www.co.laplata.co.us/departments_and_elected_officials/clerk_recorder

Maybe I missed something because I have not read the entire threads on Dylan, but I have tried to keep up with the facts of this case.

I think they have had continued court proceedings for a long time, but I think their divorce only took less than a year according to these real estate documents at this link.

I posted a link sometime today...and yes it was 7 years....you can search my posts, I had a link...

I said something like...a 7 year divorce - someone didn't want to give up control or let someone have any freedom...jmo

Dad made the allegation but a judge felt secure enough
in the belief that it was true to order her to not consume
alcohol in the presence of the kids. So to me, that sounds
like the allegation had some merit to it. Maybe the kids
confirmed it? Who knows? But it's not just an allegation
once a judge makes orders.

I disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this is true. I've never heard of lawyers doing this kind of service unless the caller is loaded with cash and it's urgent.
So dad would have called the lawyer before 7:30 am Monday for an appointment that morning? Hmmmm.

There is nobody better to keep SECRETS than children of alcoholics...trust me

Children of Alcoholics Week: Exposing Secrets to Heal

http://www.drinkingdiaries.com/2012/02/15/children-of-alcoholics-week-exposing-secrets-to-heal/

I have lived my whole life threw parents that were alcoholics(drank from the time they awoke to the time the would pass out). I won't go into details because to be honest I was and even to this day am embarrassed about it. Living threw the drugs and drinking, I managed to stay out of the system. Many times homeless because they would spend the goverment funding they received to get drunk. Sell the foodstamps to pay for beer, cig, or whatever. This is never spoken out loud by alot of children that grow up with a home life of this. They are afraid that the system will fail them like it already has, or to them it has become so much of a normal life it doesn't seem wrong.
I do have to mention that if MR had such a drinking problem he wouldn't be driving a truck for a living....Couldn't see an alcoholic accomplishing this task with all the time they have to put in, and all the state checks that are done on truckers now.

So dad would have called the lawyer before 7:30 am Monday for an appointment that morning? Hmmmm.

Wonder how much a lawyer will charge you for calling them that early?? :waitasec:

I do have to mention that if MR had such a drinking problem he wouldn't be driving a truck for a living....Couldn't see an alcoholic accomplishing this task with all the time they have to put in, and all the state checks that are done on truckers now.

I don't think trucking companies will even hire someone with a DUI.
http://www.njdwiesq.com/truck-driver-dwi-laws/

Of course he could have been an alcoholic and never gotten a DUI.

Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
Seems to me it was his ex wife that he wanted to spend time with, what better way to make her come back? She was supposed to Join him in searching for their child. Those comments about dinner etc... Gave me the willies. I think that's exactly what he wanted,

Why else would any normal sane person drag a divorce out for 7 years. She moved on, he didn't. IMO
-------------------------------------------

Yep! And the comment he made early on along the lines of 'we should be together' has been replaying in my mind.

Imo, in his mind/thinking, Dylan was their last 'link' to each other. He likely did not see the urgency when Elaine was still in Colorado with Dylan - he had 'plenty of time' then. But when she up and moved a couple of hours away, that changed the ballgame. Time was up - the ball is in another court and all this time that Mark thought he had came to a screeching halt. IF he indeed got a new job driving truck, it also meant less time alone in the house all alone, no wife or son to love.
Am also hearing Elaine's comment replay a lot, the one about Mark removing Dylan from the situation.
Mark's thoughts may have been, 'If I can't have Elaine, she can't have Dylan'.

JMO!!

Teen Nick (not Nktn which is Nicktoons) airs more teen-aimed programming on Mondays:
http://www.locatetv.com/listings/teen-nick#10-Dec-2012

7:30: Big Time Rush
8-9: How To Rock
9-11: The Amanda Show
11: Unfabulous

Building on the above thought... On cable you have on demand Nick shows, as well.

Also- multiple versions of Nickelodeon. Nickelodeon, Nick Toons, Teen Nick, Nick Jr, Noggin, etc. That is multiple Nick channels, not just one. EXAMPLE- http://www22.verizon.com/NROneRetai...95C1-B68E17F5E492/0/Ultimate_National_CLU.PDF (use find feature to find all the nick channels)

You can't just look at the basic cable version unless you know they have basic cable. JMO.

Also, wikipedia lists them as marketing to kids through the early teen years, so it's not just my teens who are still watching it. Don't they also host the Teen Choice Awards? It's not just for little ones, really. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickelodeon"]Nickelodeon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Just a thought...

If Mark,had been drinking the night Dylan arrived... That could be a reason why there was a delay in notifying mom/LE/etc....

He wanted to have metabolized the alcohol... And have little signs of drinking...JMO

Not sleuthing her.

Okay. I read it you were implying she had been "caught" drinking and driving once and because she was "caught" she must have done it other times. Allegations on a protection order affidavit aren't convictions.

I have seen some people talking about dragging a divorce out for seven years. (Not just you Linda, but others throughout this thread. I didn't think it took seven years to get the divorce did it? Court records for real estate show Mark to be a married man buying real estate as a sole & seperate property in May 2006. Then another peice of real estate in April 2007 shows him to be a single man.

http://www.co.laplata.co.us/departments_and_elected_officials/clerk_recorder

Maybe I missed something because I have not read the entire threads on Dylan, but I have tried to keep up with the facts of this case.

I think they have had continued court proceedings for a long time, but I think their divorce only took less than a year according to these real estate documents at this link.

"Mark Redwine and Elaine Redwine divorced in 2007. Dylan and his mother moved to Colorado Springs this summer, along with Dylan’s brother, Cory.

They have had a protracted divorce with court proceedings occurring in almost monthly since 2005."

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...Police-reveal-no-new-leads&template=mobileart

I disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think the judge would order mom to not
drink around the kids strictly on MR's words?
I have never been through a divorce, so
I can't understand all of the ins and outs. But
I didn't know you could just make an allegation
against the other parent and a judge force them
to change their actions without proof? Since drinking
is not a crime, I find that odd. But I dont ' know.
I would definitely trust the word of someone whose
been through a nasty divorce if they said this is how
the judges operate. I have no clue.

Just a thought...

If Mark,had been drinking... That could be a reason why there was a delay in notifying mom/LE/etc....

He wanted to have metabolized the alcohol... And have little signs of drinking...JMO

If MR was *that* drunk, then he would have been driving intoxicated on Monday when visiting his lawyer.

Originally Posted by TGIRecovered
That's exactly what I've been thinking.

I used to be addicted to alcohol. I was fortunate enough to realize that I could not quit drinking on my own and I found good professional help. I spent some time in rehab, where I soaked up all of the information I could about addictions and recovery. As a result I have long been free from the need or desire to drink. I must give proper credit to God, because He gave me this miracle; He did and does what I could not!

I say all of this to explain how I came to find myself spotting people with addiction issues; particularly alcoholics. It's like I almost can't help it, I just notice little "tells". Sometimes it is something a person says or the way they say it, (or avoid saying it). It is more about their behavior than just they way they look. It is a person who is trying very hard to appear to be just fine, whether they've been drinking or not. They are very careful to act "straight".

My opinion after watching MR on video has been that he sets off my radar. By itself, it doesn't mean he hurt anyone, but combined with what we know now, it's not looking good.

ER may have similar issues or she may have straightened her life out, I don't know. She was nowhere near Dylan when this happened.

Some things to consider about alcoholism:

Blackouts: A person can drive, carry on a conversation, have sex, eat a meal, or just about do anything while in a blackout. During the blackout, they are not in control, they can do things that they would never do sober. And they don't remember. Sometimes, bits and pieces come back to them but the alcoholic does not know how much of it really happened or how much he/she dreamed.

Alcoholics are not always drunk. They may abstain at times, and they may be even more irritable, angry, anxious when sober.

What if MR really tried hard to not drink before Dylan got there?

It is extremely hard to be patient when you need that alcohol. It is not a craving like one might crave something yummy. It is an excruciating physical need, like when you have major abdominal surgery and the nurse forgets to load the pain meds in that lovely little pump attached to your IV and you keep punching the button but nothing happens and you have to pretend that you are not hurting because you have to make everyone think that you are fine, just fine!

Maybe MR got frustrated with Dylan and tried put him out of the car to walk. I can see that if there was an argument about friends or drinking or bringing someone else along like a girlfriend. Maybe Dylan decided he wanted to walk to a phone after whatever happened to his. Maybe he was run over or knocked out.

That long winded post is just my gut feeling based on what I've learned from my life experience. I don't claim to know, I just feel.

I'm not discounting what you've gone through or what you've accomplished since then, but not everyone who drinks (even alcoholics) acts/feels the same way. I think it's great that you have been able to control it. I know more "drunks" who could go for a day without drinking than I know who couldn't. That's all MR would have had to have done by the time he picked him up. I drank a lot when I was young, a quart of whiskey and a few beers in a night wasn't unusual. I had blackouts, temper tantrums, drove drunk and other things I'm not proud of; however, I could go for weeks or months without a drink when I needed/chose to. After about 7 years of drinking like that, I decided to quit, and I did (for over 35 years so far). How do we know that MR is the kind of drinker you were and not the kind I was?

I have no idea if he did anything to DR or not, but I see absolutely no evidence that shows that it HAS to be true that he did. MOO

Just reviewing the timeline :

Sunday night, 6PM - 8PM: Dylan's arrival and walk through wal-mart, last cell phone activity.

Sunday night, 8PM - Monday Morning 8AM'ish: (approx. 12 hour window) Whereabout's of MR not accounted for.

Monday morning, 8AM - 11:30 AM: running errands in town, as verified by LE.

Monday afternoon, 11:30AM - 4:30PM: (approx. 5 hour window) Whereabout's of MR not accounted for.

Monday afternoon, after 4:30PM : MR begins searching for Dylan.

Wonder how much a lawyer will charge you for calling them that early?? :waitasec:

The lawyer probably would just tell you that you owe him a drink.

(Plenty of professionals where I went to rehab.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen