CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Dylan take his phone if he had not even switched it on that morning ?

I hate to disappoint a few people here (who I won't name), but it's my turn. I think it's time for a bit of a time out before I say something I regret later - 1000 apologies aren't nearly as good as not saying something in the first place. I really hope that I'm underestimating MR and he's stronger than I think he is. Every time I check the news on this case, I expect to see that he told the press that he couldn't take all of the accusations and insinuations, and then committed suicide. The sad thing is, that even if it happens, 90% of people will say it's just the final proof of his guilt.

I'll be back when I cool off or some kind of evidence is found. Enjoy! :seeya:

That's a very sad thought.
That's also alot of focus on MR. I don't think most people wake up thinking about him and how to box him in and "frame him", quite the opposite, I think MOST of the people on this thread are thinking about Dylan Redwine.
Everytime I refresh my WS or google w/Dylan's name (not MR's), I'm looking to find good news on this child. And I'll be thrilled if MR is not involved. I'd be grateful if LE has a lead that will allow us to focus somewhere else, anywhere else.
I also hope MR isn't sitting around reading threads and thinking about anything other than his kid. I'm sure it's hell for him with everything going on, but his child is what matters and as long as he knows his child is out there and needs him, that should give him strength.
It's good that you're an advocate for him though.

I think there should have been some major counseling before they decided visitation dont you?

I wonder if there was?
AA maybe

Why would Dylan take his phone if he had not even switched it on that morning ?

Only 3 answers to that.

#1 Someone did something to him that night/morning and his phone was disposed of by someone else, that morning or the night before.

#2 He didn't turn it on because he didn't want to be tracked.

#3 It was dead, but he took it anyway because he didn't intend to go back to his dads house and something happened to him after he left.

One thing I noticed from the Find Dylan facebook, is that he appears to be left handed. For what that is worth, I don't know, but hadn't heard that before.

I think there should have been some major counseling before they decided visitation dont you?

I wonder if there was?
AA maybe

Yes! I think there was a serious breakdown in the system where this child was concerned. If the parents were really, as reported, battling it out in court nearly monthly since their divorce 5 years ago then there was something going on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if there was?
AA maybe

AA for whom? Not being snarky, but I thought both parents were accused of alcohol problems?

Also, didn't they have joint custody until she moved? it would have been standard to change that to visitation with mom as custodial parent if they didn't live in the same city anymore. JMO

One thing I noticed from the Find Dylan facebook, is that he appears to be left handed. For what that is worth, I don't know, but hadn't heard that before.

Darn it, I was curious about that at one point and now I can't remember why. My oldest is left handed and there was something that made me wonder if Dylan wasn't too. Oh well, it will hit me in the middle of the night.

Do you have a link for that? I thought I read that they were considering abduction and separate unrelated to that they said that the local RSO's had been accounted for. I don't mean that snarky at all- I just want to make sure I read right!

There's a big difference between local RSO's being accounted for and it not being a SO abduction. If I remember right Ornby & Hornbeck's assailant had not been a RSO, but he was indeed a SO.

Let me try to find that. I do know they accounted for all local SO's...but then the MSM article came out that said they felt it could be an abduction. But I could swear I read that they did not consider this a SO abduction.
Now I'm confusing myself.

I wonder if there was?
AA maybe

Been waiting to comment on divorce court/family law. Every state is different but in NV, both parents must attend counseling before a divorce can be made final. Also, when custodial decisions are made, family court tends to want to shield minors from taking the stand so input from minors re: custody and visitation would be rare. Once you've made it to court as opposed to mediation, the lawyers speak for you. The five year legal wrangling post divorce does not surprise me at all. Most judges order status checks to confirm that nothing has changed, either financially or otherwise, and that parents are following the rules of the divorce decree. Every time someone wants to challenge their child support, declare financial hardship, argue about days visited vs days not visited, it ends up in court. At least in NV. Apply this to CO and you have parents who may have received counseling five years ago, had such a contentious custody/visitation battle that the court allowed minors to speak, and a long, long but not necessarily unusual history in family court. I know this doesn't help. Wonder if LE is allowed to look at those sealed records from September. Wish Lexis/Nexis could access them. In NV, almost everything is up for searching and open access.

Only 3 answers to that.

#1 Someone did something to him that night/morning and his phone was disposed of by someone else, that morning or the night before.

#2 He didn't turn it on because he didn't want to be tracked.

#3 It was dead, but he took it anyway because he didn't intend to go back to his dads house and something happened to him after he left.

Unfortunately, there is a conflict of info on if the phone was "off" or "lack of activity". There are other possibilities:
he turned it off to save battery from "searching for service" and draining battery
he dropped it
he stuck it in his bag to charge/turn on or use later

and there were clothes left on the couch from his bag ( clean I'd say- no scent)- which means to me that he put in and took out specific items for whatever he planned on doing that day and later on.

I don't think a single person here *wants* MR to be guilty or see any harm come to him. In ranking scenarios

1) Dylan is safely hidden by family
2) Dylan ran away & friends are covering
3) Dylan left willingly & an accident occurred
4) Dylan was abducted from the home or road after MR left
5) MR harmed Dylan and panicked
6) MR premeditated harming Dylan

I hope it is 1 or 2 but I can't make the facts fit there without an insane amount of coincidences. I want to be wrong though and I don't think I'm alone in feeling that way.

I don't like typing this but this may also be on the list

Dylan left and harmed himself

Frankly, I think everyone on here is hoping that Dylan is safe somewhere. Of course, the reality of this terrible situation is he probably is not safe.

It would be preferable that whomever is responsible for this is someone Dylan doesn't know, someone he doesn't trust, someone who did not have an obligation to make sure Dylan grew up.

I don't WANT for the offending person to be a member of Dylan's family.

I'm not waiting for a chance to pounce or say I was right.

I have my suspicions, I've had these same suspicions for most the days since Dylan went missing.

The limited information that has come out by LE and in MSM supports my suspicions. However, frankly, I'd really love to be wrong! There is no point in arguing who is right or who is wrong. None of us really matter.

This child deserves to have been able to live his life.

Darn it, I was curious about that at one point and now I can't remember why. My oldest is left handed and there was something that made me wonder if Dylan wasn't too. Oh well, it will hit me in the middle of the night.

There is a pic on one of the MSM sites with his baseball glove on his hand- he is a leftie. The professional pic of him (with bat) may be staged right- or he switch hits...

Unfortunately, there is a conflict of info on if the phone was "off" or "lack of activity". There are other possibilities:
he turned it off to save battery from "searching for service" and draining battery
he dropped it

and there were clothes left on the couch from his bag ( clean I'd say- no scent)- which means to me that he put in and took out specific items for whatever he planned on doing that day and later on.

Yes, that is true if it was off. I'll have to revise my list to 6! :)

Yes! I think there was a serious breakdown in the system where this child was concerned. If the parents were really, as reported, battling it out in court nearly monthly since their divorce 7 years ago then there was something going on there.

Agreed! 7 yrs is a long time! Half of Dylans time on earth.
When does it come time to hang up the boxing gloves?
Go get the necessary help you need to mend your family even if you wont be together.
There has to be Major battles here probably more than we are aware of.

he dropped it

he must of had more clothes than just leaving a clean outfit behind and then what happened to the dirty stuff he would of changed out of ?

Can they not trace the last ping ?

There is a pic on one of the MSM sites with his baseball glove on his hand- he is a leftie. The professional pic of him (with bat) may be staged right- or he switch hits...

Those pictures could be it. My youngest bats left because his left handed brother taught him.

Wait, I remember now. It was talk of a possible baseball game he was meeting the friends for. We wondered if he had his glove or would just use an extra. I wondered if he was a leftie then because IME there usually isn't a spare left handed glove around. My oldest has to pack his and I've made many a trips to deliver a forgotten glove to him at practice so he could play.

Been waiting to comment on divorce court/family law. Every state is different but in NV, both parents must attend counseling before a divorce can be made final. Also, when custodial decisions are made, family court tends to want to shield minors from taking the stand so input from minors re: custody and visitation would be rare. Once you've made it to court as opposed to mediation, the lawyers speak for you. The five year legal wrangling post divorce does not surprise me at all. Most judges order status checks to confirm that nothing has changed, either financially or otherwise, and that parents are following the rules of the divorce decree. Every time someone wants to challenge their child support, declare financial hardship, argue about days visited vs days not visited, it ends up in court. At least in NV. Apply this to CO and you have parents who may have received counseling five years ago, had such a contentious custody/visitation battle that the court allowed minors to speak, and a long, long but not necessarily unusual history in family court. I know this doesn't help. Wonder if LE is allowed to look at those sealed records from September. Wish Lexis/Nexis could access them. In NV, almost everything is up for searching and open access.

BBM

And don't forget there was also some type of hearing in November; I think 9 news reporter said something about possibly Dylan attending the hearing...it was in the video where they showed the written statements for the restraining orders...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89