CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confusion-I am very happy your son came home. Not only because it is always great news when a child is safe, but also because you probably would have been a hated, detested suspect #1 if he didn't come home and all of your actions seen as horrific and suspicious. It really illuminates JUST how hard having a missing child can be, to me.
For the record, we had multiple instances like that in our family (when my brother and I were the kids) and my parents never killed either of us either. They only went to the police once and then were told the same as you-go home and wait.

It might have something to do with the way I grew up. When we were 10, my best friend and I went on one of our "hikes". We just walked, and went whichever way the light was green. Eventually we realized that we were in downtown Minneapolis and had no idea how to get home; we didn't even know the general direction because we couldn't remember which lights had been green and which were red. We'd been gone for a couple of hours, and were afraid to ask any LE how to get home because we had imagined our mothers calling them and saying we had run away. We finally decided we'd just walk down one street for 1/2 hour, and if we didn't see anything familiar, we'd try going another way. Going down one street, we finally saw a place she recognized, and got home. When we went and told our mothers we were finally home, they hadn't even known we'd been gone. We had started out at about 9am and got home about 7:30pm.

I think in my mind, he missed the boss and somehow got mixed up on the way home but would eventually figure it out. He never did, but the person who brought him home did know the area. We did have a nice long talk that night - about not goofing around with friends and missing the bus, about going back into the school to call if he ever did miss it again, and to never take a ride from someone I don't know, no matter how tired you are and how well you think you know them.

Okay you guys - we are stuck and we need to try to move forward.

So.....

1. Let's try to agree to disagree. Everyone has valid points about Dad, custody, phone calls and the clothes. Everyone. Let's file them away for now and try to move forward.

2. Info we need to know to get off this merry go round. Was the sighting by the Postal Worker ever confirmed or ruled out? I know the sightings by the searchers, of the jogger, were ruled out, but what about the Postal Worker?

3. What the intersection of CR 500/501 looks like, who is nearby (any RSOs, that sort of thing)?

We need to try, please, to move forward.

Thanks,

Salem

I already answered number 3, sort of. No RSOs

Sorry I would find that a complete cop out by MR . Dylan was lost on his watch and most people would understand that Elaine was a mother freaking out and had every right to lash out when you look at the breakdown of the marriage . She was hardly going to be thinking rationally after that phone call .

MR may be “cooperating with LE” but he certainly isn’t cooperating with his family and provide information which will help locate Dylan imo.

<snipped>

GRACE: Have you had a hard time getting information out of the father?

REDWINE: Well, you know, I`ve tried reaching out to him. You know, we`ve texted -- he`s -- you know, he`s just not been -- we just haven`t worked together very well through all this. And like I said, I`ve really tried to reach out to him. But people react differently, I guess.

GRACE: What do you mean by that?

REDWINE: Well, I mean, you know, I just want to find my son. I mean, right now, that is my primary focus. And we need to get over anything that has occurred. We just need to find our son. And you know, unfortunately for Mark, he was the last person to see Dylan. So all the questions are going to come back to him, and he needs to, you know, try and understand what people are going through, what we`re going through, what Dylan`s brother is going through and help us find Dylan.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

I think it looks a little different in retrospect. Now we think, "That's no way to tell a parent that she may never ever see her child alive again", but if we assume that he wasn't guilty of anything and had no idea what had happened to Dylan, at the time those texts were sent and the calls weren't made he wasn't aware that the situation would turn out this serious and Dylan would be missing for this long. For all he knew Dylan would reappear shortly and his mother might even know where he was.

But texting ER was the last thing he did before reporting Dylan missing. So he did know things were serious, imo. And I don't knw why it even took that long to text her in the first place to see if she heard from him. jmo

I haven't ruled out abduction either. For me it's just "either" "or". That's all i got.

I haven't ruled out MR or abduction either, I am only often seeming to defend him because I believe there are still possibilities.

And fwiw, I think there are still a lot in the "probably MR" camp who are still remaining quite respectful and objective. I appreciate those posters, even when we differ!

So.....

1. Let's try to agree to disagree. Everyone has valid points about Dad, custody, phone calls and the clothes. Everyone. Let's file them away for now and try to move forward.

2. Info we need to know to get off this merry go round. Was the sighting by the Postal Worker ever confirmed or ruled out? I know the sightings by the searchers, of the jogger, were ruled out, but what about the Postal Worker?

3. What the intersection of CR 500/501 looks like, who is nearby (any RSOs, that sort of thing)?

Thanks,

Salem

I've been keeping tabs on the postal worker sighting, and police have neither confirmed it was Dylan, nor ruled out that it was Dylan.

One news article says it was "discounted", but gives no source.

A comment on the Find Dylan FB says it wasn't Dylan.

So.....

Thanks,

Salem

Somewhere I read that a neighbor had also seen him? I would appreciate a direct quoted MSM LE source that states that all of the sightings were discounted. Not a FB source, not a heresay source, not a badly written borrowed idea from? ( yes, I know- good luck with that :waitasec: )

I've been keeping tabs on the postal worker sighting, and police have neither confirmed it was Dylan, nor ruled out that it was Dylan.

One news article says it was "discounted", but gives no source.

A comment on the Find Dylan FB says it wasn't Dylan.

They haven't confirmed any sightings, but I haven't seen that they've all been confirmed to be someone else either. :waitasec:

hmmm we do seem to be stuck .. but in reading the recent posts I wonder if Elaine reached out to meet with Mark in a more friendly manner, maybe for dinner, if at the very least they could be more unified in their search for Dylan.

OR... if Mark is involved in whatever happened to Dylan, if he'd tell her something.

If he has feeling for her, if he could actually look in her eyes and see her pain, maybe it would have some effect.

Maybe I'm just in dreamland. well, I sure I probably am....
I think it would be really healthy. Love or hate, they know each other. I feel like she could read him well.

I've actually wondered (wondered, friends- this is not an assertion!!) if they didn't get to talk at one or more of the events and she is starting to believe him, because her feelings towards him do seem to have shifted.

Observation, not an assertion.

I can't tell if her feelings have changed or not.

It seems no one is speaking now, not ER, and not MR, and we all know what happens when the parents and LE quits talking... :(

I think Mom backed off because LE told her to. MOO

I think someone here shared their own experience when their child went missing (and she or he was innocent) and said that the initial interview is grueling and can last hours. So, his son was missing, he had just been interviewed for a lengthy time period, and he gets on his phone afterward to see a bunch of nasty messages...yes, I can see him ignoring those. Maybe not the best thing to do, but, for me, reasonable if we consider him a distraught victim at this point.
Or maybe he is just cold and mean, but I don't think we have enough evidence to say either way at this point.

Do we actually _know_ any of this? Was he interviewed that day for a lengthy period of time? Were there a "bunch of nasty messages?"

How many times has it been said that texts worked there, but phone calls often didn't?

It's been said many, many times. And then people point out that dad had a landline as well.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that other people had posted pretty much the same thing -- I was reading first to last. On the other hand, I noticed that people continued to forget the landline option, even after several people had pointed it out, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84