CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
even friends/family are posting the same sentiments on Dylan's Facebook...that they haven't heard a peep from law enforcement and that they all are just waiting & waiting & waiting for answers....

so very sad

I just don't understand that. Certainly at least ER and MR are in constant contact with LE, rightt? Maybe not extended friends and family so much.

Has LE given up on Dylan? Are they just going to wait until someone confesses or some hunters stumble across a body someday (sorry to say that)?

I'm confused, befuddled, alarmed and frankly quite PO'd at the lack of communication from LE. And I am usually VERY pro-LE FWIW.

Somebody please answer this. Does mental illness, without being addressed, keep getting worse?
I'm wondering, if MR has been mentally Ill for years and undiagnosed. I'm not saying he was or is, just undiagnosed, does it get worse?

even friends/family are posting the same sentiments on Dylan's Facebook...that they haven't heard a peep from law enforcement and that they all are just waiting & waiting & waiting for answers....

so very sad

Can you please guide me to the posts from family members saying that? Thank you.

Article from 12/27/12

In the past couple weeks, we conducted spot searches using a helicopter related to one tip and a bloodhound in another," Bender said.

However, Bender said neither tip led to anything new in the case.

Lt. Ed Phippin, who is leading the task force, has collected a folder of tips that is about 2-inches thick.

Authorities have said they don't believe the boy ran away and have called his disappearance a criminal investigation.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-in-case-of-missing-13-year-old-dylan-redwine

I hope they find a promising lead somewhere in the 2-inch thick folder full of tips.
How long should it take them to investigate all those tips?

Can you please guide me to the posts from family members saying that? Thank you.

it's on the Find Missing Dylan Redwine facebook

authored by "Tara"

(I'm not sure what relation she is)

here's a snippet:

<modsnip>

Yes, please!

On another note...I wonder if geocaching (is that still a thing?) is popular in or around Vallecito. I'm just thinking of possibilities...people who might be likely to notice or stumble upon something that could help find Dylan, even if organized searches per se don't.

Good thought, PJD. I think there are still a lot of people into that. Although maybe not so much in this weather?

Thank you, MrsPC. That's the admin's daughter, who's adminning(is that a word?) the page while the admin does some personal stuff for a few days.

Has anyone seen mention of either MR or ER hiring a private investigator? I think it's way past time.

Somebody please answer this. Does mental illness, without being addressed, keep getting worse?
I'm wondering, if MR has been mentally Ill for years and undiagnosed. I'm not saying he was or is, just undiagnosed, does it get worse?

We should send out the penguin signal (for PensFan), I think! ---> ETA, I sent a message asking PensFan to stop by.

....why no penguin smilies?! :(

Has anyone seen mention of either MR or ER hiring a private investigator? I think it's way past time.

I'm still wondering why law enforcement wanted the family to hold off on Texas Equusearch involvement?

maybe law enforcement is hoping a guilty conscience will lead to a confession??

who knows...

My personal experience is that my bipolar & anxiety issues have gotten worse since I stopped treatment. :moo:

I hope no one minds if I repost my 2 questions. I'm afraid they got lost in the foray.

What all has Mark been convicted of? I think I saw either 1 or 2 convictions on menacing but I'm not completely sure. Are there other convictions?

Are there any reports of him having beaten, kicked, hit somebody? I know Elaine wrote in her PO request that he had grabbed her. I don't condone grabbing anyone ever. Are there any reports of him having struck anyone?

Thank you.

He did plead guilty to disorderly conduct when the one bunch was charged, but Azg might be better able to remember what the first one was since it was before their divorce, IIRC.
Originally Posted by kkdj

From those I've known, it really depends on what mental illness it is, and what's causing it. MOO

I hope no one minds if I repost my 2 questions. I'm afraid they got lost in the foray.

What all has Mark been convicted of? I think I saw either 1 or 2 convictions on menacing but I'm not completely sure. Are there other convictions?

Are there any reports of him having beaten, kicked, hit somebody? I know Elaine wrote in her PO request that he had grabbed her. I don't condone grabbing anyone ever. Are there any reports of him having struck anyone?

Thank you.

Not that I ever saw and I'm sure if it was out there, it would have already been posted. JMO

I'm still wondering why law enforcement wanted the family to hold off on Texas Equusearch involvement?

maybe law enforcement is hoping a guilty conscience will lead to a confession??

who knows...

Yes, that is quite concerning about Equusearch. I wish Tricia could get Tim Miller on her radio show to address this and other cases where LE has not wanted them involved in the search effort. It baffles me as a layperson.

Yes, please!

On another note...I wonder if geocaching (is that still a thing?) is popular in or around Vallecito. I'm just thinking of possibilities...people who might be likely to notice or stumble upon something that could help find Dylan, even if organized searches per se don't.

I didn't know if geocaching was still a thing, because I never knew it was a thing! I am now "geocaching 101".

I'm wondering about LE doing another search. I know when they did the 12/8 search, this was reported:

The search is not prompted by any new leads in the case, according to the La Plata County Sheriff's Office. It is a common route between Durango and Vallecito, where Dylan was last seen. Investigators want to cover that area ahead of a possible snow fall that may hit the area Saturday night or Sunday.

Whether there was more to the search than that or not, we don't know (cell pings? something else?).

But there are clearly other places along the route from the airport back to the house (Sunday night) and from the house to ---> hitch-hiking route? (Monday morning). Unless there's snow on the ground or it's too frigid to search, why not organize another search to look for clues, especially if the first one was as random as LE insists it was.

I didn't know if geocaching was still a thing, because I never knew it was a thing! I am now "geocaching 101".

I'm wondering about LE doing another search. I know when they did the 12/8 search, this was reported:

The search is not prompted by any new leads in the case, according to the La Plata County Sheriff's Office. It is a common route between Durango and Vallecito, where Dylan was last seen. Investigators want to cover that area ahead of a possible snow fall that may hit the area Saturday night or Sunday.

Whether there was more to the search than that or not, we don't know (cell pings? something else?).

But there are clearly other places along the route from the airport back to the house (Sunday night) and from the house to ---> hitch-hiking route? (Monday morning). Unless there's snow on the ground or it's too frigid to search, why not organize another search to look for clues, especially if the first one was as random as LE insists it was.

Thank you! All valid questions and I don't know why there aren't more searches planned. It's a 13 year old boy FGS!

Don't quote me on this but I think way back when they started raising money through the Find Dylan FB page (via paypal) they mentioned that one of the things the funds might pay for *could* be a PI. Obviously it's reward money but I do remember something about a PI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?