CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenny I believe they have their POI. They know if MR is a suspect at this point, although they aren't going to tell us or him. They took kidnapping off, they added something may have happened in the home. This is a first in this case! You have to read between the lines. Yes, they can lie to a suspect, but not to the public. LE has to tell the public the truth, although it can be in a different language & you have to read between the lines & watch what they do. :floorlaugh:

I'm not familiar with the Laws of Colorado, is it possible they have enough evidence and a Grand Jury can be deciding if there's enough evidence to charge anyone even though no one has been confirmed a POI ?

If you read the article, the friends he was supposed to meet that day were in Bayfield. I have not seen any reference to his going to see friends in Vallecito that day, but I might have missed that.

Apparently Dylan had a friend in Vallecito and Mark thought to check to see if Dylan was there before he went to Bayfield to see if he was there. He started with the closest place he could be and worked his way out further from home.

Yeh, I'm confused because a stranger can kidnap a person, at least that's what they called it when the Lindbergh baby was taken. He was taken by a stranger and the case is hallmark to FBI being involved now in all kidnapping cases.

Abduction is synonymous with kidnapping. Now, maybe there some differences in legal definition, but most people think that abduction and kidnapping mean the same thing.

I'm not positive, but I believe that abduction means taking a person somewhere else (against their will or without permission) and kidnapping means holding a person against their will, without permission of parent/guardian, etc. MOO

According to the dictionary, they are one and the same.

"kid·nap
[kid-nap] Show IPA
verb (used with object), kid·napped or kid·naped, kid·nap·ping or kid·nap·ing.
to steal, carry off, or abduct by force or fraud, especially for use as a hostage or to extract ransom."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kidnapping?s=t

Ok, just thought of this, remember the other day when we were all wondering about the last electronic device being used at 9:37? We all saw the text from R and knew full well that they stopped at around 8:01 and then R sent Dylan a text at 9:27 pm.

Are you all still there? jk
Some of us thought that it was a lie by LE, that they planted it because they don't have to give all the facts and it was discounted as a typo, confusion, everything.

Still there?

Mark said in the interview that he went to bed and Dylan was texting away.

That means Mark went to be at 8:01

Who does that? What parent that is excited to see his child goes to bed at 8 pm leaving him there to text. He didn't mention he went to bed and said get to bed soon, we have to get you to R's house at 630. Nothing, just that he went to bed and Dylan was sitting there texting. Not watching tv, nothing, Dylan was texting.

Do you think that was the reason LE said the last thing was 937? Nowing it was a lie, and waiting for a slip up.
Then a few days later Mark has that in his head and brought that out there. He went to bed and Dylan was texting (would make more sense at 937 vs 8)Just like so many of his comments that seem to be as if he is answering questions poised and his story changes.

I posted a question hours ago asking if the Father and or Mother knew if Dylan was meeting Ryan Sunday night prior to Dylan flying out,or do you think Dylan confronted his Father once he arrived about meeting Ryan that night, and the Father made plans that he would see him the following morning, Thank You.

Yeh, I'm confused because a stranger can kidnap a person, at least that's what they called it when the Lindbergh baby was taken. He was taken by a stranger and the case is hallmark to FBI being involved now in all kidnapping cases.

A kidnapping is for ransom. An abduction is for something other than ransom.

I think it can vary between states.....

According to the dictionary, they are one and the same.

"kid·nap
[kid-nap] Show IPA
verb (used with object), kid·napped or kid·naped, kid·nap·ping or kid·nap·ing.
to steal, carry off, or abduct by force or fraud, especially for use as a hostage or to extract ransom."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kidnapping?s=t

You're right. I think kidnapping is just one form of abduction, but again, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong (again!)

I am not trying to be rude here but I am very perplexed.

What is it about the "new house" discussion that is important?

I can see where it might be exciting for an adult, but for a 13 year old they usually have other things on their mind.

How is the new house discussion going to help find Dylan?

( Below is the article that the father made a statement about the new house. )

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

After Dylan arrived in Durango on Nov. 18, father and son grabbed dinner and went by Walmart to pick up groceries for the week, Mark said. Dylan was visiting on a court-ordered visit.

Mark hadn’t heard much from his son lately, but that night the two hardly had a chance to talk about how Dylan liked his new home, he said.

I have read that article, and everything else that's been published about the case, as well as watching all of the videos now that I finally have some headphones. From the very beginning, MR has said that he went to the house of the friend in Vallecito first (I believe it was shortly after 3) and when he wasn't there he went to the friend in Bayfield's home.

On the subject of MR searching for Dylan that afternoon, has he ever said he went to the lake himself since he's said he was aware of he missing fishing pole from day one? The only thing I can remember is his going to the Vallecito friend's house and from there, to Bayfield. Has he talked about driving around or calling around prior to that or identified at what time he became concerned?

You're right. I think kidnapping is just one form of abduction, but again, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong (again!)

You can count on that, death and taxes. In that order. :floorlaugh:

( Below is the article that the father made a statement about the new house. )

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

After Dylan arrived in Durango on Nov. 18, father and son grabbed dinner and went by Walmart to pick up groceries for the week, who Mark said. Dylan was visiting on a court-ordered visit.

Mark hadn’t heard much from his son lately, but that night the two hardly had a chance to talk about how Dylan liked his new home, he said.

I remember that report. I'm not understanding the relevance right now to Dylan missing or anything. However, I had to admit I was reading during commericals of "The Scandal" so with my speed reading and inattentiveness, I may completely have missed the importance of Mark making that statement. TIA.

On the subject of MR searching for Dylan that afternoon, has he ever said he went to the lake himself since he's said he was aware of he missing fishing pole from day one? The only thing I can remember is his going to the Vallecito friend's house and from there, to Bayfield. Has he talked about driving around or calling around prior to that or identified at what time he became concerned?

I don't think he did. I don't think the whole idea of the fishing pole came up until he was asked maybe if he noticed anything else at the house being missing along with Dylan and that's when it came up. A week or so later when he talked about why LE hadn't checked out the lake earlier, he mentioned then that he had told them about the pole. IIRC.

This is all we have from MSM thus far:

Mark said he tried texting Dylan all afternoon in an area with spotty cell phone service.

When he didn't hear anything back by late afternoon, he went to Dylan's friend's house in Vallecito. That friend hadn't seen him.

Mark became alarmed and drove the 20 miles to Bayfield. Dylan's friends there hadn't seen him either. Mark called Elaine Redwine and went to the Bayfield Marshal's Office.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_22110078/dad-its-wait-wonder

AND

What else do we know, Dan O`Donnell?

O`DONNELL: Right, well, the boy was last seen at 11:30, the father told investigators that he started his search on his own for about four hours, didn`t report him missing until the early evening on that Monday. The most bizarre thing about this case, though, Nancy, is that Dylan, a prolific texter as most 13-year-old boys are who have cell phones -- his phone was not used since 8:00 p.m. Sunday night. His phone was not even on after 8:00 p.m. Sunday night.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

I remember that report. I'm not understanding the relevance right now to Dylan missing or anything. However, I had to admit I was reading during commericals of "The Scandal" so with my speed reading and inattentiveness, I may completely have missed the importance of Mark making that statement. TIA.

When he made that statement he was referring Dylan was to tired to even talk that night, yet they had time to visit walmart, eat, ' Pass the Football ' and now the Father has stated Dylan was on the couch texting 45 minutes that night, it's just the inconsistencies the Father has made, or the media has been misquoting him.

We know his cell phone was off but we also know he has an iPod which he used for texting.

When he made that statement he was referring Dylan was to tired to even talk that night, yet they had time to visit walmart, eat, ' Pass the Football ' and now the Father has stated Dylan was on the couch texting 45 minutes that night, it's just the inconsistencies the Father has made, or the media has been misquoting him.

Why couldn't all those things happen and he still didn't have the time talk to him about how he liked the new house. It sounded like they were busy. And have you ever tried talking to a kid who is texting??? I have and they aren't very good at listening when they are texting. Heck I can't even carry on a conversation and text at the same time.

I haven't seen or heard anything about what searching he did other than going to the 2 houses. I don't think he's ever said how he came to notice the fishing pole was missing either. He may have just drove by and watched for him around the lake, but he's never said anything about it.

Mark said he tried texting Dylan all afternoon in an area with spotty cell phone service.
]

I'm not sure how long the Father has Resided in that area, I'm currently living in a small town and know the areas with poor to none cell coverage, yet if i need to text, I can drive a mile or so to regain coverage,

The Father talking about trying all afternoon, then the spotty cell coverage almost guarantees very few text messages were sent, wonder if that's why he worded it that way.

a majority of cell phones will keep attempting to send the text, most fail and you have to resend, But if Law Enforcement dumped his cell phone records from the Towers, it should confirm areas and pinging the tower or towers depending on how rural the areas are.

Why couldn't all those things happen and he still didn't have the time talk to him about how he liked the new house. It sounded like they were busy. And have you ever tried talking to a kid who is texting??? I have and they aren't very good at listening when they are texting. Heck I can't even carry on a conversation and text at the same time.

Totally agree, but i took it Dylan was to tired once they arrived,there was another article that talked about Dylan tired that night, yet were finding out he was texting away 45 minutes once on the couch.

I guess I have missed someting, Where is it stated that he was texting away 45 minutes once on the couch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow