CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I did fairly often. When my son was 13-14, I'd leave him home alone almost every time I went shopping because he never wanted to go. Between driving time and shopping time, I was usually gone for 2-3 hours, and sometimes longer. During that time, there was no way for him to contact me because I never had a cell phone. He had the land line there (just as Dylan did) that he could use for emergencies, and he could use it to call anyone else he wanted to talk to - luckily, all of his friends were local calls at the time, even if there were close to an hour drive from us. He was 13 when we moved to that house. MOO

( Below is just a hypothetical question )
If at that time your son being 13 was only visting every so often, and was court scheduled and just arrived to spend time with you, would you still have reacted the same as a child that's always been living with you

But would you have thought and done the same routine leaving your son at home alone and returned not to see or get ahold of him, and he's not gotten ahold of you. Could you have still taken a nap without worrying you haven't talked to him for hours and him and all his belonging he brought were missing.

This is just a hypothetical question, and in know way judging or questioning your parental skills. I'm just seeking another Parents POV !!

If at that time your son being 13 was only visting every so often, and was court scheduled and just arrived to spend time with you, would you still have reacted the same as a child that's always been living with you

But would you have thought and done the same routine leaving your son at home alone and returned not to see or get ahold of him, and he's not gotten ahold of you. Could you have still taken a nap without worrying you haven't talked to him for hours and him and all his belonging he brought were missing.

This is just a hypothetical question, and in know way judging or questioning your parental skills. I'm just seeking another Parents POV !!

I guess I'll never know how I'd react under those circumstances. It never happened when either of my boys were young, and I'm definitely not going to be having another 13 year old in this lifetime! My original comment was that I wouldn't think to check to see if his phone was charged and working before leaving. I would imagine that if I needed groceries while my child was visiting me, I'd probably go get them rather than make him starve while visiting. These days, I could probably take a nap if the house was on fire, but I couldn't say about back then. Sorry, I'm no help. MOO

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...-confirms-appearance-on-dr-phil-with-ex-wife/

Dylan Redwine’s Father Confirms Appearance On Dr. Phil With Ex-Wife

(“Basically they want to come up here and eliminate the Vallecito area as a possibility for where Dylan could be so we can focus our search efforts on other places that he could possibly be,” said Mark Redwine.)

( Mark Redwine told CBS4 he plans to appear on the Dr. Phil show with his ex-wife and the group that is leading the search as early as next week. )

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-5lWVDNM8tSF7pC2Zm53Vow&bvm=bv.42452523,d.eWU

Dr. Phil working on a Redwine program
Father: Show could raise awareness of missing teenager

( Producers wanted the Redwine family to tape the show this week in California, but Mark Redwine was unable to attend, he said. Now, the producers want to tape on Wednesday or Feb. 27.
It is unknown when the show would air.)

I was just wondering if perhaps Dylan didn't get along with his mom's fiance. Maybe Dylan didn't like him, or maybe they had words before Dylan left to see his dad. Boys don't always get along with their step-fathers.

I thought about that too.

In many of the pictures that had MH and Dylan, Dylan was either leaning away from the group, or was not smiling.

Dylan has a big, beaming smile that to me, was missing from those pictures.

I am in no way insinuating Dylan hated MH, or even disliked him...it could be nothing more than there had been a disagreement before the picture was taken.

Just an observation

Actually, I did fairly often. When my son was 13-14, I'd leave him home alone almost every time I went shopping because he never wanted to go. Between driving time and shopping time, I was usually gone for 2-3 hours, and sometimes longer. During that time, there was no way for him to contact me because I never had a cell phone. He had the land line there (just as Dylan did) that he could use for emergencies, and he could use it to call anyone else he wanted to talk to - luckily, all of his friends were local calls at the time, even if there were close to an hour drive from us. He was 13 when we moved to that house. MOO

BBM - this in O/T but it's early and I read this and almost spite my coffee out. As kids when our mom would go run her errands (first of all she would say she was running away from us) we didn't have the cell phones / pagers or any of that.
We would call the store and have them page her.
Typically is was over child stuff - xyz won't stop doing this. etc. we would get into trouble when she got home, but it took years for it to click in our heads not to have her paged at the store unless someone was dying or bleeding.

In many of the pictures that had MH and Dylan, Dylan was either leaning away from the group, or was not smiling.

I am in no way insinuating Dylan hated MH, or even disliked him...it could be nothing more than there had been a disagreement before the picture was taken.

Just an observation

FWIW - his brothers have that same look often in pictures, it meant nothing. all IMO

something that bothered me all night. Why haven't the police asked people to look for anyone that may be acting different, similar to when Jessica was missing?

You know, anyone who has recently changed their appearance, called in sick on or suddenly took an unexpected trip, etc.

Snip:
Was the house unfamiliar to Dylan? I thought his dad talked about him doing things around there in the past. .
Per the La Plata county records, MR bought that house in 2006. IMO Dylan could be very familiar with the area.
http://eagleweb.laplata.co.us/assessor/taxweb/account.jsp?accountNum=R010855

Snip:
Then at a later date, Mark found the fishing pole when he was puttering around (NOT PACING) the house or yard or garage and found said fishing pole, and told LE about that and it dind't make the news??? What if the fishing pole is a dead issue and has been for LE and the search for Dylan all this time
Sounds very reasonable.

Snip:
And everyone else was far away.
I am not going to start discussing the others and I presume they are not involved. However I've never seen anything about alibis for any of the family.

I don't mean to keep posting, but the idea that someone close to a parent has Dylan hidden inside their home is just too out there for me. Again, he is fourteen. He would have to be tied up. Kept a prisoner. He is not simply going to agree to stay put, surrender his life, friends, brother, dog, etc. because, perhaps, someone tells him they are doing it for him.

IMO, Dylan is no longer alive. He is not of an age that makes me believe any scenario that someone has him to "keep" him. He either met evil at his father's home, on the "road", or fell into a well, backpack and all.
I think it depends on where he's being kept. Wayyyy back in the woods and he has no idea where? Or in another country? Not likely, but possible.

Snip:
What I do is not as important as the fact that I can absolutely see a person who is described as narcissistic and only in it to manipulate his exwife doing the things MR said he did.

Because his someday-gonna-be-step father is on the "safe" list, of those considered family of Dylan who cannot be discussed.

The only person we are allowed to name and try to work out theories about is Mark Redwine, period. No one else. WS is a victim friendly site and everyone else is considered victims.

It was not my intention to accuse Dylan's step-father of being involved. My thinking was that perhaps Dylan was not happy. I was trying to reference Dylan's state of mind, not his step-father's involvement. If Dylan wasn't happy, perhaps it could point to his running away. I know they have ruled that out, but "perhaps" he ran away "then" got abducted. Also, I was asking if anyone had heard about their time living together because I couldn't recall reading it or hearing anyone reference it in an interview and was wondering if someone here recalled reading/hearing it anywhere. I definitely wasn't clear in my wording! Anyway, I apologize if I unintentionally violated any rules, and I thank you for your kind reprimand.

Just an observation

You see exactly the same face on the pics of Dylan with Mom and Dad.
arms folded scow on the face.

Because his someday-gonna-be-step father is on the "safe" list, of those considered family of Dylan who cannot be discussed.

The only person we are allowed to name and try to work out theories about is Mark Redwine, period. No one else. WS is a victim friendly site and everyone else is considered victims.

This makes it sound like we are only supposed to be trying to prove that Mark Redwine did it. Is that what you meant to say? I thought other potential "suspects" were being presented here. Sorry, but I'm new here and still trying to get a feel for the rules. :waitasec:

Why would a family member hide Dylan without vanishing themselves?
It makes no sense at all. They cant magically make him reappear without going to jail for a very long time. I dont see this as parental abduction or stranger abduction!

This makes it sound like we are only supposed to be trying to prove that Mark Redwine did it. Is that what you meant to say? I thought other potential "suspects" were being presented here. Sorry, but I'm new here and still trying to get a feel for the rules. :waitasec:

That is not it at all!
Go to the first page of the thread and read the rules it will explain it all to you!

You can have all the theories you want just dont name someone that wasnt there.
MR was there he is the one Dylan was with. We have his words on what happend that night and that morning. We have the mysterious spanish guy that is a possible witness
seen on that road. but so far that is it! MR and mysterious spanish man.

Yeah, but were you ever IN that position? Did you ever have to leave your 13 year old behind alone in an unfamiliar place (to him) when you'd be over an hour away? If you don't run into that situation, you don't think about it. I leave my 13 year old at home when I'm an hour away all the time, but I KNOW we have a land line that I can get him on in an emergency. And I have had occasion where he called having locked himself in the safe room (back bathroom with reinforced door, a phone and a lock) because someone was beating on the front door (he had 911 on the other line). So we kind of go with our experiences.

From what I have read here Dylan was not in an unfamiliar place. And there was a land line, wasn't there? I'm thinking I have read there was one. I think I would have done the same thing that MR did. Namely, send text messages on the cell phone. No response would mean the kid's still sleeping. Dylan knew the area and had friends in the area. I would assume, as MR did, that Dylan was out and about doing what he always did when he lived there. I came home many, many times when my sons were teenagers and they weren't home. I never once automatically thought they were kidnapped. I went about my business, assuming, as MR did, that they were having a good time with their friends. I don't think the first thing that would come into my head when my son wasn't home when I arrived is that he had been kidnapped. Just saying....

That is not it at all!
Go to the first page of the thread and read the rules it will explain it all to you!

Again, I apologize. I was not trying to accuse Dylan's step-father but trying to speculate on Dylan's frame of mind. I apologize again if my comments were not clear.

:truce:

From what I have read here Dylan was not in an unfamiliar place. And there was a land line, wasn't there? I'm thinking I have read there was one. I think I would have done the same thing that MR did. Namely, send text messages on the cell phone. No response would mean the kid's still sleeping. Dylan knew the area and had friends in the area. I would assume, as MR did, that Dylan was out and about doing what he always did when he lived there. I came home many, many times when my sons were teenagers and they weren't home. I never once automatically thought they were kidnapped. I went about my business, assuming, as MR did, that they were having a good time with their friends. I don't think the first thing that would come into my head when my son wasn't home when I arrived is that he had been kidnapped. Just saying....

Well if your out in the middle of nowhere and your son is 13, you left him sound asleep that morning and told D you would be back for him. He said he understood! You return home after trying to text him all morning and find him GONE no note, no text, nada, zip, zilch, nothing at all left behind to say he was ever there. What do ya do?

TAKE A NAP!

Again, I apologize. I was not trying to accuse Dylan's step-father but trying to speculate on Dylan's frame of mind. I apologize again if my comments were not clear.

:truce:

No worries Babbi I do it myself! We all do!
The reason MR is getting the short end of the stick is because he was there.

Well if your out in the middle of nowhere and your son is 13, you left him sound asleep that morning and told D you would be back for him. He said he understood! You return home after trying to text him all morning and find him GONE no note, no text, nada, zip, zilch, nothing at all left behind to say he was ever there. What do ya do?

TAKE A NAP!

We live in a rural area here. Doing so can tend to make some folks feel even more safe, not less safe. Most people I know that live out in the middle of nowhere do so because they don't feel safe in the city were all the crime takes place. I am just saying that considering all of the circumstances, I would have done the same thing that MR did. Others, of course, would not. I'm just saying that from where I stand his behavior that day, to me, doesn't automatically point to him being the bad guy here. But then, that's JMO.

I guess I'm another irresponsible parent. :blushing: It's a good thing my sons grew up before anyone figured that out! MOO

Back in my childhood we would eat breakfast then head out on our bikes. Our rule was to head home when the street lights came on. We ate lunch at our friends homes. Our parents wouldn't see us all day long! Boy, times sure have changed! I suppose that many of us here have these same memories, and as such, are being influenced they what we have experienced in our own lives. Younger parents might automatically jump to something suspicious happening where us older folks don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC