CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they confirmed it, why don't they know who he is? Or is the confirmation simply based on what the witness/tipster said?

I give the FBI/CBI/sheriff's office task force more credit than to consider a tipster saying "I talked to a guy who said he was looking for a rental property" as confirmation that a guy was looking for rental properties. Just my admittedly pro-LE opinion though.

So I guess LE is totally ignoring the search team? If so, that is a shame.

I know, right? I wonder why that is. Hopefully they (LE) at least gave them something of use, maybe where they've searched already.

Then I guess the billboards, fliers and all of that are just a total waste of time and effort too? Most missing persons are probably dead, so why bother huh? I get it.

I see your point, I really do.
NO, I don't think the fliers and the billboards are a total waste of time, because there is always a chance that he is alive somewhere, like Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck and Elizabeth Smart were. It's rare that happens, but it's always possible, right?
But when you think about it, most of the people who keep insisting that the Dr. Phil show is a way to keep Dylan's face and name out there, and that this show will make more people aware of him, are generally the ones who believe Mark killed Dylan. I think that's what Otto is trying to get across. If one believes that he is dead by his father's hands, then why would one be so adamant that he go on this show so that Dylan's case gets national attention? Are they hoping for a confession during the show?
And I'm not speaking for anyone except myself, but I really don't think this show is going to be as much about Dylan as it will be about the drama and the family dynamics. To each his own, I guess we will see when the time comes.

In the prior thread, someone asked could a dog track someone's scent if they are traveling in a vehicle.

I'm in the middle of reading "A Deadly Game" about the Laci Peterson murder. It states in the book that dogs were able to follow Laci's scent in Scott's truck from their home following the same route Scott told investigators he traveled to his office that faithful Christmas Eve. Yes, there were some times that the dogs lost the scent in heavy traffic. However, they regrouped, moved the dogs to a central location (like an intersection) and would start again following her scent.

It was early in the investigation this was done for Laci. Not as far of a gap in time as we have now in Dillion's case.

Amazing! Those dogs are amazing!!

I think that concentrating in the area of Mark Redwine's home may put to rest the chorus of "he never made it there."

Also, I think that concentrating in the Bayfield area may support the theory that it's possible that Dylan left his father's home voluntarily with Bayfield as his destination. Clearly, someone thinks he went to Bayfield.

Isn't it lovely to see "Active Search" next to Dylan's name? The scanner has NO activity about the search, though, sadly.

It IS lovely to see Active Search- it IS! I do wonder if K-9 Forensics has any info from LE, particularly about pings. Starting in Vallecito cannot hurt. I wish them good weather and good luck.

If the guy was in the area looking at rental properties he had to have made arrangements to get inside these places, so surely somebody got his name and number? You don't usually just go driving around looking at the outside of properties. You make arrangements with the owners to meet with them to have a look inside.

When we've been looking at houses, we would drive around looking at listings we've seen, and then tell the realtor which ones we wanna see inside. It's quite possible he was either doing drive by's, or using it as an excuse to be lurking, or just to be in the area at all (at someone's request?).

NO, I don't think the fliers and the billboards are a total waste of time, because there is always a chance that he is alive somewhere, like Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck and Elizabeth Smart were. It's rare that happens, but it's always possible, right?
But when you think about it, most of the people who keep insisting that the Dr. Phil show is a way to keep Dylan's face and name out there, and that this show will make more people aware of him, are generally the ones who believe Mark killed Dylan. I think that's what Otto is trying to get across. If one believes that he is dead by his father's hands, then why would one be so adamant that he go on this show so that Dylan's case gets national attention? Are they hoping for a confession during the show?
And I'm not speaking for anyone except myself, but I really don't think this show is going to be as much about Dylan as it will be about the drama and the family dynamics. To each his own, I guess we will see when the time comes.

I think a lot of it is in place of mediation. ER wants answers to specific questions and MR is ignoring her (allegedly). This may be a way to get him to answer.

I find it very odd that MR believes Dylan is alive but see's no urgency in getting his face out there.

On the other hand I think Elaine knows that it's unlikely that he's alive but is doing everything she can to get his face out there. Not just the Dr Phil show but billboards, fliers etc.

How odd....

In reality I don't think it matters much what any of us here think.

So I guess LE is totally ignoring the search team? If so, that is a shame.

I'd be surprised if LE is ignoring the search. Probably they have someone on scene who is communicating (if communicating at all) on a non-public channel.

I must have missed something. Why do some think LE is ignoring the search?

The weather here today is sunny, no clouds to be seen, with a high temperature expected to be around 38.

I don't think LE would say it's CONFIRMED that a man of this description was looking for rentals if they didn't have something from someone other than the tipster. JMHO

They could have said it's confirmed that someone fitting this description was seen in the area, but they didn't. They said it's confirmed that he was looking for rentals (or however it was worded).

This document has statistics and other info about the disposal of children's bodies. There is a section on body disposal.

Research Findings Report - Case Management for Missing Children Homicide Investigation - https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/pr/201316.pdf

It feels terrible to type that. Rest in peace, sweet ones.

I think a lot of it is in place of mediation. ER wants answers to specific questions and MR is ignoring her (allegedly). This may be a way to get him to answer.

IMO, the purpose of the Dr. Phil show is for reasons similar to what you have stated above. They want to put pressure on MR in front of a national audience. It can't be done with LE, or a mediator or thousand of other ways, apparently for what ever reason. It is obvious to me that they have been pressuring him all along through various forms of media. The reason that they are doing this is because they have stated publicly (according to them) that he isn't cooperating.

Since Dr. Phil will cut out the majority of everything that's said, it will not give the TV audience a good platform for discussion. That's the way it works in interviews where there is a lot of editing.

Secondly, it will get Dylan's face and name out there so if he is walking around the mall, or if he is in someones basement being held captive, maybe someone watching the Dr. Phil show will call in a tip. (This scenerio is highly unnlikely IMO)

Isn't Dylan his son? He claims he loves him, and he claims that he believes Dylan to be alive. So why shouldn't he do the show?

Respectfully... I wouldn't use that as a gauge to measure how much a father loves his son. That's unfair, IMO.

I don't think Mark ever flatly refused to do the show, he just couldn't commit to the dates they offered at first. Some people have jobs that will not allow them to take off when they want to. Also I know a lot of bosses that would laugh in their face if they mentioned having to appear on Dr. Phil, no matter what the purpose was.

My dad used to work at a large hospital in security. Their policy was that employees could not take off work for a death unless it was immediate family. He asked for and was refused a day off to go to my grandfather's funeral, his father-in-law, because in-laws are not blood relatives. My mother was devastated because she needed him there. Finally one of his co-workers offered to work a double shift so that my dad could go and be with my mother. Otherwise, if he had taken off, he would have been fired.

Maybe ignoring is the wrong word, but I get the impression that LE is not or did not provide any info to the dog handler and has only made comments to the effect that they were not aware, or contacted, or something like that. I kind of it took it as they are distancing themselves and would not be providing her with ping info or anything else. Could be wrong.

I give the FBI/CBI/sheriff's office task force more credit than to consider a tipster saying "I talked to a guy who said he was looking for a rental property" as confirmation that a guy was looking for rental properties. Just my admittedly pro-LE opinion though.

But "confirming" tends to mean proved, to me at least. Even if five people told LE that this person said they were looking for a rental, to me that is not confirmation. Confirmation would be someone having shown him rentals, and if so, usually a name and sometimes even ID is required to view properties.

I guess someone may have shown him rentals without asking his name, or getting any vehicle info. Seems unlikely, but possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel