CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. They seem to be stuck without much of anything to go on.

We don't know what the have captured on video, or what was said through the tips. They could have already had this guy on their radar and exhausted all possibilities of finding him and are now reaching out to the public.

They may only be releasing enough information to not let the perp know that they are on his trail so he doesn't dispose of evidence.

Just some possibilities......

What video? Nobody said anything about video. And what perp? They think this Hispanic guy is a possible witness.
And I don't believe they had any clue about this witness until this tipster contacted them.

"Sgt. Dan Bender, public information officer for the La Plata County Sheriff's Office, said this person is not a suspect or a person of interest."

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/news...cle_855fb6b2-7ad5-11e2-b0a7-001a4bcf887a.html

I haven't been an active poster in this forum (yet), and I've been following this disappearance very closely - several times a day - since November. After careful consideration, I'd like to chime in and share my thoughts now!

I have been extremely hesitant to point the finger at MR, and have tried so hard to keep an open mind. Even though odds seemed slim that it was a stranger abduction, lost in the woods, etc., I've kept all options open. That said, I've now carefully watched all the interviews again, read all of the archived news articles and Facebook posts. I'm certain about what happened. The uncut footage of Mark sealed the deal for me.

I made 20+ pages of notes, but don't want to hog with the page with them, so I&#8217;ll share what I think are my highlights. There is another good analysis at <modsnip>that also breaks down MR's interview. My notes below are all from the MR uncut interview on YouTube:

Initial Conflict
Marks brings up several points of conflict from his first hours with Dylan:
- Dylan wanted to see his friends right away, dad said no
- Dad wanted to go out to eat at a restaurant, Dylan wanted McDonalds (We didn&#8217;t even eat IN McDonalds&#8221; he says)
- Dylan is &#8220;adamant&#8221; about having his snacks. Shaking his head in a &#8220;no&#8221; motion, says &#8220;Dylan wanted to throw a few videos he found in the $5 bin. (Mark having to accommodate).

Overall, there are definite signs that there was tension and some disagreements immediately, as acknowledged by MR. D's emoticon to mom was also a sign.

5:50 &#8211; &#8220;I was correct in assuming he wanted to spend time with friends&#8221;
6:14 &#8211; &#8220;When he wants to spend time with his friends, I get that. I understand that. I have no problem with that.&#8221;
6:46 &#8211; &#8220;When he&#8217;s with me, it&#8217;s me and him&#8221;. Then adds after pause &#8220;...with the exception of his friends&#8221;.

During the interview, Mark repeatedly emphasizes how important Dylan&#8217;s friends are to him, and how he (MR) apparently approved of him spending time with his friends. He emphasizes this many, many times.

Mark was obviously angry that D didn&#8217;t want to spend time with him, but rather his friends and this was likely the cause of an altercation. MR was probably even more frustrated after fighting to get to see D again, battling in court for D, then having D not want to spend time with him but his friends instead.

6:00 &#8211; Mark says Dylan made mention of wanting to go to Castle Rock to see Mark&#8217;s brother during the visit. (This doesn&#8217;t seem likely &#8211; Dylan&#8217;s main focus was seeing his friends. Would he really want to leave to visit MR's brother?).

Body language/Speech
11:35 &#8211; &#8220;Which is one of the movies we would watch&#8230;.the night (long pause) ...we were together&#8221;. The night that what happened? This is extremely revealing &#8211; watch it.
12:59 &#8211; shaking his head &#8220;no&#8221; when he says &#8220;He was texting on the couch&#8221;
16:38 &#8211; Shaking his head &#8216;No&#8217; when he sayd &#8220;I told Dylan &#8230; if you need anyting, call me when you get up&#8221;

His physical gestures are contrary to what he is speaking. A tell-tale sign of deception, well documented.

A few other concerning things:

8:48 &#8211; In answering the question &#8220;Are you convinced someone abducted him&#8221;, he pauses a long time - about 4 seconds &#8211; looks up, then says &#8220;Well, I am. (PAUSE). I struggle with the fact that it could be somebody he knew.&#8221;

If MR didn&#8217;t do anything wrong and it all went down as he says and apparently believes, then abduction is the only possibility. Why the hesitation and somewhat indirect answer?

9:00 &#8211; &#8220;I didn&#8217;t find out till later on that he was known to be a hitchhiker&#8221;
9:15 &#8211; &#8220;That boy would talk to anybody. He never knew a stranger&#8230;.And that&#8217;s concerning&#8221;

Both nicely set up for how he may have been abducted by someone else.

13:20 &#8211; There are only 2 places in the house where Dylan could get cell phone service; then the reporter&#8217;s phone rings &#8211; she&#8217;s not in one of those places. (Not conclusive, but an interesting note).

He&#8217;s making it a point to stare straight at reporter and control his mannerisms, gestures, and movements. He is obviously aware and trying so hard to consciously control his body language. He also gives long, rambling answers to many questions, providing more or different information that was asked for. This is extremely common when people are being deceptive.

I know the interview was broken down and discussed earlier, so sorry if I&#8217;m late to the party. The above notes are just a few that I made, and IN MY OPINION I now firmly believe that Dylan never made it home that night. MR snapped, had a lot of time to clean up, and likely drove a long way before dumping Dylan somewhere impossible to find. He&#8217;s confident that D won&#8217;t be found nearby so he doesn&#8217;t have a problem with dogs in his area, and knows there is no evidence, so he can pretend that he is using all his resources, hire a PI, etc. His immediate actions in the days after D disappeared are highly suspicious as well.

MR's biggest enemy is himself. I&#8217;m very interested to see how he responds on TV, and hope Elaine has some questions that will trip him up &#8211; I can think of several myself. It's guaranteed that investigators are watching closely as well.

Sorry to be so long-winded! All of this is my theory and in my opinion only.

What video? Nobody said anything about video. And what perp? They think this Hispanic guy is a possible witness.
And I don't believe they had any clue about this witness until this tipster contacted them.

There not going to say anything about video and I have seen suspect later arrested where they have said these exact same words. (possible witness)

They could have compiled footage from areas all over on that day and maybe this person was seen in some of those videos and it caught their eye, along with the tips.

They word things in careful ways for reasons when they release things to the public. Many cases that I have followed here that have taken time to solve, I have seen people complain about LE not giving any information and saying they have nothing to go on, when all along they did.

Like I said, just a possibility....

What footage? If police has interesting footage and need help from the public to identify someone, they normally release that footage. I fail to see any reason why they would not.

There not going to say anything about video and I have seen suspect later arrested where they have said these exact same words. (possible witness)

They could have compiled footage from areas all over on that day and maybe this person was seen in some of those videos and it caught their eye, along with the tips.

They word things in careful ways for reasons when they release things to the public. Many cases that I have followed here that have taken time to solve, I have seen people complain about LE not giving any information and saying they have nothing to go on, when all along they did.

Like I said, just a possibility....

So no video , just you assuming ?

ETA- just to clear this up as I'm confused

What footage? If police has interesting footage and need help from the public to identify someone, they normally release that footage. I fail to see any reason why they would not.

They have calculated reasons for why and what they choose to release to the public. Sometimes they are just looking for additional pieces to put the puzzle together.

So no video , just you assuming ?

ETA- just to clear this up as I'm confused

I stated just a possibility in both of my posts.

In a typical investigation they would obtain any and all video that they can from the areas they may feel Dylan may have been. Like the gas station for instance. Maybe they have gone back through video and seen someone that fits this description on that day in video.

Something may have red flagged them before and then they also got tips to add to it.

LE sometimes only releases tidbits of information at a time for reasons.

I haven't been an active poster in this forum (yet), and I've been following this disappearance very closely - several times a day - since November. After careful consideration, I'd like to chime in and share my thoughts now!

I have been extremely hesitant to point the finger at MR, and have tried so hard to keep an open mind. Even though odds seemed slim that it was a stranger abduction, lost in the woods, etc., I've kept all options open. That said, I've now carefully watched all the interviews again, read all of the archived news articles and Facebook posts. I'm certain about what happened. The uncut footage of Mark sealed the deal for me.

I made 20+ pages of notes, but don't want to hog with the page with them, so I&#8217;ll share what I think are my highlights. There is another good analysis at http://.blogspot.com that also breaks down MR's interview. My notes below are all from the MR uncut interview on YouTube:

Initial Conflict
Marks brings up several points of conflict from his first hours with Dylan:
- Dylan wanted to see his friends right away, dad said no
- Dad wanted to go out to eat at a restaurant, Dylan wanted McDonalds (We didn&#8217;t even eat IN McDonalds&#8221; he says)
- Dylan is &#8220;adamant&#8221; about having his snacks. Shaking his head in a &#8220;no&#8221; motion, says &#8220;Dylan wanted to throw a few videos he found in the $5 bin. (Mark having to accommodate).

Overall, there are definite signs that there was tension and some disagreements immediately, as acknowledged by MR. D's emoticon to mom was also a sign.

5:50 &#8211; &#8220;I was correct in assuming he wanted to spend time with friends&#8221;
6:14 &#8211; &#8220;When he wants to spend time with his friends, I get that. I understand that. I have no problem with that.&#8221;
6:46 &#8211; &#8220;When he&#8217;s with me, it&#8217;s me and him&#8221;. Then adds after pause &#8220;...with the exception of his friends&#8221;.

During the interview, Mark repeatedly emphasizes how important Dylan&#8217;s friends are to him, and how he (MR) apparently approved of him spending time with his friends. He emphasizes this many, many times.

Mark was obviously angry that D didn&#8217;t want to spend time with him, but rather his friends and this was likely the cause of an altercation. MR was probably even more frustrated after fighting to get to see D again, battling in court for D, then having D not want to spend time with him but his friends instead.

6:00 &#8211; Mark says Dylan made mention of wanting to go to Castle Rock to see Mark&#8217;s brother during the visit. (This doesn&#8217;t seem likely &#8211; Dylan&#8217;s main focus was seeing his friends. Would he really want to leave to visit MR's brother?).

Body language/Speech
11:35 &#8211; &#8220;Which is one of the movies we would watch&#8230;.the night (long pause) ...we were together&#8221;. The night that what happened? This is extremely revealing &#8211; watch it.
12:59 &#8211; shaking his head &#8220;no&#8221; when he says &#8220;He was texting on the couch&#8221;
16:38 &#8211; Shaking his head &#8216;No&#8217; when he sayd &#8220;I told Dylan &#8230; if you need anyting, call me when you get up&#8221;

His physical gestures are contrary to what he is speaking. A tell-tale sign of deception, well documented.

A few other concerning things:

8:48 &#8211; In answering the question &#8220;Are you convinced someone abducted him&#8221;, he pauses a long time - about 4 seconds &#8211; looks up, then says &#8220;Well, I am. (PAUSE). I struggle with the fact that it could be somebody he knew.&#8221;

If MR didn&#8217;t do anything wrong and it all went down as he says and apparently believes, then abduction is the only possibility. Why the hesitation and somewhat indirect answer?

9:00 &#8211; &#8220;I didn&#8217;t find out till later on that he was known to be a hitchhiker&#8221;
9:15 &#8211; &#8220;That boy would talk to anybody. He never knew a stranger&#8230;.And that&#8217;s concerning&#8221;

Both nicely set up for how he may have been abducted by someone else.

13:20 &#8211; There are only 2 places in the house where Dylan could get cell phone service; then the reporter&#8217;s phone rings &#8211; she&#8217;s not in one of those places. (Not conclusive, but an interesting note).

He&#8217;s making it a point to stare straight at reporter and control his mannerisms, gestures, and movements. He is obviously aware and trying so hard to consciously control his body language. He also gives long, rambling answers to many questions, providing more or different information that was asked for. This is extremely common when people are being deceptive.

I know the interview was broken down and discussed earlier, so sorry if I&#8217;m late to the party. The above notes are just a few that I made, and IN MY OPINION I now firmly believe that Dylan never made it home that night. MR snapped, had a lot of time to clean up, and likely drove a long way before dumping Dylan somewhere impossible to find. He&#8217;s confident that D won&#8217;t be found nearby so he doesn&#8217;t have a problem with dogs in his area, and knows there is no evidence, so he can pretend that he is using all his resources, hire a PI, etc. His immediate actions in the days after D disappeared are highly suspicious as well.

MR's biggest enemy is himself. I&#8217;m very interested to see how he responds on TV, and hope Elaine has some questions that will trip him up &#8211; I can think of several myself. It's guaranteed that investigators are watching closely as well.

Sorry to be so long-winded! All of this is my theory and in my opinion only.

Excellent analysis. I don't know if I think Dylan made it home or not. There is the "9:37PM communication (text)"-that's the wording in the LE release. The reporter who did this interview has written on twitter that she double checked with Bender, and he says it was outgoing and was from a cell phone. Some think this could be a miscommunication or misunderstanding although she is pretty firm in her comments. I am kinda of in that camp. I can't let go of the theory that the 9:37PM communication was the receipt of R's 9:27 text. I also believe LE will be paying attention to what is said on Dr. Phil.

diveguy, the thanks button wasn't enough - cheers for the astute post. I have to say that all of these factors you've pointed out have put MR strongly on my radar for possible guilt and like you, I think the uncut interview was the point at which I found myself seriously doubting that Mark had nothing to do with his son's disappearance.

I can't wait for Dr. Phil.. though I expect to see MR exhibit a whole lot more control over what he says than he has in the past.

The problem with the last text is that it may not of even been Dylan who sent it . So even of the phone pinged at home it may not of been Dylan sending it ... Moo

We don't know what the have captured on video, or what was said through the tips. They could have already had this guy on their radar and exhausted all possibilities of finding him and are now reaching out to the public.

They may only be releasing enough information to not let the perp know that they are on his trail so he doesn't dispose of evidence.

Just some possibilities......

BBM

wonder if that's why they said multiple tips in recent articles

had tip/info before, but after the recent thing with the PI & his publicity, LE had to go public with it

?

BBM

wonder if that's why they said multiple tips in recent articles

had tip/info before, but after the recent thing with the PI & his publicity, LE had to go public with it

?

I'm quoting my own post:

"We have received multiple tips that have been helpful in our attempts to identify the person who we have confirmed was looking for a rental property," said Bender in an email to 7NEWS. "We are still following up on those tips."

I can only assume there are many average height, average weight, average age Hispanic men in the area so it seems to me that the confirmation that he was looking for rental property would have had to come from a rental agent, property manager, home owner advertising a rental, etc. If confirmed, you'd think somebody would have been able to provide a name, contact number, vehicle description, something. I guess considering this is a round the year vacation area, there may have been several Hispanic men looking for rentals around this time, maybe? But the statement makes it sounds as though they have confirmed it is the SAME man the tipster saw. All M (confused) OO.

I am skeptical about the timing of this tip, but going on Bender's statement, this person must be out there. What I am most curious about is the nature of the tips that they've received. It would be one thing if the tips consisted of people reporting a suspicious stranger, odd behavior, surprising location, etc. Some of those tips may well have been of the "suspicious stranger" variety. But at least one of these additional tips must have come from someone who spoke to the man about a rental or how else can they have confirmed he was looking for a rental? So why nothing further to help identify this man?

I'm quoting my own post:

"We have received multiple tips that have been helpful in our attempts to identify the person who we have confirmed was looking for a rental property," said Bender in an email to 7NEWS. "We are still following up on those tips."

I can only assume there are many average height, average weight, average age Hispanic men in the area so it seems to me that the confirmation that he was looking for rental property would have had to come from a rental agent, property manager, home owner advertising a rental, etc. If confirmed, you'd think somebody would have been able to provide a name, contact number, vehicle description, something. I guess considering this is a round the year vacation area, there may have been several Hispanic men looking for rentals around this time, maybe? But the statement makes it sounds as though they have confirmed it is the SAME man the tipster saw. All M (confused) OO.

I am skeptical about the timing of this tip, but going on Bender's statement, this person must be out there. What I am most curious about is the nature of the tips that they've received. It would be one thing if the tips consisted of people reporting a suspicious stranger, odd behavior, surprising location, etc. Some of those tips may well have been of the "suspicious stranger" variety. But at least one of these additional tips must have come from someone who spoke to the man about a rental or how else can they have confirmed he was looking for a rental? So why nothing further to help identify this man?

I would like to know why there is no vehicle description. How would he go look at a rental property w/out a car or truck?

And if he contacted a realtor/manager/property owner then he should have given some tiny bit of info or identification to them. Unless it just consisted of him walking up to a property with a sign out front and knocking on the door?

I would like to know why there is no vehicle description. How would he go look at a rental property w/out a car or truck?

And if he contacted a realtor/manager/property owner then he should have given some tiny bit of info or identification to them. Unless it just consisted of him walking up to a property with a sign out front and knocking on the door?

Does anybody actually do that ?

You would contact the realtor , no ?

I'm quoting my own post:

~snip
Insert in red

"We have received multiple tips that have been helpful in our attempts to identify the person who we have confirmed (said that he)was looking for a rental property," said Bender

LE speak??

:waitasec:

Does anybody actually do that ?

You would contact the realtor , no ?

When I helped my DD and her roommate look for their apartment, we drove around the area they wanted to move to. We wrote down the phone #'s from any rental signs we saw, but once or twice we saw FOR RENT signs, out front of
a building, and the girls would go see if there was a manager.

There was a FOr Sale sign near Mark's house, for a property nearby, Wonder if the guy went to look at that property. [ but it was not a rental, AFAIK.]

When I helped my DD and her roommate look for their apartment, we drove around the area they wanted to move to. We wrote down the phone #'s from any rental signs we saw, but once or twice we saw FOR RENT signs, out front of
a building, and the girls would go see if there was a manager.

There was a FOr Sale sign near Mark's house, for a property nearby, Wonder if the guy went to look at that property. [ but it was not a rental, AFAIK.]

They may have still rented the property even if it was for sale. Since it's a vacation spot you could rent it by the week. It beats letting it sit empty and not making any money from it. The one for sale is on Safley and there was one that sold on Safley recently also. The for sale sign by Marks house points in the direction down that road. So, if he ran out of gas down that street he could have walked out right there by MR's property.

Have any of these SAR or K-9 dogs have the scent of Dylan in that house or outside that house for LE searches or the searches going on now.

As I see it the first place they should search is MRs house to make sure he was ever there. Dogs followed Sierra Lamar out her driveway!

Have any of these SAR or K-9 dogs have the scent of Dylan in that house or outside that house for LE searches or the searches going on now.

As I see it the first place they should search is MRs house to make sure he was ever there. Dogs followed Sierra Lamar out her driveway!

I agree with this , lets see if the dogs can find Dylan's scent in the house and go from there .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx