CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish more questions would have been asked on the show. Especially since this was the first time ER and MR have spoken since Dylan disappeared. I would like to have heard details from MR concerning Sunday night and Monday morning. I'm not sure LE has shared any details with ER. I think she would have many questions.

What did MR and Dylan talk about in the car? What did they eat at McDonalds? Did MR see Dylan's charger or see his phone charging? Did MR and Dylan argue that night? Did LE take the cereal bowl as evidence? What did Dylan do when they first arrived at MR's? Where did Dylan put his backpack when he got to the house? What kind of conversations took place that evening?

Just my opinion...

seems there would be ways to subdue someone without a physical struggle

RE: the texts Sunday night. From Day 1 Dr Phil Show transcript: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8944123&postcount=95"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

ER: 9:30 would be early, and it’s definitely early for him to stop texting, especially when he was so excited to see his friends.

Dr. Phil: His friends on that end?

ER: Yes, his friends in the southwest.

Dr. Phil: And was he texting them up until 9:30?

ER: I believe the last text was about 9:30… somewhere around there.

Dr. Phil: To those friends?

ER: Yes.

Dr. Phil: Okay, so he was in connection with them until 9:30. Not another text was ever sent from his phone?

ER: Right.

To which friend was the 9:37 text sent? It wouldn't have been R, right? because he showed the world his texts. And it probably wasn't W or F because they were right there when R was showing the texts. Elaine says it was one of his friends there in the Southwest.

That text - something's not right.

I wish more questions would have been asked on the show. Especially since this was the first time ER and MR have spoken since Dylan disappeared. I would like to have heard details from MR concerning Sunday night and Monday morning. I'm not sure LE has shared any details with ER. I think she would have many questions.

What did MR and Dylan talk about in the car? What did they eat at McDonalds? Did MR see Dylan's charger or see his phone charging? Did MR and Dylan argue that night? Did LE take the cereal bowl as evidence? What did Dylan do when they first arrived at MR's? Where did Dylan put his backpack when he got to the house? What kind of conversations took place that evening?

Just my opinion...

BBM-what an awesome question! It would seem to me that his bowl of cereal and/or spoon would have some sort of DNA on it proving or perhaps disproving he was there that morning eating cereal.

I see much empathy on MR's part. The man is torn to pieces.

As far as drinking 1/2 pint of Jim Bean when he could not sleep, I certainly do not think that small amount of alcohol is going to make a man as large as MR drunk. I hope it did help him get a few hours of sleep after all the hell he was put through on DP.

No disrespect to you, but I don't believe he only drank a half a pint. No way. He was hungover, that was obvious. He had not showered, his hair was a mess, his eyes were redder than usual. He is not a newcomer to drinking, so one-half a pint would not have fazed him.

I know drunks, I lived with one. I've been around them enough to know when someone was hammered the night before and has the headache from hell. I guarantee you that he had way more than he admitted to.

RE: the texts Sunday night. From Day 1 Dr Phil Show transcript: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *Media , Maps & Timelines*

To which friend was the 9:37 text sent? It wouldn't have been R, right? because he showed the world his texts. And it probably wasn't W or F because they were right there when R was showing the texts. Elaine says it was one of his friends there in the Southwest.

I must have missed any of the texts being made public. Would you happen to have a link to those or tell me where I could find these? TIA!

Just my opinion...

AZGrandma and Cory were the only ones that called BS on his story. I wish the other discrepancies and details were discussed also, but that didn't seem to be Dr. Phil's agenda for the show :(

BBM-what an awesome question! It would seem to me that his bowl of cereal and/or spoon would have some sort of DNA on it proving or perhaps disproving he was there that morning eating cereal.

But why would LE have taken it? They did not do a real search until ten days had passed. They admitted they just looked around the house the first day, basically looking for his phone. I would bet LE never noticed any cereal bowl, unless MR took pains to point it out.

I must have missed any of the texts being made public. Would you happen to have a link to those or tell me where I could find these? TIA!

On this A Boy's Life article by the Durango Herald. Scroll down and look in the left margin you'll see a section that starts with "The following is a text exchange between RN and Dylan Redwine that starts early afternoon Nov. 18 with the two swapping banter about their prowess with females."

The 9:37 text was revealed in a press release from the sheriff's office and has not been made public - who it was to/from, what it said.

Sorry about that!
http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life--

Since I've never ever texted, have a question

Is it possible that Dylan wrote a text, then IF phone disabled or whatever, text never made it to recipient, but was later found on Dylan's phone records

Other option, friend that rec'd it, just hasn't chosen to go public

LE obviously know about it

In those scenarios outlined above, it would have equated to a 'perfect storm' of circumstances. Instead of working logically from Point A (Dylan's whereabouts are known) --> Point B (Dylan's whereabouts are unknown), the exercise is turning that around starting w/Point B and filling-in-the-blanks to Point A w/all conceivable possibilities, answering yes to every single 'What If' statement presented, no matter how convoluted the overall picture becomes. It's what defense attorneys do all the time, start from Point B --> Point A throwing every possibility, and it's second cousin, into the mix.

But, it's not logical...

I think I agree with you . I think the most logical answer here is MR. But that does not mean there are no other possibles . I like to think of things in probable vs possible. MR is probable. I think almost everyone can agree that he is probable. By the very fact that he was the last one to see him, that makes him of most interest to LE at the outset of any investigation. MR is probable. But when no evidence comes to light, you have to then consider other possibles. That does not mean MR is not still the probable. mooooooo

BBM

Great question. All this speech and behavior analysis is suspect IMO without knowing if he's on medication.
I have wondered if he's on some sort of medication myself, but that would only effect his affect, not the actual words he uses. So I could see where it *might* negate behavior analysis to a certain degree, but I don't see where it would negate the speech analysis which is based more on his choice of words, not the delivery. Just MOO as I'm no expert.

RE: the texts Sunday night. From Day 1 Dr Phil Show transcript: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *Media , Maps & Timelines*

we didn't see every text that Dylan and R traded that day, we saw a small portion of them, remember they started texting in the afternoon before Dylan even left Colorado Springs.

but yes I agree something is very off with that text IMO

we didn't see every text that Dylan and R traded that day, we saw a small portion of them, remember they started texting in the afternoon before Dylan even left Colorado Springs.

but yes I agree something is very off with that text IMO

I tend to think we did see the end of the texts between R and Dylan, because the family was talking about texting ending shortly after 8pm up until the press release from the sheriff disclosed the 9:37. There is a possibility there was a typo on the press release and it really is the incoming text from R at 9:27. It's definitely not clear :banghead:

I tend to think we did see the end of the texts between R and Dylan, because the family was talking about texting ending shortly after 8pm up until the press release from the sheriff disclosed the 9:37. There is a possibility there was a typo on the press release and it really is the incoming text from R at 9:27. It's definitely not clear :banghead:

I'll disagree because I don't believe that last text was made from Dylans phone and LE found his ipod email texting account

also

Starting about noon Sunday, the two carried on a constant stream of banter. The back and forth continued as the boys made plans to hang out as soon as possible - See more at: http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life--#sthash.HUfKt4m0.dpuf

BBM

we didn't see 8 hours of texts

I have wondered if he's on some sort of medication myself, but that would only effect his affect, not the actual words he uses. So I could see where it *might* negate behavior analysis to a certain degree, but I don't see where it would negate the speech analysis which is based more on his choice of words, not the delivery. Just MOO as I'm no expert.

I think he speaks like a man who is not educated but is somewhat embarrassed about that so he wants to seem educated and well read so he uses big words to achieve that goal. Only he doesn't bother to know what those words mean or how to use them, so it ends up sounding worse than just uneducated. Sorry MR , that's the way it sounds.

While I have no problems with Dylan not texting after 9:30 p.m. I do have a lot of problems with the idea that he would venture out on his own with ALL of his belongings and not contact anyone prior to that. He definitely would have had some communication with someone to meet up somewhere. If he was just outside wandering around (i.e. playing on rock walls, exploring the woods, etc...) he would NOT have brought ALL of his belongings.

If someone came into the house to abduct him, there would be some kind of a evidence of a struggle-he was almost 14 years old at the time! Also, he wouldn't take the time to grab all of his stuff. Would you think the abductor would have bothered to grab the backpack? Or allowed Dylan to grab it? That doesn't make any sense.

Why would he leave the house with all of his stuff without contacting anyone at all. He had plans, he had friends and he lived too far away from anyone to just get up and go without talking to them first.

Trust me, I've tried all of the mental calisthenics possible to try to make this work, but it just doesn't. The only logical explanation at this point would be that Mark did something to Dylan.

It's possible that when he woke up the next morning, his phone battery was dead. It's possible that the battery just wouldn't take a charge. His mother said that it as an old flip phone. Batteries do go dead and have to be replaced sometimes. Mine won't keep a charge but a few hours now, and it's barely over a year old.

I know that a lot of things have to come together and fit to make a theory work, I'm just saying that some things can be explained. It's just making the pieces fit the puzzle.

He could have been picked up on the road by someone he thought he knew and then God knows what happened next. It might not make as much sense as Mark either spiriting him away somewhere or accidentally killing him, but then most crimes don't make any sense.

Not defending Mark at all because it still doesn't explain his demeanor with all this, but some men just cannot accept responsibility for their actions. If they feel cornered, they go into defensive mode and act like a jerk. He could be guilty or he could not be, it's just wait and see for me.

I thought that possible also until ER definitely said 9:37 was last text.

It's possible that when he woke up the next morning, his phone battery was dead. It's possible that the battery just wouldn't take a charge. His mother said that it as an old flip phone. Batteries do go dead and have to be replaced sometimes. Mine won't keep a charge but a few hours now, and it's barely over a year old.

I know that a lot of things have to come together and fit to make a theory work, I'm just saying that some things can be explained. It's just making the pieces fit the puzzle.

He could have been picked up on the road by someone he thought he knew and then God knows what happened next. It might not make as much sense as Mark either spiriting him away somewhere or accidentally killing him, but then most crimes don't make any sense.

Not defending Mark at all because it still doesn't explain his demeanor with all this, but some men just cannot accept responsibility for their actions. If they feel cornered, they go into defensive mode and act like a jerk. He could be guilty or he could not be, it's just wait and see for me.

Like Dr. Phil said, if MR didn't do anything to Dylan, then there is something very wrong with MR-because of how he behaves. Why didn't he take a lie detector test offered by Dr. Phil to clear himself if he is in fact innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member